PDA

View Full Version : Life At Universiti Teknologi Petronas

Pages : [1] 2

hellomyfriend
14-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Hope those currently in UTP can come and share views and also give some description of life at UTP to those UTP-bound students who are going for the July intake. This thread, hopefully, can be used to ask questions about the environment, campus, and other details about UTP. But try not to talk about the scholarship stuff here cause the focus is on UTP itself.

OK, so I have a bunch of questions:)

-How much free time do we have in a week (generally)?
-Is there really a lot of pressure in the foundation year for new students?
-Does one need to be very active in clubs/societies?
-Where do foundation year students stay?
-Hows the Internet connection like there?
-Is it true that there is a notebook allowance there?

sherenesheep
14-05-2008, 01:28 AM
yes there is internet connection der.. u can go online in ur room, but they block sites lik msn and youtube (u can ask the seniors there how to unblock it!!)

yes there is a notebook allowance... if u do well in ur first sem, petronas will giv u money to buy one... my fren in utp said if u already hav one, u can ask them to reimburse u...

there are no specific hostel/blocks for foundation students.. all mixed together with the seniors...
but 2nd year degree students get to stay in apartments outside campus....

yes u have to join clubs and stuff.. as to how active one must be, i'm not sure...

kk activities are mostly on saturdays... so sunday is kinda lik a free day (whole day off)... mostly u hav class everyday, depending on ur timetable...

hellomyfriend
14-05-2008, 01:32 AM
Thanks. Very useful stuff.

More questions though:)

-How fast is the internet connection in the room?

-On a weekday, how much time is spent on classes in general? And how much free time left?

sherenesheep
14-05-2008, 01:33 AM
connection not very fast, so don hope for much..

i'm not very sure about classes.. if i'm not mistaken, one class about 2 hours... but lik i said, depends on ur timetable

AtMostFear
20-05-2008, 11:55 AM
-How much free time do we have in a week (generally)?
-Is there really a lot of pressure in the foundation year for new students?
-Does one need to be very active in clubs/societies?
-Where do foundation year students stay?
-Hows the Internet connection like there?
-Is it true that there is a notebook allowance there?

-free time? can't really recall. I would say it's not that heavy as most of the stuff you're gonna learn during foundation is almost the same with SPM syllabus (Physics, Chemistry, etc.), but just a bit more in depth.
-it is compulsory for students to join at least 1 club during the first semester of foundation year, and the first semester of the first year I think. it's just a pre-requisite. once you've fulfilled the requirement, you're free. but you can still choose to join other clubs if you want to after that.
-during my time (2006), foundation students have to stay at the old hostels, which aren't that nice if compared to the new hostels. you only get to move to the new dorms when you're in the first year I think.
-internet connection in your room won't be that fast. your home streamyx is definitely faster. but if you're good with computer, you will know how to turn things around. anyway, the internet connection at the computer labs and library are super fast. so most people opt to go online there.
-notebook allowance. depends on your sponsor. MARA and Petronas do give them. not sure about others.

and yeah, prepare yourself to face the heat of Tronoh. you'll sweat, a lot.

crazeed
20-05-2008, 12:32 PM
wow..thanks for da info ...im goin there in july....:)...hope 2 meet u allz...any facilities dat we can use there????

sherenesheep
20-05-2008, 01:03 PM
there are alot of facilities... got gym oso... library... don hav to worry about it...

Leon
20-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I am also going to persue my studies at UTP. Can we go home every weekend? Is there any other entertainments around our campus? How about the food at UTP?

crazeed
20-05-2008, 10:23 PM
do they have tv room in utp...lol..juz my curiousity..:D

Leon
21-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Anyone who is currently studying in UTP pls reply as soon as possible of my question!!! Very few ppl are discussing life at UTP. What are we going to do during orientation week? Are we going to stay in new or old hostel, anyone cn confrim for me pls???

AtMostFear
22-05-2008, 08:59 AM
orientation in UTP is just like normal orientation in other university and school. I think it's like for a week? you do numerous activities in your group such as presentation, sports. then you'll have to attend speech given by some of the important people in UTP. can't really recall what are the specific activities. anyway, don't worry, orientation is the time for you to meet new friends.

yes, you can go back every week. you're not in a boarding school. you can go back every day if you live nearby too.

yes, they have TV room. but I've never really used it before.

don't worry about food. there are lots of varieties there. malay food, western food, chinese food I'm not sure. but you won't get bored with it. (at least for me)

Ipoh is approximately 30 minutes from UTP. so if you wanna watch a movie or hang out with your friends, get a car.

I'm not in UTP anymore, so I can't really answer some of the questions. if you want to chat with UTP people, get mIRC and connect to tunnel.utpchat.net.

oiga
22-05-2008, 11:04 AM
what is the dress code in utp? Is jeans n t shirt with short sleeve allowed for girls? Is slipper allowed?
Besides,do we really need a comp during foundation year?

sherenesheep
22-05-2008, 02:31 PM
what is the dress code in utp? Is jeans n t shirt with short sleeve allowed for girls? Is slipper allowed?
Besides,do we really need a comp during foundation year?

i think u can wear whatever u want.. but hav to be decent la.. jeans can... my fren der wears jeans to go lab...

oiga
22-05-2008, 03:18 PM
thanks.
actually i v scare n worry cz i thought i hav to wear baju kurung during kuliah n cnt wear casual.
the security in utp ok?
i wonder do i really nd bring a laptop there for doing assignment?

sherenesheep
22-05-2008, 03:31 PM
security ok i think... not sure whether need laptop o not, but u can bring it if u want.. got internet connection der in ur room....

oiga
22-05-2008, 03:38 PM
thanks.
hw about the hostel? "clean"? i m v scare about tat....
hw many toilet per level?

AtMostFear
23-05-2008, 03:17 PM
the security is quite good in UTP. outsiders can't enter the compound without a student card. so you'll only need to worry about other students. as long as you lock your room, then it's gonna be fine.

the hostel cleanliness is just fine. you have 2 person in a room. so it really depends on you and your roommate. for the old hostel, you guys gotta use the public bathroom. as for the new hostels, you'll get your own toilet in each apartment.

dress code is anything casual as long as the shirt is collared. jeans are allowed, but not shorts. slippers aren't allowed, but sandals are ok. short sleeve shirt for girls are allowed I think. break the dress code and you'll be fined.

most students will bring their laptop even during foundation year. you'll need to do powerpoint presentation sometimes. but even if you don't own a laptop, there are a lot of computers at the labs and the library, so no worries. my advice is, bring one. because whenever you're bored in your room, you can always connect to UTP's own mIRC network (via intranet) and download tv series, anime, mp3s and all.

oiga
23-05-2008, 06:13 PM
thanks....
does utp tere hav 3G coverage?
whic villages are new?(can i choose my roomate n room when i register?)
thanks a lot.........

sherenesheep
23-05-2008, 09:04 PM
erm i think so... try registering together.... it mite get u into the same room

AtMostFear
25-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Village 1 & 2 are the old hostels, while Village 3, 4 & 5 are the new ones.

yes you can choose your roommate if you register together. but here's what happened to me tho. I registered with my friend (as in we were together all the time during the registration process in the hall), but when it comes to hostel block allocation (where they will give a small card to indicate which block you are in), we got different blocks! after registering at the hall, we have to get our room keys by handing in the card which states which blocks we are in. what I did was I just said I lost my card and said it was the same as my friend, so we got the same room, lol. but do register early if you wanna choose your roommate, as sometimes there won't be empty rooms anymore and you guys will have to split to fill the 'lubang' at other rooms.

abuzar
25-05-2008, 12:01 PM
i was just about to create a similar thread..shrenesheep...how do u know so much about utp?one more thing...u people say that the internet connection in the room is slow...how slow...is it possible for video conference?

hellomyfriend
25-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Which hostel did you stay? Nice or not?

sherenesheep
25-05-2008, 03:55 PM
there will definately be alot of "lubang". i heard some of the foundation students (jan 2008 intake) are being moved to the apartments outside campus

i was just about to create a similar thread..shrenesheep...how do u know so much about utp?one more thing...u people say that the internet connection in the room is slow...how slow...is it possible for video conference?

hehehe my good fren is der in utp as we speak.. jan 2008 intake... hehe
erm, it is slow, but u can do video conference no prob... i webcammed my fren last week. but connection mite not be very good la, so sometimes mite suddenly dc....

abuzar
25-05-2008, 05:59 PM
oh i see.thanks for the info.

guys..how do u go to UTP?From miri,there is no direct flight to ipoh,right?.So,from miri,i fly to KLIA.from KLIA...what should i do?...going to ipoh using a bus....or what...if u have any idea...please share

sherenesheep
25-05-2008, 09:08 PM
if u wanna save money, transit klia first.. then take bus to perak... about 2hours ride...
if u take bus from klia, the cost is rm45 per person... but if take taxi, it comes to about rm200 i think.. mayb more than that...

or stop by kl, then go take pudu bus to perak, rm15 per person...

abuzar
25-05-2008, 09:54 PM
if u wanna save money, transit klia first.. then take bus to perak... about 2hours ride...
if u take bus from klia, the cost is rm45 per person... but if take taxi, it comes to about rm200 i think.. mayb more than that...

or stop by kl, then go take pudu bus to perak, rm15 per person...

so,u mean i have to go to KL sentral?then by bus to ipoh?

sherenesheep
25-05-2008, 10:16 PM
erm, actually wud be a better idea if u jz directly take a bus from klia to perak... cuz if u go down to kl then u have to spend another xtra 30-40 bucks.. so to make things easier, and save money, jz take bus from klia to perak...........

btw, wen u are in klia, u proceed to the bus ticket counter and take the bus under the name Triton.. thats the only bus that goes to perak from klia...

abuzar
25-05-2008, 10:22 PM
thank u.i know about triton express...i just wanna make sure what i read in KLIA website is correct..so,with ur info..now,i have multiple choices now.... thank u sherenesheep.its always u that help me.
by the way,is triton express has bad records?if some of u know(especially those from peninsular) like bad drivers,thief coz i am afraid my bags will be stolen.....

sherenesheep
25-05-2008, 10:38 PM
hehe ur welcom abuzar... erm i dunno about teh express' records... hopefully its not true, for ur bag's sake.. hehe

hellomyfriend
26-05-2008, 02:32 AM
Normally what do students do at night during weekdays there? Just use internet in hostel?

d3stinydanc3withm3
26-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Normally what do students do at night during weekdays there? Just use internet in hostel?

DoTA sessions :p

sherenesheep
26-05-2008, 12:10 PM

do hw.. u goin to hav a loooooooooooooooooooot of assignments der...

btw and fyi, the engineering foundation students (july intake) will not be mixing with the january intake kids.... only the art subs students will mix with them cuz they will start to take new sub together with u guys... smth lik that

hellomyfriend
26-05-2008, 01:44 PM
By arts you mean including IT and BIS? Students from these courses will mix with the ones in January intake?

oiga
26-05-2008, 04:31 PM
do we nd prepare or bring wat important stuff to utp such as mosquito repellent or.....?

Leon
26-05-2008, 09:07 PM
For me, surely I will bring mosquito repellent to utp coz when I went there during educamp, I whole night could not sleep just kept killing mosquitoes......

abuzar
26-05-2008, 09:28 PM
hey guys,are we allowed to use the library PC to have a video conference?

fyza
26-05-2008, 10:32 PM
i heard the WiFI is available all around da campus..including da hostel. but my friend there said that it's quite hot there..myb coz of da soil.. it used to be 'lombong biji timah' i think..

crazeed
27-05-2008, 12:06 AM
ya it quite hot there....:D

sherenesheep
27-05-2008, 12:18 AM
By arts you mean including IT and BIS? Students from these courses will mix with the ones in January intake?

i think so....

hey guys,are we allowed to use the library PC to have a video conference?

erm wont it be a better idea if u do the conferencing in the comfort of ur own room?? bsides, u have more privacy in ur room anyway

B.T.SengYee
27-05-2008, 12:30 AM
hay..
who are boys here n then going to utp this july..
i wanna have a roomate 1st..
haha
________
How To Roll A Blunt (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

abuzar
28-05-2008, 10:01 AM
me!abuzar...course:mechanical engineering.

i think so....

erm wont it be a better idea if u do the conferencing in the comfort of ur own room?? bsides, u have more privacy in ur room anyway

yeah..but i am afraid i wouldnt have enough money to buy a laptop.....
by the way...do we have chances to come to miri during holidays...and how long are the holidays..

sherenesheep
28-05-2008, 11:54 AM
yeah..but i am afraid i wouldnt have enough money to buy a laptop.....
by the way...do we have chances to come to miri during holidays...and how long are the holidays..

accordin to my fren, petronas will giv u allowance to buy laptop after ur first semester WITH CONDITION that u do well in ur first sems exam...
but if u hav already bought the laptop b4 ur first sems, u can get the money from petronas.. jz show them the receipt thingy....

oh for sure u get to go bak to miri during hols.. duration of hols will varify depending on the occasion..

Leon
28-05-2008, 12:05 PM
There will a mid semster break from 27th September to 7 October. Then, the end of first sem break will be on the 6th of Dec 2008 to 18th Jan 2009. You cn check through the website under academics section.

abuzar
29-05-2008, 10:42 AM
There will a mid semster break from 27th September to 7 October. Then, the end of first sem break will be on the 6th of Dec 2008 to 18th Jan 2009. You cn check through the website under academics section.

thank u. very very much...how couldnt i find the info:amuse

guys...is there a washing machine there?or should i wash own my clothes?

sherenesheep
29-05-2008, 11:31 AM
hey abuzar.. not to worry.. there are washing machines there....

abuzar
29-05-2008, 03:16 PM
thank u.u know for boys it is had to do laundry work. its a nightmare!.

now..serous questions....
1.Anybody here that is taking mechanical engineering to UTP?
2.what books are good as a reference for emchanical engineering?
3.How are the lectures there?can we here them in the lecture hall?do they have good communication skill?(i mean those who teach mech. engineering)
4.is a laptop necessary for undergraduate student taking mech. engineering?

sherenesheep
29-05-2008, 10:47 PM
haha well u hav to start doin ur own laundry!! be independant.. hehe

erm u can hear the lecturers well.. my fren even recorded one of the classes, can hear super duper clear!!! erm i cant vouche for their communication skills.. but i know that there is one math teacher there (indian) with a strong indian accent.. that fellow mite need a lil gettin used to.. after a while, u'l be able to catch on....

hey i was skyping with my fren who is in utp now.. i was askin her regarding the laptop thing....

so this is the info that i got...

the maximum cost that petronas is willing to giv u is rm3500.
u can get the money from them after ur first sem xm...
u can only get the money if ur GPA is above 2.5 (which is quite low)

if ur results are not satisfying, then no laptop money for u then...

hope this info helps yeah

abuzar
30-05-2008, 03:38 PM
indian accent?is it too thick(pekat)?i think i can catch up lah if not so pekat.....but...indian teachers are very good at teaching maths!thx for the info!

oiga
31-05-2008, 09:50 PM
thanks for the info
beside,is there any shops inside the campus that selling grocery and electrical appliances such as kettle?
And can we register 1 day before 12 July and stay in the hostel?
I go kl by airasia,then how should i proceed to ipoh by bus?

abuzar
02-06-2008, 02:07 PM
yeah...same question..i know their is a shop at utp.but how big it is?
oiga...about going a day earlier...i will also go a day earlier...but i will spend the night (11/07/08) at a hotel in ipoh.i will go to kl from miri.then from klia,i will use a bus to ipoh...from ipoh...use a taxi

B.T.SengYee
03-06-2008, 04:45 PM
haha.
abuzar..
erm..
u r from where..??
races..??
sure u r a boys rite
haha..
so cool can get frenz b4 i go to utp...
________
Paxil Settlement Info (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

abuzar
03-06-2008, 06:23 PM
haha.
abuzar..
erm..
u r from where..??
races..??
sure u r a boys rite
haha..
so cool can get frenz b4 i go to utp...

i am from miri.
race: Pakistan(non-bumi)
boy
nice to be friends
course:mech engineering at utp

B.T.SengYee
04-06-2008, 10:59 AM
pakistan is a type of races..?
tot it is a country name..??
________
Live sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

abuzar
04-06-2008, 02:49 PM
yeah...actually my race is "pathan"but to make it easier..we call our race pakistan.Bangsa Pakistan=Bangsa Malaysia.

i mean as an analogy...there are many ethnics in pakistan but when we are abroad,we just call our self pakistani.well, i am a malaysian citizen.

B.T.SengYee
04-06-2008, 09:00 PM
oic..
haha..
so sure a far journey 4 u to come to utp..
haha..
anyway..
nice to b fren
how shud i call u..??
________
COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

abuzar
04-06-2008, 09:38 PM
call me abuzar.or abu but i prefer abuzar.my chinese name is "aaa-phu cha".what ur course?and what shud i call u?

B.T.SengYee
05-06-2008, 12:18 AM
haha...
erm..
i m taking chem eng there..
u r mech eng is at local...?
erm..
u can call me tan..
@<hidden> brennan..
where ever u like la..??
u have msn..??
can u give me ur add..??
________
E-cigarette store (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

abuzar
05-06-2008, 05:14 PM
local(utp)

B.T.SengYee
06-06-2008, 01:56 PM
hay..
jz wanna ask.
r we going to get a job right after we finish our degree..
coz i look at the agreement..
if we didnt get the job offered by petronas..
we have to pay them back the money..
________
Medical marijuana card (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

sherenesheep
06-06-2008, 02:44 PM
hay..
jz wanna ask.
r we going to get a job right after we finish our degree..
coz i look at the agreement..
if we didnt get the job offered by petronas..
we have to pay them back the money..

it depends.. if petronas wanna hire u after u graduate (after interview again), then u don hav to pay them bak.. if they don wanna hire u, i think they'l pass u off to other oil and gas companies such as shell, schlumberger etc...

easternC
06-06-2008, 07:54 PM
sherenesheep (http://recom.org/forum/member.php?u=8235) - ur a student in UTP? wahahahaha what is ur MIRC nick?

yeay ~ i'm graduating... hihihi 1 of most important thing is UTP is computer, either laptop or desktop... hahahaha ~ internet connection here super slow, if u just know how to use it... but it can be super fast, if u know how to exploit it... wahahha ~ UTP student mostly the seniors, do extra study regarding UTP network... haha even the engineering student...

bout the job thing, when ur in final sem, there will be interview session for PETRONAS scholar. from there, they will determine, wheter the want to hire u or not. if ur R(Reccomended) u will hv the possibility to be hired within 6 months. if ur NR(not reccomended) u are allow to seek job elsewhere. beleive me, after 4 5 years here, u'll know what will u choose... heheheh ~

btw, UTP is freaking hot... i mean, the weather (the girls? some lar).... and the security love to compound student, esp cars... wahahha this semester, my roomate hold highest record... about 2k++ wahhaha crazy ~

anything? actually i just bump this forum 5 minutes ago... hehe and feel like wanna answering ur question... hahaha feel free to log on to our mirc server.... its one of 7 wonders in UTP wahahhaha beleive me... u need MIRC here... and DC++ and Kampung5 also.... :P

Leon
06-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Hi, EasternC I am Leon, nice to meet u. Which course are u studying? After internships programme, do we still need to study and sit for the exam before we graduate? Btw, what is the MIRC channel for UTP? Must we wear long sleeve plus tie during lecture? Is it important for us to hav a laptop before studying in UTP? I am going to study in UTP this coming July. Pls reply me as soon as possbile thx!!!

sherenesheep
06-06-2008, 09:47 PM
hey easternC.. no i'm not from utp, neither am i goin there.. hehe
but i know quite a bit about utp cuz my bez bud is there.. soooo.. hehehhe

easternC
06-06-2008, 10:06 PM
ur lucky i'm going home tomorrow... this semester end already last week.. whahah delaying doingmy clearance... ouh i'm taking ICT, but i got buddies from all over programme... let me tell u the basic flow here... u can ask more...

normally, after spm, u when u enter UTP u will enter the foundation age(wahahah).. after that u'll enter the undergraduate year... slight different between engineering and technology student

Foundation Year - 2 semester
Undergraduate Year (eng) - 4 year (8 semester)
Undergraduate Year (tech) - 3 year and a half (7 semester)

u can see here, engineering student have 1 more semester then technology student...

and

engineering student will go for internship on 6th semester
technology student will go for internship on 5th semester

after the internship(8sweet months) there will be 2 more semester for every student(haha unless u extend).. during these semesters then u'll start your final year project(FYP)... yes, both semesters still have final exam(but not regarding your FYP)... i forgot the total credit hours for engineering student.. but for technology student, during undergraduate, u must complete 120 at least credit hours...

btw, soul server will be turn off tomorrow, but tunnel server will still be up.. i mean the mirc server... may be u can join through tunnel.utpchat.net ... i'm online, 24 hours... wahahahha ~

okey, honestly, having a laptop sure a plus when ur here... all assignments + projects + presentations, esp during foundation because foundation classes a bit packed compared to undergraduate... plus its fix.. like me, my final sem i dont hv class on thursday and friday.. so got 4 days weekeends.. whahha ~ and u can go out at anytime, anyday... just dont forget to bring ur ID card and make sure ur car@<hidden> got sticker :P

just ask me.. because may be tomorrow i wont be here anymore...

B.T.SengYee
08-06-2008, 12:04 AM
ok then..
bt then i tot no long sleeve shirt rite at lecture..
jz for the orientation week..
n then after that u can wear anything u wan
as long as smart casual..
oh ya..
n then if we are not going to work with petronas
do we nid to pay back the fees..
i saw this form the agreement...???

it depends.. if petronas wanna hire u after u graduate (after interview again), then u don hav to pay them bak.. if they don wanna hire u, i think they'l pass u off to other oil and gas companies such as shell, schlumberger etc...

so though i work with shell then
i dun have tp pay back the fees rite..??
________
Candy_Hot_Baby live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Candy_Hot_Baby)

sherenesheep
08-06-2008, 12:22 AM
so though i work with shell then
i dun have tp pay back the fees rite..??

as long as u are NOT workin with petronas, then u hav to pay them bak... so work for shell, hav to pay bak.. work for schlumberger, hav to pay bak.... etc

Desmond_90
08-06-2008, 02:12 AM
hey, are u going UTP this july 12 2008... yeah i'm a boy.... are u chinese a??? lolz...

Hey guys, i'm a going to be UTP student for the july intake foundation this year... well, july 12 come faster bit la... i so damn boring at home di... haiz... but now even i haven enter the UTP, i already start worry what if Petronas didnt find me a job... o the job didnt find me o vica-versa... haiz... so damn worry bout that...

well, since i'm a going to be student there this are my detail:
Name: Denson
Programme: Foundation for engineering
Degree for electronic and electrical engineering
Races: Chinese
Sex: Boy...
Height...: (seriously need to know that detail o not)... i dont suppose so.. lolz

Well, here is a list of question: (plz answer me lo really need it)

1) well, i called up UTP for days coz no 1 picking up the fon, when i ask them, what v suppose to wear at class and that fella told me that no jeans are allow... shirts with collar... is tat necessary?

2) from what i read from UTP website, i find out that the internet speed over there can reach till 15mbps... student can acess internet with their student ID no... student can also use the ID no to acess to the net at any TMnet hotspot... and i also do some research and realise that there where internet coverage over 50+ place at UTP... Is all that true???

3) is the security there safe? i might bring my laptop... i scare later i go class come bak then my laptop say bye bye di...

4)jz to comform... where is the foundation kiddo stay a? new hostel or the old 1??? plz dont say the old 1... sux.... went there b4 4 educamp and stay there...

5) the toilet (to be polite the rest room, haha) is 1 floor all share o 1 room each got own toilet???

6)how v go to class from our hostel a? coz fr my exp at educamp... must sit bus... i still remember v miss the bus and have to walk there... kesian...

7) a..... how to put it... erm... is the hostel air-conditioned??? hehe... coz fr wat i read from the post jz now... u guys say UTP very hot a???? i'll sweat like hell if it is too hot... haha

hehe, i think tat's all my question... hope u all can answer and sorry lo, if this kinnda question i ask made u felt silly... sorry... I really dont wanna call Petronas and UTP-registrar department di... once they hear my voice know who i am already... haha...

oh ya, 1 more thing i would like to ask... wat is the different between a scholarhip and a sponshorship a??? (biasiswa dan penanjaan) coz i got sponsorship o... who got scholarship de???

sherenesheep
08-06-2008, 02:48 PM
1) well, i called up UTP for days coz no 1 picking up the fon, when i ask them, what v suppose to wear at class and that fella told me that no jeans are allow... shirts with collar... is tat necessary?

2) from what i read from UTP website, i find out that the internet speed over there can reach till 15mbps... student can acess internet with their student ID no... student can also use the ID no to acess to the net at any TMnet hotspot... and i also do some research and realise that there where internet coverage over 50+ place at UTP... Is all that true???

3) is the security there safe? i might bring my laptop... i scare later i go class come bak then my laptop say bye bye di...

4)jz to comform... where is the foundation kiddo stay a? new hostel or the old 1??? plz dont say the old 1... sux.... went there b4 4 educamp and stay there...

5) the toilet (to be polite the rest room, haha) is 1 floor all share o 1 room each got own toilet???

6)how v go to class from our hostel a? coz fr my exp at educamp... must sit bus... i still remember v miss the bus and have to walk there... kesian...

7) a..... how to put it... erm... is the hostel air-conditioned??? hehe... coz fr wat i read from the post jz now... u guys say UTP very hot a???? i'll sweat like hell if it is too hot... haha

hehe, i think tat's all my question... hope u all can answer and sorry lo, if this kinnda question i ask made u felt silly... sorry... I really dont wanna call Petronas and UTP-registrar department di... once they hear my voice know who i am already... haha...

oh ya, 1 more thing i would like to ask... wat is the different between a scholarhip and a sponshorship a??? (biasiswa dan penanjaan) coz i got sponsorship o... who got scholarship de???

1. walao eh.. my fren over there has been wearing jeans to class everyday... haha mayb first few days knt, then after that can slack lo..

3. security shud be ok gua.. my fren has not lost anything der... but u hav to register ur laptop der.. security purposes i think..

5. each floor shares one toilet... not such luck as to each room havin their own toilets...

6. u can drive to class, if u hav car... or buy a bike... it mite be far for u to walk... good exercise tho :P

7. of cos no air-cond.. wer got so nice de... haha

B.T.SengYee
08-06-2008, 03:54 PM
hey, are u going UTP this july 12 2008... yeah i'm a boy.... are u chinese a??? lolz...

Hey guys, i'm a going to be UTP student for the july intake foundation this year... well, july 12 come faster bit la... i so damn boring at home di... haiz... but now even i haven enter the UTP, i already start worry what if Petronas didnt find me a job... o the job didnt find me o vica-versa... haiz... so damn worry bout that...

well, since i'm a going to be student there this are my detail:
Name: Denson
Programme: Foundation for engineering
Degree for electronic and electrical engineering
Races: Chinese
Sex: Boy...
Height...: (seriously need to know that detail o not)... i dont suppose so.. lolz

Well, here is a list of question: (plz answer me lo really need it)

hye denson..
erm..
i m going to utp this july..
ya..
i m chinese..
erm...
i tot all will get panajaan..
coz if u are not selected to work with petronas after u finish ur degree..
then the penajaan will turn to pinjaman boleh ubah..
jz as stated in ur agreement that has 4 copies that was sent to u b4..
if u r working with petronas..
the sponsorship will turn to scholarship..
bt if u r not working with petornas..
u have to pay all the fees baack within 14 days after petronas infrm u that they dun wan to hire u...
if i m not mistaken..
this is wat i understnd from the agreement
________
Buy new condo in Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

easternC
09-06-2008, 10:36 AM
ya ~ i'm home ~ lols ~ whaahah so many Q.. u all worry too much wahahahhaha dont la... later u all going old faster... and where got air-cond in your rum... wahahhaha some student even buy air purifier or extra stand fan for extra cool... lol... only got ceiling fan meh... ok back to the qs...

bout the job thing, when ur in final sem, there will be interview session for PETRONAS scholar. from there, they will determine, wheter the want to hire u or not. if ur R(Reccomended) u will hv the possibility to be hired within 6 months. if ur NR(not reccomended) u are allow to seek job elsewhere. beleive me, after 4 5 years here, u'll know what will u choose... heheheh ~

haiya didnt i tell u earlier bout the job.. wahaha u still got at least 5 years meh to worry bout job... after the job interview by petronas (and u have to wait few months for the result) there will be 2 result:

1 - Reccomended - This fella will possibly offered a job in petronas (u cant demand what job u want, u can just accept) within six month from your final semester result(+- la). If this fella wanna work somewhere else, can.. only after 6 months and PETRONAS still didnt offer u any job. If they offer within 6 months, and u say u dowan, u're considered as breach of contract (BOC). when u BOC, u hafta pay lumpsum all the money petronas gave u in 14 days.. wahahaha interesting is it? but if after 6 months no job offer from petronas, u can go elsewhere. after 6 months, if Petronas offer u a job, u can decide to accept or not to accept.. this time its not BOC.. but if u reject, u hafta pay according to your result...

2 - Not Reccomended - This one easier. you will not be offered any job position in petronas. u may seek for job elsewhere. and you only hafta pay you sponsorship according to your result. hahaha thats all.. lols...

so like u said, if u wanna work with shell, or any other company, make sure ur not reccomended in petronas... wahahha because then u need to pay back.. alot and in lump sum... and most popular + oil n gas company dont want to hire petronas student because of this contract.. hahaha poor us.. and petronas student mostlty very skillful.. they can apply at any big company and accepted.. that the good part of it.. so think wisely... rite now at this time... starting salary in petronas for fresh grad for executive position is MYR2510... hehehehe ok next qs

haha may be that fella that answer ur phone explain the attire for MAS (Minggu Aluan Siswa).. btw during class, hurm... once ur here u'll learn... but dont learn from foreigner.. hahah the pak guard dont compound them... hahaha u can say anything but thats the reality here... :P been there... ouh u can wear jeans, or any long pants with collared tshirt.. so dont worry bout the long sleeves... and shoes is a must for guys especially... hahaha and u must show ur ID card.. always...

hahaha that 15mbps BS.. u know what BS rite? lolS ~ ur lucky if u can get 10kbps.. wahhahahaha yes student can access to internet using few ways:
1 - Room - every room in new village,apply for village 1, 2 3 4 5(we dont call hostel here, thats so skool hahahhaa) got 1 connection to the internet.. so bring la ur rj45 direct cable along... lol ~
2 - Wifi - this onle scattered all over the place, the old village got this to all building... in new village, if ur room are lucky, ur'll get super fast wifi connection... if ur not lucky, wahahah none at all... but still got port for internet like option no 1.. ouh u can log in using ur id later.. u can ask the ITMS... remember this words... ITMS... hahha go bug them every day if ur internet connection slow.... bug like hell... ...remember k...
3 - Lab and library - lab and library using different line from hostel.. lalala if you know what i meant.. hahaa i doubt u know.. lol ~ btw the way, u can use library during nites and days and lab during days... library also got wifi...

security all over the world are almost the same.. depends on what sector... here? security will not standing rite infront of ur room guarding ur room... there were several cases regarding missing items and also money.. so use ur head instead blaming the guards... hahaha ouh last few weeks 1 room got broke into.. all sales money were lost... hahaha y? because he didnt close his windows... hahaha so if ur staying on ground floor, use ur head instead ur heart :P.. and dont trust strangers... hahaha some time they come for window shopping.. hahaha

hurm as far as i know, GUYS, some of it will staying at village 6.. hehe the one near the lake... haha the old one... and Ladies + some other extra guys may be, will staying fiiling up the Village 1 and Village 2... these 3 villages will have to share the restroom+bathroom according to the floor... hehehe dont blame us, blame them.. lol ~ only village 3 4 5 sorted like apartment style... 1 house 6 rooms 1 kitchen with a fridge and 1 large bathroom consist of 2 shower and 2 toilet and 3 sinks... hahaha there are laundry services at village 1 and village 5... and there are also washing machine that use coin to operate... Village 6 not really suck lar... the food also good there, the ambient also great... hahaha

answer already above... lols ~

hahaha only during educamp u can use bus,.. i use bus once only, when registration 4 years back.. lol ~ all the classes are within walk distance... and car not really advisable because short of parking and guards like to compound ur cars... wahahha i did tell already rite bout my roomate MYR2k++ compound? hahaha but if got cars then it will be easier for you go get the hell out of there to the nearest town... Taman Maju may be.. hahaha or Ipoh...

answered already.. NO wahahahhahahahahahaaaaa and its freaking hot.. believe me esp during july semester... hahahahahahahahahahaha...

Leon
09-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Hei easternC, can we choose our roommate? Is it just register together at the same time? How about the food there? Which food is delicious? How to score in our exam, any tips besides study hard?

easternC
09-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Hei easternC, can we choose our roommate? Is it just register together at the same time? How about the food there? Which food is delicious? How to score in our exam, any tips besides study hard?
food? huhu there are several cafe here... every village got its own cafe and 1 extra cafe at USM... USM is near the bank, u know rite, UTP was once shared with USM.. that one many2 years before... the food? hurm.. slightly better then food canteen... haha for me lar... and the fuite juice was cheap... like rm1 for fresh orange... hahahah ~ i was staying at village 5... so normally i ate at village 3 and village 4.. the choices are more, there are also western food there, steak, lamb chop chiken cop cop cop cop... hahaha ~ price? for me reasonable i think... hehehe 500 a month is enough.. and they sell all halal food only... i can survive, y cant u? hahahaha plus i went out to ipoh very often... hahaha ~

how to score exam? score ur coursework... seriously its like 50-50 or 60-40 according to what subject ur taken or what lecturer teaching u... er 50-50 mean, 50 coursework, 50 exam... hahaha so if u already score ur coursework, so exam u can relax abit... hehehe ~

Leon
09-06-2008, 01:01 PM
So are u a malay? When lecture we must wear black shoes right? Can we wear sports shoes?

abuzar
09-06-2008, 01:16 PM
hey...can we choose our roommates?

easternC
09-06-2008, 02:51 PM
roomates? thats depends on luck... hahaha because on first sem, i dont really mind with whom i'm staying (luckily he is good, wahahhaa).. but the next sem, u can register together with ur selected roomate (if there is room avail, if not, they'll just put u to fill the room)

shoe? any shoe can do... hahaha i wore only black during my FYP presentation.. that only because i got black leather only... hahahah ~ its not that strict in here... u'll learn when u get here...

btw, if u wanna find something porky2, u can find it area tronoh... theres a lot good restaurant there... outside UTP also got restaurants, in case ur bored with UTP foods(i do, hahaha)... and some kedai runcit and pasar malam(Wednesday nite) at taman maju... if u need kfc, pizza or marry brown, the closest one is at batu gajah.. hahah and closest mcd is at medan gopeng, ipoh... :P mamak also got alot around UTP, dont worry u'll get use to everything here... hahaha

anything more?

abuzar
09-06-2008, 02:57 PM
ok guys..hw do u guys go to teronoh from klia?if u dont mind...can u share?

B.T.SengYee
09-06-2008, 04:25 PM
hye easternc..
u said b4 that if we have to pay back if we didnt work with petronas.
n the amaun is based on our result..
so u mean getting a gud result will require u to pay a small amaun of money rite..
n then bout the roomates stuff..
i alredy have 1 frenz that wanna to be my roomate..
can we be in a same room in the 1st sem...
________
Head shop (http://headshop.net/)

sherenesheep
09-06-2008, 10:19 PM
ok guys..hw do u guys go to teronoh from klia?if u dont mind...can u share?

zzzzzz i tot i told u about it already??

Desmond_90
10-06-2008, 12:11 AM
hey thanks easternC... well, i'm now hoping the times fly... COZ IT IS SO BORING AT HOME... haiz... lolz.... herm, i wanna ask ha, UTP bus main purpose 4 wat 1??? fetching student around campus o outside campus... or jz park there 4 decoration?

oh ya wanna ask... if i go campus fr ipoh train can a??? coz i stay at Klang, selangor(worst traffic ever), can sit train to ipoh then sit bus to UTP a?

easternC
10-06-2008, 11:30 AM
yeay good morning ~

from klia? hurm... may be u can use triton bus straight to i poh(abi expensive) but save ur time. then from ipoh can use taxi... ithink total up these both transport will hit rm100 (i said may be) u just said to the taxi drive, UTP... the price range was around 40-50 uhuhhu but that b4 the price shoot to rm2.70.. hehe so nego gao gao lar ~

UTP bus main purpose? 1st student events which go outside, can like, rent thebussess... then every wenesday the buses will bring student(international student mostly) to pasar malam at taman maju... hahaha... the bus wont be use inside the university... hey UTP small meh... its just freaking hot... hahaha ~

about paying back... u only pay back to petronas according to your result if and only if, you are NOT RECCOMENDED... if ur RECCOMENDED, u have to pay in lump sum within 14 days if u BOC... read again my post before... i think i explain quit detail... huhu ~

train? hurm.. u can use train, then when u reah ipoh rail station, just jump in any taxi and tel the driver ur going to UTP... hurm.. last time i reach ipoh using train is at midnite.. hahaha ~ i dont really know how to use train actually...

abuzar
10-06-2008, 11:43 AM
i know triton bus...but most probably i would use train haahh...sorry shereneshhep if my question annoy u.lol

easternc:seems that u miss maths form 4...IF AND ONLY IF...lol...nice

easternC
10-06-2008, 11:50 AM
hahaaahaha not really.. u will use that again here... :P why use train? i think that will involve more walking and changing station... if i'mnot mistaken, fromklia, u hafta take the klia expressway to kl central, then go to train counter... then hafta wait for the train summore... the in train, its freakng taking time... hahaha if ur planning like that, so i cant say anything ler... :D good luck to u all.. hahahahaha

abuzar
10-06-2008, 11:54 AM
no...coz i am afraid of the safety...u know.but u are always using triton?

easternC
10-06-2008, 12:01 PM
not me... but my girlfriend... and she alone... hahahahah i think triton quit good lar... + very comfortable... the bus really clean summore... when u reach medan gopeng, no need worry lar... its not like puduraya...

B.T.SengYee
10-06-2008, 12:07 PM
haha..
btw thnx easternc.
nw i get it..
so jz wanna ask many of petronas stdnt will get recommended...
most of them will get or wat...
________
Zoloft Class Action Lawsuit (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

easternC
10-06-2008, 12:16 PM
dont really worry bout that... mostly got recommended... just study first... ur interview for working still long way to go.. so who knows what will happen next 5 years... may be petronas oil finish edi... wahahah ~

Leon
10-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Wao u noe ur gf in UTP??? Are u a malay or chinese? No way oil cn finish in 5 years time la, choi.......Lolz

Another thing I wish to ask is that must we type out the first page of the surat perjanjian? Coz the lampiran stated "sila taip seperti contoh dan tulis menggunakan pen berwarna hitam". Pls help me to confirm thx.

easternC
10-06-2008, 10:29 PM
that one i'm not sure what to type.. its been long time ago... i think nothing i had typed... hahaha just fill in using black pen only.. may be u can try to call appropriate person to assist u... :D

UTP from top view
(http://wikimapia.org/#lat=4.3832328&lon=100.9717369&z=16&l=0&m=a)

hellomyfriend
10-06-2008, 11:18 PM
If I don't have car motor then I have to take bus to Ipoh... UTP bus got bring students to Ipoh at weekend? Or have to wait for other bus outside? Cuz, I want to go Ipoh visit friend and maybe also watch movies and jalan... haha...

B.T.SengYee
11-06-2008, 02:01 AM
oil finish in 5 years..??
haha..
then gud la..
chem eng is useful to invent "OIL"
haha...
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

wendy191
11-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Can any senior explain the difference between lectures, tutorials, practicals, course work and laboratory work ? Besides,is the schedule in UTP really tight? Thanks in advance.

easternC
12-06-2008, 01:19 PM
If I don't have car motor then I have to take bus to Ipoh... UTP bus got bring students to Ipoh at weekend? Or have to wait for other bus outside? Cuz, I want to go Ipoh visit friend and maybe also watch movies and jalan... haha...

there will be general buses outside... but their operations ends like until 6 @<hidden> 7 in the evening... haha i only use it once, that was on the first time going to ipoh, after that my colleague brought his car.. whahaha UTP bus? no such service... hehehe

Can any senior explain the difference between lectures, tutorials, practicals, course work and laboratory work ? Besides,is the schedule in UTP really tight? Thanks in advance.

lecture is when u go to class to listen to what lecturer say... hahaha have u been to UTP? normally lecture held in pocket D or pocket C, depending on how big is the class size is...

tutorial is smaller group of classes... this will do exercise, or deeper discussion regarding topic or subject that hv been thought... and how to learn more thing or learn about tools such as matlab or autocad...

lab? the name explain it already... if u got experiment or anything that involving lab, that will call lab... engineering student normally will wear lab coat to go to lab... while technology student lab session focusing on computer.... lab work may be, i'm not in the right spot to explain in, but in my programme, lab work will given base on ur behavior at lab.. like how u participate in the lab... pr something like that...

course work? if lecturer give assingment, do it... if lecturer give project, do it... dont skip class, because some class got attandance point... dont skip class also, because USUALLY lecturer do Pop Quiz... go to your test 1 and test 2... all that will convert into point and sum up as ur course work... hehehehe if u got good lectuerer, they wont be too strict... ^__^

Leon
12-06-2008, 05:18 PM
What is pocket C and D? Class name? Will you feel very stress during foundation years? Can I know more details about the sports facilities in UTP? Like how many bbal court, football field,etc......After lecture cn we go there and do we need any permission or procedure b4 going there? Besides, can we swim at the swimming pool, need to pay?

abuzar
12-06-2008, 05:29 PM
ok in short,is life at utp hard?

easternC
12-06-2008, 07:33 PM
What is pocket C and D? Class name? Will you feel very stress during foundation years? Can I know more details about the sports facilities in UTP? Like how many bbal court, football field,etc......After lecture cn we go there and do we need any permission or procedure b4 going there? Besides, can we swim at the swimming pool, need to pay?

I was just wondering if you could tell me some details about the swimming pool. lastly, does UTP have gym?

Also, i was wondering if you would be so kind as to give me your opinion on the standard of the students at UTP. (Really brilliant, like 4.0CGPA, straight A`s)

haha actually i'm graduating... just happened to see that thread last week and no body really reply to the questions... btw there is a 25 metres short course swimming pool and its open like everyday except weekend but split session between guys and women.. like every monday tuesday and thursday is for guys and on wed and fri for ladies... there is also gym there, but the equipment not really well maintained... if i'm not mistaken the schedule is like, monday weds and fri for guys and tues and thurs for girls... gym also open on weekend... i dont think there is swimming team in UTP, but if ur going to enter any outside competition, u can also use UTP name... u can ask sport unit later regarding this issue...

standard of utp student? thats a very wide question and i dont think i'm in the right spot to answer that... but its not possible to excel in ur academic here... like i said before if u can score ur coursework, then ur final exam really2 less burden on u.. and foundation CGPA wont be carry over to undergraduate.. it will be reset and u can start over...

feel free to ask me..

* i just quote from my private msg... ahahhaa

Leon
12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Ya there are very few students from utp replying this thread haiz. Thats y this thread is not so active. EasternC, I think u are the only person answering all the questions haha. Is there a tv in each village?

hellomyfriend
12-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the info. Btw, what do students normally do there when they're not studying? I know all people do different things, but generally, what do they do during free time? Play online games? Sports? Or is there hardly any free time:(?

And how's IT in foundation year? I'm taking it too. Is it very hard? And does one need to be active in co-curricular stuff? And how active are the clubs/societies there anyway?

So many questions, haha... Hope you can answer all of them:)

sherenesheep
12-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the info. Btw, what do students normally do there when they're not studying? I know all people do different things, but generally, what do they do during free time? Play online games? Sports? Or is there hardly any free time:(?

And how's IT in foundation year? I'm taking it too. Is it very hard? And does one need to be active in co-curricular stuff? And how active are the clubs/societies there anyway?

foundation kids hav to take kk activities, but it will be only for the 1st semester.. come 2nd semester, der will be no kk activities for u guys.. but wen u reach 1st year degree, ur kk activities will continue...

easternC
12-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Ya there are very few students from utp replying this thread haiz. Thats y this thread is not so active. EasternC, I think u are the only person answering all the questions haha. Is there a tv in each village?

as far as i remember... the cafes got tv and may be 1 block got 1 tv at the common room... its really rare for me to watch tv at the common room...

hahaha if ur staying here u'll know what they do... there are alot of activities here.. student always organize events and u can join to get certificate and also acknowledgement...such as euphonious, convofair, tec, recmo, edx bla bla bla... hahah a lot.. believe me..
during free time? hahaha there are alot things u can do.. there is dota bnet server, ragnarok server, wow server, cs server, mirc server, dc++ server kampung5 forum server... hahha u can choose to do what here... ahaks

the sportcomplex here quit ok for me, there is 1 basketball court, few volley ball court, 5 tennis court, a huge recrational park for jogging and jalan2... hahaahahaha.. there are also squash, badminton courts... gym and also swimming pool... hehehe...

foundation kids hav to take kk activities, but it will be only for the 1st semester.. come 2nd semester, der will be no kk activities for u guys.. but wen u reach 1st year degree, ur kk activities will continue...

yes like sherenesheep said, foundation only have to take 1 subject as kk.. then another 2 during ur undergraduate... hehehe ~

hellomyfriend
16-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Are students at Petronas normally closely knit? Or it's like colleges where you just mix with your own friends? And can you give a more detailed description of the type of activities which are organized by students in Petronas?

How are the Village accommodations like? What kind of basic facilities are there in the apartments? Like, for example, can boil water there? Is it a long walk from living place to go to lab/lecture hall?

Like I said, so many questions. Hope you can help me. Really appreciate you previous posts as they were very informative.

B.T.SengYee
17-06-2008, 12:17 AM
yes like sherenesheep said, foundation only have to take 1 subject as kk.. then another 2 during ur undergraduate... hehehe ~[/QUOTE]

the subject u mean is like a sport..
so we can choose...??
is there any bowling club in utp..
i saw bowling tournament held at ipoh parade last time organised by utp...
UTP booked the whole bowling centre there...
n then..
how many subject we have to take if we r taking foundation in engineering...???
________
Live sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Desmond_90
17-06-2008, 02:39 PM
WAH... y this forumn not active 1..... very de boring la.... july faster come july 12 faster come... haha... lol

abuzar
18-06-2008, 01:35 PM
yeah, cant wait for july 11(i am leaving from miri on july 11)

youngyew
19-06-2008, 05:09 PM
yes there is internet connection der.. u can go online in ur room, but they block sites lik msn and youtube (u can ask the seniors there how to unblock it!!)

yes there is a notebook allowance... if u do well in ur first sem, petronas will giv u money to buy one... my fren in utp said if u already hav one, u can ask them to reimburse u...

there are no specific hostel/blocks for foundation students.. all mixed together with the seniors...
but 2nd year degree students get to stay in apartments outside campus....

yes u have to join clubs and stuff.. as to how active one must be, i'm not sure...

kk activities are mostly on saturdays... so sunday is kinda lik a free day (whole day off)... mostly u hav class everyday, depending on ur timetable...

Fynn (http://www.recom.org/forum/member.php?u=9328) posted this:

hi,nice to know you!
i will be utp student soon!
so i would like to know more about the utp's life...
-if i want to go out from the campus during weekend, is there any transport for us like buses o taxi?
- is there any shops selling daily needs? o we need to go out to buy?
- is it inconvenient if we dont have our personal transport in campus? is there any buses for us in order to go study o back to our own hostel?
Thanks 4 reply!

Fynn
19-06-2008, 05:13 PM
hi,nice to know you all!
-if i want to go out from the campus during weekend, is there any transport for us like buses o taxi?
- is it inconvenient if we dont have our personal transport in campus? is there any buses for us in order to go study o back to our own hostel?
Thanks 4 reply!

wendy191
19-06-2008, 11:08 PM
hi,nice to know you all!
Thanks 4 reply!

Pls read the pages of replies before you ask these questions.You'll get a lot more info and a better picture of UTP's life.

Fynn
20-06-2008, 03:38 PM
hi, wendy!
nice to know you !
Are u going to utp this coming july?

B.T.SengYee
20-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Pls read the pages of replies before you ask these questions.You'll get a lot more info and a better picture of UTP's life.

ya fynn..
all those replies will make u understand the life in utp so that we as the newcomers know wat to do inside there
________
The Cliff Condos (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Fynn
21-06-2008, 12:52 PM
hi, B.T.SengYee.Wat course do you take?Where re u come from?
Thanks 4 ur chance...

B.T.SengYee
21-06-2008, 05:13 PM
erm..
chem eng
phg..
wat bout u
thats my signature not wat i said to u..
dun get it wrong
________
SexyPregnantGirl (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SexyPregnantGirl)

Fynn
22-06-2008, 12:25 PM
i am taking e&e eng....

Desmond_90
22-06-2008, 11:45 PM
ya, got someone same course wth me di,... i also took e@<hidden> hehe....

Fynn
24-06-2008, 11:54 AM
ya, got someone same course wth me di,... i also took e@<hidden> hehe....
really? nice to meet you! where do you come from? u got oversea course o local? anyway i finaaly find someone same course with me.....

B.T.SengYee
24-06-2008, 02:44 PM
u can find many ppl that take the courses like u in the chat forum there..
there are a list there
________
Bubbler Pipe (http://bubblers.net/)

Desmond_90
24-06-2008, 02:59 PM
lol... me is also a going to be UTPian.... haha.... i from Selangor lo... hehe ... haiz.... hey u're a gal o boy 1st??? Fynn i think is.... erm... no idea.... hehe lolz

tomatoinc
25-06-2008, 12:42 PM
UTP sucks....just kidding. apart from being in the middle of nowhere...UTP is awesome!

mont blanc
26-06-2008, 01:15 AM
hello hello!
im goin this 12th july, taking civil engin, under mara.
a malay, female.
17 goin on 18. hehhe who else yaa?

hm, are the petronas + mara + other scholars going to enroll on the same day, july 12 2008?

omg i have lotsa questions, nervous + excited too!

ok are the notes usually given in the form of doc. files (computer like what u call it? soft copy hard copy i dont know.. LOL) like u HAVE to have a thumbdrive in order the get the notes from the lecturer kan?

because i was actually in uia for the past 2 and a half weeks, and i received the offer this past weekend, which probably means it's the 2nd intake and im not a petronas scholar. so in uia, that's how they pass the notes, i dont know lah if that's how it is for other universities.

need the answer before going so that can buy one here, dont know where to get one in perak. hehe surprise surprise yup i dont own a thumb drive. used to own an external drive but it's broken, so sad, all my high school photos were in there! hm..

plus im thinking of buying a laptop too.
just out of my curiosity, are macbook and sony vaio compatible? hm, i suppose macbook wont have any problems when it comes to wifi but what about for presentations, assignments and stuff?

please please help! much appreciation in advance..

oh when i was in uia, the orientation week was hectic like crazy, like be mentally & physically prepared just for the first week, have to wake up at 5am and then there were so many briefings regarding the uni, security discipline finance etc. there were also placement tests, like computer exemption test, english placement test, arabic placement tests and fardhu ain placement test.

##will there be any placement tests in utp?

and they only let us go back to our rooms at 12 and lights are off at 12.15. dont even have the time to wash up. i was so stressed and homesick lagi tu. even though i live in shah alam and the foundation centre is in pj, so near. hehe but then after the orientation week (they call it the taaruf week) everything went back to normal like u're not being pushed around and u can take ur time showering, eating etc.

i read in previous posts saying orientation week is also "torture week" so i guess im going to have to go through it all over again haa.

i dont know why im telling u guys about uia but haha just asking, will it be too hectic like during the 1st week i was sooo depressed.. ;/

Desmond_90
26-06-2008, 02:12 AM
hello hello!
a malay, female.

hm, are the petronas + mara + other scholars going to enroll on the same day, july 12 2008?

ok are the notes usually given in the form of doc. files (computer like what u call it? soft copy hard copy i dont know.. LOL) like u HAVE to have a thumbdrive in order the get the notes from the lecturer kan?

because i was actually in uia for the past 2 and a half weeks, and i received the offer this past weekend, which probably means it's the 2nd intake and im not a petronas scholar. so in uia, that's how they pass the notes, i dont know lah if that's how it is for other universities.

need the answer before going so that can buy one here, dont know where to get one in perak. hehe surprise surprise yup i dont own a thumb drive. used to own an external drive but it's broken, so sad, all my high school photos were in there! hm..

just out of my curiosity, are macbook and sony vaio compatible? hm, i suppose macbook wont have any problems when it comes to wifi but what about for presentations, assignments and stuff?

oh when i was in uia, the orientation week was hectic like crazy, like be mentally & physically prepared just for the first week, have to wake up at 5am and then there were so many briefings regarding the uni, security discipline finance etc. there were also placement tests, like computer exemption test, english placement test, arabic placement tests and fardhu ain placement test.

and they only let us go back to our rooms at 12 and lights are off at 12.15. dont even have the time to wash up. i was so stressed and homesick lagi tu. even though i live in shah alam and the foundation centre is in pj, so near. hehe but then after the orientation week (they call it the taaruf week) everything went back to normal like u're not being pushed around and u can take ur time showering, eating etc.

i read in previous posts saying orientation week is also "torture week" so i guess im going to have to go through it all over again haa.

i dont know why im telling u guys about uia but haha just asking, will it be too hectic like during the 1st week i was sooo depressed.. ;/

Oh hi, well, i under Petronas Sponsorship...
I'm taking electronic and electrical engineering.... at UTP.... haha
I'm a chinese Boy.... hehe.....

ERm.... most of the question i cant really answer u coz myself also a bit blur... not a bit... is very blur... lolz... seriously, orientation got so turtored a??? ERm, anyway wat is UIA a? well, i hear my friends from UTAR also same asUIA ... required thumbdrive to download from net for homework something like tat i not really that clear la... lolz

Wake up 5am in the morning ... O.o" if really wake up at that type of hour in the morning, i may sleep in the bath room... lolz hopefully it dont happen at UTP lo...

erm, laptop le, i recommend u not to buy so good 1 lo.... coz since we are new and we do not know the situation there... well, i'll be bringing laptop but is acer 1.... hehe.... coz sony and apple ... how to put it.... erm, make people think tat was an expensive laptop, something like tat... macbook and sony a???? well, macbook good is tat..... erm... no comment... O.o" well, sony is also... well, ok lo.... bt when u talk about wifi and presentation stuff like tat is must see the specification of the laptop and not the name of the manufacturer...

HA? wat is placement test.... erm, if test le, for petronas holder already undergo it di lo... coz during the interview week o the so call educamp we did like lots of test already... hehe....

wow, u stay at shah alam... yeah we came from the same state...but i stay further a bit... klang... hehe... haiz, at pj homesick then go perak lagi teruk lah tu... hehe....

hellomyfriend
26-06-2008, 12:13 PM
For UTP students there, is it an absolute must to have a laptop there from the very beginning or can I buy later? Meaning, is it necessary to have a laptop in foundation year?

B.T.SengYee
26-06-2008, 03:19 PM
For UTP students there, is it an absolute must to have a laptop there from the very beginning or can I buy later? Meaning, is it necessary to have a laptop in foundation year?

i dun think so..
coz there are labs there for us to do work esp english which is taken formthe net..
n nid to be print out n compile it in a file to submit..
bt then my frenz said it had become a dota cc...
haha.

so it u can dun care those disturbance...
sure no nid to buy n use the lab 1...

hello hello!
a malay, female.

haha..
my fren also got utp under mara for chemical eng...
n he is also will enter utp this 12 july..
same as petronas scholar...
haha..
________
HEAT GUN VAPORIZOR (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/)

tomatoinc
26-06-2008, 08:43 PM
UTP rocks mate...friends u made there are friends you made for life ...(though same can be said for many other places)....being isolated in a desolated campus helps foster that kind of close relationship. Unlike crappy klang valley colleges, where half the students stay with the rich parents at home, UTPians have a "utopian" classless state.

the villages are nice now. it' used to be just shoplots (back in my days) lol. and it's not that far from the lecture halls....some distance nevertheless..

mont blanc
26-06-2008, 09:21 PM
so is it really unnecessary for foundation studies students to bring laptop? but thumbdrive is a must right?

my mom already told me that she can only come visit ONCE a month, it's a long ride from kl to tronoh, and considering the price of minyakkk.. aduii..

B.T.SengYee
27-06-2008, 08:47 AM
so is it really unnecessary for foundation studies students to bring laptop? but thumbdrive is a must right?

my mom already told me that she can only come visit ONCE a month, it's a long ride from kl to tronoh, and considering the price of minyakkk.. aduii..

erm..
not necessary..
i think..
erm.
bt thumbdrive for sure..
haha..
u r damn lucky to have parents to visit u...
kl to tronoh is lots better then jb to tronoh...
________
Headshop (http://headshop.net/)

mont blanc
27-06-2008, 02:50 PM
B.T.Seng Yee, wow jb huh? then the lebuhraya UTARA SELATAN is really for you to use. LOL

B.T.SengYee
28-06-2008, 12:17 AM
B.T.Seng Yee, wow jb huh? then the lebuhraya UTARA SELATAN is really for you to use. LOL

haha..
i m not from jb..
jz say ony la..
compared to those stay jb.
u r much more lucky la..
there are ppl from srwk n sbh..
they are more pity..
btw..
ur mom really nice..
visit u every month
________
Vaporizer-Info (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)

abuzar
28-06-2008, 01:28 PM
how about comparing those who live in miri,sarawak?lol

B.T.SengYee
28-06-2008, 05:19 PM
haha..
thats y i said so.
abuzar
________
AVANDIA CLASSACTION (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)

mont blanc
29-06-2008, 08:13 PM
desmond, just out of my curiosity, what panel were u in during educamp? because if my memory's still fresh i think one of my "panel mates" is called desmond, and from klang also i think..... hmmm

easternC
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
hhahaha i havent been here for two weeks, lotsa new people here alredy... hahaha hope u all will hv fun there... if u really can adapt, UTP will be a great place for you... :P if u know how to hv fun ;)

hellomyfriend
02-07-2008, 01:28 AM
EasternC, can you give more info on internet connection there? What is it like surfing in our own rooms? How bout WiFi coverage throughout the university? And how does the mIRC network really work? Is it true that the library is the best place to surf the net? How does file-sharing work there?

In short, where/how do I get the best internet connection possible in UTP!!!???

Lol, question over. Hope you can help me, as always.

And btw, as I asked earlier, is it necessary to have a laptop in foundation year? Not to mention, I may get bored easily if I don't have a laptop there (need some entertainment/relaxation mah). :)

B.T.SengYee
02-07-2008, 03:03 PM
hahah..
really laptop is for fun la..
huhuh..
________
0YourAshley cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/0YourAshley)

bonidee
02-07-2008, 05:58 PM
helloo
i'm enrolling this july too :w00t
got some questions tho, are the girls suppose to wear baju kurung on registration day?
and what about during the whole orientation week? :???:

B.T.SengYee
03-07-2008, 12:26 AM
ha...??
baju kurung..
depends la..
c wat religion u are...??
dun tell me chinese n india n other non bumi have to wear that...????
________
ELECTRIFIEDLOVE (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/electrifiedlove)

pd_zul
03-07-2008, 07:47 AM
waa..
so long i did not visit recom since i enter utp on july06..
hi all..
for the new comers,hope to see u all in utp..
be prepared for MAS(minggu aluan siswa)..
hehe..hope u all enjoy it..

B.T.SengYee
03-07-2008, 04:39 PM
waa..
so long i did not visit recom since i enter utp on july06..
hi all..
for the new comers,hope to see u all in utp..
be prepared for MAS(minggu aluan siswa)..
hehe..hope u all enjoy it..

haha..
gud then..
i can ask u smthng..
hows the MAS..??
white collar long sleeve shirt all the time...???
suffering...?????
________
How To Make Homemade Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/)

bonidee
03-07-2008, 06:31 PM
ha...??
baju kurung..
depends la..
c wat religion u are...??
dun tell me chinese n india n other non bumi have to wear that...????

i mean, for malay girls lah :laugh

pd_zul
03-07-2008, 11:28 PM
haha..
gud then..
i can ask u smthng..
hows the MAS..??
white collar long sleeve shirt all the time...???
suffering...?????

there will be lots of activities..quite packed..
most of the time u can wear smart casual..
suffering???haha..dont worry..enjoy it..:D

B.T.SengYee
04-07-2008, 12:10 AM
i mean, for malay girls lah :laugh

haha..
if malay then sure better wear la..
look more cute...
haha...

there will be lots of activities..quite packed..
most of the time u can wear smart casual..
suffering???haha..dont worry..enjoy it..:D

erhhhhhhhh...
activities..???
dun tell me forum or ceramah like that..
damn bored..
i even slept when they talk during the edu camp..
haha..
again colllar cloths..
haiz...:(
________
Vaporizer Information (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)

sherenesheep
04-07-2008, 12:17 AM
hahah..
really laptop is for fun la..
huhuh..

i second that!!! huhuhu

B.T.SengYee
04-07-2008, 01:22 AM
i second that!!! huhuhu

second..?
mayb be turn the 1st soon.........:P
________
WATER BONG (http://glassbongs.org/)

JereMelvin
05-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Hey how bout irons? Do they supply irons in our rooms? The MAS have to wear WHITE long sleeve shirt ah? What if different color? I bought different2 color

silly_doneoh
06-07-2008, 02:06 AM
Hi there...

Im in desperate situation now... ive forgotten my exam id, n the problem is,... i think ive lost my exam slip, n oso the attendance slips....What can i do??? how can i check back my exam id??? plz help me.......

B.T.SengYee
06-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Hey how bout irons? Do they supply irons in our rooms? The MAS have to wear WHITE long sleeve shirt ah? What if different color? I bought different2 color

no..
UTP didnt supply iron..
u have to bring urself...
white shirt.
based on jan intake...
they ony wear that for the registration day..
other are mostly smart casual..
bt its still u still wanna bring it....

Hi there...

Im in desperate situation now... ive forgotten my exam id, n the problem is,... i think ive lost my exam slip, n oso the attendance slips....What can i do??? how can i check back my exam id??? plz help me.......

Y u nid exam id...???dun get it...
________
EndlessJoy cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/EndlessJoy)

abuzar
06-07-2008, 07:04 PM
about the MAS,do we need to wear it all along the week? or only he registration day?

pd_zul
06-07-2008, 07:30 PM
we need exam id to check our exam result..

HayabuSa
06-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi there...

hmm..i can suggest one way..can u remember who sat in front of you or behind you during the exam? if so, then u can ask for their exam ID. then you can guess your ID or try and error. hehe

EasternC, can you give more info on internet connection there? What is it like surfing in our own rooms? How bout WiFi coverage throughout the university? And how does the mIRC network really work? Is it true that the library is the best place to surf the net? How does file-sharing work there?

In short, where/how do I get the best internet connection possible in UTP!!!???

Lol, question over. Hope you can help me, as always.

And btw, as I asked earlier, is it necessary to have a laptop in foundation year? Not to mention, I may get bored easily if I don't have a laptop there (need some entertainment/relaxation mah). :)

i think EasternC is away so let me help you with this.

1) About internet connection in UTP, most of the time it sucks and annoying. The so-called broadband connection breaks down very often. About internet in your room, you can use either Wi-Fi or LAN connection. Wi-Fi connection is useless most of the time (good signal strength but still can't surf the web). For LAN, it is fast enough for you to check your emails, surf the web and chatting. And you can use LAN to download numerous movies, mp3s, etc etc through DC++ (similar to LimeWire or Kazaa) with super fast rate. For example, mp3 file approx 5MB can be downloaded for just 3 secs.

2) You can get the best internet connection in IRC or CALL Lab. Wi-Fi is most useful in IRC

3) Laptop? In my opinion, you seriously need it for entertainment. For assignments and course work, you have choices like IRC or Call Lab.

Hope i've elaborated long enough. :))

B.T.SengYee
06-07-2008, 11:47 PM
about the MAS,do we need to wear it all along the week? or only he registration day?

erm..
my fren that went there b4 said no nid..
jz have to wear it during registeration.
then others all smart casual..
i m thinking not bringing anymore extra white shirt except for the 1 that i m going wear.
wat u think abuzar...

hmm..i can suggest one way..can u remember who sat in front of you or behind you during the exam? if so, then u can ask for their exam ID. then you can guess your ID or try and error. hehe

i think EasternC is away so let me help you with this.

1) About internet connection in UTP, most of the time it sucks and annoying. The so-called broadband connection breaks down very often. About internet in your room, you can use either Wi-Fi or LAN connection. Wi-Fi connection is useless most of the time (good signal strength but still can't surf the web). For LAN, it is fast enough for you to check your emails, surf the web and chatting. And you can use LAN to download numerous movies, mp3s, etc etc through DC++ (similar to LimeWire or Kazaa) with super fast rate. For example, mp3 file approx 5MB can be downloaded for just 3 secs.

2) You can get the best internet connection in IRC or CALL Lab. Wi-Fi is most useful in IRC

3) Laptop? In my opinion, you seriously need it for entertainment. For assignments and course work, you have choices like IRC or Call Lab.

Hope i've elaborated long enough. :))

haha..
i tot Call Lab has been used as a DOTA game place...
huhu..
________
Class action lawsuit (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

HayabuSa
07-07-2008, 08:00 AM
yup, sometimes they're packed with ppl playing dota and CS. u can call it "free" cybercafe in UTP. lol

hellomyfriend
07-07-2008, 12:54 PM
This might be a stupid question :) but nevertheless... what/where is the call lab?

And is it better to bring iron there? So foundation year students stay at the building near the lake that was used for educamp also? If so, when will we move to a newer block?

pd_zul
07-07-2008, 01:55 PM
call lab is like what hayabusa said...it is like a cyber cafe in utp..u can print everything there..for foundation student..u all will use it quite a lot..call lab are near to the lecture hall at blok k if im not mistaken..

iron?its up to you..to me it is not necessary..

i also dun no about when u all will be move to new block..usually during undergrade u all will be move to the apartment..

B.T.SengYee
07-07-2008, 02:25 PM
yup, sometimes they're packed with ppl playing dota and CS. u can call it "free" cybercafe in UTP. lol

hahah..good also..
can have free play then..
no ppl guard at there...???

call lab is like what hayabusa said...it is like a cyber cafe in utp..u can print everything there..for foundation student..u all will use it quite a lot..call lab are near to the lecture hall at blok k if im not mistaken..

iron?its up to you..to me it is not necessary..

i also dun no about when u all will be move to new block..usually during undergrade u all will be move to the apartment..

so there are ony 1 call lab in utp...??
how many pc at there...
and then apartment n village..
what the diffrnce....???
________
LIVE SEX (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

HayabuSa
07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
This might be a stupid question :) but nevertheless... what/where is the call lab?

And is it better to bring iron there? So foundation year students stay at the building near the lake that was used for educamp also? If so, when will we move to a newer block?

-call lab is just near the lecture hall and it's quite hard to find at first. just ask around :)

-iron? depends on how neat u wanna dress.

-male foundation students will reside in V6 (formerly known as Old Village 5), and half of them will be transferred to village 1 or village 2 after one or two semesters, depends on the management. as for female students, they will reside in village 1/2 and will only be transferred to newer village (village 4/5) after 2 semesters.

hahah..good also..
can have free play then..
no ppl guard at there...???

so there are ony 1 call lab in utp...??
how many pc at there...
and then apartment n village..
what the diffrnce....???

-the lab technician and/or lecturer will be in the lab once in a while, just to check that everything is running smoothly. but after they "chow", the lab turn into cyber cafe back. lol

-nope, they are 3 call lab. 2 downstairs, 1 upstairs. one lab consists of more than 15 PCs (approx).

-for village 1, 2, and 6, the hostel is similiar to boarding school's dormitory (shared toilet, bathroom etc2). for village 3,4,5, it is like normal apartment, (have own apartment unit, pantry etc)

pd_zul
07-07-2008, 03:26 PM
there are 2 call lab if im not mistaken..haha..long time i dont go there..i think maybe around 25 pc..urm..village 3,4,5 are apartment..other village are like hostel..

hellomyfriend
07-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Wah, like that I must be terribly out of place there cuz i'm one of the few who doesn't play dota, lol... Got people play call of duty there? And can watch/download movies or tv shows with pcs in call lab? Is it open to everyone and what's the time frame like for using it?

HayabuSa
07-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Wah, like that I must be terribly out of place there cuz i'm one of the few who doesn't play dota, lol... Got people play call of duty there? And can watch/download movies or tv shows with pcs in call lab? Is it open to everyone and what's the time frame like for using it?

call of duty? never seen ppl playing it at call lab. PCs in call lab are mainly used for call lab assignments for English course. the connection is really fast, but for downloading(movies etc) purpose, i suggest u not to use it. P2P is blocked at call lab. u can download movies and tv shows at ur own room, if you stay in any village except village 6 (no LAN connection at V6).
call lab is open to everyone and there is no time frame or whatsoever. use it as long as you want, but i suggest u to be considerate to other students as well. :))

hellomyfriend
07-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Like that tough luck for foundation year students lo... cannot use internet in the room... Hope to get transferred to other villages as soon as possible...

What do people normally do there when free? Especially at night? Use laptop? Just asking... haha... wanna get an idea of how day to day life in utp is like.

Btw, how long have u been in utp?

HayabuSa
07-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Like that tough luck for foundation year students lo... cannot use internet in the room... Hope to get transferred to other villages as soon as possible...

What do people normally do there when free? Especially at night? Use laptop? Just asking... haha... wanna get an idea of how day to day life in utp is like.

Btw, how long have u been in utp?

-hmm..depends on type of ppl..activities that most of utp students do at night:
1) finish assignments (most important!)
2) go to sports complex (play basketball,futsal, volleyball etc etc)
3) watch movies/tv shows in their room
4) play computer games (dotA is most popular. utp has its own battle.net server)

fyi, i've been in utp for two semesters.

mont blanc
07-07-2008, 10:59 PM
oh wow! what's the dress code for girls in utp again? hahah we ARE allowed to wear anything other than just baju kurung right? if we wanna wear pants, do we have to wear long sleeves top? and for sports attire too, what's the dress code? doesnt have to be long sleeves right? hahah it's really hot there haaaa

pd_zul
07-07-2008, 11:45 PM
if im not mistaken, although v6 dont have lan connection,there have wireless.. coz i remember my fren said that he download movie faster there..

B.T.SengYee
08-07-2008, 12:36 AM
-call lab is just near the lecture hall and it's quite hard to find at first. just ask around :)

-iron? depends on how neat u wanna dress.

-male foundation students will reside in V6 (formerly known as Old Village 5), and half of them will be transferred to village 1 or village 2 after one or two semesters, depends on the management. as for female students, they will reside in village 1/2 and will only be transferred to newer village (village 4/5) after 2 semesters.

-the lab technician and/or lecturer will be in the lab once in a while, just to check that everything is running smoothly. but after they "chow", the lab turn into cyber cafe back. lol

-nope, they are 3 call lab. 2 downstairs, 1 upstairs. one lab consists of more than 15 PCs (approx).

-for village 1, 2, and 6, the hostel is similiar to boarding school's dormitory (shared toilet, bathroom etc2). for village 3,4,5, it is like normal apartment, (have own apartment unit, pantry etc)

oh so u mean it will be a cyber cafe at last.
haha..
i guess ony english nid to do there rite..
other no nid to on9...
haha..
hope so...
erm..

so for those that in degree year..
they will getthe chnce to stay at apartment...???

if im not mistaken, although v6 dont have lan connection,there have wireless.. coz i remember my fren said that he download movie faster there..

lucky then..
tot if us boys have to saty at v6 n cnt on9..
no use bring laptop....

oh ya...
1 more Q..
can we jz leave UTP anytime we wan...???
or there are time limit...????
________
WIKI VAPORIZER (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

pd_zul
08-07-2008, 01:18 AM
haha..u can go out and in as u like..there are no time limit..as long as u bring along your card matric,coz security always check that thing...:)

HayabuSa
08-07-2008, 07:21 AM
oh wow! what's the dress code for girls in utp again? hahah we ARE allowed to wear anything other than just baju kurung right? if we wanna wear pants, do we have to wear long sleeves top? and for sports attire too, what's the dress code? doesnt have to be long sleeves right? hahah it's really hot there haaaa

-let me share some info for you. there is no specific dress code at old academic complex, meaning you can wear slippers to lectures, dun have to put on matric card etc. "Pak gad" will not disturb you. in contrary, dress code at new academic complex is rather strict and specific. you have to put on matric card, have to wear shoes and collared shirt. if not, the "pak gad" there will not hesitate to summon you.

-yes, you can wear attire other than baju kurung. it's not compulsory to wear long sleeves too.

-for sports attire, it's not always necessary to wear long sleeves. it's up to you, as long as u're comfortable with that attire

oh ya...
1 more Q..
can we jz leave UTP anytime we wan...???
or there are time limit...????

yup, exactly. remember, utp is a private university so there is no curfew or whatsoever. you can go out anytime you want, come back anytime you want.

hellomyfriend
08-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Just to ask you, what's Minggu Aluan Siswa like? Boring? Fun? Got what activities?

And also, under what circumstances can we where t-shirts, shorts (besides in our room)? Don't tell me everywhere in UTP must wear long pants and collared shirts meh... very uncomfortable if it's a hot day...

Does UTP frequently have student-oriented activities? I heard there's some cool events like Euphonious there... must be quite nice...

I heard from someone there that buses going from UTP to Ipoh can be quite erratic and the time is uncertain? Is it true? Or we just wait at the outside of UTP at a certain time for buses? The Dark Knight is opening in a few weeks and I must go down to Ipoh to watch... haha... want to be sure of how the transport works like there.

HayabuSa
08-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Just to ask you, what's Minggu Aluan Siswa like? Boring? Fun? Got what activities?

And also, under what circumstances can we where t-shirts, shorts (besides in our room)? Don't tell me everywhere in UTP must wear long pants and collared shirts meh... very uncomfortable if it's a hot day...

Does UTP frequently have student-oriented activities? I heard there's some cool events like Euphonious there... must be quite nice...

I heard from someone there that buses going from UTP to Ipoh can be quite erratic and the time is uncertain? Is it true? Or we just wait at the outside of UTP at a certain time for buses? The Dark Knight is opening in a few weeks and I must go down to Ipoh to watch... haha... want to be sure of how the transport works like there.

-regarding MAS, it would be hectic, but fun as well. take the opportunity to make friends and know the seniors. it would be very useful. there will be talk, briefing, group activities, and the most fun, the Freshies Talent Night.

-like i said, you just have to follow the dress code only when you're at the new academix complex, lectures, or at the office. other places, wear as u like

-most of the activities/events are conducted by and for UTP students. Euphonious is battle of the band, utp version.

-you can't rely much on public transport there. buses are 'ancient', always late and no fixed schedule. most utp students go to ipoh by car. if you don't have any car, nothing to worry bcos you can rent car from utp seniors or car rental company in sri iskandar. however, if you still want to use bus, you can wait at the bus stop outside UTP, but you have to walk quite a distance. it would be tiring, especially during sunny day

B.T.SengYee
08-07-2008, 04:33 PM
-let me share some info for you. there is no specific dress code at old academic complex, meaning you can wear slippers to lectures, dun have to put on matric card etc. "Pak gad" will not disturb you. in contrary, dress code at new academic complex is rather strict and specific. you have to put on matric card, have to wear shoes and collared shirt. if not, the "pak gad" there will not hesitate to summon you.

-yes, you can wear attire other than baju kurung. it's not compulsory to wear long sleeves too.

-for sports attire, it's not always necessary to wear long sleeves. it's up to you, as long as u're comfortable with that attire

yup, exactly. remember, utp is a private university so there is no curfew or whatsoever. you can go out anytime you want, come back anytime you want.

haha..
so u mean that is it okay if we left utp for a night and stay outside instead...????

-regarding MAS, it would be hectic, but fun as well. take the opportunity to make friends and know the seniors. it would be very useful. there will be talk, briefing, group activities, and the most fun, the Freshies Talent Night.

-like i said, you just have to follow the dress code only when you're at the new academix complex, lectures, or at the office. other places, wear as u like

-most of the activities/events are conducted by and for UTP students. Euphonious is battle of the band, utp version.

-you can't rely much on public transport there. buses are 'ancient', always late and no fixed schedule. most utp students go to ipoh by car. if you don't have any car, nothing to worry bcos you can rent car from utp seniors or car rental company in sri iskandar. however, if you still want to use bus, you can wait at the bus stop outside UTP, but you have to walk quite a distance. it would be tiring, especially during sunny day

gosh..
not again..
talk..
briefing....
i slept during the briefing in edu camp..
talent night..
omg..
gonna die soon...:(
________
Laguna Bay Condo (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

mont blanc
08-07-2008, 04:38 PM
freshie's talent night? seriously meaning what ya? us freshies gotta perform ha? can i sing? LOL

so we ARE alowed to have fun hah?
i mean utp's all about "enginerering futures" and all gotta maintain crazy high cgpa LOL,
okay! wooww cant wait to start fresh in utp!
struggle + pangkor island = utp. haha

B.T.SengYee
08-07-2008, 04:41 PM
freshie's talent night? seriously meaning what ya? us freshies gotta perform ha? can i sing? LOL

so we ARE alowed to have fun hah?
i mean utp's all about "enginerering futures" and all gotta maintain crazy high cgpa LOL,
okay! wooww cant wait to start fresh in utp!
struggle + pangkor island = utp. haha

oh..
u wanna sing there...
erm..
jz having fun there..
i wish there will be a water war...
haha..
much more fun than talent nite..
huhu..
bt pangkor island...???
________
Harmed by wellbutrin (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

mont blanc
08-07-2008, 04:45 PM
what's wrong with pangkor island? ive never been there but it's an island right so im assuming its gonna be my weekend getaway hahahah. nolah just kidding, my weekend getaway would be the la c'est magnifique library!! yeah!

ooohh we can rent cars from seniors? wow omg, lucky i thought imma end up mcm apa liek, ipoh's so far away right, and YEAH i wanna watch dark knight or something! :DDD

B.T.SengYee
08-07-2008, 04:48 PM
what's wrong with pangkor island? ive never been there but it's an island right so im assuming its gonna be my weekend getaway hahahah. nolah just kidding, my weekend getaway would be the la c'est magnifique library!! yeah!

ooohh we can rent cars from seniors? wow omg, lucky i thought imma end up mcm apa liek, ipoh's so far away right, and YEAH i wanna watch dark knight or something! :DDD

haha..
library..
so good there...
go there stdy or sleep..
i guess better sleep..
haha..
got air cond.
hahahah..
erm..
renting cars...
mayb will be chrged a lot...
who knows....????
and the day that u r free sure weekend..
those senior sure also wanna go ipoh...
________
Nexium Withdraw (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

mont blanc
08-07-2008, 04:52 PM
hmm yeah u'r totally rightt. plus we're gonna be BUSY with studies and all, foundations rightt.

btw bt seng yee, what course are u taking in utp? (where else haha)

B.T.SengYee
08-07-2008, 04:54 PM
yeah...
foundation are damn bz la..
sure no time to rest..
even the daily time table is also packed..
day time lecture..
night got tutorial..
haiz..
erm..
me...
chem eng...
wat bout u then...???
________
Keisy (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Keisy/)

HayabuSa
08-07-2008, 07:50 PM
haha..
so u mean that is it okay if we left utp for a night and stay outside instead...????

yup! no problem with that

as the name says, it's an activity where utp freshies can show their talent. got choir, drama presentation, etc, all according to your group. it's gonna be fun, if you know how to make the best out of it. :))

depends on the senior, but many seniors wanna generate extra income, so they provide car rental service. you can also rent car from nearby car rental company. even though they charge high, but i think it's worth it. using taxi from ipoh to utp cost you RM45 (usually). so renting a car is a better choice

p/s: now i'm advertising car rent service. lol

B.T.SengYee
08-07-2008, 09:40 PM
yup! no problem with that

as the name says, it's an activity where utp freshies can show their talent. got choir, drama presentation, etc, all according to your group. it's gonna be fun, if you know how to make the best out of it. :))

depends on the senior, but many seniors wanna generate extra income, so they provide car rental service. you can also rent car from nearby car rental company. even though they charge high, but i think it's worth it. using taxi from ipoh to utp cost you RM45 (usually). so renting a car is a better choice

p/s: now i'm advertising car rent service. lol

haha..
then i can enjoy staying at my grandpa house withouthaving to stay at hostel...
huhuh..
erm..
car rental..
wat the normal rate at utp charged by those senior.../???
________
Cheap glass pipes (http://glasspipes.net/)

hellomyfriend
09-07-2008, 01:26 AM
1. Is there any electrical appliances I need to bring? Kettle, for example?

2. What are the facilities, stuff available at the hostel (V6) near the lake? Got washing machines there? Or laundry service?

3. If cannot boil water there, the students there get water from where?

4. (Directed more to IT students) How's the IT course like?

5. Is it true that in foundation year students from different subjects mix around more? Someone told me that...

6. How many subjects do we take in foundation? Do we have a choice over some, if not all, of these?

7. V6 has WiFi right? Is it reliable? Or horrible (lol)?

8. Are the library computers always occupied? And do these computers block websites (I hear that UTP bans Youtube)?

9. Do foundation year students mix a lot with seniors? I mean, the more acquintances the better right...

10. How tight is security at the old village near the lake?

11. I know this is a somewhat tired question, haha, but i need a bit more clarification. If I don't have a laptop there, would it present any huge difficulties in terms of getting assignments done or doing presentations? Or is it perfectly fine if I don't have one yet (assuming I don't count entertainment)?

pd_zul
09-07-2008, 02:38 AM

2. What are the facilities, stuff available at the hostel (V6) near the lake? Got washing machines there? Or laundry service?

5. Is it true that in foundation year students from different subjects mix around more? Someone told me that...

6. How many subjects do we take in foundation? Do we have a choice over some, if not all, of these?

8. Are the library computers always occupied? And do these computers block websites (I hear that UTP bans Youtube)?

9. Do foundation year students mix a lot with seniors? I mean, the more acquintances the better right...

11. I know this is a somewhat tired question, haha, but i need a bit more clarification. If I don't have a laptop there, would it present any huge difficulties in terms of getting assignments done or doing presentations? Or is it perfectly fine if I don't have one yet (assuming I don't count entertainment)?

1.urm..its up to u.if u like eating maggi for example..it is a compulsary..hehe

2.no comment..coz i never stayed there..

3.water cooler maybe?

4.im engineering student..but what i know..the undergrade IT students usually will deal with lots of programming(java,object oriented program,c++)..

5.u mean different course?yup during foundation u will mix up more with other courses than in the undergrade year..

6.if im not mistaken..6 subjects..and compulsary to take all..

7.never used it

8.consider the timing..not sure about the irc(library) pc..but at our room they do ban youtube.

9.urm..if u join event u can mix a lot with seniors..

10.no comment..

11.laptop or desktop will give u more advantage in doing ur assignment or presentation slide.

HayabuSa
09-07-2008, 06:25 AM
haha..
then i can enjoy staying at my grandpa house withouthaving to stay at hostel...
huhuh..
erm..
car rental..
wat the normal rate at utp charged by those senior.../???

i'm not sure if from the seniors. but from the nearby company, i was once charged Rm85 for renting from 9a.m to 9.pm.

B.T.SengYee
09-07-2008, 11:08 AM
i'm not sure if from the seniors. but from the nearby company, i was once charged Rm85 for renting from 9a.m to 9.pm.

so it shud be cheper rite...
heheheh

its look like an exam Q for currently utp stdnt to check how well they know about their own U..
haha...:P:P
________
Live Sex Webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

hellomyfriend
09-07-2008, 01:07 PM
LOL! I may have asked a tad too many things... Well, better to get to know the university a bit before going, eh? :))

B.T.SengYee
09-07-2008, 03:56 PM
LOL! I may have asked a tad too many things... Well, better to get to know the university a bit before going, eh? :))

haha..
mayb la...
sure nervous b4 going...
________
ALMERA live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/ALMERA)

eliascfc
09-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi...i would like to ask if year 1 student are allow to drive car 2 university.....

B.T.SengYee
09-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi...i would like to ask if year 1 student are allow to drive car 2 university.....

haha..i guess no prob..
coz they can use motor..
car also allowed i guessed...
________
Art On The Hill (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

eliascfc
10-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Hw bout the food at utp?do they have chinese food there?is the food expensive........

B.T.SengYee
10-07-2008, 02:12 PM
sure not expensive..
the 500 is sure enough for u..
bout the chinese food..
i m not so sure bout that..
bt then there are western food there..
if i m not mistaken..
if there are chinese food i guess its not cooked by chinese.
haha.....
________
2SEXY4U CAM (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/2sexy4u)

eliascfc
10-07-2008, 03:01 PM
iz it far 2 go 2 pasar malam o grocery store outside utp?

wat cgpa we need 2 maintain if under petronas sponsorship?

pd_zul
10-07-2008, 03:28 PM
iz it far 2 go 2 pasar malam o grocery store outside utp?

wat cgpa we need 2 maintain if under petronas sponsorship?

not so far about 10 mins u can reach there if u used car or motor..but if u dont have transport, u can take utp bus to go to pasar mlm.

2.5 and above..if below ur monthly allowance will be suspended.

B.T.SengYee
10-07-2008, 04:48 PM
not so far about 10 mins u can reach there if u used car or motor..but if u dont have transport, u can take utp bus to go to pasar mlm.

2.5 and above..if below ur monthly allowance will be suspended.

erm...
so when is the pasar malam...??
hehhe...
erm..
utp bus will take us there...???
no charge...?
so if achieve 2.5 can get notebook allowances rite...???
________
Asiansexpride4u cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/asiansexpride4u)

pd_zul
10-07-2008, 05:56 PM
the pasar malam is on wednesday..yup no charge..im not sure about the notebook allowance..

lskee0908
11-07-2008, 04:47 PM
What is the range the get A?
100mark to ???
Is that easy to score dean list there?

pd_zul
11-07-2008, 04:57 PM
What is the range the get A?
100mark to ???
Is that easy to score dean list there?

the range of A is from 85-100
urm..if u really study surely it will be easy..
hehe..

mont blanc
11-07-2008, 07:51 PM
one question, for the medical check up do we have to bring our own xray films? because ive already done my xray, so should i bring it??? quick quick. im leavin now..... merci beaucoup in advance. :)

lskee0908
11-07-2008, 08:09 PM
u bring it, then u no need to scan again.

So, are the students there always get dean list?

nazerrul_za8
13-07-2008, 12:55 PM
hi utpians..!!do u guys noe y our allowances are not as high as urs..??btw,we,d unmc students got d lowest allowance though..

pd_zul
13-07-2008, 02:25 PM
So, are the students there always get dean list?

urm..always?may be..coz..i heard that my batch (dunno about other batch) one of the civil student get straight 4 flat from foundation till now..haha.. for me..if u really study for sure u will get dean list..

about the allowance..i dont have any comment..sorry..hehe

B.T.SengYee
21-07-2008, 03:45 PM
haha..
MAS is okay la..
with that trade mark
basically
n dun smile i dun like ur smile is damn funny...
________
Hairy Pussy Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/hairy-girls/)

donleong
24-07-2008, 10:44 AM
the pasar malam is on wednesday..yup no charge..im not sure about the notebook allowance..

May i noe where 2 take d utp bus 2 pasar malam, pls?
its no gud staying in utp all d time...

pd_zul
24-07-2008, 04:42 PM
owh..
u can take utp bus at maintenance block..
(where utp transport are park)..
it is located infront of v2c..
don forget to buy kebab if u go to pasar malam..
hehe...

Desmond_90
24-07-2008, 05:27 PM
wah, LIfe at UTP is totally different le.... WANNA WALK SO FAR FROM VILLAGE 6.... haiz.... anyone got car can fetch me from old village? haha

B.T.SengYee
26-07-2008, 02:07 PM
ya..
la...
desmond_90..
so tired every time nid to walk from v6 to lecture hall at blok k..
so tired leh
________
grandma Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/granny/)

easternC
27-07-2008, 01:34 AM
hye ~ hahaha ~ i'm in UTP... nothing actually changed except the road infront of the chancellor hall already finished... and hot like always... duh ~ good luck ;)

bonidee
27-07-2008, 02:00 PM
hi. how do you guys here download music and movies in utp eh? i'm using the LAN internet and everything is blocked. so depressing. :notrust
heard from the seniors there's something called 'dc'(??) for file sharing? how to download it?

HayabuSa
27-07-2008, 06:34 PM
hi. how do you guys here download music and movies in utp eh? i'm using the LAN internet and everything is blocked. so depressing. :notrust
heard from the seniors there's something called 'dc'(??) for file sharing? how to download it?

u can get it from the seniors

bonidee
27-07-2008, 07:06 PM
u can get it from the seniors

err...any seniors here care to help? :sweat
please and thank you!

HayabuSa
01-08-2008, 04:20 PM
err...any seniors here care to help? :sweat
please and thank you!

dunno any seniors from ur previous school? hehe. u can also download from err..try google it..:p

bonidee
03-08-2008, 12:06 AM
aah...it's ok, got it already :wink

pd_zul
04-08-2008, 02:55 PM
halo2...
anyone here live in v1 or v2..
please really need ur help...
tq

HayabuSa
08-08-2008, 11:02 PM
halo2...
anyone here live in v1 or v2..
please really need ur help...
tq

yes may i help u?

B.T.SengYee
30-08-2008, 10:23 PM
jz gt small prob here..
during ramadhan week..
whch village cafe will have sell food in the afternoon...???
or all wil close...????
________
VAPORIZER VIDEO REVIEW (http://vaporizers.tv/)

adawy
24-09-2008, 02:21 PM
can i come to university and stay in the hostel before the admition is arrive :))

professorneo
14-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Thank you all for this useful information.

I really need your help!

I want to know your opinion in a matter concerning the UTP

Here is the whole story

I am a student in the faculty of engineering Cairo university and i have been given a full scholarship from petronas to study in the UTP however i am not sure whether to accept it or not.Here is the way i think if we compare the life i will live when i study in Utp my life in egypt definetly will be better so it is now about the university and its academic level the question that is killing me does the education I receive in UTP deserve to leave cairo university?is it better than cairo university ?how can I answer these questions ? They both don't have an international ranking so please help me by giving me your opinion in this problem as if i am your younger brother and tell me what advantages do you see in the UTP

If you want to know more infomation about cairo universitry you can visit these links the first one is the best

http://www.eng.cu.edu.eg/English.htm

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Cairo_University

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairo_University

http://www.answers.com/topic/cairo-university

toughgurl
23-11-2008, 01:45 AM
i don't have any idea what to expect if i accept the petronas scholarship.

henry_yew
26-11-2008, 02:45 PM
i don't have any idea what to expect if i accept the petronas scholarship.

WHAT NOT TO EXPECT:
1. Single rooms with bathrooms attached
2. Air-conditioned hostel rooms
3. Shuttle buses to take you from hostels to lecture halls or lecture theatres
4. High proficiency of English from administrators, lecturers and students
5. Total silence in the library during examination periods
6. Excellent Internet connection
7. RM1000 per month of allowance
8. Clean cafeterias, tasty food

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
1. Double rooms with a fan in each room and a roommate
2. Beautiful library, cold and conducive during off examination periods
3. Internet access in the hostel rooms (intermittent most of the time)
4. Better Internet access in the computer labs and library (has Hotspot Wi-Fi)
5. LAN games like DoTA, World of Warcraft, Ragnarok (really! But don't make that the reason to come to UTP)
6. Good sports facilities - Gymnasium, swimming pool, tennis courts, squash courts, table tennis courts, badminton courts, basketball courts, volleyball courts, jogging tracks, etc.
7. SOME lecturers are really excellent in teaching
8. A culture shock upon entering the university
9. Beautiful laboratories and interesting laboratory tests
10. Beautiful academic complex

trenchcoat101
27-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi! It's now 2009. How do I get internet access in UTP hostels? Do all villages have internet access? TQ.

twenty-two
08-01-2010, 09:04 AM
any changes to accomodation, etc in utp? internet connection?

Harfan
08-01-2010, 11:03 AM
a little off-topic for a while:

twenty-two, are you by any chance, a new student for January intake this year, like me??

jov
08-01-2010, 03:09 PM
hello,

Is it worth is to got study at UTP as a private(self sponsored) student?

compared to local University like UM, USM, UTM, Unimas

I'm offered ICT at UTP. but i'm not rich...have to take up loan...UTP is expensive.

plz advice...thank so much

lookingaround
08-01-2010, 03:33 PM
I am studying ICT degree at UTP. Studying in UTP maybe a bit expensive, but still not to the level of INTI or Taylor College.
In UTP, you will have a lot of opportunities to do researches or advanced-level projects, with conditions that you are hardworking and/or you have good skills/knowledge. UTP likes students to participate many kinds of competitions, also with conditions that you are an active student and ready to give up you leisure time.
If you think you just want to have a normal student life in UTP, then i suggest you not to waste your money at UTP.
So, come to UTP if you think you want to achieve something brilliant, or else don't.

jov
09-01-2010, 12:01 PM
I am studying ICT degree at UTP. Studying in UTP maybe a bit expensive, but still not to the level of INTI or Taylor College.
In UTP, you will have a lot of opportunities to do researches or advanced-level projects, with conditions that you are hardworking and/or you have good skills/knowledge. UTP likes students to participate many kinds of competitions, also with conditions that you are an active student and ready to give up you leisure time.
If you think you just want to have a normal student life in UTP, then i suggest you not to waste your money at UTP.
So, come to UTP if you think you want to achieve something brilliant, or else don't.

Hi lookingaround,

Thanks for the reply/advice/suggestion. Really appreciate it.

I understand the concept of working hard to perform and having the initiative to participate, and yes I am willing to work hard to perform, explore the knowledge and participate.

But my main concern now is whether the fact to persue my future in a local University will make any difference than in a private University like UTP. The differences as in the job prospect? tuition fee(obviously), lecturers, facilities, opportunities, learning environment, academic growth....I know this is all very subjective but considering the financial limitation I'm facing, I can not afford to make a wrong move.

Not trying to compare to other private Uni which is even further off what I can afford.

btw, very nice to meet you. happy to meet someone with same course line with me.

Thanks again :)

~Jov~

twenty-two
09-01-2010, 08:22 PM
a little off-topic for a while:

twenty-two, are you by any chance, a new student for January intake this year, like me??

hey, harfan! yup. i'll start my first year undergrad in petroleum geosciences this year.

leongdg91
11-01-2010, 03:19 AM
Hi! It's now 2009. How do I get internet access in UTP hostels? Do all villages have internet access? TQ.

hi there. im a first year student in UTP. ive lived in V6 before and am currently living in V2.

about the internet access, depending on which village, all villages except for v6 have LAN through which u can access the Internet, with some restrictions applied ie certain websites are blocked and the downloading of files which are too big in size are also blocked. but the connection speed is quite good.
thru LAN also we can play games, but like henry said, don't make that the reason to come to UTP!

If u dont want to use LAN, u can use Wifi in all villages, depending on ur luck in finding ur room with the best Wifi connection. Normally it sucks in all villages with the exception of few rooms in each village. but the wifi at chancellor complex is much better like at home. the only way 2 online at V6 is thru Wifi, which probably sucks, since everyone is trying to get a slice of the bandwidth.

hope this helps. cheers! :)

tienzyee
12-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Hi lookingaround,

Thanks for the reply/advice/suggestion. Really appreciate it.

I understand the concept of working hard to perform and having the initiative to participate, and yes I am willing to work hard to perform, explore the knowledge and participate.

But my main concern now is whether the fact to persue my future in a local University will make any difference than in a private University like UTP. The differences as in the job prospect? tuition fee(obviously), lecturers, facilities, opportunities, learning environment, academic growth....I know this is all very subjective but considering the financial limitation I'm facing, I can not afford to make a wrong move.

Not trying to compare to other private Uni which is even further off what I can afford.

btw, very nice to meet you. happy to meet someone with same course line with me.

Thanks again :)

~Jov~

Hi,

First, no offence to lookingaround, what he said is true but I shall warn you, jov in advance.

You have to understand that UTP is a university that focused mainly on engineering field. ICT or BIS courses here in UTP (in my opinion) are much more surface as compared than the same courses offered by other local universities or college specializing in IT field. They do not cover in depth studies of certain subject. If you want to go further, you'll need to learn them on your own outside of class.

Over the years, the university have been revamping the CIS (ICT & BIS) courses into a better course, but I suppose one would be better off studying those courses somewhere else if you have a vision of being a top IT programmer.

It's true that we do have students excelling in hacking competition (they have backgrounds in those field, like a few years using Linux and command line interface before entering university), IT conference, but for you to achieve the same level as them, it requires interest in this field yourself, plenty of exercises and sharing session with other programmers

So, if you got an offer to study ICT somewhere else, look at the college/university as well. It might be better there.

oh ya, i'm an ICT student in UTP too. Final Year. Final sem.

jov
13-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi tienzyee,

Thanks so much for all these information. Can't say how lucky I am to have seniors like you sharing your valuable experience. I'm would love to know more about it if you don't mind telling me more :)

ICT or BIS courses here in UTP (in my opinion) are much more surface as compared than the same courses offered by other local universities or college specializing in IT field. They do not cover in depth studies of certain subject.

How so? how do you compare? Do you get much opportunity to develope applications? or just to learn the basic language like c, c++, vb, java? what about web programming like php, js, aspx, ajax?

Is there a lot of ICT undergrads there? How is the ICT lecturers there? can they deliver well to the students? If students have question/problems, to what level will the lecturers help?

It's true that we do have students excelling in hacking competition (they have backgrounds in those field, like a few years using Linux and command line interface before entering university), IT conference, but for you to achieve the same level as them, it requires interest in this field yourself, plenty of exercises and sharing session with other programmers

I am a diploma graduates majoring in programming. I'm not an outstanding student but I do have the basic knowledge and yes interest too. I understand that it takes a lot of exercise/self exploration to excel in ICT/programming. I love to learn/share with others who are really good at what they are doing and relate to my interest in IT(provided they are willing), will UTP provide this environment for such academic growth.

btw, are you majoring in software engineering? sorry to ask so many questions, I really want to know more :) If you don't have time to answer I understand too.

ps: please pm me if you prefer to answer all this privately.

tienzyee
14-01-2010, 01:31 AM
Wow, that's a lot of questions. Good to know that you have basic idea of what ICT is all about.

How so? how do you compare? Do you get much opportunity to develope applications? or just to learn the basic language like c, c++, vb, java? what about web programming like php, js, aspx, ajax?

Well, since you're graduate diploma, I assume most likely you'll have some credit hour transfer. As such, you might take courses such as Object-Oriented Programming, Internet Programming, Software Engineering and Algorithm & Data Structure which provides students with programming skills. My application development skills were developed from those courses, so if you're not taking those subjects, you might miss it. (hope you get what I mean)

As for your question, how do I compare UTP with other college. No concrete means, just from my observation. I noticed what we learnt in class we pretty basic (time constraint or whatever factors). For example, we covered basic HTML, Javascript, PHP in the Internet Programming class, but not ajax (which i think is useful). As for C, C++, it's a matter of understanding the theory such as stacks, queues, loop, nodes bla bla you know it and putting them into practice by developing some programs. Some might argue that they were comprehensive but I felt it could be more than that. If you wanted to be a better programmer, it would be better to find a college which specialized in IT and have plenty of good programmers to challenge you all the time.

Is there a lot of ICT undergrads there? How is the ICT lecturers there? can they deliver well to the students? If students have question/problems, to what level will the lecturers help?

ICT students are lesser than engineering students but I noticed that it gets more each semester. Lecturers? Wow, I love them. They were all nice, offering you plenty of help, tips and understanding. Talk to any of them if you have problem and you'll know what I mean.
Although some people said that university is where you have to depend on yourself and not spoon fed, here's my way: stuck? did your homework? (as in did the effort to do the work). If all yes, go stalk the lecturer for help. You might a little help from them. :P
I, personally make Block 1 and 2 as my second home :P

I am a diploma graduates majoring in programming. I'm not an outstanding student but I do have the basic knowledge and yes interest too. I understand that it takes a lot of exercise/self exploration to excel in ICT/programming. I love to learn/share with others who are really good at what they are doing and relate to my interest in IT(provided they are willing), will UTP provide this environment for such academic growth.

So your questions is: Are UTP students kind in sharing knowledge with you?
Answer: Well it depends, be kind and you'll be treated the same way. I wouldn't say everyone is nice or everyone is bad here but the environment is really good here (except Internet. Expect the worst and you shall not be disappointed. Expect the best and you'll be disappointed!)

btw, are you majoring in software engineering? sorry to ask so many questions, I really want to know more If you don't have time to answer I understand too..

Virtual Reality. What do you need to know about SE? I could try answer

jov
14-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Hi tienzyee,

wow, really appreciate that you take the time to answer all my questions. I'm sorry to bug you with some more.

Well, since you're graduate diploma, I assume most likely you'll have some credit hour transfer. As such, you might take courses such as Object-Oriented Programming, Internet Programming, Software Engineering and Algorithm & Data Structure which provides students with programming skills. My application development skills were developed from those courses, so if you're not taking those subjects, you might miss it. (hope you get what I mean)

I see your point. Are there many diploma students going for ICT course? want to know like how long it takes for them to graduate, from my understanding as a diploma graduate one will go directly to the undergraduate programme and also entitled to a maximum of 30 credit transfer. So does that mean 1 year exemption maximum?

As for your question, how do I compare UTP with other college. No concrete means, just from my observation. I noticed what we learnt in class we pretty basic (time constraint or whatever factors). For example, we covered basic HTML, Javascript, PHP in the Internet Programming class, but not ajax (which i think is useful). As for C, C++, it's a matter of understanding the theory such as stacks, queues, loop, nodes bla bla you know it and putting them into practice by developing some programs. Some might argue that they were comprehensive but I felt it could be more than that. If you wanted to be a better programmer, it would be better to find a college which specialized in IT and have plenty of good programmers to challenge you all the time.

What's the hypothesis to you observation? no offenseto UTP, any particular University(in malaysia) that you find offers better ICT(SE) course than UTP.

ICT students are lesser than engineering students but I noticed that it gets more each semester. Lecturers? Wow, I love them. They were all nice, offering you plenty of help, tips and understanding. Talk to any of them if you have problem and you'll know what I mean.
Although some people said that university is where you have to depend on yourself and not spoon fed, here's my way: stuck? did your homework? (as in did the effort to do the work). If all yes, go stalk the lecturer for help. You might a little help from them. :P
I, personally make Block 1 and 2 as my second home :P

How many classmastes you have? I mean to ask how many students total per class usually? Glad to hear that UTP have nice lecturers :) dumb questions ><''' how many ICT lecturers are there? are most of them specialize in the subject they teach?

So your questions is: Are UTP students kind in sharing knowledge with you?
Answer: Well it depends, be kind and you'll be treated the same way. I wouldn't say everyone is nice or everyone is bad here but the environment is really good here (except Internet. Expect the worst and you shall not be disappointed. Expect the best and you'll be disappointed!)
Totally agree with you, and if you ask me I think UTP students are all kind (thanks to the good impression from you and the others who are so helpful in providing info to strangers like me) :p

Virtual Reality. What do you need to know about SE? I could try answer
what's gaps between VR and SE?

I understand that this usually depend on the student's creativity/skills but would like to know usually what kind of final year project does SE students do? You have any friends or seniors you might know who already graduates(SE), some say I'm thinking too far but would like to know how's the job prospect for a SE graduates from UTP. example: does ICT(SE) graduates from UTP stand better chance to work in Petronas(even for non Petronas scholars)? or other MNC?

Thanks again and sorry for being so buggy.

~jov~

tienzyee
14-01-2010, 04:44 PM
I feel like giving up answering you :P

I see your point. Are there many diploma students going for ICT course? want to know like how long it takes for them to graduate, from my understanding as a diploma graduate one will go directly to the undergraduate programme and also entitled to a maximum of 30 credit transfer. So does that mean 1 year exemption maximum?

I only have 2 friends from diploma student in my batch, as far as I knew, it could be more but that's all I realize. As for how long you'll graduate, it depends on your credit hour transfer. Assuming you didn't transfer any subject, you'll start as First Year First Sem student. Then you'll need 3 and a half years to graduate. It'll be clearer once you sort out the credit hours.

It's 21 credit hours max per semester. So that could mean 1 year max I guess. Sorry if i'm wrong.

What's the hypothesis to you observation? no offenseto UTP, any particular University(in malaysia) that you find offers better ICT(SE) course than UTP.

I'm not a scientist. I observe, make conclusion and move on. But I realize there's a couple college and uni doing better in ICT, example, MMU. They have good internet connections, good labs for ICT (i heard an Apple's lab!) bla bla. Again, it's my own opinion.

How many classmastes you have? I mean to ask how many students total per class usually? Glad to hear that UTP have nice lecturers dumb questions ><''' how many ICT lecturers are there? are most of them specialize in the subject they teach?

Varies. Back in First year, up to 70-80. last sem, 5 :P love it! Can't even think of skipping class. There's once only 3 person, special class conducted by the lecturer due to clashes (I think we're the first and the last of such case).

ICT i'm not sure but ICT and BIS combined is a total of 2 block offices. Assuming each block has 25-35 lecturers, you do the maths. If you really wanna count. Go to utp.edu.my, find the lecturer names under CIS department. Count one by one. You can do the same by going to Block 1 offices, there's 2 piece of paper pasted on the door listing all lecturers offices, name and phone number. Tally them up. I'm not gonna do the work for you :nuts

Totally agree with you, and if you ask me I think UTP students are all kind (thanks to the good impression from you and the others who are so helpful in providing info to strangers like me)

Thank you. You're lucky though. I normally not here in Recom. Just feeling bored and spotted this old thread and since new students are coming in, thought I might drop by. Turned out you're asking ICT stuff...

what's gaps between VR and SE?

Tough question. It's different major. The actual name is Multimedia & Virtual Reality
Full details should be on UTP website. You can take a look at the course structure as well.

Virtual Reality to me is much more interesting. Not much development. Hardwares still expensive. Plenty of research possibilities, applications and could actually push us towards the world we always see in the movie.

Applications like interactive eyeglasses which generates information that is displayed on your eyeglass (spectacles). Simulators such as pilot simulators, F1 simulators are all virtual reality stuff. Stuff like that.

Personal preference though

I understand that this usually depend on the student's creativity/skills but would like to know usually what kind of final year project does SE students do? You have any friends or seniors you might know who already graduates(SE), some say I'm thinking too far but would like to know how's the job prospect for a SE graduates from UTP. example: does ICT(SE) graduates from UTP stand better chance to work in Petronas(even for non Petronas scholars)? or other MNC?

I'm working on simulators, hopefully it works. I realized you can work on Augmented Reality stuff as well. As for my other friends, no I don't really poke my nose in knowing. I do have friends who graduated, exact major, forgotten. But job wise, it's pretty much 50-50 with Petronas because they don't have ICT department. You'll just end up doing planning or business or management related work. Outside of that, working with ICT companies would be depending on your skills.

Think too far? Future planning that is ::))

You coming tomorrow? I might be wrong but it's this few days I know.

jov
15-01-2010, 11:29 AM
I feel like giving up answering you :P

I only have 2 friends from diploma student in my batch, as far as I knew, it could be more but that's all I realize. As for how long you'll graduate, it depends on your credit hour transfer. Assuming you didn't transfer any subject, you'll start as First Year First Sem student. Then you'll need 3 and a half years to graduate. It'll be clearer once you sort out the credit hours.

It's 21 credit hours max per semester. So that could mean 1 year max I guess. Sorry if i'm wrong.

I'm not a scientist. I observe, make conclusion and move on. But I realize there's a couple college and uni doing better in ICT, example, MMU. They have good internet connections, good labs for ICT (i heard an Apple's lab!) bla bla. Again, it's my own opinion.

Varies. Back in First year, up to 70-80. last sem, 5 :P love it! Can't even think of skipping class. There's once only 3 person, special class conducted by the lecturer due to clashes (I think we're the first and the last of such case).

ICT i'm not sure but ICT and BIS combined is a total of 2 block offices. Assuming each block has 25-35 lecturers, you do the maths. If you really wanna count. Go to utp.edu.my, find the lecturer names under CIS department. Count one by one. You can do the same by going to Block 1 offices, there's 2 piece of paper pasted on the door listing all lecturers offices, name and phone number. Tally them up. I'm not gonna do the work for you :nuts

Thank you. You're lucky though. I normally not here in Recom. Just feeling bored and spotted this old thread and since new students are coming in, thought I might drop by. Turned out you're asking ICT stuff...

Tough question. It's different major. The actual name is Multimedia & Virtual Reality
Full details should be on UTP website. You can take a look at the course structure as well.

Virtual Reality to me is much more interesting. Not much development. Hardwares still expensive. Plenty of research possibilities, applications and could actually push us towards the world we always see in the movie.

Applications like interactive eyeglasses which generates information that is displayed on your eyeglass (spectacles). Simulators such as pilot simulators, F1 simulators are all virtual reality stuff. Stuff like that.

Personal preference though

I'm working on simulators, hopefully it works. I realized you can work on Augmented Reality stuff as well. As for my other friends, no I don't really poke my nose in knowing. I do have friends who graduated, exact major, forgotten. But job wise, it's pretty much 50-50 with Petronas because they don't have ICT department. You'll just end up doing planning or business or management related work. Outside of that, working with ICT companies would be depending on your skills.

Think too far? Future planning that is ::))

You coming tomorrow? I might be wrong but it's this few days I know.

Thanks tienzyee, sent you a pm :)

ara
24-06-2010, 10:00 PM
hw abt laundries??.... washing machines in every floor or sth???

ara
27-06-2010, 05:03 PM
can anybody pls list out the things that we have to bring on the first day at utp!!...i am guessin that the orientation is over coz i gt utp after appealin to change my uni from uniten!!!...pls and i need help fast!!...i m leavin 2mrw!!...

henry_yew
28-06-2010, 02:14 PM
can anybody pls list out the things that we have to bring on the first day at utp!!...i am guessin that the orientation is over coz i gt utp after appealin to change my uni from uniten!!!...pls and i need help fast!!...i m leavin 2mrw!!...

Well, if you have the orientation then:

Bring formal attire - formal shoes, formal slacks, formal shirts, neckties
A bedsheet big enough for a single bed, a blanket, a pillow and a pillow-case (UTP provides you with only the bed)
Toiletries (such as shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet rolls, etc.)
Pair of slippers (you'll need them to the toilets and to the cafes during leisure hours)
Medication (important if you have any medical needs)
Your certificates (might be required if you are going through the registration process - better still if you already have certified copies in your hand, but otherwise you can photocopy and get them certified in UTP)
Your offer letter (for registration purposes)
Stationeries and other materials (including clothes) for your lectures, assignments, etc. Students are allowed to wear casual smart attire during lectures (but guys must wear collared t-shirts or collared shirts; no round-necks allowed except during off-lecture hours)
A broom and perhaps some cloths for you to clean up your room prior to settling down (you can purchase a broom in UTP itself, but if you can carry one to UTP then you wouldn't need to spend unnecessarily for just a broom)

This is all that I could think of for the moment, but the list is inexhaustible. Bring whatever else which you think is necessary.

hw abt laundries??.... washing machines in every floor or sth???

Yes, there are washing machines at the ground floor of every hostel. You need to have fifty-cent coins ready or you won't be able to use them. One washing costs RM3.00 and you can wash up to about 7 kg of clothes. You need to provide your own detergent though.

Some hostels have dryers next to the washing machines for those who would like to dry their clothes immediately after the washing. It also costs RM3.00 to dry the clothes, which takes about 30 to 40 minutes. Otherwise, you could always take your clothes out to hang at the clotheslines.

In Old Village 5, Village 1, and Village 2 there are clotheslines located outside the hostels at the ground floor. In Village 3, Village 4 and Village 5, they have stipulated areas in the apartments to hang your clothes, which aren't very spacious, to be honest.

If you don't want to wash your clothes yourself, then there are launderettes in UTP to do your laundry. One is in Village 1 (to cater to Old Village 5, Village 1 and Village 2 residents mostly) and the other is in Village 5. It's up to you to pick whether you would like to send your clothes to whichever launderette. It's just a matter of distance.

utp-ian
19-09-2010, 07:29 PM
bro, am a utp student...still at foundation 2nd sem, at v6 ...the internet is freakin slowww...r u certain on hw to exploit the connection..? or issit only applicable for LAN connection?? pls reply as sson as possible

trenchcoat101
19-09-2010, 08:14 PM
pity you all who stay at v6..
too bad I do not know how to exploit it.. hehe cos I'm staying in V3.
have you tried reporting to ITMS?

leongdg91
22-09-2010, 04:46 AM
owh i feel for u bro. last time we just lived through the whole year in v6 with the sucky internet line. btw the LAN is bad here in V2 too in the afternoons and evenings for this past week after mid sem break. >.<

henry_yew
22-09-2010, 11:45 AM
bro, am a utp student...still at foundation 2nd sem, at v6 ...the internet is freakin slowww...r u certain on hw to exploit the connection..? or issit only applicable for LAN connection?? pls reply as sson as possible

There isn't a LAN connection in V6, so you have to make do with the slow and lousy wireless Internet connection there. I'm not an IT whizz, so I've no idea how to improve your connection.

But the distance between V6 and the library isn't that far, if compared to that between V5 and the library, so making your way to the library for a good Internet connection shouldn't be such a hassle. :P

Besides, if you have a laptop you could always go wireless at the circulation counter outside the library or even in the library itself.

I admit, it's tedious and troublesome, but that's the kind of sacrifice that you'll have to make as a first-year or foundation student. It's just for a year, at the most. However, you'll find that the lack of Internet helps you in your academics a lot! :lol

hasnainali77
22-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Hey UTPians, i would like to know if some1 could help me out with few questions i hav regarding my course??

I will be joining utp for MSC in petroleum Engg coursework for the upcoming jan intake....

1. How is the course??? i mean the coursework?? subjects?? and the lecturers??

2. wat will b the timings for the classes to b attended of majors programme.??

3. I am a self sponcered student, can i get a scholarship from the university after my registration?? if yes then wat would b the procedure???

4. Which hostel would i b located in as i have applied for majors????

5. and most importantly, would there b any recruitment process for students doing their majors, in companies like petronas or other petroleum companies???

henry_yew
22-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey UTPians, i would like to know if some1 could help me out with few questions i hav regarding my course??

I will be joining utp for MSC in petroleum Engg coursework for the upcoming jan intake....

1. How is the course??? i mean the coursework?? subjects?? and the lecturers??

2. wat will b the timings for the classes to b attended of majors programme.??

3. I am a self sponcered student, can i get a scholarship from the university after my registration?? if yes then wat would b the procedure???

4. Which hostel would i b located in as i have applied for majors????

5. and most importantly, would there b any recruitment process for students doing their majors, in companies like petronas or other petroleum companies???

To answer questions (1) and (2), it's best that you contact the Petroleum Engineering Head of Department for more information. They might direct you to the Academic Central Services department regarding your timetable.

On question (3), the university offers Tuition Waiver Scheme and the Graduate Assistant Scheme. But I am not sure if such schemes are applicable for students doing their MSc by Coursework. I know that these schemes are applicable for students doing their MSc by Research. Contact UTP for more info.

On question (4), the choice of hostel is entirely yours. You can opt to stay in newer hostels such as New Village 5, but you will definitely have a roommate. If you wish to live in a single room, then you will want Village 1 or Village 2, though both are quite old.

On question (5), there is no guarantee that PETRONAS or other companies will take you in to work with them, but yes, there are recruitment drives during the Technology and Career Exhibition Week which is held every semester. The UTP Career Unit often organises roadshows, and many companies take the opportunity to have interviews during the roadshows, too.

Lance_Kuan
08-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Just some brief update for people planning to come into UTP (especially the boys)

The internet connection in Village 6 (Old Village 5) had been boosted recently due to overwhelming complains made by me and my friends (lol) and now during peak periods at least you guys should be able to go online for important stuffs.

And btw, it also enables us to play games over WLAN network, even across blocks XD

henry_yew
08-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Just some brief update for people planning to come into UTP (especially the boys)

The internet connection in Village 6 (Old Village 5) had been boosted recently due to overwhelming complains made by me and my friends (lol) and now during peak periods at least you guys should be able to go online for important stuffs.

And btw, it also enables us to play games over WLAN network, even across blocks XD

I think this is the most important point that you are trying to make, right?

On another note, a new semester system has been implemented in Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS that will affect undergraduate students. There will be three semesters in a year, but students need to only study for two semesters in a year, and the third semester is a long four-month holiday (yes, you "heard" me).

E.g. if you are in the January semester for the first year first semester, then your second semester will be in May semester. The whole of September semester is then your holiday.

If you are in the May semester for the first year first semester, then your second semester will be in September semester, and your holiday will begin in January semester the following year.

This is done in compliance with the requirements made by the Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC). A lot of us students and staff do not like the idea of this new semester system, but here is the harsh fact - comply to the policies or risk not given accreditation for your engineering programmes.

Therefore, for those who wish to study in UTP, you will have only two intakes to select from - either January or May intake. There will be no student intake for September semester.

P/S: In actual fact, the new semester system actually reduces the number of long holidays that you have. When you go into your third year onwards, you will have no holidays in the third semester (it will be replaced by your industrial internship), and once you finish your industrial training, you will come back and do your last two semesters (final year first and second semesters) before you graduate with your Bachelor of Engineering degree.

lulu90
10-12-2010, 11:58 PM
its almost the 3rd week of december. when will the applicants like me, be notified for the educamp? whether or not i am accepted or rejected.

lunacifer
22-12-2010, 12:08 AM
got ghost ar at utp haha

henry_yew
22-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Five years of studying in UTP, and I never encountered one.

Boyz_Zoo
22-12-2010, 12:56 AM
got ghost ar at utp haha
Thr r always rumours that UTP is haunted but so far, many of my fren there dun believe so.

lunacifer
22-12-2010, 01:05 AM
cant wait to go there.. is't better to bring a car or the opposite

Boyz_Zoo
22-12-2010, 01:26 AM
cant wait to go there.. is't better to bring a car or the opposite
it's better to bring a car as it will be easier for u to commute. UTP isn't actly "strategical" placed.

lunacifer
22-12-2010, 09:48 AM
how about the carpark.. is't available all the time?

henry_yew
22-12-2010, 11:32 AM
it's better to bring a car as it will be easier for u to commute. UTP isn't actly "strategical" placed.

You seem to know more about UTP, despite not being a UTPian. :notrust :lol

It depends on which residential college you are placed at. Some of the more "strategic" hostels run out of parking spaces easily. Some hostels have so much parking space you can always get one spot at any time of the day. Sometimes I had to park my car at these places, although it's a ten-minute walk from my room.

lunacifer
22-12-2010, 11:51 AM
wah 10min walk.. i can get in my old shape in no time hehe =P

Boyz_Zoo
22-12-2010, 09:14 PM
You seem to know more about UTP, despite not being a UTPian. :notrust :lol

It depends on which residential college you are placed at. Some of the more "strategic" hostels run out of parking spaces easily. Some hostels have so much parking space you can always get one spot at any time of the day. Sometimes I had to park my car at these places, although it's a ten-minute walk from my room.
I knw a number of UTPian, for example, you. :P

Jz to add in, b careful in whr u park in UTP as u cn be fined.

henry_yew
22-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Jz to add in, b careful in whr u park in UTP as u cn be fined.

Hmmph... I got fined RM30 for illegal parking, and I swear I didn't even know I parked illegally. And I didn't know about the fine until I did my clearance to get out of UTP once and for all.

"Kena saman ekor ah?" that's what the finance department lady told me when I told her that I didn't even know that I got fined.

And honest, it was my first fine ever. Darn it, that one fine tarnished my otherwise clean slate of not having a single fine at all! :rant

lunacifer
23-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Hmmph... I got fined RM30 for illegal parking, and I swear I didn't even know I parked illegally. And I didn't know about the fine until I did my clearance to get out of UTP once and for all.

"Kena saman ekor ah?" that's what the finance department lady told me when I told her that I didn't even know that I got fined.

And honest, it was my first fine ever. Darn it, that one fine tarnished my otherwise clean slate of not having a single fine at all! :rant

no longer a virgin huh lol:P

can keep long hair there?

lunacifer
02-01-2011, 11:32 PM
hey utpian can bring mini bar at the hostel? i planned to bring one..

henry_yew
03-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in campus grounds (although some do so illegally).

If you meant mini bar as a mini-refrigerator, it's still prohibited. But some people still bring them illegally. If the residential college management finds out that you have a mini-bar/mini-refrigerator in your room, they have the right to confiscate it and give you a fine.

Refrigerators are available in Village 3, Village 4 and New Village 5 hostels. Village 1, Village 2 and Old Village 5 do not have refrigerators.