Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

Why are lawyers in Malaysia paid poorly?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are lawyers in Malaysia paid poorly?

Primary School Children
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why are lawyers in Malaysia paid poorly?

Lawyer:
    The starting salary: RM2000+
    Chambering : RM800-1000

Lawyers are professionals too. Why are they paid poorly nowadays in Malaysia?

Take a look at other professionals as well.
    Doctor:
    The starting salary: RM6000

Pharmacist:
    The starting salary: RM3000+

Well, tell me....Is the knowledge that a lawyers has not as valuable as other professionals?
    Oh, think!!!! I can't understand why the lawyers are being treated so badly? Lawyers study LLB and they even need to pass the CLP. I do think lawyers deserve more pay, don't you think SO?

Super Moderator Forum Moderator Thirdshifter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about how much books they have to read or how vast their knowledge is about law.

The sole factor that determine pay is demand.
    Brimful of Asha on the forty-five

ReCom Addict Administrator youngyew's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A doctor's starting salary is not 6K. Summing up all the night-shift pay, allowances etc, it's closer to 3.5 to 4K.
    [][][][flickr]

Check out our ReCom wiki!
    Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!

Primary School Children LilDeviant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Lawyer:
    The starting salary: RM2000+
    Chambering : RM800-1000

Lawyers are professionals too. Why are they paid poorly nowadays in Malaysia?

Take a look at other professionals as well.
    Doctor:
    The starting salary: RM6000

Pharmacist:
    The starting salary: RM3000+

Well, tell me....Is the knowledge that a lawyers has not as valuable as other professionals?
    Oh, think!!!! I can't understand why the lawyers are being treated so badly? Lawyers study LLB and they even need to pass the CLP. I do think lawyers deserve more pay, don't you think SO?
    The remuneration of a lawyer depends largely on the firm he/she works for. Large firms usually pay quite abit compared to small firms. The starting pay of a new lawyer could range from RM 1.5k to RM 3.6k (excluding allowances). Anyhow, I do agree that Malaysian lawyers are GENERALLY underpaid compared to lawyers in other countries.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, u start slow but it skyrockets later, i guess you haven't seen how much the partners are earning yet...

Secondary School Student tehjiao's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that government doctors are underpaid the most, not lawyer comparing the workload and working hours.
    Just try and see, U can do it!
    Blog: http://sitsom.blogspot.com/

Primary School Children LilDeviant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tehjiao View Post
    I believe that government doctors are underpaid the most, not lawyer comparing the workload and working hours.
    Please do not undermine the workload of a lawyer.

The Student Administrator vseehua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tehjiao View Post
    I believe housewives are the most underpaid class of people in Malaysia. There are a lot of them who ended up being abused by their husbands instead of being pampered after a hard longs days' or work (24 hours per day).

Seriously, such comparison can't really be fair. Everyone in the society have their own roles to play, be it to be lawyers or doctors. If there are no lawyers, there will be no one to defend you in case you are charged wrongly. If there are no doctors, there will be no one to save you if you are ill.

And, Lawyers don't just spend time giving legal advises or arguing for their clients in the courts. They do spend a lot of time researching about the cases that they are currently working on...
    "Never argue with an idiot (or a troll)… they’ll just drag you down to their level and beat you to a pulp with their experience." -Internet 1:1

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
    Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vseehua For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the next thread after doctor and lawyer will be engineers.

Why engineers in Malaysia are so lowly paid?
    Then teachers.
    Why teachers in Malaysia are so lowly paid?
    Then fisherman.
    Then accountant.

And so on.

The real issue here is not to decide which profession is more lowly paid than the other. The real issue here lies in the heart of the people can never be pleased with whatever that they have. I don't think many will be pleased with RM2000 a month. Even if you add another RM2000 to RM4000, he/she will not be pleased as well. If you add another RM4000, he/she will still not be pleased. That's human nature.

I think there are just too many things that we need to take into consideration before claiming that job A earns the least or Job B is overpaid and so on. No matter how you put it, human can never be satisfied so the discussion of getting paid more/less is just going to be a futile discussion.

Nothing personal, it's just my observation.

And I do agree with Vseehua that housewives are the most underpaid profession. XD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Leen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dun we already have too many lawyers for our population? what we dun have enough is competent judges.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast