Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

Petronas : Educamp 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petronas : Educamp 2014

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Petronas : Educamp 2014

Good Day! I was under Petronas sponsorship for an OVS programme in the past and that I have been (unofficially) released and that I am working in Singapore now!

Please feel free to ask any questions if required.

*note that this is another copy-paste edited version of the Educamp 2011 thread. Please do feel free to add anything if you want to.

Generally, the interview process for Petronas is called Educamp. For peninsular Malaysia, you will be having your interview in UTP. The following abstract is taken from Educamp 2009 thread. It's just a copy paste from what I written in last year's thread plus some modifications.

The following are the chronicles of my educamp way back in 2008:

Venue : Rajah Court, Kuching, Sarawak.
    Duration : 2 days 1 night

This format is specially the same with Educamp in Teronoh. There are those who check in earlier 1 and 2 nights but hardly do anything. Main idea is to get those who live further from the interview place to arrive earlier than those who live nearby. For example, if u are from Melaka, you'll be checking in earlier 1 night compared to those who stay in Kedah area. Mine on the other hand, Miri interviewee are called the earliest, followed by Sibu and lastly, Kuchingnians. Once, everyone has reached the Educamp, then only the real event begins.

First day is just total registration. You'll get a name tag to write your name on it and you have to wear it at all times. After registration,-only requires IC, you'll be called into the hall for the briefing session.

In the briefing session, it first starts of with talks from heads of PETRONAS sponsorship unit-and yes, you'll be introduced to PETRONAS song!!- Parents are invited to this welcome speech and also to stay for lunch. It is after the lunch that parents bid goodbye and we are all on our own for the rest of the programme.

In the afternoon, you'll be taught about interview skills and so on. After being taught now comes the official matter. You have to bring along certified copies of the certificates of co-curricular achievements which you've filled up in the online application form. Altogether, you must have a total of 2 sets(one to be sent for OVS programme and the other to UTP to be reviewed)
    The arrangement must be according to the sequence to what you've filled up in the application form.

Okay, I know some of you must be wondering. Is it alright for me to put in certificates or achievements which I did not fill into the application form?

The answer is YES. You are allowed to put in extra. Don't need to ask, The officers will say no-I put in extras anyway.

What you need to bring and so on you'll find out soon enough once you get the letter from PETRONAS. Wouldn't want to spoil the fun right now right?

Anyway, after sending in your certificates, that's it for the day and you'll be each given and identification number. Your ID number will tell you which session of interview are you in as well as your candidate number. I'll teach you how to read it. Okay, my number was :

A-07-04

A refers to which session. There are a few sessions-if not mistaken, there's up to session E. Okay, anyway, reading from the left, session A means that I'm in the first session to be interviewed which is running from 8.00 am to 11.00 am, session B will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and so on. Next, 07 refers to which panel you are going to be interviewed. Normally panel 7 is Room 7, so, panel 1 is room 1 and so on. Lastly, 04 refers to me being the fourth person in my group to be interviewed. Well, I'm the fourth person to be interviewed in my group.
    Okay, knowing how to read your candidate number, let's get down to interview day.

On the interview day, Session A and B will be doing their interviews first in the morning and Session B,C,D and E will do in the afternoon. When A&B are doing interview C,D and E will do written tests. But let me follow my experience here okay? I'm in session A. Oh yeah, before I forget, session E is the least lucky one as you'll be leaving in the late evening-6 or 7 something? I don't know, i didn't stay back to wait!! LOL.

For the interview, you'll be divided into groups of 5. At first, you'll all be gathered in a room together with other groups to be given a case study each. You are all given a piece of paper to do write down your points to answer the questions in the case study. You are only given 10 minutes to do this and once time is up, you will have to go to the interview room. First will be self-interview and the others will have to wait outside the room. This interview normally last up to 10 minutes-mine up to 20 minutes though!- This is when you introduce yourself for 2 minutes or so then you answer the questions to the case study.

After you finish, the interviewer will tell you this-the most shocking thing for me!!-

At the bottom, there's a conclusion to the case study. Each of you have a different conclusion and therefore, you have to support your own conclusion and argue out later on why your conclusion is the best.

So, after the personal interview, next is the group discussion. We all tell our conclusion and debate about each other's points. My group debated for halve an hour until the interviewer had to tell us, ok guys, time is up, you have to reach a conclusion.

I noticed none of us wanted to concede so I took initiative and combined all our conclusion into one big, fat, strong conclusion. Then, worst part was when the interviewer laughed and said how is this possible? Please give an example. So, I gave the example, and it seems to have hit the nail. LOL.

Okay, after the interview, we are off for a break until the written test. Firstly, is the English Proficiency test(merely grammar and vocabulary)- 30 questions 15 minutes. After the English Proficiency test, we had another break and followed up by the Critical Thinking test(CTQ). Most of this CTQ questions are questions giving you four sequence of pictures and then ask you to predict the 5th picture. Well, just to give you clue, it's quite simple once you get the technique. All you have to do is just open your eyes wide that's all. This test will be for 20 minutes, 40 questions so it's quite mind-boggling actually but one thing's for sure, i you've run out of time, just simply shade the answers. Don't leave it unanswered!

After the interview and test, that's it!! You can check-out. One thing is that this educamp is exceptionally different from JPA interviews and you'll learn a lot from it. As we all know, some will fail, some will triumph in it, but what's matter most is the experience. It's wonderful-seriously- and therefore, you won't regret going for it as it's a once in a lifetime experience!!!

** this information is prior to Educamp 2009. It appears that Educamp 2009 has changed it's format a little bit where there's maths test involved as well. So, please revise your additional mathematics before going for your interview!

Anything more you want to find out, feel free to browse through this link for Educamp 2009 :

http://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8278

I know it would be hectic to search for the questions you would want to ask so feel free to ask in this thread anytime and I'll try to get back to you a.s.a.p. -I'm having my Easter break now.

That's all for now. All the best to your Petronas interview guys!!

Cheers mate.

EDUCAMP 2010 thread is : http://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10447

**note that some common questions would be do you have to memorise name of ministers, or CEO of Petronas?

Unless the format has changed, the answer is no.

It is based solely on case study, debate, fluency of speech and the awesomeness in you.

EDUCAMP 2011 thread is :http://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12449

**Please do note the stuffs the test during the previous few years interview process:

(1) Add Maths & Science Tests are added.

(2) Personal and Group interview is still the same.

(3) CTQ(critical thinking questions) and English Proficiency Tests are still tested.

EDUCAMP 2012 thread is: http://www.recom.org/forum/showthrea...s-Educamp-2012

Juz pop a question if you have any here. I'm very busy with work at the moment and that I can be responsive through emails only.

Feel free to ask anything and I'll do my best to help!

Cheers all.
    Last edited by senksiang90; 06-04-2014 at 07:22 PM. Reason: email cannot be shown.
    F.Y.I. I like to eat apples and bananas

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to senksiang90 For This Useful Post:

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Petronas : Educamp 2014

Thank you very much for this useful post.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, for overseas programmes, do applicants need to apply to UTP? Because in the CTC Documents checklist, they say need to have the online application form for UTP admission.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for your contribution. Sharing is caring . Anyway , Email still cannot be shown so u have got a PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I applied straight to OVS programme. Apparently, there are cases where OVS applicants gets sent to UTP. However, there are never any cases where a UTP applicant gets an OVS programme.

During the first day, as described, you will in the end be submitting to 2 departments. One to UTP ESU and the other is for OVS ESU. I'm not too sure about last year as I thought someone else would moderate this thing. Apparently not.. LOL. nevertheless, if everything stays the same, you will be applying to both sides.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to senksiang90 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(wrongly typed reply) but cannot delete
    Last edited by senksiang90; 08-04-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You received an email. Please check
    Last edited by Bean17; 08-04-2014 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Grammar

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, there is no need to apply to UTP before the interview since I'm applying to overseas program?

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When & where is your interview? What course u apply? May I ask u michellelis?
    Last edited by HornyAngMoh; 10-04-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. And if you fail to get the OVS programme, but they feel that you are good enough, they will send you to study either at UTP/local colleges(depending on your course). Those who gets OVS branch campuses like Curtin/Monash/Nottingham can still stand a chance to be sent overseas to do their final year as long as they get recommended. UTP students who graduate can also be sent OVS to do a post-graduate programme.

This however is another story. let's get you guys through the interview process first!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to senksiang90 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast