PDA

View Full Version : Scholarships (JPA,Petronas,MARA, Telekom,Tenaga,BNM,...) FAQ

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

DecentMerson
16-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi! I'm a new member here. I have a few question regarding the JPA scholarship :

1. I'm a science stream student and i got 12A1's (including the GCE O-Level) in SPM but i'm applying jpa to study accountancy overseas. So, will this affect their decision on granting me the scholarship as i'm not from the arts stream?

2. If i'm not given the scholarship and i want to appeal for it, can i appeal to choose to study a different course (i.e. i applied to study accoutancy but when i appeal, i choose to study pharmacy)?

hi... welcome aboard...

first of all, JPA dun look at ur GCE O-level / (1119)... so, basically, u got 11A1 under their eyes...

as long as u fulfill the requirements listed by JPA, u can apply to any courses... it won't affect their decision on awarding u the scholarship watsoever, but the interviewers might ask ur reason of taking up accounting after doing so well in science stream... (just maybe)

regarding to ur 2nd question, yes, you can choose to study other courses or even the same course when u appeal....

chanyc3
16-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Hi! I'm a new member here. I have a few question regarding the JPA scholarship :

1. I'm a science stream student and i got 12A1's (including the GCE O-Level) in SPM but i'm applying jpa to study accountancy overseas. So, will this affect their decision on granting me the scholarship as i'm not from the arts stream?

2. If i'm not given the scholarship and i want to appeal for it, can i appeal to choose to study a different course (i.e. i applied to study accoutancy but when i appeal, i choose to study pharmacy)?

hi... welcome aboard...

first of all, JPA dun look at ur GCE O-level / (1119)... so, basically, u got 11A1 under their eyes...

as long as u fulfill the requirements listed by JPA, u can apply to any courses... it won't affect their decision on awarding u the scholarship watsoever, but the interviewers might ask ur reason of taking up accounting after doing so well in science stream... (just maybe)

regarding to ur 2nd question, yes, you can choose to study other courses or even the same course when u appeal....

Thanks Decent Merson :) I've been quite worried about not getting the scholarship because sooooooo many ppl are applying for it and i'm not very active in co-curiccular activities. I think my chances of getting the scholarship is very, very slim. :?

chanyc3
16-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I have another question here. For the JPA scholarship overseas programme, usually which country do they send us to study accountancy?

qy
16-03-2005, 09:06 PM
I just disappeared for four days and ta-dah, when i came back, i was already lost in this forum. Lol..oops, sorry, digressing again...anyway, anyone staying in johor bahru around here? Cos i can't seem to get the conventional jpa form from bsn cos it's out of stock. Bummers. I have sent the online one, but i just thought maybe sending both ways is kind of safer. (kiasu-ism :D) And as for the bnm scholarship, i didn't fill in the IC colour. Is it okay?

Patrick
16-03-2005, 09:11 PM
I just disappeared for four days and ta-dah, when i came back, i was already lost in this forum. Lol..oops, sorry, digressing again...anyway, anyone staying in johor bahru around here? Cos i can't seem to get the conventional jpa form from bsn cos it's out of stock. Bummers. I have sent the online one, but i just thought maybe sending both ways is kind of safer. (kiasu-ism :D) And as for the bnm scholarship, i didn't fill in the IC colour. Is it okay?

Well, according to the JPA website, if you send by both ways (online and the conventional method), only the one sent online will be taken into account. However, if your form submitted online get screwed up (probably deleted for unknown reasons), your conventional form will be your life-saver >.<

For BNM, I didnt fill that in too.

zqax
16-03-2005, 10:39 PM
I thought it should be blue?I filled it with blue...

zqax
16-03-2005, 11:23 PM
I heard that the oversea scholarships from Telekom had been tranfered to MOE (I'm not sure)???(I contacted the Telekom by phone)
He said that there is no longer open-to-public oversea scholarship from telekom? 8O

Anyone have any idea to apply for it?

Satama
16-03-2005, 11:30 PM
qy, you meet a JB-rian here :wink: . If I'm not wrong, the JPA form is already sold out here at cawangan BSN. Anyway, if you send both online form & purchased (fill-in) form, only the online form will be considered & accepted. So, in my opinion, you don't really have to send both of them. I bought both forms like you, too, though now the purchased form is now lying there without getting to be sent out... *sigh*

I faced the problem of not getting my name, IC & submit date correctly when I tried to print out the confirmation slip. However, after I sought helps from the lady at JPA (via JPA hotline), I was told to keep any confirmation slip I have so that I would at least have a prove showing that I'd submitted the form. :wink:

I hope that your JPA form submission will be successful then :wink: .

DecentMerson
17-03-2005, 05:41 AM
I have another question here. For the JPA scholarship overseas programme, usually which country do they send us to study accountancy?

i have two exclassmate/schoolmate got the scholarship, 1 is now at Australia, the other one is going to UK....

I think that's the only choices...

flibbertigibbet
17-03-2005, 11:11 AM
I have just called the JPA hotline.

Well, according to the nice lady on the other side of the phone, your form is only counted as updated if you log in, submit the form and see the CETAK SLIP PENGESAHAN button.

That means if you log in, resubmit and KELUAR, that is still not counted as updating your form. You have to proceed till the CETAK SLIP PENGESAHAN page to finish updating your form.

If you forget to print out the completed form before submitting and feel like printing it out now, you can relog in, resubmit and print. Then straight away KELUAR. Don't proceed to the CETAK SLIP PENGESAHAN page and you will be safe.

Hope this helps.

eons
17-03-2005, 11:36 AM
just checking

cross country is olahraga acara padang rite ?? and additional sports is olahraga acara trek ?? i'm so nervous. i'm sending my jpa today. wish me luck. thaks alot :D :D

flibbertigibbet
17-03-2005, 11:49 AM
just checking

cross country is olahraga acara padang rite ?? and additional sports is olahraga acara trek ?? i'm so nervous. i'm sending my jpa today. wish me luck. thaks alot :D :D

Eh...I didn't know that cross country is olahraga acara padang. I thought olahraga acara padang includes the javelin and discus throwing events which are played in the stadium but not on the track.

Well, I don't know whether I'm right or wrong, but I remember myself categorizing cross country as LAIN-LAIN.

All the best in filling in and submitting the form.

einstein
17-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Regarding the Petronas scholarship,I'm wondering if I have to enclose my co-curricular certificates together with the postal order,a copy of the online form and my result slip.So, can anyone
give me some advice about this? :wink:

Psycho
17-03-2005, 12:33 PM
That means if you log in, resubmit and KELUAR, that is still not counted as updating your form. You have to proceed till the CETAK SLIP PENGESAHAN page to finish updating your form.

If you forget to print out the completed form before submitting and feel like printing it out now, you can relog in, resubmit and print. Then straight away KELUAR. Don't proceed to the CETAK SLIP PENGESAHAN page and you will be safe.

Seems not true... I did just that and it was counted... Anyone with similar experience?

doiwl
17-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Since I am facing some problem with the JPA online application, just to tell that...

you must print that confirmation slip.
and the confirmation slip MUST have your name and IC printed.

If your name and IC is not printed there, that means the info you entered did not reach the JPA database.

(There was some scripting error for those who applied earlier. My information only reach JPA database on the 7th time)

doiwl
17-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Regarding the Petronas scholarship,I'm wondering if I have to enclose my co-curricular certificates together with the postal order,a copy of the online form and my result slip.So, can anyone
give me some advice about this? :wink:

only 3 things to be send in

Original application form (that you printed out and signed by PK 1 / Pengetua)
SPM result (certified)
Postal order (RM20)

chenchow
17-03-2005, 01:41 PM
For JPA, I would say that bring the original and certified during the interview. It is more for verification purpose. Arrange it in the order of the form you fill in.

For President or any post in association, I would say put for penglibatan. "Peringkat Sekolah"

For those with parents working as teacher or other government servants, majikan "Kerajaan Malaysia"

I think Petronas would want you to bring the certified certs during interview. JPA is the same thing.

On printing out the form, just go Alt F and Print on Internet Explorer or other browsers that you use.

Chanyc3, on applying for accounting, as long as you have taken all the courses required, checked the ad, then you would be fine.

You can appeal to change course, but changing from accounting to pharmacy wouldn't work typically, since it is much tougher to get pharmacy scholarship.

eons, for cross country, it should be olahraga acara lain-lain ,which if I am wrong, is available on the form, as someone mentioned it before. Acara trek is those sports that run on track, like 100 meters sprint, long distance run, hurdles, relay etc

Thanks doiwl for the information. Hope fellow ReComers can help spread the words to your friends.

If anyone is not sure whether your information reached JPA or not, just give JPA hotline a call and ask them.

petertok
17-03-2005, 03:17 PM
i've called petronas helpline. They say only submit the 3 things mentioned in the 'status' page which is the certified copy of the form , spm result slip and the postal order. However , it is not wrong for u to send in your co-curriculum certs as well. But he said it would do you not even a slight advantage over others. "Buat penat sahaja" is what he replied. As for the pengesahan sijil part , they actually prefer us to get the principal's signature , if we get penolong kanan or other teachers to sign it , then the cop must contain "bagi pihak pengetua" .

flibbertigibbet
17-03-2005, 05:37 PM

Seems not true... I did just that and it was counted... Anyone with similar experience?

Oh my, that means after submitting the form for the first time, and resubmitting to print the form (due to my previous mistake of not printing the completed form out), I now have one time left to update the form should I have something to edit, right?

I thought the nice JPA lady can really be trusted.

By the way, how did you know it is counted?

Psycho
17-03-2005, 06:02 PM
rite after reading ur post, i logged into the sytem..

and i saw the number of updates was 2..

but after i updated my info without proceeding to Cetak Slip Pengesahan thingy like what i read, i went to see the form once again.. and then it stated the number was 3..

so u see, it was counted...

flibbertigibbet
17-03-2005, 07:10 PM

but after i updated my info without proceeding to Cetak Slip Pengesahan thingy like what i read, i went to see the form once again.. and then it stated the number was 3..

This is what I did.

14th March - Submitted my JPA form and printed the confirmation slip.
17th March - Phoned the JPA hotline and then relogged in my account. Printed the completed form. Didn't check my status after printing. (According to what you said, it means if I relog in, I'll see it being stated that I have updated my forms twice.)

I'm really sorry if the info provided is wrong. But I just quoted exactly what the JPA hotline lady said.

Ixora
17-03-2005, 07:16 PM
at the first time i submit the JPA form, no name and ic number appeared on the confirmation note. the time is wrong, too. yesterday, i submit the form again. this time, there are my name and ic number on the confirmation form. the time is correct, too.

lucky... :D :D :D

p/s: i didn't phoned up to JPA, just tried my luck on the form yesterday. :oops: :D

flibbertigibbet
17-03-2005, 07:24 PM
at the first time i submit the JPA form, no name and ic number appeared on the confirmation note. the time is wrong, too. yesterday, i submit the form again. this time, there are my name and ic number on the confirmation form. the time is correct, too.

p/s: i didn't phoned up to JPA, just tried my luck on the form yesterday. :oops: :D

How many times have you updated your form? It should be stated there right?

Ixora
17-03-2005, 07:35 PM

How many times have you updated your form? It should be stated there right?

i didn't really pay any attention to the number of update. this is only the second time i submit the form. at the first time, the name and ic number didn't come out. so i wait a few days to try again. the second time is yesterday. that means i only access twice and submit twice. once i access, i submit. so i didn't access to change the info in the application form. understand? :?: :?: :)

chenchow
18-03-2005, 12:03 AM
This is copied from a redundant thread. Please continue discussion here.

Hey, i just came accross this superb site while looking for some scholarships to apply( none I found! )...

Well , i actually applied for dentistry through JPA already, but s seriously do not know whether i can get it or not !

Do any of you know of any other scholarships out there? Or sponsorships???

I got 11 As but not straight A 1 s.... so i seriously doubt my chances of getting a JPA ONE!

aIH, SO SAD! :(

zqax
18-03-2005, 12:12 AM
hey did anyone apply for Telekom?I heard the closing date is 30 Mac.

About the JPA and petronas scholarship, i just called both the scholarships hotlink yesterday and they told me I can include Sukan Tara as acara olahraga padang ,mewakili rumah, in the sports achievement.
Regarding the availbility of the certs, the petronas said that they won't
mind sinch it is only wakil rumah,while the JPA said that it is better that we include that event in testimonial or CV.

solace
18-03-2005, 12:43 AM
sorry been idle for almost a year now. dere's literally no internet service at the forest reserve im studying at.

first things first, my sis just HAD to go for national service at the most crucial post spm period. i had to help out with her jpa online aplication.

she filled the form on the day the results were out i think, and on the day she left for her camp, i checked the account. the whole thing was blank except for the name and ic. after filling it in for the second time ( bilangan kemaskini : 2 ) the slip was without her name and ic and the time was wrong ( 12.00am when it was 10.45pm) i went back to the online form page ( it was empty again) and refilled it. the slip was still wrong dis time round.

today i tried filling it out again, this time (third time filling), it got through, and the name, ic ANd time was right. and it was stated bilangan kemaskini : 1

i guess it'l oni get through the third time round ( induction )

anyway, congrats to the 2004 spm batch. and good luck with all your scholarship applications

Psycho
18-03-2005, 01:33 AM

This is what I did.

14th March - Submitted my JPA form and printed the confirmation slip.
17th March - Phoned the JPA hotline and then relogged in my account. Printed the completed form. Didn't check my status after printing. (According to what you said, it means if I relog in, I'll see it being stated that I have updated my forms twice.)

I'm really sorry if the info provided is wrong. But I just quoted exactly what the JPA hotline lady said.

no worries.. i understand.. sometimes ppl are just unpredictable...

timberlandd
18-03-2005, 02:00 AM
isn't our guru kanan pengawai division satu??????????i have got him to sign for me the spm slips and sent it to petronas!!!!!!!!!! haih~ why don't they trust all those gurus??????i am going paranoid with all those scholarships

doiwl
18-03-2005, 02:12 AM
isn't our guru kanan pengawai division satu??????????i have got him to sign for me the spm slips and sent it to petronas!!!!!!!!!! haih~ why don't they trust all those gurus??????i am going paranoid with all those scholarships

from what i know is
pegawai division satu: you can ask your Penolong Kanan Satu to sign it (the original form need pengesahan Pegawai Division Satu or Pengetua etc.)

For certifying the SPM slips... guru kanan can "bagi pihak" for the pengetua.

doiwl
18-03-2005, 02:19 AM
i also wanted to know details about Yayasan Telekom.
The link given in the earlier post seems to be outdated (2001).

I did not notice any advertisement in newspaper~

About the JPA and petronas scholarship, i just called both the scholarships hotlink yesterday and they told me I can include Sukan Tara as acara olahraga padang ,mewakili rumah, in the sports achievement.
Regarding the availbility of the certs, the petronas said that they won't
mind sinch it is only wakil rumah,while the JPA said that it is better that we include that event in testimonial or CV.

Aih... Too late to know that sukan tara can be included...
i sent the application form already.

Caess
18-03-2005, 03:14 AM
One confusion here, I have filled the form and submitted online BUT WITHOUT printing the completed form out. However I have the slip pengesahan and with the name, IC printed correctly.

So, my question here, what is the consequence if I didn't print out the completed form? Is it a necessary procedure? Will it affect the application process?

Also, another question, is it really true that JPA doesnt look at GCE-O level english 1119?

Caess
18-03-2005, 03:26 AM
Also, another question (oops..sorry),

do i need to send all those certified certs and result slips to JPA even after i apply online? (coz they do not require us to send in those certs....well...i am not sure...correct me if i am wrong)

And, how do JPA view our result? Over all or 10 best subject or ...?

chenchow
18-03-2005, 04:44 AM
the confirmation slip would be good enough as proof. However, one of the main reasons of asking you all to print the form, is that a lot of students forget what co-curricular activities they fill up, what major they choose etc, so having a copy at hand would help a lot. It won't be affecting the application process by itself.

On 1119, I would say that no one would know how JPA looks at it, but I think if you are applying for a course in the highly competitive major in US, UK, Australia and New Zealand, it would matter.

You do not need to send certified certs, but you would need to bring those during interview. It is for verification process.

JPA would look very seriously on whether you meet the minimum requirement, i.e. at least A2 in Malay, Moral/Islam, History. And JPA would look very heavily at around 5 or so subjects that are stated within the required prerequisite for each major. So, it will differ by the major. On exact formula JPA uses, I guess none of us would know.

doiwl
18-03-2005, 04:55 AM

It's just a bit too late... too late. :cry:
Just found it 2 minutes ago!

http://bulletin.mmu.edu.my/v3/view/bulletin_main.mmu?s=26011&by=title

Tarikh tutup: 21 Mac.

Permohonan secara online :?:
server down.

chenchow
18-03-2005, 11:40 AM
This is from a redundant thread. Please continue discussion here.

yeah, that is my question...

some ppl study abroad using that method.

Any of you know whether pharmaceutical companies like diethlem offers sponsorships?

qy
18-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Missed out on the telekom scholarship. :( Anyway, i called up Yayasan Telekom, and asked them about the server problem. The lady said MAYBE they MIGHT extend the online application after 21st march in view of this problem. But don't hope for too much. "mungkin lah" is very very vague. Ah. We shall wait and see. :wink:

doiwl
18-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Missed out on the telekom scholarship. :( Anyway, i called up Yayasan Telekom, and asked them about the server problem. The lady said MAYBE they MIGHT extend the online application after 21st march in view of this problem. But don't hope for too much. "mungkin lah" is very very vague. Ah. We shall wait and see. :wink:

Telekom... a telecommunication company, specialized in ICT~

They should have fixed the server problem earlier.

The link is now up ( http://ytm.telekom.com.my ) or (http://219.93.183.73) but the online application is still not ready yet. aduhai!

Benster
18-03-2005, 04:41 PM
hey, i'm actually wondering which engineering course shud i apply 4. Anyone out there can help me a lil'?
1st of all, i would love to do aeronautical engineering but it seems tht there wouldn't be any job opportunities in malaysia.
2nd choice will be mechatronics. but the inti counselor said tht besides sony there wouldn't be any other job fields.
3rd, E n E engineering. Feel tht this course is so so common. Although the job fields are large but the it's a common course where a lot of students apply for n currently studying it. Which means it's very competitive n will naturally decrease it's demand.
lastly, mechanical engineering. another common course like E n E.
By the way, can someone elaborate the job scope of a chemical engineer? :?

Benster
18-03-2005, 05:26 PM
By the way, one more ques.
i applied online for this petronas sscholarship thingy. seems tht i need to print twice the application form n need to post to them by mail... do i really need to print it out??? page by page?? cuz i need to post the postal order to them too .together with the form n my spm results. wut shud i do? or i can actually ignore it? n wait till i'm called for the interview. really confused!!

Ixora
18-03-2005, 05:30 PM
sorry to disturb, but 1 question here...

how long is the bond for actuary science in JPA scholarship? :?:

chenchow
18-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Copy from a redundant thread. Please continue discussion here.

hey there.. =)

can i know what do you guys think of the jpa online application for scholarship? =)
i personally applied through that method ( jz for fun =p )
only to find that they will not accept double application. That means, they will only accept the online one if we apply through online and post. 8O
I do have doubts about the online method because i was thinking....

'will they actually call me up for interview if they havent even see all my certs? ( btw do know that they will check those during the interview)..but i do wonder if applying through that method is a wise move or not.. :roll: '

haha but i cant turn back time n stop myself from applying online
=p
what is done is done~ :lol:
lalaalaa i'll jz pray that they'll call me up ; )

zqax
18-03-2005, 09:58 PM
well, about the telekom scholarship, it's still not too late ...try using DHL?may be they will send it on saturday?I wonder..
Anyway, i noticed that the scholarship only for those who interested to study in Malaysia, not oversea...so I won't apply,hehe...
I heard the telekom guy said the oversea scholarships was somehow reserved for the MOE for choosing the candidates,( I"m not sure, the telephone guy slang is abit confusing) .And I think Telekom had some financial crisis or something,just rumour though...

chanyc3
18-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Is it true that jpa overseas scholarships are mostly given to those who are going to study science-related courses like medicine, biotech... and not accoutancy? :?

chenchow
18-03-2005, 10:25 PM
On whehter pharma like diethlem offers scholarship/sponsorship, you would need to check with them. Post here if anyone has information.

Benster, for Petronas scholarship form, I think you would need to print it once and photocopy it twice. Yeah, print every page. You can print all pages at one go. On what to post, check some posts back in this thread. Some ReComers have posted it already.

On bond for actuary, it would be 4 or 6 years. I would let those who are majoring in it to post.

Huimay, online application and paper application is exactly the same. In fact, JPA strongly prefers online application. There is no disadvantage of applying online application. The cert for JPA Scholarship is only for verification purpose. JPA will just calculate the points based on the 5 stuff you fill up for each of the 3 category of co-curricular activities, and calcuate the points up. They will just scan your form of paper form online, which makes it exactly the same. The calculation of points are done by computer and not human.

For the certs, it is just for verification, i.e. to check whether you cheat or not. Sending more certs won't help, in fact would help reduce their workload.

JPA calls about 30% of the applicants (3900/13000 for last year) for interview. So, basically they will calculate the points from your SPM, co-curricular activities (including NS), whether parents work as gov servant, and then see whether you qualify for interview. So, there is no disadvantage at all for applying online.

zqax, Telekom is not facing any financial crisis. It has a net profit of over a billion each year.

chanyc3, there would be 1500 scholarships, and it will be divided over about 15 different courses. Some courses like engineering will have quite a lot. 350-400 for engineering (including scholarships to germany, france, japan, korea, as well as US), 200-300 medicine, etc... Accountancy, I am not sure how many scholarships there would be, but i don't think it is up to 50.

timberlandd
18-03-2005, 10:44 PM
chen chow, may i know where u get those stats???? thank you so much for replying

nutz
18-03-2005, 10:51 PM
bout applying for jpa scholarship, i'm applyng thru form and they want us to send in ours' and our parents ic and birt cert, do we need to certified those as well?

and chen chow, do u have any chance knowing how many scholarships jpa is offering for pharmacy??

petertok
19-03-2005, 12:11 AM
nutz , all files/documents you are going to send for the jpa needs to be certified.

hanie_star1704
19-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Is it okay if I forgot to photocopy my PETRONAS application form?Please help me....Would it affect my application later?I totally forgot about that!!!!! :( I only remember when I read what you said,chenchow.I already sent it!!!! :cry:

naoj
19-03-2005, 12:34 PM
curious senior over here - is it true that this yr the minimum requirement for applying for jpa is 9As? LAst yr it was B3s in certain crucial subjects. Requirements appeared in the NST last yr..howa bout this yr?

doiwl
19-03-2005, 12:44 PM
curious senior over here - is it true that this yr the minimum requirement for applying for jpa is 9As? LAst yr it was B3s in certain crucial subjects. Requirements appeared in the NST last yr..howa bout this yr?

Requirements for this year:
http://esila.jpa.gov.my/iklan_PILN2005.pdf

hercules
19-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Does anybody know the Sime Darby scholarship?

nutz
19-03-2005, 08:37 PM
nutz , all files/documents you are going to send for the jpa needs to be certified.

who should we get to certified my parents' and my ic as well as birtch cert since the school will not do that for us

hercules
19-03-2005, 11:27 PM

who should we get to certified my parents' and my ic as well as birtch cert since the school will not do that for us

my school teacher did that for me.

zqax
19-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Ya, can anyone post link or other sources regarding the scholarship?
Besides, I hope recomers will post out all others scholarships(except from JPA,Petronas and BSN)
for Form 5 leaver,before it's too late to apply.

thanks

chenchow
20-03-2005, 12:28 AM
the stat for JPA was published in JPA last year immediately after JPA decision was out.

I personally don't know for sure how many who get pharmacy scholarship, but i would estimate it to be in the range of 50.

hanie_star, I would say that if you have the proof of your postage (i.e. the slip of Pos Laju, registered mail), you should be fine. So, reminder to ReComers photocopy before you send any of those application stuff. Plus, always keep the proof of your postage.

Yeah, in fact, total number of JPA scholarships applicants may drop this year, since the requirements are increased to A2 mainly. JPA require at least A2 for BM, Moral/Islam, History and mainly A2 for a few more subjects.

petertok
20-03-2005, 12:31 AM

you school will not do that for you? thats weird... my school did that for me too.

doiwl
20-03-2005, 03:12 AM
Ya, can anyone post link or other sources regarding the scholarship?
Besides, I hope recomers will post out all others scholarships(except from JPA,Petronas and BSN)
for Form 5 leaver,before it's too late to apply.

thanks

Yayasan Sime Darby
This is what I found. I don't think it is relevant for post-SPM students.
http://ecampus.inti.edu.my/ecampus/viewnews&event.asp?NO=2472

by the way, TNB is offering scholarships for anak pekerja TNB only

eons
20-03-2005, 10:45 AM
i know this may sound stupid but wat would happen if i use pen to sign my jpa form ?? i know the form told us to use pencil but i kinda tot pen would be more formal when u sign stuff. Now i'm doomed as all my friends signed theirs with pencil. goodbye jpa........ :( :(

windrunner
20-03-2005, 11:12 AM
I don't think the computer is capable of scanning signatures.
In other words, it is the human that checks it, the machine would only check the boxes.

Don't worry!!

cutie_gal
20-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Yayasan Sime Darby

I think the dateline is over, right?

zqax
20-03-2005, 12:11 PM
I don't think you should ever use a pen in a OMR form...that's what my teacher told me when I was applying for Matrikulation...

doiwl
20-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Yayasan Sime Darby

I think the dateline is over, right?

Yup.. the deadline is over.

i know this may sound stupid but wat would happen if i use pen to sign my jpa form ?? i know the form told us to use pencil but i kinda tot pen would be more formal when u sign stuff. Now i'm doomed as all my friends signed theirs with pencil. goodbye jpa........ :( :(
Don't worry that much. cheer up! I think it should not be a big problem if your signature did not leave any stain on the first page.

:arrow: We all learn from mistakes...

chenchow
20-03-2005, 02:01 PM
On the signing of signature using pen, call up JPA immediately. If JPA really particular with it, you can apologize to JPA, and ask them for permission for you to resend one. You still have a few days to do so, or you could submit online and the online version would be the one counted.

huimay
20-03-2005, 04:32 PM
halo halo~

thank you a lot for your reply :wink:
i really appreciate it and now im not that worried anymore :D

but i have some other questions i hope you dont mind :P

1) Can i know how many scholarships does the jpa actually offers every year?; and how many scholarships are for the medical field?

2) During the interview, the jpa representative will just look through our certs to verify the validity of our achievements as we claimed or will they want a copy of our certs to keep with them? ( maybe to further examine our certs? ) =p

3) I do not have formal attire as i dress casually most of the time
( exp: t-shirt and jeans ) and when i have formal functions to attend to, it'll be school functions where i wore my school uniform.
So, for the jpa interview, will it be odd to wear my school uniform?
=)

4) My school had 13 straight A1's last year and among those 13 of my seniors, only 1 of them got the jpa scholarship.
I have personally talked to 3 of my seniors A,B and C.
(straight A1's & all of them attended the jpa interview )
Based on my knowledge..

Senior A : -male
-scored 10 A1's ( took accounts )
-is a PTS student
-no extra co-cocurriculum activities
-financially wise..can considered as 'rich'

Senior B : -male
-fantastic in his language ( english)
-extra activities :
involved in producing the school magazine
-financially : above average
-appears to be someone who possess a good interview
skills

Senior C : -female
-scored 11A1's ( tool bible knowledge and accounts)
- a school prefect
-extra activities: st.john ( ajk )
-financially -above average
- attended National Service
the result of the interview is that senior A got offered a scholarship for medic. Is it because of he is a pts student that he got some advantage? (btw does being a pts student helps? ) :wink:
but what about Senior B and C are both outstanding students~
Plus , Senior C attained 11 A1's and she was a school prefect!~
hmm ?_? How do they really picked the applicants? Based on points, isnt Senior C should have the offer?

5) Is it true that before the interview sessions, the jpa already have a rough idea of to who the sholarships they aimed to offer?
She attended NS and isnt that a plus plus point?

6) As i know before the year 2003, those who achieved straight A1's are automatically offered a place for jpa sholarship.
However starting from last year, they changed that policy.
Is it because of last year produced too many straight A1's that they cant offer a place for all that that is why they changed the policy?
Is there any tiny bit of chance for the jpa to offer a scholarship to all straight A1's achievers ( back to the old policy ) since the amount have dropped almost by half? :roll:

haha i think i've asked too much xp
p/s: im not hurry for an answer so take your time :lol:

--------------------------THaNK YoU !!!!!!-------------------- :wink:

smallboy
20-03-2005, 07:43 PM
im not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question but i hope u guys can help...
i already applied online thru ITPA for university but do i need 2 send my certified photostated cert? if yes send 2 where?

Patrick
20-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Huimay, may i know the race and ethnicity of all 3 of your seniors?

I'm not being a racist, just to analyse JPA's actions haha

You know, all of us are desperate for scholarships, so i guess we better do some research based on past experiences.

:D

cutie_gal
20-03-2005, 08:34 PM
( exp: t-shirt and jeans ) and when i have formal functions to attend to, it'll be school functions where i wore my school uniform.
=)

I think it shouldnt be a problem..During my time,many people wore school uniform.

smallboy
20-03-2005, 09:37 PM
the confirmation slip would be good enough as proof. However, one of the main reasons of asking you all to print the form, is that a lot of students forget what co-curricular activities they fill up, what major they choose etc, so having a copy at hand would help a lot. It won't be affecting the application process by itself.

On 1119, I would say that no one would know how JPA looks at it, but I think if you are applying for a course in the highly competitive major in US, UK, Australia and New Zealand, it would matter.

You do not need to send certified certs, but you would need to bring those during interview. It is for verification process.

JPA would look very seriously on whether you meet the minimum requirement, i.e. at least A2 in Malay, Moral/Islam, History. And JPA would look very heavily at around 5 or so subjects that are stated within the required prerequisite for each major. So, it will differ by the major. On exact formula JPA uses, I guess none of us would know.

sorry for the earlier post for not checking the forum 1st,

so u mean we don have to do anything after we've already applied online? juz wait for anwers? btw im applying after my stpm

petertok
21-03-2005, 03:22 AM
halo halo~

4) My school had 13 straight A1's last year and among those 13 of my seniors, only 1 of them got the jpa scholarship.
Based on my knowledge..

-is a PTS student

-extra activities :
skills

- a school prefect
the result of the interview is that senior A got offered a scholarship for medic. Is it because of he is a pts student that he got some advantage? (btw does being a pts student helps? ) :wink:
hmm ?_? How do they really picked the applicants? Based on points, isnt Senior C should have the offer?

huimay , mind telling us what course did Senior A,B and C apply for?

chenchow
21-03-2005, 09:11 AM
1) Can i know how many scholarships does the jpa actually offers every year?; and how many scholarships are for the medical field?

2) During the interview, the jpa representative will just look through our certs to verify the validity of our achievements as we claimed or will they want a copy of our certs to keep with them? ( maybe to further examine our certs? ) =p

=)

Based on my knowledge..

-is a PTS student

-extra activities :
skills

- a school prefect

5) Is it true that before the interview sessions, the jpa already have a rough idea of to who the sholarships they aimed to offer?

6) As i know before the year 2003, those who achieved straight A1's are automatically offered a place for jpa sholarship.
Is it because of last year produced too many straight A1's that they cant offer a place for all that that is why they changed the policy?
Is there any tiny bit of chance for the jpa to offer a scholarship to all straight A1's achievers ( back to the old policy ) since the amount have dropped almost by half? :roll:

1. JPA offers 1509 scholarships for SPM 2003 batches. 1300 for first intake and 209 for second intakes. For this year, JPA post in newspaper that they will offer 1500 scholarships. On medicine, it should be around 200-300 scholarships.

2. JPA will look through your original cert to verify, but they will take a copy of the certified cert as proof.

3. School uniform will be fine, although if you have some formal wear, that would show your interest.

4. First, financial standing does not affect JPA scholarships by even a little. PTS won't help in the scholarship application, or even if there is any help, it would be very minimal. While those candidates get A1 in all their subjects, candidate A may get very high in his/her A1, say 90+ in all subjects, whereas candidate B &C may get around 70+ in all subjects. (This could be one of the reasons) And while all 3 get A1 in all subjects, candidate A clearly get higher scores in JPA academic section.

On your claim of no curricular activities for A, are you very sure of that? NS would help a bit in the co-curricular activities calculation. Are candidate A's parents government servants? That gives him/her some advantage. Prefect will be counted as part of the co-curricular activities, and if I don't remember wrongly, it is counted as fewer points even compared to President of a club. (Do verify from JPA online form).

And an important aspect that you are not able to judge would be the interview. While candidate B may have very strong english command, I am not sure how he/she perform during the interview. He/she might have dominated the interview, and hence, that is the biggest pitfall. They observe a lot on leadership abilities, analytical abilities, listening skills (This is very essential) etc. Having 10A1 or 11A1 does not affect at all. A lot of those who get JPA scholarship actually have a quite extensive list of co-curricular activities.

5. JPA does calculate the points of academic, co-curricular activities, children of government servants before calling students to interview. However, as only around 30% of applicants being called up for interview, those students that were called up, are the ones potentially will get the scholarship. This notion of JPA already pre-determine who would get the scholarship, was for the batch of SPM 2000,01,02, when JPA offers guarantee of scholarships for every straight A1s. So, for those people, JPA already knows that they will get the scholarship, so JPA just focus on knowing which country they want. But for all other candidates, the interview is very essential. And for this year, we won't know whether JPA would give guarantee to straight A1s, so don't assume, just try your best in interview.

6. It is a question mark. No one would know.

huimay
21-03-2005, 09:14 AM
yep yep i really wanna know how they actually choose~! :roll:
it was really scary at the thought of : out of 13, can u imagine only 1 got it ~!! 8O
how scary can it be.. :wink:

p/s: all of my three seniors are chinese :roll:

btw Senior A who got the jpa scholarship told me that the interview he attended, he was the only chinese there and the rest was bumiputera. He said that maybe in terms of language, he might stand out since the rest of them do not command a very good english.
Do you think this is the main factor? :roll:
does it mean on that day. if we entered the interview room n found out that the rest are bumiputera, we stand a high chance? :lol:
means when we found out that the rest are bumiputera we can smile to ourself? :lol:

chenchow
21-03-2005, 09:24 AM
As I pointed out earlier, JPA looks at the exact score, rather than number of A1.

I seriously don't think that you can make a generalization that the rest of students are bumiputera, would mean that they are inferior than you. Frankly, I have met many very high achievers bumiputera, including many of them over here in ReCom. So, that generalization is something that you should avoid.

It could be that he managed to demonstrate a very good leadership abilities, besides his sound communication skills. I do not know him, so it would be tough for me to judge, but I think he did a good job in encouraging other students in discussing the topic.

I seriously would like to advise you to look at things objectively and not make serious generalization. Making gross assumptions and stereotypes may hurt others, and it is not a good attitude for those who would be essential in the future of nation building.

SHuLy
21-03-2005, 10:29 AM
what are the occupation of your seniors' parents?are they working in the government or private sector?

this is something that i have observed amongst my peers

DecentMerson
21-03-2005, 11:02 AM
yep yep i really wanna know how they actually choose~! :roll:
it was really scary at the thought of : out of 13, can u imagine only 1 got it ~!! 8O
how scary can it be.. :wink:

p/s: all of my three seniors are chinese :roll:

btw Senior A who got the jpa scholarship told me that the interview he attended, he was the only chinese there and the rest was bumiputera. He said that maybe in terms of language, he might stand out since the rest of them do not command a very good english.
Do you think this is the main factor? :roll:
does it mean on that day. if we entered the interview room n found out that the rest are bumiputera, we stand a high chance? :lol:
means when we found out that the rest are bumiputera we can smile to ourself? :lol:

is there a rule saying that bumiputeras have a weaker command of English?? how can u make sweeping statements like this... it is disgusting...

anyway, no rules stating that there must be someone in an interview group to be awarded any scholarship... and there's also a possiblity that more than 2 or more candidates in an interview group are awarded the scholarships... so, it still boils down to how well one's performing on the JPA grading scale, and not only in the interview by itself...

topdog
21-03-2005, 11:14 AM
is there a rule saying that bumiputeras have a weaker command of English?? how can u make sweeping statements like this... it is disgusting...
i agree with you, but i can see where she's coming from. let's face it: i would say the majority of non-bumis (note: 'majority', not 'all') will have developed certain (mostly negative) preconceptions about bumis after 5 years of secondary school because they don't get to see extremely capable bumis who are typically whisked off to mrsms and the like. personally, the first time i got to mix with so many high-achieving bumis was in pppitm (sorry, intec).

Anduril
21-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Does anyone know how many scholarships are offered for those applying for biotech?

I recently found out from a JPA scholar that biochemistry is under biotech in his year. I don't know why this year it is under science and technology. :?

chwk87
21-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Does jpa give out the scholarships according 2 school? I heard that the students coming from outskirt will hav advantages.Is it true?Please correct me if i am wrong.

lolilo
21-03-2005, 12:08 PM
i would say the majority of non-bumis (note: 'majority', not 'all') will have developed certain (mostly negative) preconceptions about bumis after 5 years of secondary school because they don't get to see extremely capable bumis who are typically whisked off to mrsms and the like

you bet

eons
21-03-2005, 12:37 PM
helo everybody,

Just called the jpa hotline and according to the lady, it is okay if u use pen to sign your form. As long as the shading part was done with 2b pencil. anyway thanks evryone who consoled and advised me, really appreciate it. I hope that the jpa lady is right........... if not then...... :cry: :cry:

michellelee
21-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Hey all. This is my first post here. I have a few queries. (this matter might had already been mentioned in the previous posts, but to go through 132 pages.............. :x )

Regarding the Jap Government Scholarship;

I am in doubts on which subject to take. But it'll most probably be Food Science or Accounting

i) I am aware that we have to go through an exam in May/June 2005. How is the examination like? I am quite sceptical about it as I doubt i would be able to perform without guidance frm books/etc.

ii) I have totally no Japanese language background. I am from a kebangsaan school and therefore i do not know Chinese too. Would it be tough to cope?

Cheers. =)

huimay
21-03-2005, 01:32 PM

hey im so sorry i really really dont mean to sound like that at all
to stereotype/discriminate others would be the last thing i will do..
i really dont mean it that way..please dont get me wrong
:cry:
sorry

huimay , mind telling us what course did Senior A,B and C apply for?

all of them applied for medic =)

i agree with you, but i can see where she's coming from. let's face it: i would say the majority of non-bumis (note: 'majority', not 'all') will have developed certain (mostly negative) preconceptions about bumis after 5 years of secondary school because they don't get to see extremely capable bumis who are typically whisked off to mrsms and the like. personally, the first time i got to mix with so many high-achieving bumis was in pppitm (sorry, intec).

hey thanx but really..
please dont get me wrong '-'
i really do not mean it that way :cry:
btw i do have many friends who are bumiputera and most of them are excellent scorers :wink:
eventho there'r not from mrsm :P

I seriously would like to advise you to look at things objectively and not make serious generalization. Making gross assumptions and stereotypes may hurt others, and it is not a good attitude for those who would be essential in the future of nation building.

thank you for the advise and i really appreciate that :wink:
but making cross assumptions and stereotypes are really the last thing i would wanna do.. :cry:
please dont get me wrong..... '-'
(but ironically i felt a lil happy to kno that you guys here are so sensible
:) )
and really thank you for your reply =)

does it mean that wearing school uniform will show less interest compared to wearing formal? *wondering* =)

Ixora
21-03-2005, 01:54 PM
is it okay if i wear baju kurung/baju kebaya to attend the JPA interview eventhough i'm bot bumi? :wink:

huimay
21-03-2005, 02:02 PM
what are the occupation of your seniors' parents?are they working in the government or private sector?

if im not mistaken none of senior's parents are goverment servent
=)

DecentMerson
21-03-2005, 02:03 PM
is it okay if i wear baju kurung/baju kebaya to attend the JPA interview eventhough i'm bot bumi? :wink:

it is ok... in fact, many, if not most girls will be wearing baju kurung on that day....

I don't agree with the wearing of school uniform as less interested in the scholarship idea... but, when will the interview be held? i mean, has Form 6 classes started by then?? last time around, my friend wore school uniform becoz he was in Form 6...

if that's not the case, i think u shld wear formally (i.e. shirt with tie, and pants, and shoes)...

Ixora
21-03-2005, 02:07 PM
but, when will the interview be held? i mean, has Form 6 classes started by then?? last time around, my friend wore school uniform becoz he was in Form 6...

i heard that form 6 will start on June this year, but the interview is on April, isn't it? correct me if i'm wrong... :?:

huimay
21-03-2005, 02:36 PM
okay thanx :)

then may i know which type of formal for female is more advisible?
-a dress (actually how a formal dress look like? :p)
-or the type of blouse and skirt that women wear to work? :roll:

thanx

Zoez
21-03-2005, 02:51 PM
i heard that form 6 will start on June this year, but the interview is on April, isn't it? correct me if i'm wrong... :?:[/quote]

fOrm 6 will staRt in May 17th...heard dAt fr my scOl's PK2...so gUyz..if u wana sTudy f6,u'll hv 1 1/2 monthz left 2 ''lepAk'',...haha...jz jOkin''... :lol:

notty_girl
21-03-2005, 05:17 PM
huimay, i dunt know d exactly dress code 4 jpa but for petronas which i went on dec, d non-bumis who didnt want to wear baju kurung they wear long skirt with blouse.
i hope it somehow can help u..

William
21-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Did Senior A score A1 in his GCE O level English while the other 2 didn't manage?

halo halo~

thank you a lot for your reply :wink:
i really appreciate it and now im not that worried anymore :D

but i have some other questions i hope you dont mind :P

=)

Based on my knowledge..

-is a PTS student

-extra activities :
skills

- a school prefect

huimay
21-03-2005, 06:30 PM
thank you notty_girl it did help
really appreciate it :wink:

all three of them got 1A for 1119
that is why im kind of curious bout how they actually choose =p
i wonder why Senior C did not get it
its like..hey she attended NS n have more 1A's and was a prefect
besides, she's a pleasant girl :roll:

LPL
21-03-2005, 08:07 PM
HI!
just wondering.... does anyone have any news regarding the Telekom Scholarship?

The online website is still DOWN, and the datelite is today, rite? :cry:

petertok
21-03-2005, 09:58 PM
As I pointed out earlier, JPA looks at the exact score, rather than number of A1.

8O JPA looks at our exact scores? U mean exact scores for spm ? Really ??? Thats a very shocking news to me.

nutz
21-03-2005, 10:20 PM
i need help urgently. i filled my jpa form with pen(wrote my details and sign with pen, darken the circles with pencil though) and after that i realised that they wrote there "use pencil while filling up the form", so i got a new form and filled it up the way they asked us to. However, the new form, is now halfway spliting into half(like what usually happens to testpad). And its a little late to get a new form now, so what should i do. Which one should i send in? Btw, while darkenin the first form i used, i did some mistakes, and i rub them off however there're still a little visible.

chenchow
21-03-2005, 10:26 PM
i need help urgently. i filled my jpa form with pen(wrote my details and sign with pen, darken the circles with pencil though) and after that i realised that they wrote there "use pencil while filling up the form", so i got a new form and filled it up the way they asked us to. However, the new form, is now halfway spliting into half(like what usually happens to testpad). And its a little late to get a new form now, so what should i do. Which one should i send in? Btw, while darkenin the first form i used, i did some mistakes, and i rub them off however there're still a little visible.

Go online and fill up an application form online. That will solve all the problems.

N-Guy
22-03-2005, 10:44 AM
is there any possiblity when a student applies for medicine and offered some other courses like BioTech or so??

My seniors stated that JPA is more keen to award student with their preferred choice...

And another thing what is the criteria used by JPA to determinate the country the student is being send to pursue his education?

I can still remember one of the country's top scorer 13 1As back in 2000 or 2001 beeing sent to Russia though he deserved a place to do medicine in UK.....man,this is confusing.....well,who deserves it ??

caramel_nut
22-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Regarding the Yayasan Telekom, quickly go to Aras 9(Utara) Menara Telekom today to request if you can still buy the form. I'm not very sure but I remember when I went there yesterday, they said yesterday was the last day to buy forms but we can hand in our forms before this Friday. Go and ask. They might still sell the forms today.

Anduril
22-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Sounds like I am missing this scholarships... :( Not in anywhere near that Telekom Tower

William
22-03-2005, 11:31 AM
What should be worn by guys during JPA interview?
Isn't it a bit weird if we dress formally? It's not a job interview....
A friend of mine who went for the interview last year said most of the interviewee dressed casually.(shirt without tie, long pants)
If we stand out from the rest by wearing blazer with long-sleeved shirt, won't we inspire showing off or over-reacting?
Please advise the right outfit for guys.

sno
22-03-2005, 12:26 PM
i've some questions to ask bout A levels

1. how come some JPA scholars take up A levels course n some don?

2. where does JPA sen its scholars to study A levels....?? can some one pls name me some of those private colleges they wen to under JPA?

3. will the JPA scholars who were sent to do A levels in private colleges be following the same classes as other A levels ppl in a particular college who have started classes in january or march? (like the second intake for ASEAN A levels scholarship have to catch up with the first intakes becoz there are no second classes for them?) or will they have another class of their own?

i know my questions are funny...... :P :lol: :lol: pls bear with me for now

thanks .......... :D

DecentMerson
22-03-2005, 03:14 PM
A friend of mine who went for the interview last year said most of the interviewee dressed casually.(shirt without tie, long pants)
If we stand out from the rest by wearing blazer with long-sleeved shirt, won't we inspire showing off or over-reacting?

can u guys pls scroll back a few pages because i'm quite tired answering the same question over and over again...

it's not a job interview... but it's still an interview...

i'm not sure how low the interview has become, but for my year, SPM 2002 batch, my friend who didn't wear formally was asked whether he wanted the scholarship or not.... if yes, pls dress formally...

oh yar.... i'm not sure whether this saying applies for interview or not, but it applies for winter.... it is better to be overdressed than underdressed... if u think that u might look to pretentious, take off ur blazer....

DecentMerson
22-03-2005, 03:18 PM
i've some questions to ask bout A levels

1. how come some JPA scholars take up A levels course n some don?

2. where does JPA sen its scholars to study A levels....?? can some one pls name me some of those private colleges they wen to under JPA?

3. will the JPA scholars who were sent to do A levels in private colleges be following the same classes as other A levels ppl in a particular college who have started classes in january or march? (like the second intake for ASEAN A levels scholarship have to catch up with the first intakes becoz there are no second classes for them?) or will they have another class of their own?

i know my questions are funny...... :P :lol: :lol: pls bear with me for now

thanks .......... :D

some countries require A-levels while others don't.... that's why some students are required to sit for A-levels while some don't.. for example, u dun need to sit for A-levels if u are going to get ur first degree at Australia, or US....

Taylor's, Sunway, KDU to name a few... INTEC, UiTM Shah Alam....

they will be in a new class.... maybe some private students might join the class.... (that's for the first intake students....) for the 2nd intakers of JPA scholarship holders, that might not be the case... but still, JPA will try to put all the 2nd intakers in a class on their own...

caramel_nut
22-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Anduril, dun give up so easily. I myself also took all the trouble to take the bus and LRT totally on my own from Subang Jaya to KL and the whole journey to and fro consumed about 4 hours. I've just came here for 2 weeks and I have to admit that I totally lost when it comes to using public transportation. Yet, I dare myself to go there becuase I know if I apply, I still stand a chance. So why give up? If I'm not wrong, the Yayasan Telekom office won't close early. See if you can still make the trip today. Go for it.

huimay
22-03-2005, 07:22 PM

haha that's a lil contradicting to what my seniors told me =p
my seniors who went for the interview last year told me that almost everyone there were dressed 'very' formally n look like they are working or something =)
i think its safer to dress formally than to dress casually. ( jz my opinion tho :P )
maybe on the notification letter ( if we are selected to attend the interview =p ) they'll point out a dress code =)

lolilo
22-03-2005, 08:13 PM
wouldn't a simple baju kurung settles everything? :D
its formal and not too overdressed.

vseehua
22-03-2005, 08:38 PM
wouldn't a simple baju kurung settles everything? :D
its formal and not too overdressed.

din post at recom fopr quite some time already...well, here'sm my opinion..

if you want to get the attention of the oficers of the review, then do dress formally, its kinda like respecting them, take it as if you are going for a job interview, and regarding the baju kurung thingy, for ladies, i agree with you, it'll settle almost everything, the other things is your performance during the interview:)

hope that helps:)

LPL
23-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi Guys......
A good news for those who havent apply the Telekom Scholarshiip,
the dateline has been extended to 25 Mac 2005.
You can go to the head office to take yr forms or......apply online.
Their server is up & running well so far.......

I have applied..... good luck !!! :D :D

Zoez
23-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Hi Guys......
A good news for those who havent apply the Telekom Scholarshiip,
the dateline has been extended to 25 Mac 2005.
You can go to the head office to take yr forms or......apply online.
Their server is up & running well so far.......

I have applied..... good luck !!! :D :D

wut's the website 4 Telekom scholarship,i've visited d site but failed...can u pls tell me d add dat straight away 2 d page?thanz a lot!!!

eons
23-03-2005, 12:06 PM
I think this is it, dunno if i'm right. this should bring u to the online application form

http://ytm.telekom.com.my/biasiswa/public/index.htm

:D :D

i was wondering whether you guys could advise me on the university ( ipta or ipts )to select for engineering. the telekom form requires the applicant to choose a u.

zqax
23-03-2005, 02:57 PM
oh man! I just realise that I had forgotten to fill in Nama Pemohan and No Siri Borang at the top lef corner of my post express for Petronas scholarship............. :(
When I phoned the hotline justnow, the line was closed... :cry:
I was so sick for doing such a stupid mistake...
Now the only thing I can do is to pray that the petronas guy won't mind...
sigh...

qy
23-03-2005, 03:14 PM
this telekom thingy, it's for those who are planning to complete their degree locally right? How about the overseas scholarship?

alamanda_star
23-03-2005, 03:59 PM
oh man! I just realise that I had forgotten to fill in Nama Pemohan and No Siri Borang at the top lef corner of my post express for Petronas scholarship............. :(
When I phoned the hotline justnow, the line was closed... :cry:
I was so sick for doing such a stupid mistake...
Now the only thing I can do is to pray that the petronas guy won't mind...
sigh...

i forgot to do that too but it was last 2 week... i had phoned them and tell them.. and the nice lady say it's ok.. they took my name but i wonder how many ppl with the same name like me could do the same mistake.. why don't they take my ic number instead of my name?

so..don't worry..

jun
23-03-2005, 04:04 PM
i'm not sure, but i think telekom does not sponsor students overseas this year.

flibbertigibbet
23-03-2005, 04:21 PM
May I know what are the courses available in Telekom Scholarship Programme?

jun
23-03-2005, 04:26 PM
actually, to apply for the telekom scholarship, i think you must first secure a place in a local(public or private) university. correct me if i'm wrong.

alamanda_star
23-03-2005, 04:50 PM
what is alpha enginering ( bio intsrumentation ) in the telekom scholarship?

Hamster
23-03-2005, 08:16 PM
I think someone has used my i.c. number to enter telekom scholacship site...i cant enter now, coz i din even know da password...when i typed "password" as i'm da 1st user...it said da password is invalid...tats mean i'm not 1st user...wad 2 do now?Can somebody help? :roll:

zqax
23-03-2005, 08:38 PM
i forgot to do that too but it was last 2 week... i had phoned them and tell them.. and the nice lady say it's ok.. they took my name but i wonder how many ppl with the same name like me could do the same mistake.. why don't they take my ic number instead of my name?

so..don't worry..

Does anyone knows how to contact Petronas besides the current Hotline?(which has been shut down)

thanks...

hercules
23-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Regarding the telekom scholarship, what does it mean number of dependent,number of working dependent and ect for our parents?

eons
23-03-2005, 08:56 PM
omg, i forgot to write my name and serial no. on my pos express envelope also. i wrote it in another envelope inside the pos express envelope. why ?? why ?? first jpa, now this. how to contact petronas ?? :( :(

timberlandd
23-03-2005, 09:11 PM
will bnm be calling u up for interview?

lolilo
24-03-2005, 08:21 AM
will bnm be calling u up for interview?

if the protocols have not been changed,i guess its a yes

Centurion
24-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Where does BNM send the scholars to?

huimay
24-03-2005, 11:05 AM
crap i forgotten to write it in the top left for the petronas too~
must i contact petronas to giv my name too? :P

debbie
24-03-2005, 11:16 AM
I think someone has used my i.c. number to enter telekom scholacship site...i cant enter now, coz i din even know da password...when i typed "password" as i'm da 1st user...it said da password is invalid...tats mean i'm not 1st user...wad 2 do now?Can somebody help? :roll:

Not tht some one used your ic number but it means tht you've already signed up as a user so stop trying to sign in as a new user again. You're doing tht without knowing( I did tht at first for JPA sch and even called up to find out wht was wrong. Imagine my embarassment!!) Now, you've to just log in and go do whtever you want. It's stated tht some one used the ic number cos you've used tht number to log in as a new user. I'm sorry if I dont make sense. *sniffles* I'm having a cold.

Zoez
24-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Does anyone noes bout d sinchew scholarships..??i've went thru d site but cant find any field related 2 d scholarshipz...anyone noes pls yell me..thanz a lot...d closing date'll b 28th Mac...thanz a lot guyz...!!!

smallboy
24-03-2005, 12:02 PM
i have 1 qurstion about Cutoff Points for IPTA applications

if i have CPTA of 3.20 n the max cutoff points for the chosen course is 3.00, is it possible i wont be able to get that course?

Hamster
24-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Debbie......i dun think u noe wad i mean here......i nvr n din sign in b4 until laz nite....if u said now i just have 2 log in n do wadever i 1...... so can u b kind enof 2 tell me,wads my password 2 log in 2 do wadever i 1......help me! b4 da dateline comes.....

petertok
24-03-2005, 02:28 PM
i have 1 qurstion about Cutoff Points for IPTA applications

if i have CPTA of 3.20 n the max cutoff points for the chosen course is 3.00, is it possible i wont be able to get that course?

I believe there's a special thread for this topic...

Application to IPTA For STPM/Matriculation Students

http://www.recom.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1874&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

alamanda_star
24-03-2005, 02:56 PM
crap i forgotten to write it in the top left for the petronas too~
must i contact petronas to giv my name too? :P

they just take my name without asking the spelling or my dad name or my ic number or whatever...

i think they just wanna record who had been calling them..... i guess...

Salvation
24-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Hmm...just received a call from Securities Commission for an interview.(anyone else here?) Any advice other than get to know SC and its role in Malaysia better? I am abit nervous :)

nutz
24-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Hmm...just received a call from Securities Commission for an interview.(anyone else here?) Any advice other than get to know SC and its role in Malaysia better? I am abit nervous :)

when did u submit your SC application form and did u submit online or send in the form??

Salvation
24-03-2005, 04:49 PM
erm, i submitted it online.

nutz
24-03-2005, 06:18 PM
erm, i submitted it online.

when did u submit ur application and when will the interview be?? sorry for askin so many question but i'm curious

timberlandd
24-03-2005, 07:30 PM
what's Securities Commission offering? oversea program? how come i've never heard about it before

Anduril
24-03-2005, 08:28 PM
:( Why no one informs some people here about that Securities Commission Scholarship?

Anduril
24-03-2005, 08:39 PM
what's Securities Commission offering? oversea program? how come i've never heard about it before

I think it is all here: www.sc.com.my/eng/html/organisation/scholarship2005.html

A little bit useless though... deadline: 22 March 2005. :cry:

flibbertigibbet
24-03-2005, 08:45 PM
I have just checked out the Securities Commission website and found out more about the scholarships mentioned by Salvation.

SCHOLARSHIP AWARD 2005
SECURITIES COMMISSION

Securities Commission is offering scholarships in the fields of law, economics, finance, business administration, international securities, investment and banking, accounting and Islamic securities and banking.

Sad to say, the deadline is on 22nd March 2005. That means it's too late to apply for it now.

If you still want to find out more about it, click here (http://www.sc.com.my).

I hope fellow ReComers can share here as soon as they know about some other scholarship offers.

flibbertigibbet
24-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Man, I am always late in posting my reply, or rather typing my reply.

Anduril's post sums up what I'm trying to say in the previous post.

eons
24-03-2005, 09:37 PM
anyone who sent their application form to jpa thru mail got their conformation postcard yet ?? how long did it take for the postcard to be sent back from the day you sent the form?? thanks :D :D

lolilo
24-03-2005, 09:42 PM
sent on last monday, got it today.

zchen
24-03-2005, 10:52 PM
got the jpa card telling me my application is being processed today too.

zchen
24-03-2005, 11:06 PM
has any1 applied online and got a card telling you yours is being processed?or do you receive an e mail instead?

zqax
24-03-2005, 11:42 PM

sigh....
Why is this happening?I read all those previous posts and found no one had posted anything about it......
and now, only after the deadline,we'll know.....
sorry,I'm just being a bit disappointed....
I urge everyone to post any links for anymore scholarships that are applyable...It may be too late for us now, not with our younger brother or sister,at least they will be aware of it...

thanks

flibbertigibbet
24-03-2005, 11:52 PM
has any1 applied online and got a card telling you yours is being processed?or do you receive an e mail instead?

If you apply for JPA scholarship using the online form, you will only need to print out the confirmation slip after you complete and submit the form. There will be no email or card sent to you.

chenchow
25-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Sorry for the late reply, as I was away visiting some friends at some universities.

On JPA scholarship, it is not allocated based on school, so everyone is judged from among the whole nation, so some schools could have more than 10 people getting JPA, and some schools may have noone getting at all.

On the Japanese Government scholarships, you could try and find out the information from the authority. On coping, try to use this free time to know more about Japanese, if you are serious about the scholarships.

In the past two years or so, JPA grant students based on the major that students choose, so as far as I know, if you apply for medicine and you don't get, you are not offered any. You could change the major during appeal process.

On which country, it depends on the prference, and getting 12A1 or 13A1 etc does not mean that one is the top, especially if you just get barely A1, rather than high A1, and also about the co-curricular activities and interview performance.

I think wearing formal should be more appropriate for interview, since it is a formal event.

On JPA scholars preparation program, it depends on which country the students are sent to. Like for US, they will be doing some american degree foundation program, for those to UK, it would be either A Level or International Baccalaureate, for Aus, it would be Australia Matriculation etc.

Most of the JPA scholars are sent to International Education Center (INTEC), although some may get sent to colleges, like Taylor, Sunway etc.

BNM does screen the students before calling up for interview, so not everyone would get called up for interview. The screening for Petronas, BNM etc are typically much stringent than JPA.

BNM sends mostly to UK if I am not wrong.

And on those scholarships information, I really hope that ReComers could share the information here. And to those who have missed the deadline by a little, try to submit immediately and try to call up the office. You may actually been given the chance. No harm trying.

Salvation
25-03-2005, 12:10 AM
sigh....
Why is this happening?I read all those previous posts and found no one had posted anything about it......
and now, only after the deadline,we'll know.....
sorry,I'm just being a bit disappointed....
I urge everyone to post any links for anymore scholarships that are applyable...It may be too late for us now, not with our younger brother or sister,at least they will be aware of it...

thanks
I am terribly sorry. It really didn't cross my mind that no one here mentioned about it. I actually found out quite late from another forum called Lowyat and it was in the middle of my gaming session. I quickly fill up the form and promptly continued my game. Again, I feel guilty for forgetting to post the link here. After all you guys helped me alot. :(

khor_albert
25-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Hey , everyone!! Dont give up on the SC Scholarship. You can still apply online, i guess (the form is still open, i don't know why). Give them a call as soon as possible and ask them if you can still apply (hopefully can). I am also doing that now...

Don't give up, ya!!

Website : http://www.sc.com.my/eng/html/organisation/scholarship2005.html

Phone number : 03-62048667/8669

May God bless You (bless me oso lar)....

sno
25-03-2005, 05:48 AM
erm..........this is gonna sound really stupid....

can anyone tell me more bout KUOK Foundation Bhd Undergraduate Awards 2005?

it seems like i need to ask for the details thru snail mail n the deadline is on 6 april.

it would be more helpful if some one can jus tell me bout the courses it offers and qualifications it requires.....

p/s: i did try google.... :P

hanie_star1704
25-03-2005, 09:02 AM
I really don't understand about this Japanese scholarship. :? Is it for SPM-leavers or STPM-leavers?Can somebody please tell me....Thanks!!!!!!!

Check it out: http://www.my.emb-japan.go.jp/EN/Education/2006Monbukagakusho/2006MonbSch.htm

flibbertigibbet
25-03-2005, 10:50 AM
I really don't understand about this Japanese scholarship. :? Is it for SPM-leavers or STPM-leavers?Can somebody please tell me....Thanks!!!!!!!

Check it out: http://www.my.emb-japan.go.jp/EN/Education/2006Monbukagakusho/2006MonbSch.htm

Academic Background

Applicants must have completed SPM or O?levels with at least (11) years of formal education. Those who will sit for STPM, ?A? Level, Diploma, UEC or Matriculation examination this year may also apply, provided that the results will be known by March 2006.

Yeah, this is quite confusing. Does it mean that SPM leavers can apply for it even without sitting for STPM?

chenchow
25-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Based on what have been written, i think the japanese scholarship would take students with only SPM, although those with higher qualifications are also welcome.

timberlandd
25-03-2005, 01:38 PM
does the japanese scholarship carry any bond??? and how will the interview be conducted, in groups too??? what types of essays are we suppose to write ??

pangping1510
25-03-2005, 01:45 PM
yeah...interested to, izit any interview?when wil we know the result?wat U wil we get into if we made it?how many ppl do they sponsor each yr?where are we going to do the pre-U?is the U we being admitted recognized by msia goverment?wat medium are we going to study in?haha...so many questions...hope there is someone experienced in this...

p/s:i think they accept spm,uec,stpm,alevel,matriculatiom...try click the link above... :lol:

zqax
26-03-2005, 12:09 AM
about the Japanese scholarship, do we need to fill in the form in computer then print it our and submit
or
print it out and fill it with pen then submit?

kiddo
26-03-2005, 01:04 AM
what is the proper attire for attending the scholarship interviews? osrry for being so blunt.. jz the way i am :)

chenchow
26-03-2005, 01:06 AM
This is copied from a redundant thread. Please continue discussion here.

Can we actually change the major in the JPA application? I was actually opting for medicine, but after careful thought, I want to do either engineering or actuarial science? Unfortunately the application for JPA is over. What should I do?

mediator
26-03-2005, 01:22 AM
hye guys...i'm very new here,just joined yesterday.i want to ask about the interview....somebody said it's ok as long as you can speak english fluently.that's actually my biggest concern.you see...i'm not really fluent,i easily stammer when asked on the spot :oops: .btw,i'm malay.i can understand lilet's comment about standing a higher chance if ur group members are bumis,while it's not very polite to say so...she's kinda right.back to the interview....do you know anyone who's not fluent in english actually winning scholarship?i'm very nervous :( ..is there any suggestion?

chenchow
26-03-2005, 01:36 AM
On proper attire for interview, it has been mentioned a number times in this thread. Formal wear would be ideal, or traditional costume. For guys, long sleeve with tie, ideally with a coat/blazzer. For girls, baju kebaya/kurung would be good, or else formal wear.

Centurion, on the changing of major, you can raise it during the interview, especially if the briefing before the interview encourages students to change to a certain program. Often, they would do that, if a certain program has too few applicants.

mediator, welcome to ReCom~! I would say that you, as well as fellow ReComers has about 3-4 weeks to prepare. I would say that fluency is an essential part, but I would rate the more essential aspect to be the quality of arguments/points that you give, as well as how you perform through your listening skills, leadership abilities, analytical skills etc. We have a thread discussing about JPA interview, so check that out.

On SEC scholarship, for those who want to try, do try. Albert Khor told me that he has gotten a call up for interview, even though he submitted last night. So, give it a good try.

DecentMerson
26-03-2005, 03:32 AM
hye guys...i'm very new here,just joined yesterday.i want to ask about the interview....somebody said it's ok as long as you can speak english fluently.that's actually my biggest concern.you see...i'm not really fluent,i easily stammer when asked on the spot :oops: .btw,i'm malay.i can understand lilet's comment about standing a higher chance if ur group members are bumis,while it's not very polite to say so...she's kinda right.back to the interview....do you know anyone who's not fluent in english actually winning scholarship?i'm very nervous :( ..is there any suggestion?

i'm not sure about this year.... but to tell u the truth, for my batch, several bumi's with straight A1 (and even some with a few A2) which have problem conversing in English got the scholarship... well, even some non bumi's who are not really fluent in English but with straight A1 got awarded the scholarship...

so, who can tell... it's JPA after all... their system is ...

Patrick
26-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Just wondering, will the interviewers ask the students questions specifically about their course?

Let's say for medical students, will they ask questions about medical terms to just check out their interest and knowledge?

DecentMerson
26-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Just wondering, will the interviewers ask the students questions specifically about their course?

Let's say for medical students, will they ask questions about medical terms to just check out their interest and knowledge?

As far as i know, JPA interviewers don't... but they might ask u such questions out of the blue (as warming up question).... and tell u wat, if u are really into the course u are picking, all the answer to those course related questions shld be available at ur fingertips...

u shld be thankful to be asked such question becoz it will be a golden opportunity to show ur utmost interest...

dramaticnut
26-03-2005, 02:34 PM
i'm not sure, but i think telekom does not sponsor students overseas this year.

Two of my friends got the offer to go overseas by telekom using their trials results..and they are currently doing their prep.

chenchow
26-03-2005, 02:38 PM

Generally, they will concentrate on the topic discussed, but you should be comfortable to showcase your knowledge about the field that you are applying, after all, you can impress them if you know a great deal about the field, and your chances would be affected if you show that you know very little about the field that you claim you have a lot of passion in.

worthy
26-03-2005, 07:56 PM
anyone who have won themselves with a jpa scholarship for medicine plz help me out by telling me what are the frequently asked question by the interviewers during the interview...plz tell me what should i be expecting ,the kind of people who will be interviewing me,favourite topics and etc.truly appreciate your help.

chanyc3
26-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Anyone here who is a bnm scholar or has gone for the bnm interview, can u pls help me out with d following questions bcos i hav been called up for d interview next wed n i feel very scared n nervous (i heard dat d interview isn't easy :? )

1. Is it ok if i wear a knee-length dress or a collar shirt with long
pants as i don hav any long dress or baju kurung/kebaya
2. Exactly how is the interview conducted
3. Wht r d faq's
4. Is thr a bond attached to d scholarship
5. Shd i bring my spm trial result n pmr result (i know dat this
question's a bit silly, but still...)

Patrick
26-03-2005, 08:43 PM
OMG OMG, you've got an interview?

Sad........cuz i was hoping for it too =.=

Does this mean the end of my chances of getting a BNM scholarship?
:(

Anyway, i personally think that a collar shirt (designed for formal wear, not those polo collar shirts >.<) and long pants would be more appropriate.

I guess for most scholarships, there is a bond attached to it. You see, BNM offers only business and financial courses, so, there is a fat chance that you will find yourself working in BNM after you've completed your course.

And, I think you should bring your SPM Trial Results and PMR Results, and also your Form 4 and Form 5 examination results. You know, just in case. If you have been very consistent in Form 4 and Form 5, with an average score of 85% ++, I must say, the interviewers should be impressed. Such consistency is good, and boosts your chances of getting the scholarship. However, i still do not know whether they'll look at it or not.

Anduril
26-03-2005, 09:37 PM
I so hope I get called up. But sadly.. :(

Anyway, chanyc3, I also think that you should bring along all the certificates for those activities/competitions you had sent in when filling the BNM forms.

Good luck!

chenchow
26-03-2005, 10:45 PM
For BNM, they do not call up all students that apply, so they self-select first, and they have very limited scholarships. So, if you haven't gotten the call-up for interview, no harm call up BNM to ask.

For BNM, the bond is 2 years for every year of studies. And for BNM, results are not their main concern, especially after you get into the interview stage. They look for qualities that they want. Really familiarize yourself with everything in BNM website, as well as all the relevant issues.

For JPA questions, they won't split you up into groups. So, in a group of students being interviewed, you would actually have students across all majors.

zqax
26-03-2005, 10:45 PM
hi
How does BNM call us up for interview?By phone or eMail?
Well, i haven't receive any mail or phone yet.......which...means....
sigh....
Can we appeal if we have not been called up for interview?

Anonymous87
26-03-2005, 11:09 PM
It's by phone call. I received it last thursday.
Will bnm issue a letter 2 the shortlisted candidate? I can't really believe it if it's merely a phone call. What if it's a hoax? :twisted:
Btw, i'm now really anxious n nervous since i've no idea how the interview is going 2 b conducted. Hope someone out there can help. Thanks a lot.

FedEx
26-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Hi everybody.

I m a freshie here. I happened 2 came across this website n am impressed with the topics that r discussed here. Congrats 2 all who hv made this forum so resourceful.

Actually...this question has been asked. But, just wanna reconfirm.
Will the application 4 the Petronas Scholarship be rejected if we did not write our name n serial no. at the top left corner of our envelope? Well....i m so ashamed of myself 4 being so careless....

Thanks.

Salvation
26-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Congratulations to those who get called up for BNM interview.
I think it would be wise to know about the subject you choose well.

pandaboy
27-03-2005, 12:05 AM
This is from a redundant thread. Please continue discussion here.

yeah, that is my question...

some ppl study abroad using that method.

Any of you know whether pharmaceutical companies like diethlem offers sponsorships?

I think you have to write letters to them asking for sponsorship...
Not going to be easy though....I havent tried that before.

Patrick
27-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Is it true that those who didn't get called up are the ones not chosen for the BNM interview?

Or, are they splitting the students into a few groups to ease and make the interviewing process more systematic?

*Still keeping my fingers crossed* :(

chenchow
27-03-2005, 12:12 AM
I seriously don't think Petronas would reject a top-notch candidate due to the little technical details, however, if you are a border-line case, it may affect you a little negatively.

For BNM, if you don't get their phone call, call them up. It won't be a hoax. We shouldn't always think too negatively. BNM do have a very stringent selection in terms of number of people they call up, and they would have more than one round of interview.

Lils88
27-03-2005, 11:35 AM
I've been observing u guys forums but still abit confused. Its so long!!! cudnt u guys delete d old ones??? Um.. Im hoping 2 get some info on scholarships 2 uk. Can sum1 clue me in? :lol:

lolilo
27-03-2005, 11:51 AM
I've been observing u guys forums but still abit confused. Its so long!!! cudnt u guys delete d old ones??? Um.. Im hoping 2 get some info on scholarships 2 uk. Can sum1 clue me in? :lol:

nah, dont delete the old ones, its useful.i have been referring to them now and then. You could probably flip through.UK huh?google la.

jun
27-03-2005, 01:43 PM
does anyone know the phone number of bank negara scholarship branch?

Agnes
27-03-2005, 10:11 PM

Wow, congratulation for those who get BN sholarship interviews....good luck you guys...

anyway....I am quite concern about this..... Well, the JPA form only requirer us to submit 10 of our best subjects....so, if i do not put in my moral subject 's result in it..will that affect anything??? :roll:

What kind of documents do we need to take to the JPA's interview, besides all those certified co-curriculum certs?

Thanks.

HardCoreX
27-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi everybody here,
I am new member here, and keen to study in Japan but cost of living in Japan is high for me. So I will have to try every scholarship that related with Japan. For your information, I have failed to win JPA, Petronas, and ASEAN. I just can manage to pass the preliminary round and now studying as Upper six student.

Regarding Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho:MEXT) Scholarships for the academic year 2005/2006, I have some enquiry about it.
1. Is there any advantage to upper six student now like me who applying for this scholarship year 2006 as the application for year 2005 is closed? I mean for the selection test ( chemistry, Math B, physics/biology and english) because from the application form , it stated minimum requirements is SPM if i not mistaken.

2. What are the chances of getting this scholarship? As I know for so many years, only 3~10 applicants will be chosen at the final stage for undergraduate programme, is that true?

3.I may have no time to read the whole forum as there maybe some strategy and guidelines for this scholarship.I hope there are Monbukagakusho scholars/ex-scholars here to help me or give some tips to me.

4. What is "Look East Policy" programme? What does it do and how does it help student to go to Japan? Is there scholarship for this programme and how does it work ?

Thanks.

chenchow
27-03-2005, 10:55 PM
On JPA, they should be able to track your grades, even if you do not fill that in, but in the future, you should fill up the results of the required pre-requisite.

JPA would write a letter to tell you what to bring, but I think your certified certs, original certs, certified parents pay slip, school leaving cert etc.

I think that if you have STPM, you should have some advantage over the SPM students. I think they sponsor at most 10 people or so. Most scholarships are sponsoring that number of people. Look East Policy is basically a government policy for Malaysians to learn from Japan and Korea. So, that would be part of the JPA scholarship to Japan and Korea, this scholarship and many other initiatives.

FedEx
28-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Thanks..

About d BNM scholarship, i heard some of u guys/gals have got d interview. I wonder how will they select the candidates. Will students whose parents r working in BNM stand a higher chance? Btw...how many ppl hv got it already??

I also applied, but still, no news....

28-03-2005, 10:35 AM
:( i found out about SC a bit too late thus i cant apply 4 the scholarship anymore. So far i've applied for jpa/mara , petronas,upu. i didnt manage to apply 4 bnm .

so anyone out there who can help me( and other spm leavers as well)
on how to get scholarships.( study UK n US) ...PLZ PLZ PLZ...

i just stumbled upon ReCom and i've checked out old replies as well as new ones.. 8O but it gets quite confusing....
:?

zqax
28-03-2005, 02:03 PM
hi,
I need some help filling in the Japanese Scholarship form...
I should I write about the "Present Status with the name of the school attended"?I know my school name, but what is "present status" means?Should I write "graduated".

2)In the Education Background ,It requires us to fill in the Major Subject from UPSR to SPM.We didn't have any particular ""majar subject" right?Then what should I fill in?

thanks

Angelia
28-03-2005, 03:01 PM
zqax,
i had filled up the form and i just written "Form Five Leaver" for the Present Status.Regarding the Major Subject for UPSR to SPM, I mentioned all the subjects except EST and Moral Education for the SPM.

HappyCat
28-03-2005, 04:14 PM
does anyone know the phone number of bank negara scholarship branch?

Head Office

Bank Negara Malaysia
Jalan Dato' Onn
P.O. Box 10922
50929 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-2698-8044
Fax: 603-2691-2990

Branch Offices

Bank Negara Malaysia Pulau Pinang
Jalan Corner Light
10200 Pulau Pinang
Tel: 604-262-7125

Bank Negara Malaysia Johor Bahru
Jalan Bukit Timbalan
80000 Johor Bahru
Johor Darul Takzim
Tel: 607-224-0799

Bank Negara Malaysia Kota Kinabalu
Jalan Datuk Chang Thain Vun
88000 Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
Tel: 6088-211-211

Bank Negara Malaysia Kuala Terengganu
Jalan Sultan Mohamad
21100 Kuala Terengganu
Terengganu Darul Iman
Tel: 609-622-0571

Bank Negara Malaysia Kuching
Jalan Satok
93000 Kuching
Sarawak
Tel: 6082-252-311

Shah Alam Currency Processing & Distribution Centre
Persiaran Tasek
40000 Shah Alam
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 603-5512-5746

u may call the no. n check it out.
corret me if i'm wrong... :wink:

HappyCat
28-03-2005, 04:29 PM
erm, may i ask a question? :roll:
how we noe we'r success/failed 2 attende an interview?
4 example, like BNM, they called up those who chosen 2 attend the interview by phone.
how about JPA, IPTA, PETRONAS, TNB, etc...
by email? letter? phone? or we check ourselves? :(

mediator
28-03-2005, 07:45 PM
HappyCat,if i'm not mistaken,for JPA and PETRONAS..u'll be called if u're chosen for the interview.anyway,it's very essential that you call them urself to check whether or not ur name is shortlisted (if you don't receive any call).for IPTA,i don't think there's any interview :wink: unless you choose courses such as arts etc...you'll simply receive an offer letter,it's usually big and thick coz there're lots of other related documents/forms.since i don't know about TNB,i'll leave that to others to answer.Correct me if i'm wrong,guys.

HardCoreX
28-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Last year, I didn't get a chance to be interviewed for JPA after checking with the application status. I chose US as my first choice and Germany as second choice in Engineering....it's like impossible ...lol ... so I just might as well choose to study form 6 without considering other higher potential chances in other countries.

On JPA, they should be able to track your grades, even if you do not fill that in, but in the future, you should fill up the results of the required pre-requisite.
Look East Policy is basically a government policy for Malaysians to learn from Japan and Korea. So, that would be part of the JPA scholarship to Japan and Korea, this scholarship and many other initiatives.
SO As a STPM student ,do I still stand a chance to reapply for JPA scholarship 2006 for Look East Policy programme though previously I didn't tick on Look East program on the application form last year?

miu2
29-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Happycat, thanks for posting all the phone numbers of BNM. But I tried calling the HQ many times and nobody picks up the phone!!!
Anybody else tried calling BNM? Anyone successfully got through?

chenchow
29-03-2005, 11:38 AM
On BNM, I believe they do give a little higher chance for those with parents working with BNM, but the number of people working with BNM are quite few I believe. It does not have a huge workforce. The number of scholarships are 15-25, as a fellow ReComer Bank Negara Scholar has pointed out.

You would get call-up for interview either by phone, or checking online. I believe JPA interview information could be checked online by logging in using the login name and password for those who applied online. For those who applied traditionally, I believe they would give you a call and send you a letter. To those who are not being called up, they would sent you a letter too, or you found out by logging in online. You can call in to check too, but the phone would be engaged, as too many people would be calling.

I think JPA scholarships are only for SPM students.

miu2, what time you call BNM? May be you call during their rest time. Try calling a few more times.

hercules
29-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Last year, I didn't get a chance to be interviewed for JPA after checking with the application status. I chose US as my first choice and Germany as second choice in Engineering....it's like impossible ...lol ... so I just might as well choose to study form 6 without considering other higher potential chances in other countries.

Look East Policy is basically a government policy for Malaysians to learn from Japan and Korea. So, that would be part of the JPA scholarship to Japan and Korea, this scholarship and many other initiatives.
SO As a STPM student ,do I still stand a chance to reapply for JPA scholarship 2006 for Look East Policy programme though previously I didn't tick on Look East program on the application form last year?

how was your results?(including 1119)

jun
29-03-2005, 12:38 PM
i tried calling BNM about 3.00 p.m. nobody picked up the phone too.

has anybody recieved an e-mail by petronas to confirm that they recieved your application? some of my friends recieved by i didn't.

does this mean they did not get my application? what should i do??
help, please!

lolilo
29-03-2005, 12:55 PM
has anybody recieved an e-mail by petronas to confirm that they recieved your application? some of my friends recieved by i didn't.

help, please!

i applied via internet and i received a confirmed email that stated they have received my application almost instantly after i submitted.i dunno whether there is another email.

jun
29-03-2005, 01:03 PM
i filled up the form by internet but it said to print the application form and send by post. isn't that the way?

flibbertigibbet
29-03-2005, 01:10 PM

help, please!

i applied via internet and i received a confirmed email that stated they have received my application almost instantly after i submitted.i dunno whether there is another email.

I don't think I received any confirmation email also.

29-03-2005, 01:15 PM
has anyone gotten any phone calls or emails or letters from petronas and jpa about the interviews? how do one know if the application is rejected or processed? :( :cry:

jun
29-03-2005, 01:19 PM
flibbertigibbet, you think we should call them up and find out??

hope they are not like BNM( never answer the phone).

flibbertigibbet
29-03-2005, 01:21 PM
flibbertigibbet, you think we should call them up and find out??

hope they are not like BNM( never answer the phone).

Yeah. I think we should. There's no harm trying.

Patrick
29-03-2005, 01:59 PM
I did get a confirmation e-mail regarding my scholarship application for Petronas.

Aren't we supposed to do this for Petronas?

1. Fill up the online form
2. Print the form out
3. Get the form certified
4. Photocopy another 2 copies of the certified form.
5. Send the original form with a RM20 postal order, and a certified SPM results slip.

HappyCat
29-03-2005, 02:14 PM

help, please!

mine also, didn't received any e-mail from petronas...
my others friends too...didn't receive...

am i hv 2 call n ask about the petronas scholarship? :(

jun
29-03-2005, 02:16 PM
patrick, i did just that! yet, i did not get any conformation slip or email.

N-Guy
29-03-2005, 02:44 PM
This is quite strange.....how come some of you received an confirmation e-mail??well,JPA in other hand should be sending the card(found on the last page of the application by now....Hmm...quite scary...

alamanda_star
29-03-2005, 02:48 PM
i think after we'dsubmited it online, they sent us an e-mail which sound like this:

Terima kasih kerana memohon untuk menyertai program pendidikan yang ditawarkan oleh Kumpulan Pendidikan PETRONAS.

Permohonan saudara/saudari akan diproses oleh Jawatankuasa Pemilihan selepas tarikh tutup permohonan.

Sila simpan pengenalan diri berikut untuk merujuk kembali permohonan saudara/saudari sebelum tarikh tutup permohonan

but one question. after we post the form that we'd printed out, did they send an email or letter said that they had recieve our application via post?

timberlandd
29-03-2005, 02:50 PM
they did not ask us for our email adress, right? if they don't know our e-mail , how do they send us the mail

HappyCat
29-03-2005, 03:14 PM
"Permohonan saudara/saudari akan diproses oleh Jawatankuasa Pemilihan selepas tarikh tutup permohonan. "

is this mean they will process our form start 27 March, right?
then, how come some of you receive their comformation?

serene
29-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Hallo everyone at Recom... This is my first time posting here :D

Erm did any of you were shortlisted for the Star Education Fund interview? Or might have attended such interviews b4? What are the questions they will most probably ask? Do i have to shake their hands or introduce myself to the interviewers b4 sitting down?

I really hope someone can help me abt this....
My interview is 2moro and i'm kinda nervous here.:cry:

Abt the Petronas scholarship.. i also received the email immediately after printing the form.

qy
29-03-2005, 03:28 PM
erm, is there any way to confirm with jpa after we send our online application? And by the way, i also sent through the conventional way, on 25th march itself. A last minute measure actually, so will it be accepted? I sent by pos express, that means the post mark is dated 25th march. The dateline is 25th march, and i think my application through post wasn't processed as i haven't received the card (at the back of the form which says your application is being processed) until now. How can i confirm this?

qy
29-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Oh yeah, by the way, i managed to call bnm headquarters. I called a few days ago (sorry i can't remember exactly when). I got the number by dialling 103 (telekom operator). Then when the call was connected, i asked to be connected to the scholarship division. Unfortunately, i wasn't successful. I'm not sure what their criteria is as one one my friends who got excatly the same results as mine got called up for interview. I don't think it's because of co-curriculum activities as both of us are equally active. My guess is that the course i chose-actuarial science is too competitive. Got to accept the fact that i'm not good enough. Sigh.

By the way, is there anyone here who chose actuarial science for bnm and got accepted?

alamanda_star
29-03-2005, 03:37 PM
they did not ask us for our email adress, right? if they don't know our e-mail , how do they send us the mail

if i'm not mistaken , they did ask our email add......

jun
29-03-2005, 03:38 PM
i tried phoning petronas to ask wether they received my application but the hotline is closed. is there a alternative phone line for petronas(bahagian biasiswa)?

also, howcome some get a conformation email and some don't?

petertok
29-03-2005, 03:39 PM
i received a confirmation email from petronas too... instantly after i first filled in the form ... but i went to edit it a few times and no further emails was sent to me confirming that my finalised application-either online or conventionally , was received and being processed or not.

HappyCat
29-03-2005, 03:40 PM
erm, is there any way to confirm with jpa after we send our online application? And by the way, i also sent through the conventional way, on 25th march itself. A last minute measure actually, so will it be accepted? I sent by pos express, that means the post mark is dated 25th march. The dateline is 25th march, and i think my application through post wasn't processed as i haven't received the card (at the back of the form which says your application is being processed) until now. How can i confirm this?

i think its no problem. :wink: if you are worry about it, why not give a call and ask them? no harm to do it... 8)
some of my friends haven't received the card too, but i remember that they will sent the cards to us in 10 days, right? :)
so, don't so nervous, wait the card patiently... :D

petertok
29-03-2005, 03:42 PM

if i'm not mistaken , they did ask our email add......

yes , i think they did.

qy
29-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Really? Ten days. Phew. That's quite a relief. Thanks. :D

petertok
29-03-2005, 03:45 PM

i think its no problem. :wink: if you are worry about it, why not give a call and ask them? no harm to do it... 8)
some of my friends haven't received the card too, but i remember that they will sent the cards to us in 10 days, right? :)
so, don't so nervous, wait the card patiently... :D

i sent the conventional form on 18th and havent receive the card yet. A few of my friends sent it earlier and got back the card. But there are some who are also yet to receive the card yet.. But as long as we have the Poslaju slip , there's nothing to be worried about.. I think chenchow said something like we can appeal using the poslaju slip and will be granted a special interview in putrajaya...

mediator
29-03-2005, 08:29 PM
in my case,for petronas i did receive an e-mail confirming that they are processing my application,like somebody said,almost instantly after i filled up the form .and i received a small white card from jpa confirming that they've received my application form.i think this white card was in the form,since the address was (i'm quite sure)written in my mum's handwriting..

29-03-2005, 09:03 PM

help, please!

about the email.. i received it. i think you should call petrnas. definitely should call.

hercules
29-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Hallo everyone at Recom... This is my first time posting here :D

Erm did any of you were shortlisted for the Star Education Fund interview? Or might have attended such interviews b4? What are the questions they will most probably ask? Do i have to shake their hands or introduce myself to the interviewers b4 sitting down?

I really hope someone can help me abt this....
My interview is 2moro and i'm kinda nervous here.:cry:

Abt the Petronas scholarship.. i also received the email immediately after printing the form.

i also applied but no news,looks like i failed.

What course did you apply? what were you results(SPM)?

eons
29-03-2005, 11:23 PM
i think an e mail is automatically send to you as soon as you click saya setuju on the online form, but the question now is did anyone received the e mail conforming petronas has your real printed form, the one you send with the post money? and i sent the jpa form on the 17th but until today i still did not get my conformation post card.... :( :( . just checking , the pos laju slip is the yellow thing right??

Patrick
29-03-2005, 11:32 PM
I've been calling BNM for like forever and the lines are always engaged...

Those who got through...what's their phone number? (Scholarships Division)

nutz
30-03-2005, 12:37 AM
juz wondering anyone here who went for the SC interview got thru and will be going for one of their test next week?? Wouldn't it be too late to call BNM now since the interview will be held tomoro? Anyone who sent in their JPA application from thru mail on the 22nd March have receive their confirmation slip??

chenchow
30-03-2005, 01:48 AM
If you don't get confirmation email for Petronas, call them up. I think the email is just to say that they have received your form.

If you didn't hear back from SC or BNM for interview, call them up.

JPA interview would be at the earliest 3rd week of April, and they would inform you a few days before the interview, so don't worry about it now yet.

For JPA, as long as you have the confirmation page printed after you submit (with your name and IC number), that is the confirmation that they received your form already.
If you sent by pos, the slip that you sent via Poslaju or Pos Express will be sufficient. If you have either of this proof, and if JPA says that your form is not received, a special interview at JPA office at Putrajaya will be in store for you, and from past experience, quite a number of people got in through that interview, since it would be interview by very high-rank officers of JPA. However, if you perform badly over that interview, your chance will be very low.

Remember that it would need a few days to process, especially those that sent in the form at the last minute. They are not dealing with 10 applicants, but more than 10,000 applicants. Most applicants would submit during the last few days.

The confirmation email/card from JPA/Petronas is just to confirm receiving your form. It is not an indication of whether you are successful or not.

liverpoolrockz
30-03-2005, 02:19 AM
juz wondering anyone here who went for the SC interview got thru and will be going for one of their test next week?? Wouldn't it be too late to call BNM now since the interview will be held tomoro? Anyone who sent in their JPA application from thru mail on the 22nd March have receive their confirmation slip??

helloo everybody!!dis is my 1st post alhtough i've been to this site for quite a while now..erm juz curious ..how do u know tat they will have another test next week???

doiwl
30-03-2005, 03:29 AM

help, please!

The petronas scholarship email got filtered into my Junk mail folder (I am using Hotmail)

juz wondering anyone here who went for the SC interview got thru and will be going for one of their test next week??
One of my friends got thru.

HappyCat
30-03-2005, 08:55 AM
i had ask my senior who study in PETRONAS yesterday, she said:
"check on the website where you apply and log in, there will be a some sort of letter that tell you whether you are accepted to in terview or not..."

HappyCat
30-03-2005, 09:03 AM
i think an e mail is automatically send to you as soon as you click saya setuju on the online form, but the question now is did anyone received the e mail conforming petronas has your real printed form, the one you send with the post money?

i found this in PETRONAS website:

PETRONAS Education Group 2004 Intake

ANNOUNCEMENT
SPM 2004 Selection Exercise
Saudara/Saudari,
Permohonan kemasukan ke program UTP dan luar negara berdasarkan keputusan SPM 2004 sedang dijalankan. Permohonan boleh dibuat secara online di http://esuonline.petronas.com.my. Hanya calon-calon yang berjaya untuk menghadiri EduCamp 2005 sahaja yang akan dihubungi oleh pihak Sekretariat.
Untuk sebarang pertanyaan, sila hubungi talian 03-2051 2277 (Isnin - Jumaat dari 8.00 pagi hingga 5.00 petang).

Sekian, harap maklum dan terima kasih.

Sekretariat
Jawatankuasa Pemilihan dan Penganjuran
Bahagian Pendidikan
PETRONAS

Dear Students,
Kindly be informed that the application for UTP and overseas programme, based on SPM 2004 is opened. Application can be done online at http://esuonline.petronas.com.my. Only those who are successful to attend the EduCamp 2005 will be notified by the Secretariat.
For any queries, please call our hotline at 03-2331 2277 (Monday to Friday from 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m).

Thank you.

Secretariat
Selection and Sponsorship Committee
Education Division
PETRONAS

Through the Education Group, PETRONAS provides continuous learning and development for young people aspiring to enter into the challenging world of work in the oil, gas and other related industries.

Our four education units - the Education Sponsorship Unit (ESU), Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP), Akademi Laut Malaysia (ALAM) and Institut Teknologi Petroleum PETRONAS (INSTEP), offer a variety of technical and professional programmes to prepare you in meeting those challenges.

Education Sponsorship Unit (ESU)
Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP)
Akademi Laut Malaysia (ALAM)

Copyright 2000-2005 PETRONAS Legal Notice

hope this help... :P

HappyCat
30-03-2005, 09:14 AM
some more:

PENGUMUMAN CALON-CALON YANG DISENARAI-PENDEK

Hanya pemohon yang berjaya akan dihubungi. Pengumuman bagi pemohon yang disenarai-pendek bagi mengikuti Program "Educamp" dan Sesi Penilaian / Temuduga PETRONAS akan diumumkan secara "Online" dan tarikhnya akan diberitahu kelak. Sila layari web ini dari semasa ke semasa bagi mendapatkan maklumat tentang status permohonan. Keputusan pemilihan adalah muktamad dan segala surat-menyurat tidak akan dilayan.

so, i think it is impossible for those who receive conformation e-mail from PETRONAS... :roll:
good luck to all and me... :wink: :D

Patrick
30-03-2005, 10:39 AM
what do you mean impossible for those who got the confirmation e-mail?

William
30-03-2005, 11:16 AM

HappyCat
30-03-2005, 01:12 PM
what do you mean impossible for those who got the confirmation e-mail?

erm...in my opinion, i think may be the confirmation e-mail they received were the e-mail received after they had done the on-line application, i had receive one too, but was this mean the PETRONAS received our form? :roll:

:arrow: they said: "Hanya calon-calon yang berjaya untuk menghadiri EduCamp 2005 sahaja yang akan dihubungi oleh pihak Sekretariat."

i do not know whether i'm right or wrong...
forgive me if i'm wrong...and please corret it... :wink: :oops:

Patrick
30-03-2005, 01:35 PM
yes, i think the e-mail is a confirmation sign that they've received our application. I dont think those who receive this e-mail are not successful.

Anyway, my BNM Scholarship......sob sob sob :(

FedEx
30-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Has anyone receive the white postcard or reply from Telekom yet? I mean those who filled on the form and send by mail will receive it if the form reaches Telekom. Just like JPA i guess.

Anyone?

Btw, is it true that The Star Scholarship interview is out? Wat r the chances 2 get the interview if i applied for Penang Medical College? It is almost impossible i guess considering the popularity of this course.

Can anyone enlighten me by telling who had got the interview n the course selection...

Patrick
30-03-2005, 02:50 PM
I thought PMC only offers PARTIAL Scholarships...is it true?

zqax
30-03-2005, 03:46 PM
i think an e mail is automatically send to you as soon as you click saya setuju on the online form, but the question now is did anyone received the e mail conforming petronas has your real printed form, the one you send with the post money?

ANNOUNCEMENT

Can you post the URL for that Announcement?

Thanks alot...

mediator
30-03-2005, 03:49 PM
what is it with bnm scholarship,patrick?i thought those who're shortlisted went for the interview today....did you go?if you did,how was it?

Patrick
30-03-2005, 04:03 PM
I didnt get called....I called them and they said = Jika anda tidak dihubungi maka anda tidak berjaya

qy
30-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Regarding the jpa scholarship, i sent my application (through pos ekspres) on 25th march. I got the white confirmation card today.

Agnes
30-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Well, i have friends who send their jpa forms on thursday(17-3-05) yet they have not receive their white card yet till now....kind of worry for them. :(
I have recieve my card though....

vseehua
30-03-2005, 10:21 PM
don worry, if jps did send the confirmation letter, they'll get sooner or later, that happened to me and my friends when we applied for jpa 2 yrs ago, i got the letter late...:)

FedEx
30-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Yes...true.

PMC only offers partial scholarship. That means, we still hv 2 pay around rm 3-4 k.

Btw, any news bout RENONG Scholarship? I tried google but ntg relevant came out.

serene
31-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Hi hercules..

I went for the interview today and i found out tat they haven't process applications for other colleges yet. I applied to 6 institutions btw. So dun u worry cuz.. by far, as i noe they onli conducted interviews for FTMS , APIIT, RIMA.. 4 today. The envelopes for other colleges are not opened yet. So our chances are still there.

MY results actually are not very good... i got 6A1, 4A2 and 1B3

serene
31-03-2005, 12:57 AM
so i guess tat is an enlightment to you rit FeDex?

petertok
31-03-2005, 01:03 AM
how was your interview , serene ? how was it being carried out ? care to share? :wink:

HappyCat
31-03-2005, 09:10 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT

Can you post the URL for that Announcement?

Thanks alot...

http://www.petronas.com.my/internet/corp/centralrep2.nsf/frameset_edu?OpenFrameset

HappyCat
31-03-2005, 09:14 AM
how was your interview , serene ? how was it being carried out ? care to share? :wink:

they interview one by one or in group?

caramel_nut
31-03-2005, 09:34 AM
I have already received a letter from Telekom asking me to attend the interview held in terengganu this sunday. However, I turn down the offer because it is not the course I want.

Patrick
31-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Oh my God....you guys received your postcard already? Did you guys send the form thru snail mail or online? I sent my online application on the 15th but till now, I still have not received my confirmation postcard

yian04
31-03-2005, 10:37 AM
patrick,do u mean jpa confirmation card?if yes,same v me although i have sent the form on 18th march but still didn't get the card yet.Lots of my friends have got the card,gosh.What can i do is praying for god,sighing