man hopefully i wont be shoot with that question this morning.. Im afraid when i say something about getting good pointer for the entrance exam at SNU then go straight to degree.. They will shoot me with.. 'where did u come out with that idea?? Or are u sure u can do that??' haha just goin to do my all later..
I'm going to have my interview at 11:05 today .. wohoo.. but at first, WASHROOM LOL~
Man am soo relieved now that its over. My interview was at 8.50 so meaning that we are the 2nd group after the 1st 8.00am group entered the interview room. I thought the waiting room was gonna be like the waiting room in the Holiwood week in American idol, but i was wrong.. haha the waiting room is more like a "bilik ceramah" sort of room. So yea, enough of that.. FYI i am the only guy in my group.. there are 3 girls which are all chinese and 1 malay girl from ampang who switched her interviewing location to Kota Kinabalu due to a family errands.. I am the FIRST panel.. hahah i am very happy with it, since i've read many posts here saying that being the 1st panel is a good thing.. haha no comment bout that. The heart pounding moment only last for a minute or so after we entered the interviewing room.. there are 3 interviewers all together.. a women, which has a Dr tittle from UMS, a guy.. jpa people i guess, and another guy from kementrian science and technology.. I am the only person taking korean engineering, my other groupmates are taking law and architecture.. Jeng3.. the soalan cupe emas started.. "sila perkenalkan diri anda".. says the guy in the middle.. being the 1st panel and the only guy in the group and no one seems to say anything.. I raised my hand and asked for permission to start from my groupmate and the interviewer.. since he asked in malay.. then I introduced myself in Bm.. among all, mine was the shortest.. darn it.. hahaha some of them said something about their course and why they want it.. then when that part was over.. the guy in the middle started asking(in BM) about kesan pergi ke luar negara utk bljr and our opinion on the graduates who don't want to come back to Malaysia to serve for our country and how would it affect Malaysia.. they also asked about how we are going to convince them that we are going back to malaysia.. and again it was asked in BM.. for both of the question i volunteered to start first.. i hope i didnt look like trying to dominate the whole session.. haha but being the only guy and to hold the no1 tag really helps.. tho the talking was mainly done in BM but at some point the interviewer would ask u to speak in english.. Guess what, throughout the interview we only talked about that matter! ahhaha no group discussion tho.. the whole session went on like a meeting on how to ensure out graduates will come back to malaysia.. hahah After all the research i've done on korea and why should i study overseas.. i dont even have the chance to tell that to the interviewer.. cuz they didint even ask anything related to our course or why going to that country.. =_=" i regret to not mentioning why i choose korea in the introduction part.. well what done is done.. let by gone be by gone.. haha
suggestions- sit straight and dont lean to the chair.. ahha that way u can see the ur frend talking easily and ur body language will be seen easily.. i know many people mention this before but i want to emphasize it again... "go and make friend with ur groupmates" it really3 help u.. haha and also to LOOK at the interviewers whenever u are speaking.. eye contact is essential! haha sorry to have rambled so much.. hope it helps in anyway possible for next year's students applying for this course.. hehe
donn_m , i assumed u are doing ur interview at INTAN? same here..
i'll post my experience soon.. ~
Repost from JPA 2011 Experience Sharing..Course Applied: Chemical Engineering ( Korea Diploma Programme )
Venue: INTAN, Kampus Sabah
|Young Malay Woman - Doctor| | A Malay Man |
| An Indian Man - From Minister Of Science & Technology |
| 3 Chinese - 1 Guy, 2 Girls | | 1 Malay Girl | | Me - Bumiputra Sabah |
Before the interview - This is THE MERAPU part
- Woke up at 8:05, then prepared myself. Arrived at Kampus Intan around 9:40am. I was stranded there alone. I don't know where to go but then I asked some parents where's the interview place. So they pointed the way. Arrived at the waiting room, saw LIST OF NAMEs and I have to sign on it but I don't have pen that time. So, I called my brother to turn back. LOLx. After I signed it, I entered the waiting room. There was a girl sitting there alone. Here name R++, but I didn't talk to her. After awhile, a chinese boy came in. He sat at the back, then I offered him a handshake. I asked his name and he told me that his was name Jeremeah ( If I'm not mistaken ), then the girl was like looking at us, then I offered her to sit beside me. Then we talked a bit, they're so quiet, so I have to start a conversation with them. After a moment, a girl came in. She looks like a lawyer, then I asked her, what is she taking. Law she said. .. Then, the group before us finished their interview, and they look so happy.. LOL.. They entered the waiting room as they were waiting for their clear folder. So, I asked one of the girl, what are the questions they asked? She said , it's about current issues. So, I was like ok .
Then, next to her, there was one very COMEL girl. Haha, i thought she was a Chinese, asked her .. IF she's a chinese, she said "no, i'm kadazan".. And everyone including me , R+, the law girl and jeremeah laugh. XD.
An Indian girl came in, she's not in my panel though. We talk a little, then I asked her, what is her result "all A+?" i said. and she nodded " yeah ".. Then I was like, WOAH... WOAH... Woaaahh~.. WOAHHH~~ again.. hahaha.. i even asked her permission to let me take a look on her slip. Then I woaaaahhh!! again and asked if she cried. and she said YES.. hahahaha..
The fifth panel, ( Sakinah - Malay girl ) was a little bit late. I started to confront her and talked a little bit before we went into the interview room.
During the interview
- Before entering the interview room, we're asked to Que. I got tag no.2. Jeremeah ( No.1 ) knock the door, and we follow. There were 5 sits, and all of us stand before the sit. We only take our sit just after the interviewer told us to do so.
- First, the Malay man congratulated us for getting such a good result in SPM.
- Then, he asked us to introduce ourself. It can be done in English or BM, he asked in BM, but I answered him in English instead. I believe that I caught the young malay woman attention when I was introducing myself as she was clearly watching me. I talk about my name,where I from, my former school, my parents occupation, my siblings , and my co-cu. I only introduced half of my co-cu because the young malay woman keep staring at me and I ngup~.. xD..
- After No.5 finished introducing herself, then. The Malay Man start asking.
" Dasar Kerajaan Malaysia menggalakkan para graduan untuk berkerja secara sendirian. Apakah pandangan anda? Dan bagaimanakah untuk menjayakan dasar ini?" ( Something like this )
-- I offered to answer, but then the Malay man said, maybe my question wasn't clear enough so he repeated the question and said we can discuss for 2 minutes and we don't have to answered it on the spot
- Then, after 2 minutes, I asked him again the question " Is this bla bla bla?" Then he said, "a`ah, macam tu lah". So , I requested to answer it again, I said .. bekerja secara sendirian adalah baik, kerana pekerja yang bekerja secara sendirian adalah sangat baik kerana mereka dapat meluangkan banyak masa contohnya seperti ayah saya yang bekerja secara sendirian dan dia mampu meluangkan masa bersama dengan keluarga pada bila2x masa. ( There was a word that makes me look bad. The REAKSI word, lol.. I repeat it like 2-3 times , then the young malay woman grinned a bit ) hahaha.. Then so on so on ( other panel )
- Then, the Indian Man gives us another topic of discussion . "You guys read newspaper right? ( I saw someone beside me said yes, and i said yes too ) ..So, he asked . What are the current issues in Malaysia right now? ( Please make sure you guys didn't repeat the same issues ) . So, at first I was thinking to talk about the landslide that happens in my hometown. But, before talking about that I said. The current issues in malaysia
"General Election In Sarawak , and " .. Then he said, ok let's focus on general election, what is the isu there? .. I stucked.. xD.. I knew that Najib was visiting the church etc etc, but I didn't know that it's because of Isu Bible >_<" ( die ).. so i didn't talk about najib. I said sorry twice.. Haha.. Then he said, who's the current Chief Minister Of Sarawak?.. again I said, Sorry I don't know. The Chief Minister of Sabah? I replied, Datuk Seri Haji Musa Aman. Then he replied "YOU'RE SAFE" with a proud face. I give a sigh of relief there. Haha..
- Then, Jeremeah talk about stg ( ain remember ), R+ talk about UEC and private school, the law girl talk about something SOMEONE DIE ( politics member if im not wrong ) , and the malay girl talk about nuclear power plant. I at first want to help them to answer but just before I did that, they moved to another person and start a new discussion. Haha..
- The Malay Man turns, he asked. "During your school period, have you ever feel STRESSED when you're studying? Did you enjoy studying?" .. Here again, I raised my hand. So I bla bla bla, I don't feel stressed when studying but It instead makes me feel so cool and relax. I like to spend more time on studying compared to watching tv and sleeping ( the panels and the young malay woman grin because before that the law got said, her hobby was watching tv -- she said, she know it's kinda weird to bla bla bla but i got a lots when watching tv ) .. Haha, then before continuing, I look at her and said I'm sorry.. then I continue, "when i'm not studying, i feel so weird and uncomfortale so study really does help me to feel relax".. jeremeah continue and I keep nodding ( sign of agreeing ) .. He said, school should do this and that.. then the law girl start, yeah especially the experiment it's really fun for example the belah katak." .. then the indian man said, haha everyone like to have fun.. we all laugh.. then they said why katak.. then we bla bla bla, and the malay girl said, because if you use cicak it's too small ma.. LOL.. then i raised my hand, i think we use katak because we can see their organs more clearly. Then the doctor ( young woman said ) , other than katak, tikus is the another alternative. Why didn't you guys use tikus instead? .. the law girl replied, because our school is clean, no tikus there.. everyone laughed. The indian man said, then we can tangkap the tikus at your home loh. LOL.. hahahaha.
- Then, the Malay man said, before we end our discussion, do you have any questions?
---> I asked about
1) how many % for interview?
-- they said they don't know, but the JPA have the system to calculate.
2) how many seats offered?
- I said, last year was 1,500. This year how many? They said, it's around that.. we're not sure, and they said they didn't even know it was 1,500 lat year haha..
3) which do you think is better, civil or chemical?
- I told them about my dilemma, the indian man said. "I know what is your daddy is planning, he wants to make a family who works as 1 company " just before he said that, they asked what is my dad job. I told them it's about tender then they quickly said my dad is a contractor, and I nodded .
The End Of The Interview
- I was thinking , if Jeremeah is going to shake their hands. But I realised that he didn't. So, I move forward and offered a handshake to all the interviewers.
- I was the first one to reach the door, so I opened the door for everyone to walk out. Then, I closed the door while saying thank you and giving them a nice smile.
Rating: Less THAN 6 / 10 (I guess) - What do you think?
- Makes friend with your panel, try to be friendly ( as I did ) and It's so fun to talk with everyone. Like we've known each other for a long time.
- Try to be in the discussion. Ex : Nodding when other panel is pointing out their opinion .
Additional info: ANOTHER MERAPU PART
- I met my old friend here... haha, and I had a great experiences knowing everyone. I even speak ENGLISH here more than I usually do. Haha. Really fun fun fun.. I don't have high hope to be offered after the interview because I feel like I can do much better, but still I still have some hope. Finger crossed.
- They did checked your CERTIFICATE (the clerk)
- I didn't talked about my courses and which country I applied, I'm in regret because I did lots of research on that. Haha..
- Seems like, lots of ppl is applying for France/German Engineering . I hope this would be an advantage to me.
- I didn't expect the BEKERJA SENDIRI, and POLITICS stuff >_<".. bad bad..
Don't you think I keep answering the question first even though I have tag no.2?
xD. But, that time, no one is trying to answer, so I raised my hand first. And , I just give one-two point per answer. So that my mate still have more answer to come.
Wow, its so nice seeing juniors talking in Recom. Anyway, i'm a senior of Korean Program in SNU.
To clear all misconceptions about Korean program - this program is also a degree program not just a diploma program (the program name is just for namesake) you will go to university and you will get a degree at a Korean university. Don't fret about that! About the new policy of chemical, electronic and mechanical is new and i can't really say about that cause there are seniors here taking a variety of engineering, e&e, mech&aero, chem, material, industrial etc...
Anyway if u guys have questions just post it here ^_^!!!