PDA

View Full Version : [STPM] MUET Middle 2008

q135790
21-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi everyone, i`ll have my MUET soon(on MAY). So i just wandering if you guys have any advices or tips and also school test paper to exchange..TQ :)

starlemon
22-04-2008, 10:13 AM
normally,Candidates do not pass or fail the MUET. They are classified into six bands ranging from Band 1 to band 6.here are some tips...

Familiarisation
Be familiar with the examination format - the time allocated for each section, the number of questions in each section, the types of questions, etc.

Get acquainted with the kinds of topics covered in the different sections.

Read the notes given in this book on the ways to prepare for the examination, the strategies to use when answering questions and the analysis of how candidates score in the examinations.

Preparation
Three months before the examination
Attempt the model questions for Paper 1 (Listening) and Paper 3 (Reading)

Check your answers

Practise writing the summaries and essays for Paper 4 (Writing) in Model Tests given.

Edit your summaries using the answer key as a guide.

Ask a friend who is proficient in English to read and edit your essays.

Practise the tasks in Paper 2 (Speaking) with a firend /groups of friends who are willing to work with you.

Try to adhere to the time allotted for each of the questions.

One week before the examination
Make sure you have attempted every type ofd question given in the MUET Tests.

Re-attempt the questions which you may not have performed well.

One day before the examination
Check to make sure you remember the examination format.

Read again the notes given on these strategies to use when answering questions.

Sleep early so that you are well rested on the day of the examination.

On the day of the examination
Glance through one of the Model Test papers you have attempted.

Make sure you have all the stationery that you may need - 2B pencils, sharpener, eraser, ballpoint pens (preferably black) stapler with stapler with staples and ruler.

Eat a good breakfast so that you have the energy to sit through the whole exam.

Compose yourself, be calm and try not to panic.

Good luck!:)

q135790
23-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Oh i see..

But what type of question usually come out?
Because my school teacher does do anything in our class..
That why i beg for help from you guys......

starlemon
23-04-2008, 10:02 AM
btw,which school are u from ?
u mean ur teacher doent teach u anything regarding MUET?

tansockkoon1227
23-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Actually i am going to sit this MUET exam in May as well!I know that it is too late to put in the effort now.So is there anyone can give me some tips to improve my writing skills?My MUET lecturer said my vocabulary is limitted during write the essay.So how can i enhance my vocabulary?is there any ways?

yen_05
06-05-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm taking MUET mid-year paper too. The difference is that i'm not taking it in school but in my university. By the way, i was informed that this existing MUET format will be changed. Which means for the coming end year paper, a completely new format will be introduced.

Gabrielle90
06-05-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm taking MUET mid-year paper too. The difference is that i'm not taking it in school but in my university. By the way, i was informed that this existing MUET format will be changed. Which means for the coming end year paper, a completely new format will be introduced.

do u know what's the new format???

ericjoe
06-05-2008, 06:02 PM
For those who have taken Muet speaking test, can you tell us the main topics as well as the 4 topics ? So we can prepare better for the test although the chances to get same topic is 1/8

q135790
07-05-2008, 08:33 PM
For those who have taken Muet speaking test, can you tell us the main topics as well as the 4 topics ? So we can prepare better for the test although the chances to get same topic is 1/8

What do you mean??

withoutwax
10-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Lol...Finish MUET today...din feel like doing well...arghhh...esp writing..wrote stupid stuff...

But wad really frustrate me is the listening test...deng! the CD got prob...stuck at the third part dialogue...they say the other centre also facing the same prob...asking us to leave the question blank...damn it...
________
IOLITE USAGE (http://www.vaporizers.net/)

James_Padfoot
10-05-2008, 10:42 PM
ARGH The writing paper was stupid! I deviated from the question task like mad. I should have disagreed, because it said ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE GUARANTEES A SUCCESSFUL LIFE. Omg, I think I just dropped to a Band 4.

I'm speaking on Monday, Session 1. Apparently, some spotted topics are like 'what makes a good role model' etc. Usual spotted questions la. Just be confident.

So, anyone up for a little discussion. I know it's like one day before, but any kind of practice will be good.

What would make a good role model?
Or what is the most important trait in a leader?
Or was trait must the head of the family have?

WinnieH
11-05-2008, 11:32 AM
well here are some tips i would like to share :

for listening : glance thru the questions... try to capture the key in each question. as you're listening, don't forget to simply jot down stuffs you think is important and such. it is very important to pay full attention to your listening because from my experience, they start the listening in each classes at different times, and the voices OVERLAP each other. i don't know if this happened at other schools but it happened at mine. so, DO PAY ATTENTION to the voice recording from your own class.

for writing : try to not go out of topic. in my time, many people wrote out of topic for the firearm question. most of them thought firearm means fireman and such... i don't know why they thought of that, but seriously, in my class... about 50% of them went out of topic. for the essay, i would suggest you put in more points and write longer essay. and do avoid spelling mistakes and such. it will show that you have a high command in english, and good time management.

for speaking : when they ask you to read your questions, start mapping your points in your brain instantly. then when they give you 2 minutes to think of ideas, write your points in point form. no point writing in sentences. you won't have much time for other points. and as you present your points, just construct your own sentences as your elaborate on certain point. give examples. it's very important! and MAKE EYE CONTACT. SMILE. it shows how confident you are even if you're not. don't go "emmm ... uhmmm.... ermmm...." for too long. if possible, don't do it at all. for the group discussion, make sure you look into your friend's eyes as you talk... as if you're really trying to get him understand your idea. make it convincing, even if you have to act.

for reading : well, can't help you much on this. have to depend on yourself... you gotta read the passage carefully, and thoroughly. as for me, i used to highlight the answer i found from the articles. or you could just underline it. and do make sure you've got time to recheck. it's veryyy important to recheck.

i think that's all for now~ happy muet-ing!

ten89
13-05-2008, 03:47 AM
anyone willing to share their answer for paper 1(listening) and paper 3(reading comprehension) in muet may 2008?? i just curious and wanna know the answers...
of course for those who confidence about their answer.

bubblezlott3
14-05-2008, 09:22 AM
I think I did badly for reading and writing.

Listening was alright but those sitting at the back were having problems listening because the CD was bad.

ericjoe
14-05-2008, 11:58 AM
anyone willing to share their answer for paper 1(listening) and paper 3(reading comprehension) in muet may 2008?? i just curious and wanna know the answers...
of course for those who confidence about their answer.

In my 2 cents, revealing the answer before the release of actual muet result is not a good idea. It gives unnecessary tension for those who re preparing for mid year exam...

tent
16-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Want to ask : is MUET tougher than IELTS/TOEFL?

i heard that the requirement is not very high as it is supervised and invigilated by malaysian examiner, so the accents of english doent not really taken into consideration and the standard is not very high as compared to IELTS which is highly invgilated by foreign examiners..
is that true?

pls enlighten on me..:)

ericjoe
17-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Want to ask : is MUET tougher than IELTS/TOEFL?

i heard that the requirement is not very high as it is supervised and invigilated by malaysian examiner, so the accents of english doent not really taken into consideration and the standard is not very high as compared to IELTS which is highly invgilated by foreign examiners..
is that true?

pls enlighten on me..:) it is true until now..

Form my point of view, MUET is relatively easier than TOEFL or IELTS. MUET so far is recognised by Malaysia and SIngapore ( correct me if i am wrong ) meanwhile TOEFL and IELTS re recognised world-wide...

Gabrielle90
18-05-2008, 07:33 AM
but then, MUET has been upgraded... the format of MUET has been changed... those who are taking MUET in this coming October will be the first batch to use the new format... MUET in May which has just past is still old format...

kana
18-05-2008, 10:45 AM
since the format is new, do you think it is better to take it next year than taking it this coming october?

Gabrielle90
18-05-2008, 11:37 AM
since the format is new, do you think it is better to take it next year than taking it this coming october?

i think is better to take it next year in may... more well prepared... plus, my school teacher also doesnt allow us to take in this coming october... she wants us to have enough preparation... but then she wont stop us from taking it as private student...

ericjoe
18-05-2008, 12:05 PM
hmm...i hav heard that we re allowed to take muet for 3 times...is that true??

Gabrielle90
18-05-2008, 01:38 PM
not retake, i guess... u can take it 3 times... oktober (lower 6), may (upper 6) and (oktober (upper six)... correct me if i have mistaken...

Caprio
18-05-2008, 09:56 PM
not retake, i guess... u can take it 3 times... oktober (lower 6), may (upper 6) and (oktober (upper six)... correct me if i have mistaken...

It may fall on November instead of October.

Though you can take 3 three times, it is advisable to take only one time, which is on October/November during lower six. Therefore, you can concentrate on your study and prepare well for your STPM examination during upper six. Besides, you save your parents hard-earned money. :)

And I hate to say that, most of the time the MUET falls on the my school exam's week. It is hard to concentrate.

newney
22-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Is it possible to score Band 6 in MUET?

Gabrielle90
22-05-2008, 04:30 PM
yes... it is possible to score band 6... but not many people scored band 6...

Caprio
22-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Is it possible to score Band 6 in MUET?

Haha... Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.

By the way, it is close to impossible to score a Band 6 in MUET. In my batch, out of a total of 300+ students, only six managed to score Band 6!

Well, the determinant for a Band 6 is in the Reading Test, in my opinion. My friends who scored Band 6 achieved a perfect/ close to perfect score in the reading section. Next, the listening part is crucial too as it will help you to gain marks easily. Then, it comes to the writing part, time management is vital to do well in this section, try to tackle the summary beautifully. Finally, it is the speaking part, as long as you open your mouth and speak without any serious gramatical mistakes, you are bound to get a high mark. :)

All the best!:P

walou
24-05-2008, 09:24 PM
im in college (matric) .... and i taking at nov for muet .....are you all
sure that rumor that the muet is changing the format ...... for the nov
exam....

man ...that is so sux.... help each other ok ?
im so scare lor....

celestial_sacred
25-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Yup. It's a very sure thing it's a new format in November~

4seasonspring
25-05-2008, 09:23 AM
exam....

im so scare lor....

Quoted from my reply from another thread(STPM 2008 ).....

regarding the registration and latest MUET syllabus, u can always refer to this link:
http://www.mpm.edu.my/main.php?Content=vertsections&SubVertSectionID=21&VertSectionID=18&CurLocation=18&IID=&Page=1

quoted from MPM website....

Additional info:
under new format of MUET, besides the change of % weightage for reading and writing compenents, other changes include:

-the Writing part requires candidates to write 2 continuos essays
(old format: 1 summary, 1 essay)
-the listening part are subjective questions, which requires candidates to write down important key words from the recordings, which is kinda same as listening part of IELTS test
(old format:A,B,C,D objective questions)

*CHANGES ARE SUBJECTED TO THE MPM'S DECISION FROM TIME TO TIME

hope that helps:)

walou
25-05-2008, 09:20 PM
guys thank .... btw i need some usefull tips since new format ... i guess no people sit it yet right ?

got any new regarding the muet new sent it here .....

Gabrielle90
30-05-2008, 02:03 PM
any suggestion for MUET books??? i mean for the new format MUET...

tent
30-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Longman would be better..

exam....

im so scare lor....

yea..i was in matri too..
will be taking Muet this coming november..

The format i am sure will be explained by the eng teacher there..dont worry
all the best..

Gabrielle90
30-05-2008, 03:09 PM
wat about ace ahead???

weilun
30-05-2008, 03:10 PM
It may fall on November instead of October.

Though you can take 3 three times, it is advisable to take only one time, which is on October/November during lower six. Therefore, you can concentrate on your study and prepare well for your STPM examination during upper six. Besides, you save your parents hard-earned money. :)

And I hate to say that, most of the time the MUET falls on the my school exam's week. It is hard to concentrate.

I think i would like to take my MUET test end of this year,still trying very hard to improve my English~So do i need to register personally??or my name will be in the list???

tent
30-05-2008, 03:14 PM
ToEFL would be like this:
Reading
The reading section consists of 3?5 long passages and questions about the passages. The passages are on academic topics; they are the kind of material that might be found in an undergraduate university textbook. Students answer questions about main ideas, details, inferences, sentence restatements, sentence insertion, vocabulary, function and overall ideas. New types of questions in the iBT require paraphrasing, filling out tables, or completing summaries. Generally prior knowledge of the subject under discussion is not necessary to come to the correct answer, though a priori knowledge may help.
Listening It consists of six long passages and questions about the passages. The passages consist of two student conversations and four academic lectures or discussions. The questions ask the students to determine main ideas, details, function, stance, inferences, and overall organization.
Speaking
It consists of six tasks, two independent tasks and four integrated tasks. In the two independent tasks, students must answer opinion questions about some aspect of academic life. In two integrated reading, listening, and speaking tasks, students must read a passage, listen to a passage, and speak about how the ideas in the two passages are related. In two integrated listening and speaking tasks, students must listen to long passages and then summarize and offer opinions on the information in the passages. Test takers are expected to convey information, explain ideas, and defend opinions clearly, coherently, and accurately.
Writing
The Writing Section consists of two tasks, one integrated task and one independent task. In the integrated task, students must read an academic passage, listen to an academic passage, and write about how the ideas in the two passages are related. In the independent task, students must write a personal essay.

is the new format of MUET would be harder than or the same standard than the TOEFL exam????

I think i would like to take my MUET test end of this year,still trying very hard to improve my English~So do i need to register personally??or my name will be in the list???

are u study form 6 or college?

as far as i noe, ur school will help u with all this procedures of registration.

so dont worry..

Gabrielle90
30-05-2008, 03:16 PM

either the school register for u or u have to register as private student...

weilun
30-05-2008, 03:31 PM
are u study form 6 or college?

as far as i noe, ur school will help u with all this procedures of registration.

so dont worry..

As I've been told by my upper six friends,their MUET teacher(who is also mine) did not even enter the class more than 20 times in their 1 and a half years form 6 lives..So is it possible for me to score a high band without depend on the school teacher???

either the school register for u or u have to register as private student...

If i were a private student,will I still take the test in my school??

tent
30-05-2008, 03:36 PM
As I've been told by my upper six friends,their MUET teacher(who is also mine) did not even enter the class more than 20 times in their 1 and a half years form 6 lives..So is it possible for me to score a high band without depend on the school teacher???

It is really impossible that ur eng teacher did not attend ur class la..

if so, i think u can sue him or her..

lets bring to the principal attention regarding this matter..

teacher should be responsible in teaching MUET..ecspecially in gov-aided school..

weilun
30-05-2008, 03:45 PM
It is really impossible that ur eng teacher did not attend ur class la..

if so, i think u can sue him or her..

lets bring to the principal attention regarding this matter..

teacher should be responsible in teaching MUET..ecspecially in gov-aided school..

Yes,I will do that....haha..but he is just different,i mean i can see him in the school compound,but he is just too lazy to enter the class...haha~And that's what happened when we were in form5(He used to teach us EST in form5),he really seldom entered the class~Though that time when we were in form5,we did not like our English teacher(another teacher) so much because of being "too hardworking" but now if i can choose,i would want her back^^haha~

extreme
30-05-2008, 05:55 PM
i took MUET for this mid term. my topic is while waiting for university application result u wanted to work part time. What is the thing that influence your choice of job.
1) Distance
2) Working hour
3) Type of job
4) Salary

hope i can help but i'm sure the same topic won;t come out for year end.
If i'm not mistaken the new syalabus, there will be no objective Question. You need to fill in the blank for some question.Thats all i know.

Gabrielle90
30-05-2008, 06:37 PM
i took MUET for this mid term. my topic is while waiting for university application result u wanted to work part time. What is the thing that influence your choice of job.
1) Distance
2) Working hour
3) Type of job
4) Salary

hope i can help but i'm sure the same topic won;t come out for year end.
If i'm not mistaken the new syalabus, there will be no objective Question. You need to fill in the blank for some question.Thats all i know.

no objective question??? is it a good thing??? as i know, no more summary... summary is replaced by essay...

extreme
30-05-2008, 11:28 PM
it may actually be a good thing. but then hope that they don;t make it too complicated. It's also should be quite easy since all the answer will be ion the passage.

lawteoh
02-06-2008, 09:10 PM
ARGH The writing paper was stupid! I deviated from the question task like mad. I should have disagreed, because it said ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE GUARANTEES A SUCCESSFUL LIFE. Omg, I think I just dropped to a Band 4.

I'm speaking on Monday, Session 1. Apparently, some spotted topics are like 'what makes a good role model' etc. Usual spotted questions la. Just be confident.

So, anyone up for a little discussion. I know it's like one day before, but any kind of practice will be good.

What would make a good role model?
Or what is the most important trait in a leader?
Or was trait must the head of the family have?

Dun scared me la wei.. I agreed that time.. but that is because my school spotted the question almost similar to this.. For my trial, the essay question was almost similar except that academic excellence is changed to tertiary education.. I believe the points from there could be used right? swt..

btw, I think we would know our result before 24th July.. cause that is the closing date for those who want to resit for MUET.

walou
03-06-2008, 11:34 AM
when i tell the new format to my teacher..... some of the information is ...... wrong ... the information i take from the famous blog for malaysia student.... well you all know what it is ?.... some of the information is against my teacher new format that ministri ..... kem kemeneterian release it .... hm... you all got any idea ? or any comment ?

hm......

Gabrielle90
03-06-2008, 12:13 PM
when i tell the new format to my teacher..... some of the information is ...... wrong ... the information i take from the famous blog for malaysia student.... well you all know what it is ?.... some of the information is against my teacher new format that ministri ..... kem kemeneterian release it .... hm... you all got any idea ? or any comment ?

hm......

huh??? sorry, i dont really get what u trying to say... follow the teacher's syllabus is better, i guess...

seowmay
15-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi, I'm a lower 6 student in selangor. My school teacher told us about the new MUET format since the very first day. I'm actually quite worry about this upcoming MUET test. Any websites or recommended books other than the longman Q & A which helps to prepare for MUET test?

ericjoe
11-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Please take note that the result of MUET May 2008 will be released on 16th of July. For those who wish to retake MUET for the year end paper, please do register as private candidate latest by 24th of July. For more detail, log on to Majlis Peperiksaan Malaysia homepage. Thank you.

ericjoe
16-07-2008, 12:18 PM
hey, the MUET result ( mid year 2008 ) has been released. You have to key in your IC number in this webpage. The link is here (http://www.mpm.edu.my/muet/loginfrm.aspx). Good luck!

celestial_sacred
16-07-2008, 06:51 PM
What are your results, fellow candidates?

seiryuu
17-07-2008, 05:59 PM
i got band 5 ! i was so happy to get this result and i believe i can fly ~

withoutwax
17-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Lol..band 5 too...10 points to band 6...
slap me pls..
________
Park Royal 2 Condominium Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

extreme
17-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Lol..band 5 too...10 points to band 6...
slap me pls..

me too band 5.. where to see u how many points to band 6 anyw???
so fast u get ur result slip already??

:)):))

seiryuu
17-07-2008, 10:22 PM
10 marks ? haha you must be very upset now one last chance before format resetting still got a big regret ..

celestial_sacred
18-07-2008, 02:18 AM
I got a band five. Seven more to band six. But I'm glad I got band five actually. ;)

withoutwax
18-07-2008, 04:51 PM
me too band 5.. where to see u how many points to band 6 anyw???
so fast u get ur result slip already??

:)):))

Yup.. got my slip on dat day..
________
Live Sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

christina^^
18-07-2008, 08:11 PM
can anyone tell me the ways to get at least band 5 in MUET ?

Athersin
02-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Good news for lower sixer this year- New MUET specifications: For the listening component, the new specifications will see an increase in texts and questions. There is also more variety in question type. For the reading component, cloze passage has been removed. For the writing component, summary writing has also been taken out.

The summary question has always been regarded as one of the tougher components in MUET. Even though I am appalled at the removal of the Summary question, I have to agree that it looks more like a reading rather than a writing question, as candidates spend a lot of time reading the text. However, I still think that the skill of summarizing is an important skill in life.
However, due to limited resources, I am not able to confirm this. If fellow recomers are familiar with the latest format, feel free to comment to share it with us.
:)

can anyone tell me the ways to get at least band 5 in MUET ?

I can provide this information on the scoring description of each Band score in MUET.

Band 6 ? Very good user (Aggregated Score: 260 ? 300)
Very good command of the language. Highly expressive, fluent, accurate and appropriate language: hardly any inaccuracies. Very good understanding of language and contexts. Functions extremely well in the language.

Band 5 ? Good user (Aggregated Score: 220 ? 259)
Good command of the language. Expressive, fluent, accurate and appropriate language but with minor inaccuracies. Good understanding of language and contexts. Functions well in the language.

Band 4 ? Competent user (Aggregated Score: 180 ? 219)
Satisfactory command of the language. Satisfactory expressive and fluent, appropriate language but with occasional inaccuracies. Satisfactory understanding of language and contexts. Functions satisfactorily in the language.

Band 3 ? Modest user (Aggregated Score: 140 ? 179)
Modest command of the language. Modestly expressive and fluent, appropriate language but with noticeable inaccuracies. Modest understanding of language and contexts. Able to function modestly in the language.

Band 2 ? Limited user (Aggregated Score: 100 ? 139)
Limited command of the language. Lacks expressiveness, fluency and appropriacy: inaccurate use of the language resulting in breakdown in communication. Limited understanding of language and contexts. Limited ability to function in the language.

Band 1 ? Extremely limited user (Below 100)
Poor command of the language. Unable to use language to express ideas: inaccurate use of the language resulting in frequent breakdowns in communication. Little or poor understanding of language and contexts. Hardly able to function in the language.

Eurytos
03-08-2008, 03:40 PM
FYI the muet exam is in may is alot tougher than the one in november. So if you really want to achieve something extraordinary do take the exam at that time

lawteoh
03-08-2008, 05:34 PM
FYI the muet exam is in may is alot tougher than the one in november. So if you really want to achieve something extraordinary do take the exam at that time

Huh? Why do you say so? I thought the new format is way harder?

First, listening.. I could tell you part 3 was the worst of all..

2nd, reading.. how are you going to discern whether its true, false or not stated.. (I believe got some questions on that would be tested)

3rd, writing.. how in the world is the format for the first question? Is it something like PA, where it follows a fixed step, like in one paragraph, you must write the trend, then put in the data, then calculate the difference and the percentage? Or otherwise?

day_dreamer
03-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Me : Band 6

Band 6 – Very good user (Aggregated Score: 260 – 300)
Very good command of the language. Highly expressive, fluent, accurate and appropriate language: hardly any inaccuracies. Very good understanding of language and contexts. Functions extremely well in the language.

Sorry I'm just bitching around here... hehe.

Though the band 6 is real ! Ahaha...

Anyone knows how many candidates scored band 6 in this test ?

The whole bunch of newspapers we have in Malaysia only craps about how anus can join with a penis ~~~ damn...

Eurytos
03-08-2008, 10:46 PM
With due modesty i got a band 6 the first time i took the test back in may 2007. Score : 260 a bit lucky i guess. But seriously i regret not taking the 2nd time last year end, because i think i would have broken the school record of 272 considering the absurdly high scores my schoolmates got.
NO OFFENSE though to those that took the MUET test in november. :)

Caprio
04-08-2008, 12:48 PM
With due modesty i got a band 6 the first time i took the test back in may 2007. Score : 260 a bit lucky i guess. But seriously i regret not taking the 2nd time last year end, because i think i would have broken the school record of 272 considering the absurdly high scores my schoolmates got.
NO OFFENSE though to those that took the MUET test in november. :)

You may take the test again on this coming October. A Band 6 is a Band 6 lar... why so greedy...

extreme
04-08-2008, 01:04 PM
But then MUET is only recognised in Malaysia. What is the fuss about scoring band 6 anyway. When we go out and work, our employee won't ask what's your band in MUET. It's more like just fulifliing the requirement of the government.Don't really bother to retake MUET if you are in private university cause you just need minimum requirement for bands in MUET to graduate. Don't waste your money to take MUET a few times unless you got too much money to spend. In that case donate some.:)):))
Just my humble opinion. Hope i don't offend anyone.

:):)

Eurytos
04-08-2008, 01:25 PM
If that was the case we could all just rest our laurels and stop studying for stpm since we are merely trying to fulfill the government's requirements.

Well personally i take a sense of pride out of what i do, which is exactly why i really want to beat my school record. I am sure the other high achievers would agree with me on that.

day_dreamer
04-08-2008, 03:10 PM
But then MUET is only recognised in Malaysia. What is the fuss about scoring band 6 anyway. When we go out and work, our employee won't ask what's your band in MUET. It's more like just fulifliing the requirement of the government.Don't really bother to retake MUET if you are in private university cause you just need minimum requirement for bands in MUET to graduate. Don't waste your money to take MUET a few times unless you got too much money to spend. In that case donate some.:)):))
Just my humble opinion. Hope i don't offend anyone.

:):)

In 2007, 6 or 7 form 6 science students who scored 5 As attended the interview for National University of Singapore's Medical Course.

Only one of them, kpchen from ReCom, who scored a Band 6 got it... The others only get a band 5.

So , extreme , MUET is not only recognised in Malaysia :) It's recognised in Singapore too , which boast 1 top 20 university in the world and 2 top 50 universities in the world :)

To those who got Band 5 but wishing for Band 6 , i recommend you to resit it ... 60 ringgit is nothing compare to a life-time of guilt blaming yourself about why don't you sit for it again .. :)

If that was the case we could all just rest our laurels and stop studying for stpm since we are merely trying to fulfill the government's requirements.

Well personally i take a sense of pride out of what i do, which is exactly why i really want to beat my school record. I am sure the other high achievers would agree with me on that.

Agree with you ... anyway .. i love and hate meepo :P

Xon
04-08-2008, 03:53 PM

i guess this is the right attitude of a student. *thumb up*

Day_dreamer and other ReCommers,add oil there!!

Eurytos
04-08-2008, 03:57 PM
i guess this is the right attitude of a student. *thumb up*

Day_dreamer and other ReCommers,add oil there!!Flattered.. By your comments lar. Anyway FYI students from private institutions should apply to take the test too, as you too need this test to apply for places in public universities.
* Common misconception that students from private colleges are not allowed into public universities of Malaysia

extreme
04-08-2008, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=day_dreamer;202742]
In 2007, 6 or 7 form 6 science students who scored 5 As attended the interview for National University of Singapore's Medical Course.

Only one of them, kpchen from ReCom, who scored a Band 6 got it... The others only get a band 5.

So , extreme , MUET is not only recognised in Malaysia :) It's recognised in Singapore too , which boast 1 top 20 university in the world and 2 top 50 universities in the world :)

To those who got Band 5 but wishing for Band 6 , i recommend you to resit it ... 60 ringgit is nothing compare to a life-time of guilt blaming yourself about why don't you sit for it again .. :)

hmm i see. Still got some potential in MUET that i don't know. I do respect people who get band six in MUET. Getting a band six in MUET is no simple task. Those with band six really do have the potential and the ability as you said.People who get band six does speak high level english, maybe thats why he got the offer. I do not discriminate but people who get band six are really established speaker of the language no doubt about it.

[QUOTE=Eurytos;202732]

No STPM is actually the basic for your university year. It's quite different from just fulfilling the government requirement. I can be quite sure that people who really score in STPM really work for it unlike in SPM where we can actually relax (more to those smart students).STPM is also recognised worldwide and become a nice ticket to apply into prestigious university.They who score STPM can somewhat relax in their university years because they can really cope with the stress of doing alot of thing in such a short time.

I just got band 5 in my MUET though.lolz

magpie
04-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Flattered.. By your comments lar. Anyway FYI students from private institutions should apply to take the test too, as you too need this test to apply for places in public universities.
* Common misconception that students from private colleges are not allowed into public universities of Malaysia

Your words here strikes me that i should apply to local public uni. Many thanks:) erm when does application to public uni starts, is it aft stpm results or the year before? and how exactly do private institutions' students fill d form since we're using either a-levels or sam result?

Eurytos
05-08-2008, 03:43 AM
Your words here strikes me that i should apply to local public uni. Many thanks:) erm when does application to public uni starts, is it aft stpm results or the year before? and how exactly do private institutions' students fill d form since we're using either a-levels or sam result?

You will see the application forms released by our ministry of higher education in the newspapers around march / april next year. Do take note that you will have different applying procedures to that of STPM students.

sugarspice
05-08-2008, 05:40 PM

I thought that is a fact.....=.=

Eurytos
05-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I thought that is a fact.....=.=

Did you mean that students from private colleges are not allowed into public universities is a fact?

Or That the statement that i gave is a facT?

Athersin
26-08-2008, 08:50 PM
MUET is getting harder in the coming november due to the revamption of the old format.

Luckily i take it in Mid month and score band 5.:)

Xon
26-08-2008, 09:58 PM
the exam council only cuts down the summary to another short essay right? and perhaps the listening test which have some structure question and and.... *just realise alot eh*

Any senior can list out the difference?

Athersin
27-08-2008, 01:38 PM
the exam council only cuts down the summary to another short essay right? and perhaps the listening test which have some structure question and and.... *just realise alot eh*

Any senior can list out the difference?

The short essay is actually the report writting.

If not mistaken t, the new format of this coming MUET in NOV slightly resemble the IELTS which includes report and continous writting in essay part.

Athersin
18-09-2008, 01:26 PM
advice on a good report writting.

n general, a good report is one that you don't need to reread, it is clear and the information that it contains is easy to find. The structure is fairly rigid, usually divided into sections, probably with subheadings, each performing a very specific task. For example a scientific report will be a structured account of an investigation or experiment that you have carried out, whereas a business report may require you to imagine that you are making recommendations to your boss or colleagues for a particular course of action. You need to strive for relevance and conciseness, and your report should proceed in a logical and ordered way.

lawteoh
18-09-2008, 02:24 PM
advice on a good report writting.

n general, a good report is one that you don't need to reread, it is clear and the information that it contains is easy to find. The structure is fairly rigid, usually divided into sections, probably with subheadings, each performing a very specific task. For example a scientific report will be a structured account of an investigation or experiment that you have carried out, whereas a business report may require you to imagine that you are making recommendations to your boss or colleagues for a particular course of action. You need to strive for relevance and conciseness, and your report should proceed in a logical and ordered way.

So, is it something like pengajian bahagian e where you just follow the trend, starting from comparing the "jumlah" by years, and then, comparing the inner part?

Athersin
23-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Yes it is.:)

root216
30-06-2010, 03:15 PM
where i can find the stpm past year question