PDA

View Full Version : BM - How To Study

myc04
20-03-2006, 04:59 PM
I went for tuition in Form 4 and it was good but I stopped in Form 5 due to personal reasons. So in Form 4, my teacher would make use write a lot of rumusan in a short span of time, and it worked. I could finish a rumusun faster AND better than my whole class.
But this year, can I do the same? Because it's not like my teacher marks my karangan anyway. Can I just write 10001 karangans and just let it be...just to train myself to write so that in SPM it would be a.....breeze?

I don't know, what do you think? How do YOU do well for BM? Please share. :)

bluegenie
23-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Can I just write 10001 karangans and just let it be...just to train myself to write so that in SPM it would be a.....breeze?

For karangans, I think it's all about practice, practice, practice. If practice to you means writing 10001 karangans then... go ahead. It would also help to memorise any good peribahasa. If you prefer doing keperihalan/cerpen type of essays, make sure that you use every plot device there is, like flashbacks, monologues, climaxes, similes and whatever. Me, I prefer to do keperihalan and cerpen because that's where my talent lies -- story-telling, though I'm better in BI than BM. Even though I'm really horibble at tatabahasa when writing a karangan, the teacher gave me high marks because my "jalan cerita" was "menarik". If you don't think you're good at spinning a tale, then stick to the fakta karangan.

Since you have to write two karangan, people tend to make the mistake of spending to much time on the first karangan (the one with lesser marks to be allocated) because it's the FIRST karangan that you have to answer, and leaving only about twenty minutes for the more important karangan, the second one. Usually, I try to write as quickly as possible for that one, then spend the rest of my time squeezing out my brain for the second karangan. If I find myself taking waaay too long for the bahan rangsangan karangan, I usually just leave it and start on the pilihan karangan, and then when I'm done I try to finish up the bahan rangsangan karangan as quickly as possible.

Sorry if none of that makes any sense. I usually score high for my karangan paper, and then get really low for the rumusan/tatabahsa/komsas paper because of my notorious ttbhs. Which is why I usually get B3.[/i]

pinkpau
25-03-2006, 04:12 PM
read contoh karangans and highlight the chunted phrases/openings/closings to steal .. :D

rumusan is peanuts!

read BM newspapers -- Utusan Msia is good.

nearing SPM, read 3 peribahasa's in one day. or 2. or 1. whichever. then go through the peribahasas in your head for the whole day.

buy buku latihans just to do the tatabahasa sections. very helpful and you'll be amazed at how similiar the real SPM paper turns out to be.

for komsas, it's just a lot of reading. i would recommend that you follow your komsas classes closely, but then i mugged all the stuff about 4 days before SPM and it still worked fine :)

Seiryu
25-03-2006, 05:06 PM
I would have to agree with pinkpau. My way of studying for bm is somewhat similar to hers.

crapzzz
30-03-2006, 10:17 AM
haha... u noe wad, it's kinda worried me when i get 2 noe tht i hv written the wrong content for my 1st karangan in spm2005. they wan langkah2 but i gave faktor2...... I tot the 1A will fly from my hand, fortunately God still gave it 2 me... lol......

yup, i agree tht peribahasa is important, v shud at leat put in one peribahasa in a karangan if not more....... according 2 my teacher, if v dun put them, v will lose approximately 5 marks for the first karangan automatically and 5-10 marks for the second one............ My teacher made 1 list of all the peribahasa in form 4 & 5 bm textbook, and they are more than sufficient 4 us 2 cope with SPM!!! :P

pinkpau
31-03-2006, 01:54 AM
yup, i agree tht peribahasa is important, v shud at leat put in one peribahasa in a karangan if not more....... according 2 my teacher, if v dun put them, v will lose approximately 5 marks for the first karangan automatically and 5-10 marks for the second one............ My teacher made 1 list of all the peribahasa in form 4 & 5 bm textbook, and they are more than sufficient 4 us 2 cope with SPM!!! :P
hey sure ah?! i've never heard of such a thing.

reading up your peribahasa is good for kertas 2, the tatabahasa question. not so much for kertas 1.

bluegenie
31-03-2006, 02:29 PM
well, my teacher says that you should put at least one peribahasa/ungkapan/kata-kata wisdom into a karangan so that you will be marked high for you bahasa

khiahsu
10-04-2006, 06:48 PM
yep,and learn up the all the peribahasas available in your textbooks. questions will be sourced from there.

napoloeon
23-06-2006, 05:36 PM
HI....Im new in this topic
I have come across BM spm last year and I find that its not necessary to include peribahasa in your karangan. What's dat really matter is your flow of language(This was what i heard from one of the examiner of Bm spm). He said whats the point if u can include 5 or 6 peribahasa but your language is not good?

To improve your karangan, my experience tells me that is memorize karangan as more as possible(if not try at least some good phrases). This was the way my former tuition teacher taught me. Well, it really benefits and no doubt you will find your bm improve soon.

hedonist_7890
24-06-2006, 10:04 AM
HI....Im new in this topic
I have come across BM spm last year and I find that its not necessary to include peribahasa in your karangan. What's dat really matter is your flow of language(This was what i heard from one of the examiner of Bm spm). He said whats the point if u can include 5 or 6 peribahasa but your language is not good?

To improve your karangan, my experience tells me that is memorize karangan as more as possible(if not try at least some good phrases). This was the way my former tuition teacher taught me. Well, it really benefits and no doubt you will find your bm improve soon.

I will say both peribahasa and flow of language are equally important in SPM....my teacher said that marks are given quite impressively in SPM last year so i think peribahasa is needed to give the examiners good impressions... Moreover, proper usage of peribahasa does mean that you are fluent in that language.

Innocent
08-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Most peribahasa in SPM are taken from your textbooks.
Some karangan topics are taken from your form 4 and form 5 textbooks as well. So, you can cancel all the past SPM topics and focus on the remaining ones.

When I answer the SPM karangan question, I wrote really very lengthy. 10 lines for pendahuluan and 10 lines for penutup. >15 lines for each isi, I wrote 5 isi! So, you can imagine that I wrote from the moment I got the paper till the end of the exam continually!