Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

IMU : All you need to know!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: IMU : All you need to know!!!

ReCom Staff Kapitan o'Wiki Mirianchoo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: IMU : All you need to know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jombelajar View Post
    Hey there. I'm a local jpa scholar going to IMU next February for medicine. i was just looking around for accommodation today and it was quite expensive. can i know how much allowance does jpa gives for each year? i know i'm local bound but i think allowance should be same anyhow. so, can anyone please please tell me how much you're getting or were getting while in malaysia? i emailed jpa officers but none replying and i didn't get my contract yet so i don't have any lampiran stating how much and etc. i need to know so that i can plan how much i can allocate for my rooms and all. now it's just december, but 90% of the rooms are already rented for next year. haiz.
    Hi Jombelajar!

I am a JPA Scholar in IMU now (under the twinning programme). Yup, your allowance is exactly the same. Here are the figures (per semester):

basic allowance excluding extras: 4620
    Kertas Projek: 75
    Alat Perkakas: 250
    Elaun Buku: 500

Total: 5445

This amount is hardly enough (only about 900 per month) so my parents are helping to subsidise my expenditure.

Hope this post helped!

By the way, I am helping out in your IMU orientation. It's going to be lots of fun!
    Last edited by Mirianchoo; 16-12-2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirianchoo For This Useful Post:

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirianchoo View Post
    Hi Jombelajar!

I am a JPA Scholar in IMU now (under the twinning programme). Yup, your allowance is exactly the same. Here are the figures (per semester):

basic allowance excluding extras: 4620
    Kertas Projek: 75
    Alat Perkakas: 250
    Elaun Buku: 500

Total: 5445

This amount is hardly enough (only about 900 per month) so my parents are helping to subsidise my expenditure.

Hope this post helped!

By the way, I am helping out in your IMU orientation. It's going to be lots of fun!
    That was super helpful. Thanks. Can i add you on facebook or something, senior ? =p
    And and, is the book allowance enough?
    JPA should really come stay with us at least one week and then see how much we REALLY need. everything is getting so expensive nowadays but they still expect us to live on maggi mee i guess.
    Fortunately our parents still can give us some money if we need. some of my friends don't even use their allowance. i wonder how the students from very poor family survive.
    Or maybe i'm just spoiled brat. LOL
    Last edited by jombelajar; 17-12-2010 at 02:03 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was super helpful. Thanks. Can i add you on facebook or something, senior ? =p
    JPA should really come stay with us at least one week and then see how much we REALLY need. everything is getting so expensive nowadays but they still expect us to live on maggi mee i guess.
    Fortunately our parents still can give us some money if we need. some of my friends don't even use their allowance. i wonder how the students from very poor family survive.
    If the book allowance is rm500 per year, then it's quite sufficient. Basically sem 1 you just need 1 textbook on anatomy and physiology (Marieb or Tortora) and dorland medical dictionary (I prefer pocket size one). Add up roughly rm200.

IMU got alot of textbook or journal that we can borrow. So don't worry so much on book allowance. =D

And, there are seniors who are selling their second hand book. XD

Fyi, living expenses in imu is roughly about rm1000 per month. (Thats when u really budget yourself properly)

And, pls join orientation and enjoy it! Orientation rocks!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, yup, it's a good idea for JPA officers to come stay with us and see how much we need. I mean, if your rent is RM500 per month, you only have RM400 left per month... And if you minus off the money for utility bills, notes, books, etc, you are left with perhaps less than RM300 per month. Less than RM10 per day for food... so yeah, Maggi Mee might as well be the staple food of JPA scholars, lol.

The book allowance is more than enough. You can buy books cheaply at our very own IMU bookstore called EMO bookstore (real name). As junyong5155 rightly mentioned, you only need Marieb/Tortora (for anatomy and physiology) and Dorland's (medical dictionary). If you are super kiasu and get Marieb AND Tortora and Dorland's, the RM500 is still enough.

Oh, and about adding me on Facebok, my Facebook account is inactive and basically only used to play Scrabble and besides, I don't even use my real name for my Facebook account, so it's rather pointless to add me.

If there are any questions you want to ask me, just feel free to PM me or ask more on Recom.

Hope to see you during orientation!

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need a room to stay. Preferably middle room. If anyone come across any ad, please pm me. i went and surveyed but all the rooms are already taken. Thanks

And oh, about the orientation. I heard some real bad news about it. I even heard that some student group in IMU protested against the way the orientation is being held and all. Is it true?
    Last edited by jombelajar; 17-12-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need a room to stay. Preferably middle room. If anyone come across any ad, please pm me. i went and surveyed but all the rooms are already taken. Thanks

And oh, about the orientation. I heard some real bad news about it. I even heard that some student group in IMU protested against the way the orientation is being held and all. Is it true?
    Yeah, well, the orientation has a lot of games that require you to get wet and dirty and run all over the place, but there isn't really any ragging. You can opt not to join any activities you cannot handle, besides. So none of the orientation activities are really compulsory. But why not just join in the fun? It's not really that extreme or horrible really; I heard that the orientations for public universities are worse. The seniors are really kind and helpful in the orientation by the way.

The complaint might be true, but seriously, orientation is not that rough.... So don't worry too much about it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirianchoo For This Useful Post:

Secondary School Student JonChua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternatively, what u can do is ask ur parents to sponsor ur rent (like mine are), and then u'll have lotsa spare $$ to spend. No need to eat maggi mee at all (I've never touched one this sem), you can afford to eat proper meals every day. Seriously, if $$ is such a concern to you, just cook. I cook all the time for friends. Its cheaper, healthier, and more satisfying when you cook. AND, the ladies prefer it if you're a guy who is actually worth having around in the kitchen doesn't take that much time too. You can make a really quick pasta with raw white button mushrooms, mince meat, a can of pasta sauce, in like 30mins or less. Much healthier than resorting to eating junk, right? And anyway, you're gna be a doctor (i assume?), can't have you eating rubbish and then telling ur patients to eat healthy, right?

The only people who protest against the orientation are those who never went for it. And who are super-prudes. And who deserve to get booted out of IMU to take a degree on "HOW TO HAVE FUN" (which I hope you don't need). You'll get dirty, wet, your hair will have indescribable stuff in it. But u'll be having fun at the same time, trust me. And bonding with ur other friends. Even those who never went for the dirty (FUN!!) stuff said that it was fun, please go, etc. Oh, just remember to have a bottle of dynamo and a bucket ready b4 orientation.
    Last edited by JonChua; 18-12-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. well, i'm sure i will enjoy the orientation then. Looking forward to see you guys. =)

oh ya, i'm going to be a doctor. XD
    Last edited by jombelajar; 19-12-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys..actually im thinking of applying to imu next year... but not sure is UM science foundation rsult accepted?? and other than the john beck scholars...what are the other options available?

hope anyone can enlighten me here..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lan1982 View Post
    hi guys..actually im thinking of applying to imu next year... but not sure is UM science foundation rsult accepted?? and other than the john beck scholars...what are the other options available?

hope anyone can enlighten me here..
    Oh, the foundation in Science course is accepted for applying to IMU for courses other than medicine, dentistry and pharmacy. For these 3 courses, IMU prefers internationally-recognised pre-university courses like A-Levels and STPM, or a recognised diploma or degree.

Apart from the IMU scholarships themselves, I don't know of any other scholarships for you to apply for to finance your studies in IMU, since it's too late for you to apply for a JPA scholarship to study in IMU. You can, however, apply for a loan such as the PTPTN loan.

Also, you can apply for the IMU High Achiever Award and IMU Merit Award (refer to the IMU website: http://www.imu.edu.my/pro-financial-aama.html ). These are percentage waivers (or percentage cuts/discounts) off your semester fees if you do well in your pre-university or in the course itself.

Hope this post helped!
    Last edited by Mirianchoo; 27-12-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast