Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

[Urgent]What after SPM? I need some advices.

Thread: [Urgent]What after SPM? I need some advices.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation [Urgent]What after SPM? I need some advices.

Hi everyone, I'm facing hard times now. I'm a SPM 2011 leaver and after I got my SPM result I've applied most of the scholarships available. At this stage, I got the The Star Education Fund which offers me 1year foundation & 3years Bachelor of Business in Finance in Help University College (I wonder why there's only Finance, but not something like Banking&Finance / Accounting&Finance). The fund only covers the tuition fee so the others fee I have to bear myself (Approx RM7000 for 4years). However, I did attend Felda's & Taylor's 1st round interview, while the outcome remains unknown. I've also applied Maybank, Sime Darby & JPA - Germany.

My SPM result is not that good (4A+,5A,1A-,1B+) [Math, Add Math, Physics, Chem - A+, Bio, Eng, Moral, Sej, EST - A, BM A-, BC - B+] Problem is that, I'll think if I accept the scholarship given by The star, I've no chance to get [maybe] the better offer after my STPM. I think if I get CGPA 3.5&above plus if I get a place in Top50 Uni in the world, I can apply PILN scholarship in 2014. Or perhaps I can get other scholarships. So maybe I'll study my degree course in overseas.

Apparently I come from a low-income family, to be more precise, my parents have divorced and my mother is the only pillar in my family with monthly income RM3000. So she can't afford to support me if I didn't get any financial support.

Could anyone help me out in this case? Should I just play safe and accept the scholarship and study in Help for 4years and only continue my postgrad overseas [if I could], or take the risk to study Form 6 and wait for the better chance? Maybe UM / UKM is better than HELP institution?

One more question, my passion lies on Math and Physics. So actually it doesn't matter if I get a course like engineering or finance. But what's the difference between Finance and Banking&Finance?

I really hope that someone could share his/her experience here and give me some advice. I have to reply The Star by today. Thank you.
    Last edited by Clonza; 26-04-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Secondary School Student wannie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: [Urgent]What after SPM? I need some advices.

Sorry if it's too late to reply you, but if I were you, don't take the risk. So did you accept the Star education fund? I heard that there is no bond, I'm not so sure.

http://theirhistory.blogspot.com

If you need my advice or anything, you can PM me at www.facebook.com/shiann.wan and i will try my best to answer you when I'm free Spams will not be entertained.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wannie View Post
    Sorry if it's too late to reply you, but if I were you, don't take the risk. So did you accept the Star education fund? I heard that there is no bond, I'm not so sure.
    Hey thanks, why you suggested me not to take the risk anyway? By the way I think you can read the post here, is actually same. - http://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15273

Secondary School Student wannie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kay I've just read it. All the best! Yes, I think pre U (STPM, A levels) opens more doors and if you do really really well, chances are there. However, you must remember that you've just taken a leap of faith. Please please please have a contingent plan lest everything doesn't go your way. I've seen way too many disappointments to realise that we must anticipate the worse (the higher your expectations, the more likely you are to have deeper disappointments). Just work wayyy harder ok? Your SPM results are good, but you should be aware that you're competing with people who have results similar to or better than yours. Just remember that it is not impossible to achieve them. After all, a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Any questions on university or scholarships applications, you can ask me.

Cheers.

http://theirhistory.blogspot.com

If you need my advice or anything, you can PM me at www.facebook.com/shiann.wan and i will try my best to answer you when I'm free Spams will not be entertained.

Primary School Children
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also would advice to take the star scholarship. at least you're secure of a degree course. cannot say how you will fare in stpm. most say that it is very high level compared with spm. don't take a chance if you cannot afford it.

Primary School Children jialing10's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I am new here. I was SPM leaver 2011 and planning to pursue STPM because I wish to study abroad for my degree(with scholarship because my family has financial constraint-so A-levels is out of the question). I am interested in economics and engineering too.

May I know which oversea universities are generous in offering full financial aids for international students? Or would it be better if I try to apply JPA 2014 PILN with my STPM? Really need your advice! Thank you in advance!

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jialing10 View Post
    Hi, I am new here. I was SPM leaver 2011 and planning to pursue STPM because I wish to study abroad for my degree(with scholarship because my family has financial constraint-so A-levels is out of the question). I am interested in economics and engineering too.

May I know which oversea universities are generous in offering full financial aids for international students? Or would it be better if I try to apply JPA 2014 PILN with my STPM? Really need your advice! Thank you in advance!
    Hi, for your information, I think there's no any oversea university gives full financial aid to international student. What you can do after STPM is, send application letter to the university you hope to study in, then apply your scholarships/financial aid locally.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jialing10 View Post

No university is that generous unless you represent a golden investment to them. Usually, this is only applicable for the US Ivies or Ivy-standard universities. That in mind, comes with a helluva load of applications and procedures to follow, interviews, tests and getting a place to study there in the first place (mind you, among hundreds or thousands of Malaysians who apply, only about 5-10 get accepted every year. Some of the ivies don't even take in any Malaysians in a given year or for a few years in a row) So, unless you have something unique to offer them that no one else in the world can give, possibly there's a clear shot. If not, it's just a gamble that might cost you more than you might benefit in the end. that's happening to one of my friends now who only got UCLA conditional and wait-listed for Stanford.

Else, you need to hope on JPA PILN 2014 or some miracle with the private sector sponsors (Sime-Darby, Axiata, Shell, Astro, Maxis, etc)
    Hebrews 6 : 10
    "God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them."

Psalms 126 : 5
    "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."

Interested in finding me? Add me up facebook

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.
    alton2