Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

TAR College A level

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TAR College A level

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! i may not be much of a help for your enquries..but i am currently studying the cambridge A levels in TARC..

It's definitely affordable, and most of the lecturers have been teaching for many years.( and they're nice too! =p ) Futhermore you can be able to get the Merit scholarship if your spm result is good =) and hold on to it so long u maintain an average results each sem.

Each subject is taught for apporximately 5 to 6 hrs in a week, and sometimes more if you are require to come for extra classes. It's all depends which subjects u take. And so the timetable is just like high school days, which is about 8am to 4pm daily.

Im not sure about the info about oxbridge though.. hopefully i do answer some of your needs here =)

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I graduated from the TARC Cambridge A Levels program last year. Here are some honest opinions:

I was in the science stream and the lecturers were very experienced, but some will be retiring in a few more years. They are helpful too, you could even expect helpful guidance if you need help with any materials outside syllabus. However, during my time there were not many skillful General Paper lecturers. A few spoke broken English but some are very good.

Not sure why when it comes to 'quality of education', Taylors emerges at the top of the list. They may have the best A Levels statistics in this country but wise judgment of 'quality' does not depend solely on that. For example, in Taylors, a student is prohibited from taking a certain subject if his/her grade in that particular subject is not satisfying. In TARC, I could see at least several rows of students with poor Further Maths grade sitting for the same exam with me. (They're not banned or anything) That explains a bit why the A Levels results from different schools may be significantly different when their quality of education is on par.

Just a piece of advice if you are intending to apply for those prestigious UK/US universities like MIT/Caltech/Cambridge/Oxford/etc: it DOES NOT really matter which school you graduate from. Getting into these top universities is a different story. You might consider seeking advices from seniors or searching for more info elsewhere. Your A Levels grade is a mere criteria they would consider, considering the fact that the number of straight A's students from A Levels is increasing every year.

On the other hand, securing a place in most scholarships is another story. An outstanding grade (straight A's) is almost a must and most require you to show leadership capabilities and have achievements in non-academic activities. It just does not depend on which school you graduate from.

If you are really going to TARC, make sure you excel in extra-curricular activities. (Quite hard since there were not many opportunities) That would ensure you at least some scholarships such as ASEAN/Nanyang to pursue your undergraduate study later.

Primary School Children
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,I will study a level in TARC this coming May.Since you'd just finished your a level there,I'd like to ask you some questions...1st,I've heard from my frends that most lecturers in TARC are taking part-time jobs,so they lack the responsibilities in teaching their students,I'm a bit worried by this.Are the lecturers really part-time and irresponsibilities?2nd,I'm taking Science stream too.Well,I heard most ppl say that chemistry is the toughest,so may i noe in your opinion,which sub is the toughest?I intend to take general paper,biology,math and chemistry.May I know can I pursue my degree in medicine only with these 4 sub?I mean without Physics this sub.3rd(personally ask question)What you want to do next after a level?4th,will there be any scholarships(including living expenses)offered for us to go overseas after a level?How can we apply for that?I'd be grateful if u can answer me these,thanks...

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the pre-university school, most lecturers assigned for A Levels students are not working part-time. You could expect many highly experienced lecturers for science subjects - Physics, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry. For General Paper, just pray that you'd be assigned a good lecturer. Some GP lecturers are just working part-time. They might not be competent but they're at least dedicated to their jobs.

Quite a proportion of students who didn't score perfect grade screwed up their chemistry. It might be the toughest science subject for some students, but it depends on individuals. Do expect some dense reading for the subject, just like biology.

With the subject combination you've just mentioned, it's easy to get into some private universities in Malaysia. STPM would be a wiser choice if you intend to enter any public universities in Malaysia. On a side note, it's nearly impossible to enter the NUS medicine school with this combination though. That's a rather 'weak' combination.

Most students (including me) choose to pursue their undergraduate studies after A Levels. I am still stuck between choosing NTU and NUS to do my engineering course at the moment.

Unfortunately, you've to look out for scholarship opportunities for yourself. TARC might recommend you to a few scholarships such as the ASEAN scholarship if you're one of the top students. You might consider searching elsewhere for scholarship opportunities.

Primary School Children
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you say so,then I'd ask what combination it needs(the best)for me to pursue my degree in medicine in NUS?I mean are Physics,Biology and Chemistry these 3 sub compulsary?

And is GP neccessary for me to enter any oversea university?If it isn't,then why should I take this sub?And what actually is this sub about?Will it be taken into consideration if I enter uni later?

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really difficult to get into NUS medicine school. The cohort is small and due to the extremely competitive nature, taking up 4 subjects (excluding GP) will still not promise you a place there. No concrete certainty.

You could drop GP if you want to. GP is not a must but it may be used for exemption from entrance English test. Different universities have different English requirements. Make sure you check those requirements imposed by the university you're aiming for.

Primary School Children
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you get any scholarships after a-level?

What about other uni?Is Physics compulsory if I want to pursue my degree in medicine?Can I just take Bio and Chemistry?

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still waiting for reply from NUS ASEAN scholarship..

Here's about NUS School of Medicine. Physics is not compulsory and it will NO LONGER be an advantage in the admissions process. Your academic grade will comprise of 50% of the total admissions score, and the other 50% will be assessed through two interviews, essay and portfolio review.

Primary School Children
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,anyone going to study a-level in TARC this 12th MAY??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by a-level gal View Post
    Hey,anyone going to study a-level in TARC this 12th MAY??
    which branch of TARC u mention?
    i think u probably mean for those who will be studying A level..
    for diploma course in Tarc,the class will commence on 20MAY..
    ~He who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love~
    St. Basil

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast