Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

Bersih 3.0 Rally

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Bersih 3.0 Rally

ReCom Staff ReMag Writer nicholas93's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bersih 3.0 Rally

Quote Originally Posted by henry_yew View Post
    I think it's important for us not to mix "government" with "court" together. Both entities are supposed to be independent, meaning the court should not be influenced by the government.

Of course, the keyword here is "supposed to be".
    yeah, its just that the line between those two is irreversably blurred.
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently there's now video evidence confirming that Anwar and Azmin Ali signalled the protesters to breach Dataran. GG.
    Inspire and be inspired.

Primary School Children
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    Apparently there's now video evidence confirming that Anwar and Azmin Ali signalled the protesters to breach Dataran. GG.
    not surprised.

seems like anwar lose a bit in this politic tug of war. Waiting for video evidence confirming BN sending troublemakers into the crowd. afterall, BN is the experienced one here. anwar oh anwar.

politics.
    Last edited by quest_5692; 30-04-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Young View Post
    that may cost PR dearly even though it is nothing compared to the BN wall of shame

ReCom Staff ReMag Writer Nicholas92's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether it's true or not, this is exactly why they should've barred these opposition leaders from giving speeches and the like - Ambiga should've been a lot more firm in distancing herself from the opposition leaders this time around. Of course they'd take the opportunity to give anti-government speeches and all.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just found out that article 10 of the malaysian constitution gives us the right to freedom of speech and expression, the right to assemble peacefully without arms and the right to form associations... at the parliament's discretion. WOW, this system is screwed.

Wiki Contributor Wiki Contributor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas92 View Post
    *gasp* how u noes??

The 'hijacking' aspect was pretty annoying. While I'd still say most of the people there were pushing for electoral reform, I heard a LOT of anti-Lynas, anti-BN shouting and cheering. Which was annoying because it told me lots of people were just there not really giving a crap about the proper movement behind it. But that's a rally for you - people using it as an outlet for expression, never mind the original intention. It's not necessarily negative, mind, but in this case I think it takes away from the message and only hurts Bersih (making it look a lot more anti-government than it should be).

And yes, a few bad apples. You have your typical minority of rowdy, trouble-seeking gangsters and such, and all it takes are a couple of agent provocateurs to stir them up - simple. I also don't entirely blame the police, because their orders come from higher places (though I certainly disapprove of them pursuing people way beyond Dataran Merdeka).
    As much as i hated the police's violence towards the reporters, i also agree with you that the people ie. rally participants should learn how to stay calm... dont break down and go against the law, not bcos we are chicken, but bcos once u go against their ruling, you've actually fallen into thier trap..thus what is happening now, this will be use as a valid reason for the government to condemn the rally.

That aside, i really do believe that among those 100k plus plus participants, there are planted agents in it to create provocation and havoc...we cant deny the possibility of this happening too btw.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zulhelmi View Post
    Hmmm... Kalau tengok video tu, memang nampak kot DSAI yang bg hint dan signal suruh masuk. THEN baru police start tembak tear gas.
    DSAI bagi signal dekat yang sorang berdiri tinggi tu, pastu orang pulak jerit masuk masuk.
    So IMO, Police did what they were told to do; to keep people out of Dataran Merdeka. Like you said, everyone was there including the police since the night before. Kalau police intentionally nak musnahkan Bersih, dari semalam diorang dah buat. Same goes with Bersih, kalau nak buat kacau dari semalam dah buat.
    I think we could all agree that there was some provocation made at the very last minute and that's why it turned ugly eventually. Basically, I still believe NON of these would have happened if there was no rally AT ALL. Previous experiences told us that these kind of rallies EVENTUALLY turned ugly.

Now, questions might arise such as who made those provocations? Then one would say it was those who joined the rally? Then tanya balik ye ke? I think those are government puppets then it goes on and on. BUT we could all also agree that DSAI was one of the provocateurs.
    There is now another video that shows DSAI and his assistant were simply trying to disperse the crowd. Don't depend on videos to form judgement or else we risk getting duped! (This is the same for both pro and anti-Bersih videos). Also, we were not trying to prove that the police was going to musnahkan Bersih. Majority of the police were carrying out their duties as imparted to them, i.e. guarding the border. They should be applauded for being responsible officials for trying to maintain order during the rally. Although, some of them undeniably contributed to compounding the event at the end. (why go tear gas protesters from two blocks away?)

What anti-Bersih supporters, such as our PM, DPM and the mainstream media were trying to establish are these: (i) Malaysians are absolutely not mature enough to handle large rallies and (ii) bersih is an inherently a violent gathering.

As we have been trying to show: this is incorrect. Close to 10,000 Malaysians maintained their composure for approximately 10 hours, under the hot sun, to rally for what they believe was right. This itself is enough of a proof that they are mature, composed, and they know what they're getting into. The violence at the end was caused by only some group of culprits

At this stage, we don't know who the culprits exactly are. We do not know who should really be blamed for instigating the fight. BUT, we can already, firmly and without doubt, conclude that some people are absolutely guilty. These people are our politicians in current coalition, and the mainstream media . They are guilty of refusing any credit to a 10 hour peaceful protest by 10,000 individuals, twisting the entire event by broadcasting only on the last two hours of the rally, on the small groups of culprits, and extrapolate those events to portray the entire rally as inherently violent. They are guilty of slander and being dishonest to the people .

I apologies for the harsh words, but as usual I am interested to hear your thoughts on this.
    Last edited by Seiryu; 30-04-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    If you see me replying, it means I'm bored.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well put. i feel the bersih movement is the trailblazer for what may ultimately become malaysians' active push(versus constant complaining) for better governance in the interest of our nation's future. and so it is inevitable that some will take that opportunity to air frustration about 54 years worth of grievances, even though that inadvertently harms the main point of the whole thing.

twenty years down the line, malaysia may look back at the bersih rallies as the tipping point when malaysians looked at fifty-odd years of hurt and mismanagement, treason and corruption and oppression, bribery and tyranny and said "enough is enough" and took a stand. at least that is my hope.

Primary School Children
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shuwenteo View Post
    We now have strong evidence that cops hit people intentionally. Share it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Jb9k_iNOE
    wow! great video! why do you all cut the first 10 seconds when the crowd assaults the car? are you sure this is intentional? the police was so badly injured by the crowd who threw rocks into the car.

hope you can explain this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHhfd...eature=related

see how badly the police car was injured, can you still shout truthfully with your dear heart, the cops bang the two guys intentionally? this kind of act reminds me of BN's old trick, take a part of the video and create a story out of it. now the oppositions had learnt it too.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast