Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

What Should I do after SPM

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Should I do after SPM

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What Should I do after SPM

i m a science stream student who is going to sit for SPM end of this month
    my forecast results:
    BM-A-
    BI-A
    BC-A
    Add maths-A
    Maths-A
    Chemistry-A-
    Biology-A-
    Physics-A
    History-A+
    Moral-A+

i dont know whether i should continue to study science stream or shift to art stream after SPM...........
    if i move to art stream i will consider to take accountancy, what pre-U course should i take that can finally further my study to overseas? and is there any schorlarship available for accountancy?
    if i choose to continue science stream, i think i will more prefer to do engineering. if i take A-levels what r the subject i must take?

Thx

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: what should i do after SPM

Hi LWSiang, good to see that you actually know what you want. You shouldn't seperate the subject into art and science, because nowadays both are starting to complement each other, and you need knowledge in both fields.

The 2 choice you have now is Accounting or Engineering. What you need to do now is not to see what the scholarships offers, but see what you see yourself in 20 years times. Will you enjoy your life as accountant or engineer?

I am a Mechanical Engineering student, and my brother is an accountant. So I think I am a good candidate to tell you what you can expect.

Judging by your forecast result, I think you are a good student. So I guess you want to excel in career also, but in what sense? You want good money, doing something for people or a relaxed life? you can't choose all so you need to know what give you the sense of satisfaction.

As an accountant most probably you work for an accounting firm, like Ernst and Young, or PriceWaterHouseCooper, or any Big4 company. I can tell you that the pay is good, but you must also expect stressful workload.

As an Engineer than it will depend on what type of engineer you are, because engineering field is too wide. For me, I am aiming for consultation firm with R&D, such company are AECOM, Panasonic, Accenture and so on. The good thing is that life will not be routined and I get to 'play' with many stuff. However, the pay is not as much as an accountant and it's better to have a Master or phD for the R&D field.

A-levels and STPM are usually for student who have not yet decide what to do. Since you know what you want, you might as well join a pre-U program and you can start your degree right after that, without wasting plenty of time.

Sunway has a good pre-U accounting program with overseas opportunities. Unless you are sure the A-level can take you to a good overseas university (not all overseas uni are good), then you might as well choose a pre-U engineering program also. If you insist, certain uni such as Nottingham provide twinning program, meaning you spent a few years locally, then a few years abroad.

I wish you all the best! Make malaysia proud!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kkhong For This Useful Post:

Primary School Children
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys! i'm also as same as you LWSiang, im sitting for spm next 2 weeks haha. my trial result quite as same as you also, straight A but im still scared for spm :S

oh btw i'm kinda into mathematics and i like to travel haha so i hope seniors also can suggest options of careers that suit me.

im thinking about accountant and engineering too, but i think i'll pass the engineering because i dont think im into that stuff haha im not innovative enough to invent something plus im not good at drawing! haha.

i want a career that i enjoy doing it and the same time good incomes i was thinking about actuarist but people said it is damn hard :S

anyhow thanks in advance

The Iron Fist Chief Editor of ReMag
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The highest-paying jobs mostly involve the corporate/finance sector. Investment banking, corporate law, etc. Interested in any of those?

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Glassylicious For This Useful Post:

ReCom Staff Wiki Contributor Nicholasng925's Avatar
    London, United Kingdom / Seri Kembangan, Selangor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miemoe View Post
    oh btw i'm kinda into mathematics and i like to travel haha so i hope seniors also can suggest options of careers that suit me.

i want a career that i enjoy doing it and the same time good incomes i was thinking about actuarist but people said it is damn hard :S

anyhow thanks in advance
    Actuarial Science is undoubtedly one of the toughest courses available, and is suitable for people who loves Maths like you, however not all people who loves Maths are capable to study it. Generally Maths itself comprises of Pure Maths, Mechanics and Statistics. People who loves Statistics have huge advantage since they have interest lies within it, but if you study it just cause of high incomes, in the end you'd only be suffering in the process of passing the professional papers. Well, go for it if you think you can endure the challenge!
    =[(*The Three Rules of Work*)]=

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.
    2. From discord, find harmony.
    3. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.
    =[{Albert Einstein}]=

Feel free to visit my blog here!!!

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok..........
    IF what i want is a good pay, then which 1 should i choose?
    i heard that sunway accountancy graduates normally earnes
    about RM 2500-3000 when they start working in those "Big Fives" accounting firm( Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG, Deloitte and BDO Binde)
    how about engineers like civil engineer, mechanical Engineers??

ReCom Staff Wiki Contributor
    ReMag Writer
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LWSiang View Post
    if i move to art stream i will consider to take accountancy, what pre-U course should i take that can finally further my study to overseas? and is there any schorlarship available for accountancy?
    if i choose to continue science stream, i think i will more prefer to do engineering. if i take A-levels what r the subject i must take?

Thx
    JPA offers scholarships for Accountancy in NZ, Australia and the UK. You'll do your foundation locally (AUSMAT) for 1.5 years, then go abroad for 3 years. I'm currently doing Accounting under JPA so if you have any queries don't be shy to ask.

PS : I used to be a science stream student also.
    "But what do you say to taking chances,
    What do you say to jumping off the edge?
    Never knowing if there's solid ground below
    Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
    What do you say,
    What do you say?"

And thus laments the hopeless romantic that is yours truly.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What Should I do after SPM

the problem is i didn`t take accounts in my SPM...........
    i dont think the JPA will consider giving me this schorlarship
    i heard that they seldom give the schorlarship for accounting to science stream student(what i learn is that they will only consider giving u if u take both accounting and economics in SPM)

ReCom Staff ReMag Writer cycycy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LWSiang View Post
    the problem is i didn`t take accounts in my SPM...........
    i dont think the JPA will consider giving me this schorlarship
    i heard that they seldom give the schorlarship for accounting to science stream student(what i learn is that they will only consider giving u if u take both accounting and economics in SPM)
    JPA has its conditions, 'sekurang-kurangnya' how many As from a list of subjects for each course, but I forgot the details. No, economics in SPM is not a prerequisite for JPA accounting. My classmate got accounting in Australia, and she only took prinsip akaun as an additional subject.
    If I can stop one heart from breaking,
    I shall not live in vain.
    ~
    Emily Dickinson~

* Blog * Facebook *
    Once an Ausmatian, forever an Ausmatian. Ausmatians for life! (:

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi dominic, can u kindly shared with us about the details of the JPA scholarship u got:

country offered:
    SPM Results:-
    Top Achievement in Sports:-
    Top Achievement in Co-Curricular Activiites:-
    Top Achievement in Other Achievements:-
    Family Income (<5k, 5-10k, >10k):-

Interview Topic:-
    Resources you use to prepare:-
    Tips for future year students:-
    (Feel free to include more info)

thx a lot =)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast