PDA

View Full Version : FAQs about UM

Pages : 1 [2]

fadz777
06-03-2011, 01:42 AM
RM900 per annum for tuition fee. But together with other miscellaneous fee, d total fee can amount to RM 2600, depending on which residential college u r living at (2nd/6th college)
=)
that means total 13k? thats a few hundred k less thn private U :shock:

weixiang
06-03-2011, 10:17 AM

Ya, for IPTA, govt will subsidies most part of the fee. You just have to pay one small part (compared to IPTS). :)

Xtraordinary
06-03-2011, 10:20 AM

Oops, typo error. The tuition fee is RM900 per TERM. 1 Semester (1 year) is equivalent to 2 terms. SO, basically tuition fee alone per annum is RM1900 (RM900x2). Plus other miscellaneous fee, then d amount can go up to RM5200 for your 1st yr. Another gentle reminder, U may get kicked out from ur residential college in ur 2nd yr should u remain inactive in college activities. Haha, d fee is kinda different by then.

In short, tuition fee alone for the 5 years MBBS is RM 1900 x 5 = RM 9500. =)

melindaL
06-03-2011, 12:12 PM
With a cocurricular marks of 80,will it be too low to apply for dentistry UM provided i gt 4.0 for both sems in matric?
Hows the hostel in UM like?I heard the buildings are quite old and dirty.

dumbledore
06-03-2011, 12:39 PM
With a cocurricular marks of 80,will it be too low to apply for dentistry UM provided i gt 4.0 for both sems in matric?

hi, i'm currently in my 2nd year in UM doing dentistry. I'm not too sure what i got for my co-curricular marks, but i think they were pretty much the same as yours. in my batch, a huge number of us came from matrix, (about 90% maybe) and scoring 4.0 certainly gives you a high chance of securing a place. hostels are okay, a dentistry student is usually offered a place in 1st, 2nd or 6th college. The rooms are smaller than what you get in matrics, but they are bearable. =)

Xtraordinary
06-03-2011, 12:50 PM

Take for example, there r only 3 STPM leavers (2Chinese+1Indian) for UM dentistry 2010/2011 batch while others are mainly matrix/asasi students. Hence, u do stand a great chance in getting d offer, plus your pretty high achievement in koko mark.

CelineD
07-03-2011, 08:02 PM
just wondering:
in UM (or any other public U's for that matter) is highlighted hair allowed?

:)

Xtraordinary
07-03-2011, 08:06 PM
just wondering:

Yes, i hv many Medic and Dentistry friends whose hair r highlighted/dyed.

weixiang
07-03-2011, 10:32 PM
just wondering:

Yup, 100% allowed as long as the color is not too striking or 'out-of-ordinary'. :P

joan2468
17-04-2011, 11:30 AM
This may seem like an odd question, but does anyone know if UM makes exceptions for local applicants with good A-levels results? I visited the UM booth at the Jom Masuk U edufair and I was told by the representative that it is possible to enter with A-levels for courses from the Faculty of Languages and Linguistics, but I'd have to write a letter to UM first.

sugan
19-04-2011, 01:11 PM
could someone show me the site for cost& fees for local undergraduates, please?

( i have been searching but i just found for international students)
________
Web shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

adamreza
12-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi, I'm currently pursuing a Diploma in Accountancy at UiTM. I'm in my 5th semester. My current Gpa is 3.85. I'm particularly keen on reading Economics at UM. What are the chances of me getting accepted into UM with my results? Will I get any paper exemptions?

vanderyow
17-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi I am an SPM leaver, planning to do A-levels at BAC under Star Education Fund, but I have a question: Can I proceed to do Bachelor of Laws at UM? Thanks a lot in advance. XD

Chelsea
18-05-2011, 12:03 AM
the usual answer: yes it is possible to apply. but admission is difficult because priority is given to matrics and stpm students. anyways congrats on your scholarship.

vanderyow
18-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Thanks, this was my saviour as my other scholarships failed, esp. JPA, initially I wanted to go to Form 6, but I thought of it as unsuitable since I would study almost nothing about Law. I hope I can enter, thanks alot chelsea.

TheRedeemed
19-05-2011, 01:57 AM

Anyone can help us with that?

i have been searching for it too.

Anyone knows the costs of studying medicine in UM?

the study fees..

would be grateful for help

melindaL
24-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Would it be redundant to put UM pharmacy as my fifth choice for UPU application?

Smilehoe
25-05-2011, 10:42 AM

the study fees..

I'm not studying med but here's a typical breakdown of the costs of a 4 year programme, total fees for 4 years would be 40000+, of that, the government is subsidizing 30000+, which leaves around 10000+ for 8 semesters.

PTPTN would give around 28000 for 8 semesters (disbursed at the start of each semester). It's sufficient for the remaining school fees, accommodation, food and other expenses. So you shouldn't worry much about finance in public uni.

My guess would be that it's quite similar to med students as well, in that all expenses are covered by government subsidy and loans.

stephanie89
18-06-2011, 11:51 PM

the study fees..

it's around 9000/year.

cheekang
24-06-2011, 01:05 AM

http://umisisweb.um.edu.my/doc/skr/Yuran/Yuran%20Ijazah%20Dasar%20%28Warganegara%20-%20updated%2013jun2011%29%20website.pdf

Check this link, there are course fees for each courses in UM. Hope this can help you!

khaiyen92
17-07-2011, 09:10 PM
May i know more about KK2?? :P

zahra
21-07-2011, 06:33 PM
For those who are joining the Medical Faculty of UM, doing MBBS for the 2011/2012 session, feel free to join us on facebook :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/130514717035343

gjy677
21-07-2011, 07:23 PM
May i know more about KK2?? :P

You got KK2? Which course are you in?

UnstaBle
25-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi all seniors,i am new here~~entering UM on coming september, i am arranged into KK8. May i know that applied chemistry course in UM okay or not? And my family kinda worry abt the career opportunities in future for the course....Any experienced senior has any idea about the career opportunities for the course?? if yes, please do share with me~~~~Thanks

khaiyen92
25-07-2011, 09:56 PM
You got KK2? Which course are you in?

dentistry :)

jaybee-hui
26-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Anyone from Biochemistry? Mind to share some about the lecturers, lab facilities and etc about UM?

ohyying
28-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Anyone from Biochemistry? Mind to share some about the lecturers, lab facilities and etc about UM?

Im not from biochem...but i think i can share abit here...coz im oso from the institute of biological sciences...jz different major from u....hmm...theres 1 very very professional professor in ur dept...prof amru...he taught me biochem...really gud....then theres a relatively new lect, dr. sim whom i think will b teaching u for quite a few classes..there are other lecturers though..however, i think ur batch will hav new syllabus...so not too sure if u guys are still going thru wat we went thru (first year : general bio classes,with students from other majors second year :specific and usually wif ur own coursemates).....first year labs are abit old-ish.....but facilities wise, dun worry..they are well-equipped....theres a fellow recommer whus doing biochem...his nickname on recom is starlemon.....

rainheart
09-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Is accomadation readily available in the residential college for international student? And how much money they take for the first installment in engineering course? :)

BobbyL
12-04-2012, 10:34 AM
May I know whether the teaching is done in english or BM?:wink

dongdong
13-07-2012, 06:36 PM
im offered for law course in UM for this 2012/2013 intake..can i change my course to accountancy since i was account stream in maticulation previously...what should i do?? is there any possiblilty to change the course??

Feni2008
13-07-2012, 07:15 PM
im offered for law course in UM for this 2012/2013 intake..can i change my course to accountancy since i was account stream in maticulation previously...what should i do?? is there any possiblilty to change the course??

hi, congratz~
There got a possibility to change. I still remind 1 of my friend was successfully changed from law into accountancy,but he only success after he moved into second semester in law.

dragonking007
15-07-2012, 09:21 PM
I got offer from UM and USM for computer science. Not many people are talking about it... can someone tell me how good UM is? (compared to USM computer science)... Thank you!:)

dongdong
15-07-2012, 09:34 PM
hi, congratz~
There got a possibility to change. I still remind 1 of my friend was successfully changed from law into accountancy,but he only success after he moved into second semester in law.

does that means i have to wait for 1 sem to change my course?? can you explain briefly what are the procedure??:(

SapphireDragon
16-07-2012, 12:58 PM
does that means i have to wait for 1 sem to change my course?? can you explain briefly what are the procedure??:(

Why did you get UM Law in the 1st place? Is it your 1st choice?

yuki5050
16-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone, may i know is there any senior in um medic here?

Feni2008
16-07-2012, 06:28 PM

i am not really sure about the procedures for course transfer within different faculty.:P

lpsoldier007
17-07-2012, 11:23 AM

Yes you can change your course. It can be done during Haluan Siswa week. You should be alert for any announcement made by the Pembantu Mahasiswa or University's Staffs.

But the main rule is, SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.

I got offer from UM and USM for computer science. Not many people are talking about it... can someone tell me how good UM is? (compared to USM computer science)... Thank you!:)

UM ranked better than USM. :)

dongdong
19-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Why did you get UM Law in the 1st place? Is it your 1st choice?
no.....its my 4th choice....

dongdong
20-08-2012, 11:22 PM
hi..can anyone share info about d um hostel?? what stuff to bring?? and i gt kolej kediaman 7..it seems to be very far from d law faculty when i view d campus map...

salmonhead
27-08-2012, 10:12 PM
hi..can anyone share info about d um hostel?? what stuff to bring?? and i gt kolej kediaman 7..it seems to be very far from d law faculty when i view d campus map...

Bring the usual stuff to survive on campus. Pail, washing powder, hangers, clothes, enough cash to run out to the mini mart/Mid Valley to buy any things you may have overlooked... ;P

Yes, it's pretty far. About half an hour's walk. If you plan on walking, take the shortcut through the Arts and Social Sciences Faculty towards the Main Library - saves you about 10 mins!

UM provides shuttle bus however, and you need to buy a shuttle bus card that will last for a semester. The shuttle buses have a few routes, make sure you get on the right ones :) They tend to be a bit cramped during the morning peak hours, but nothing much to fuss about. Expect to wait up to half an hour for the next bus if you happen to miss the previous one.

salindream
01-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi. Is anyone here a postgraduate students? i will register as a postgraduate students next week. The problem now is about my registration fee. What amount should i pay for the registration fee? For engineer course, the fee for tahap 1 is rm6k++ according to the fee structure. Should i pay the whole amount or can i pay partially? Since i'm selffinancing and in process to apply the loan, its quite hard for me to pay without knowing the exact amount. Please, anyone who knows?

ahsim158
17-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Hi, im havin an interview soon at UM, law course
Could i actually get a bttr in depth about how.s da life as a law students (any year)? because my frens tell me its rely hard..
Also concerning da subjects u will take?

Much appreciated :) and sorry if da questioned has been asked or is redundant :)