PDA

View Full Version : Semakan Kemasukan IPTA bagi STPM/setaraf

weixiang
30-06-2011, 12:42 PM
For those with STPM or equivalent qualifications that have applied for public university, you can check your application result starting 15 July 2011 (12pm onwards).

1. Internet:
- http://upu.mohe.gov.my/
- http://www.jpt.uum.edu.my/
- http://www.jpt.utm.my/

2. SMS: Type UPU<>RESULT<>NO KP and send to 15888

3. Hotline: 03-8883 5858

All the best! :)

kun_JK92
30-06-2011, 10:49 PM
second time praying so hard since JPA results last year....=.=''hmmm......

kaiyi
07-07-2011, 11:17 PM
All the best to juniors! Hope you all get first choices!

maxson92
08-07-2011, 12:19 PM
HAHAHA!!!! hope can get 1st choice.. My dream choice...

Jonathan
09-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Hopefully all of us get our first choice for our IPTA application...may God bless all of you...

weixiang
15-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Today is the day! Good luck! =)

SpongeBobOct
15-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Is this a reliable website to check 4 de IPTA intake result? http://intake.utm.my/semakan/

Feni2008
15-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Have anyone got their result? Kindly share with us ya~ =)

SpongeBobOct
15-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Have anyone got their result? Kindly share with us ya~ =)

Where else can we check 4 de intake result? (other than http://intake.utm.my/semakan/)

yennee
15-07-2011, 12:39 PM
http://eputra.visibli.com/7246e3932c31aa84/?web=8d4051&dst=http%3A%2F%2Fintake.utm.my%2Fsemakan%2F

spongeboboct - why do you want to check?lol

zanyzephyr
15-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Ugh, STPM biology student, 3.85, Veterinarian Sciences, Univerisiti Putra Malaysia. Anyone else got that?

fran28
15-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Anyone with UPM-Biochemistry?

lhc10001
15-07-2011, 08:01 PM
stpm 4.0 - p.am,math S, ekonomi, perakaunan
get 3rd choice - ukm pentadbiran perniagaan

bookm
15-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I got UKM business too!

SpongeBobOct
15-07-2011, 10:27 PM
http://eputra.visibli.com/7246e3932c31aa84/?web=8d4051&dst=http%3A%2F%2Fintake.utm.my%2Fsemakan%2F

spongeboboct - why do you want to check?lol

I'm checking it 4 my bro. :)

desireeV
15-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Kejuruteraan Perhubungan (UniMAP) Anyone got the same thing or from the same place??

Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya
16-07-2011, 12:23 AM
STPM Physics 3.67. UPM - Ekonomi. Sad.

alicelau
16-07-2011, 02:14 PM
STPM Bio:3.75-pengeluaran tanaman (ums)
I'm speechless.

Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya
16-07-2011, 02:29 PM
STPM Bio:3.75-pengeluaran tanaman (ums)
I'm speechless.

>< we're so unlucky....

is there a way to change the course?? :cry

fran28
16-07-2011, 02:39 PM
>< we're so unlucky....

I heard that you can change after finishing your first sem

melindaL
16-07-2011, 02:48 PM
>< we're so unlucky....

Actually what are ur first choice and kk marks if u dont mind me asking?

alicelau
16-07-2011, 03:02 PM
>< we're so unlucky....

yeap,so unlucky.what i got is totally out of my 8 choices.i'm trying to appeal via mca.you can try it as well.the chances to change course after first sem is quite dim.

weixiang
16-07-2011, 03:04 PM
>< we're so unlucky....

Yes, you can change your course. Even changing faculty is allowed depends on places available. But this process will take some time. If you're lucky, you'll get to know at the end of your first semester or else, at the beginning of your second semester. It wouldn't be much a problem if the subjects credits are transferable.

gjy677
16-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Yes, you can change your course. Even changing faculty is allowed depends on places available. But this process will take some time. If you're lucky, you'll get to know at the end of your first semester or else, at the beginning of your second semester. It wouldn't be much a problem if the subjects credits are transferable.

I think spaces for popular courses are difficult to get...

Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya
16-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Actually what are ur first choice and kk marks if u dont mind me asking?

My first choice was Mechanical Engineering in UM (Checked on quansheng and saw last year someone with 3.5x got it.. so i dared to put this)

2nd choice - same course in UKM.
3rd - Aerospace engineering in UPM.
4th - Mechanical engineering in UPM. (I believe i should get this)
5th - Aeronautical engineering in UTM.

Looking back i think i'm quite foolish in putting my courses...

My kk marks was 7.3x something.

sigh.. FML.

Cactus
16-07-2011, 07:07 PM
STPM 4.0, kokurikulum 70+

1st choice: UM Medicine
2nd choice: UKM Medicine
3rd choice: UPM Medicine (I got this one)

I think this just reinforce the perception that admissions to UM is depends on your race and whether you did Matric or STPM.

lhc10001
16-07-2011, 09:40 PM
ya..absolutely agree to what u say regarding the admissions to UM.

zahra
16-07-2011, 10:42 PM

I think this just reinforce the perception that admissions to UM is depends on your race and whether you did Matric or STPM.

Not really. I know at least 2 friends who did Asasi Sains Hayat in UM but didn't manage to enter UM Medicine despite getting 4.0. (Obviously they are bumis)

The first one got UPM Medicine, and the second one got UM Dentistry.

Since there are so many students with 4.0, koku marks is definitely important. A difference in 0.1 may look small, but it does give an impact...

I am sorry if you feel bad after struggling to get 4.0 and ended up getting UPM, but I just want you to realise that being a Malay does not really give an advantage in applying for UM.

I did my asasi in UM, and I think there are more Chinese students here than Malays...

koko1120
16-07-2011, 11:15 PM
anyone get biomedical engineering in UTM?

eager to meet my juniors, hehe =)

gjy677
16-07-2011, 11:40 PM
I did my asasi in UM, and I think there are more Chinese students here than Malays...

More chinese students in asasi? In medic?

zahra
16-07-2011, 11:47 PM
More chinese students in asasi? In medic?

I mean, in the University. Not in asasi. Sorry for making it look confusing

gjy677
16-07-2011, 11:48 PM
I mean, in the University. Not in asasi. Sorry for making it look confusing

Haha... You must be joking...

letitia
17-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Kejuruteraan Perhubungan (UniMAP) Anyone got the same thing or from the same place??

hey, i got that too but i'm most prob won't go for it :) i hav a fren who's goin to unimap too but diff course

Cactus
17-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Not really. I know at least 2 friends who did Asasi Sains Hayat in UM but didn't manage to enter UM Medicine despite getting 4.0. (Obviously they are bumis)

The first one got UPM Medicine, and the second one got UM Dentistry.

Since there are so many students with 4.0, koku marks is definitely important. A difference in 0.1 may look small, but it does give an impact...

I am sorry if you feel bad after struggling to get 4.0 and ended up getting UPM, but I just want you to realise that being a Malay does not really give an advantage in applying for UM.

Sorry if I offended you. I did not intend to turn this thread into a racially-charged quarrel. Nor do I think it is Malay or "bumi"'s "fault" that I did not get into UM. (UPM is fine for me anyway.)

I would say that I should have phrased my words more carefully, but I'm still skeptical of the admissions process of UM.

zanyzephyr
17-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Sorry if I offended you. I did not intend to turn this thread into a racially-charged quarrel. Nor do I think it is Malay or "bumi"'s "fault" that I did not get into UM. (UPM is fine for me anyway.)

I would say that I should have phrased my words more carefully, but I'm still skeptical of the admissions process of UM.

It is not the fault of the race, just the system. The senior from UM told me that 90% of the places in UM medicine and pharmacy was sealed and reserved for Matrics, and matrics only. I was seriously baffled was I was told that. Fact or fiction? 399 pharmacy student in UM last was from matrics, 1 from STPM. Want me to get the number of 4.0s from STPM 2009? Don't try me. I forgot the stats for medicine, but it's somewhat the same.

Owh btw, matrics were conducted this way: Examinations are mostly* I wouldn't dare saying all* by the lecturers themselves, and notes are given prior to the examinations. So just read the notes, holler and 4.0 is yours.

STPM, we were actually examined under a body MPM where the prior notes is actually that wide,*we are know* and the accuracy of the topics to be tested is pretty much unknown.

So yes, I'm rambling because of the double standards imposted on our very education system, and the only victims are us the next generation. What's better, I'm so one of the people who is going bang the government back when they say I'm contributing to the part of the brain drain. Hey, I have better options outside, it is human nature to do so. Don't even ask me to come back and devote when you had never cherished me before. Adada.

So Cactus, no worries, I have facts to get your back covered. In denial matrics students? Ask your seniors, or just your lecturers. We STPMers deserve more than these. Cactus got 5As in STPM and ended up in UPM medicine. I don't think plenty of the Matrics students took 5 subjects. You took 3, max 4, Pengajian Am wasn't even compulsory. Pfft, again the double standards.

Blame who? The government for introducing matrics at the very first place. Well, I'm appealing first. If I didn't manage to get the course I want, I can still go for private universities like Newcastle or Monash in which their rankings are far more higher than Malaysian universities, despite of their fees. At least I'm able to go further.

Okay I admit I'm typing this out of anger, but hey,they are all facts.

Seriously, anyone from STPM got medicine into UM? Please state, lets make some statistical analysis.

zahra
17-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Dear Cactus,

I am amazed that you did STPM and managed to get 5As. I admit that doing Matrics or Asasi is not as hard as doing STPM. Or at least, I personally think that SPM was a greater struggle than Asasi. Yes, our lecturers prepared their own notes and examination papers. They also marked our papers. I am aware that we have such a great advantage, compared to our friends doing STPM.

I do agree that the education system in our country has so much advantage for bumis. Whereas, people don't get to choose to be born in what race... It is our responsibility to correct this flawed system so that our younger generations don't face the same problem.

I am sorry if you feel guilty for being "offensive". I apologise if I overreacted... Now I feel responsible to make the best of what I got. All the best in your journey doing Medicine, colleague :)

p/s: I got UM Medicine (I feel guilty for taking your place :( )

desireeV
17-07-2011, 02:08 PM
hey, i got that too but i'm most prob won't go for it :) i hav a fren who's goin to unimap too but diff course

so, what have u decided? before that, are u a bio/physics student?

fran28
17-07-2011, 03:51 PM
no one going for UPM- Biochemistry? None of my friends going either. Looks like I'm all alone :(

twin
18-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Wanted to post this last week. Just couldn't bring myself to do so. Until now.

cgpa 4.0 - offered matematik aktuari dan kewangan at UM (6th choice).

Anyone knows if studying actuarial sc at UM or UKM gets u any exemptions from professional qualification papers?

Seriously, anyone from STPM got medicine into UM? Please state, lets make some statistical analysis.

Srsly, gotta check UKM medic too.

gjy677
18-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Wanted to post this last week. Just couldn't bring myself to do so. Until now.

cgpa 4.0 - offered matematik aktuari dan kewangan at UM (6th choice).

Anyone knows if studying actuarial sc at UM or UKM gets u any exemptions from professional qualification papers?

Srsly, gotta check UKM medic too.

Oh my... You got matematik aktuari which is your 6th choice? What is the choices above? It is so difficult to get that course...

twin
19-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Oh my... You got matematik aktuari which is your 6th choice? What is the choices above? It is so difficult to get that course...

U know la, i put all the almost impossible courses in front like medic and dentistry. haha. i can say i was being unrealistic.

gjy677
19-07-2011, 12:07 AM
U know la, i put all the almost impossible courses in front like medic and dentistry. haha. i can say i was being unrealistic.

But isn't matematik aktuari even more difficult to get?

sugan
20-07-2011, 06:16 PM
qualification: STPM 2010
subjects:4
stream: physics
course offered: UM chemical engineering
choice no : 1
(no medic in my options)

Jellyfish
20-07-2011, 07:11 PM

I believe that it's the ko-k marks that affected your offer

AllenChew
20-07-2011, 07:35 PM

Cactus , getting 4.0 in STPM isn't an easy stuff to be achieved. I would like to say that's awesome and brilliant..salute:))
Go for overseas study if you are managed to...seek for the best financial aid..I think for sure UPM is not your ideal place..good luck ! :))

I am matriculation student , physical science stream , cgpa 4.0 , koko mark 80+
1st : UM Law
2nd : UKM Law
3rd : UM Civil Engineering(What I got)
I am quite disappointed with that , is it possible for me to get course changing before the university starts ? I heard that mostly we have to waste one year to study what we get..then only reenter the new course(Year One)..anyone has any suggestion or opinion or experience to share ? Thanks alot :)

SapphireDragon
20-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Cactus , getting 4.0 in STPM isn't an easy stuff to be achieved. I would like to say that's awesome and brilliant..salute:))
Go for overseas study if you are managed to...seek for the best financial aid..I think for sure UPM is not your ideal place..good luck ! :))

I am quite disappointed with that , is it possible for me to get course changing before the university starts ? I heard that mostly we have to waste one year to study what we get..then only reenter the new course(Year One)..anyone has any suggestion or opinion or experience to share ? Thanks alot :)

I'm a 1st year law student at UM, also from matriculation but from a biological sciences background. You can appeal to the Dean of the Law Faculty once you register at UM, but it really depends on whether you are lucky enough to get it approved immediately or to wait for one year.

melindaL
20-07-2011, 11:08 PM

For matric students,dis yr the kk marks do not include the school marks.Ur 80+ kk marks is a combination of school and matric?

SapphireDragon
20-07-2011, 11:13 PM
And AllenChew, I've been browsing your blog (hope you don't mind), and I must praise you for your passion in the law. The legal profession and especially UM law faculty needs students like you. The road ahead may be tough and uncertain, but do not despair. I know of a friend, who got 4.0 matrik frm biological science stream, but he was offered a course in medical imaging instead of law. He appealed and he managed to get into the law faculty. Of course, he may be late for one year (he's joining this year's new batch), but I think he must be very happy to see his dreams being achieved. I wish you all the best of luck.

gjy677
20-07-2011, 11:32 PM
I know of a friend, who got 4.0 matrik frm biological science stream, but he was offered a course in medical imaging instead of law. He appealed and he managed to get into the law faculty. Of course, he may be late for one year (he's joining this year's new batch), but I think he must be very happy to see his dreams being achieved.

You mean the guy featured in MalaysiaKini??? http://www.freemalaysiakini.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=10728

SapphireDragon
21-07-2011, 03:49 AM
You mean the guy featured in MalaysiaKini??? http://www.freemalaysiakini.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=10728

Erm........yeah.

freakyz
21-07-2011, 11:13 PM
CGPA 3.84 (STPM) => UPM chemical engineering

sugan
21-07-2011, 11:47 PM
should we make a statistics for this year? we can use the poll here, for future students( last time , i also wanted to know stats of past years.

AllenChew
23-07-2011, 10:30 AM
For matric students,dis yr the kk marks do not include the school marks.Ur 80+ kk marks is a combination of school and matric?

Yea..combination..if matric solely is 90 marks..i heard that too..but I thought for my batch UPU still consider both secondary sch and matric..5% each..only for the 2011/2012 batch only start counting matric koko marks solely?

And AllenChew, I've been browsing your blog (hope you don't mind), and I must praise you for your passion in the law. The legal profession and especially UM law faculty needs students like you. The road ahead may be tough and uncertain, but do not despair. I know of a friend, who got 4.0 matrik frm biological science stream, but he was offered a course in medical imaging instead of law. He appealed and he managed to get into the law faculty. Of course, he may be late for one year (he's joining this year's new batch), but I think he must be very happy to see his dreams being achieved. I wish you all the best of luck.

Haha..won't mind of course..thanks for your compliment and also wishes..yes..I will never give up..it's my ambition and my dream..I will succeed no matter how ! :))
And I know the guy..he's my senior in Malacca Matriculation College~

kun_JK92
23-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Yea..combination..if matric solely is 90 marks..i heard that too..but I thought for my batch UPU still consider both secondary sch and matric..5% each..only for the 2011/2012 batch only start counting matric koko marks solely?
hmm...my counselor told me, our koku mark depends solely on matric performance after he attended a meeting...yeah,2010/11