Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

Woman makes better teacher than man.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman makes better teacher than man.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Woman makes better teacher than man.

Do u agree with that? Since then,i discover that many people did not quite agree with man becoming a teacher as they say they are of low ambition. Indeed man should do the 'outdoor' jobs like engineer and oso a highly paid job (most people think that way). So do agree with that? Lets get the debate topic rolling now.

ReCom Addict Administrator youngyew's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your thread title does not correspond too well with your post content. When I first saw the title, I thought you were saying that women are better teachers than men. But your post is actually saying that teacher is a better occupation for women than for men. These are actually very different topics.

I guess such a perspective (better for man to do other jobs) has more, if not all to do with the salary of the teacher in our country. The salary is quite paltry compared to many other jobs, and it's not quite sufficient for a middle-sized family especially in urban area. Hence it's a prevalent view that teacher is best suited for women who is not the main breadwinner but want a stable job with relatively more flexible hours.
    [][][][flickr]

Check out our ReCom wiki!
    Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!

Laziest Forum Moderator capablanca's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, when I saw the thread title, I thought, pfff, nonsense. That's sexual discrimination. Although I would agree that women makes better kindergarten teacher (I'm socially bias) than men, I do not see this trend continue on towards the primary, secondary or even the tertiary level.

If the current economy is not good, men still need to consider teaching as a possible profession even though the salary might be less. At least they are doing something compared to jobless graduate we heard nowadays.
    Need donations.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does a university professor qualify as a "teacher"? Because if it does then the low salary issue is not really a problem here. Unless if you want to limit this debate to kindergarten and primary school teachers ....

ReCom Addict Administrator youngyew's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Does a university professor qualify as a "teacher"? Because if it does then the low salary issue is not really a problem here. Unless if you want to limit this debate to kindergarten and primary school teachers ....
    Even for secondary school teacher, there is a maximum pay achievable in your career (unless you count tuition, of course), and that's one of the issues hampering young men from entering the profession.
    [][][][flickr]

Check out our ReCom wiki!
    Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!

Primary School Children Herlene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true, many young men would rather choose jobs with more lucrative pay.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nowadays, men have been unjustly branded as peadophiles and perverts. imagine you bringing your 5 year old child to the park, if a woman comes and tickle your kid and say how cute your child is, the scenario looks pretty normal, and somehow, the dad is filled with pride. but if a man does that, you'd be like, "get the f*ck off my kid!". sad, but true.

any man wanna be teachers now?

Laziest Forum Moderator capablanca's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, that what I thought when I prefer women to become kindergarten teacher. It's just social prejudice and who doesn't agree with the understanding that women are softer and gentle and therefore, are more preferable to handle with toddlers.

However, no stranger guy will come and tickle your child lah once your child reached puberty. If not, that will really be a pedophile and you should sue him instead.

By the way, I'm still agreeing the males will make excellent teacher in the secondary and tertiary level. I assume they are tougher and can handle the rowdy boys no female teachers will get involved with. In fact, I found out that most of the classes in my secondary period which are fun and interesting are taught by males. (This is a case by case basis).
    Need donations.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by capablanca View Post
    However, no stranger guy will come and tickle your child lah once your child reached puberty.
    well, kids in primary schools and kindergartens arent reaching puberty yet. yet i dun see many males being hired as kindergarten and primary school teachers.

Primary School Children Jieweitan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, generally, women do make better teachers than men.

Maybe it is due to the fact that there are more female teachers than male teachers. But throughout my 11 years experience in school, I tend to like female teachers more.

A good female teacher would tend to be "motherly". She'll definitely be more patient and would not raise her voice even as we keep on asking questions when we are unable to understand. Next, she would be very concerned on our performance in school and would really display hopes for us to succeed. Good female teachers are more able to give encouragement to students with gentler voices.

A good male teacher would on the other hand be "brotherly". These male teachers find it easy to bond with the students. I find that male teachers have a better sense of humour than their female counterparts hence bonding them with students (particularly male students when they pull out a dirty joke). Good ones would be understanding and concerned about our performance in school. But they are less able to give encouragement compared to the female teachers.

Anyway, the above description is just an example of a small minority... Most teachers, I'm afraid, do not fit that description. Bad female teachers are lazy as they are just merely earning a secondary income. So, they just come to school to gossip in the common room. These teachers are not so forgiving and are downright petty. They would tell the whole common room which student has offended her. Some of them would get pregnant every now and then (free paid holiday ftw!!!) My secondary school has an average of 5 teachers getting pregnant each year.

Bad male teachers on the other hand has many patterns. The first would be the usual discipline teacher who NEVER teaches his class. He would rather abuse his power carrying his cane around the school, catching people with long hair, etc. The second type would be the class clown. These teachers are a hot favourite among students as the go to class just to joke around with their dirty jokes and never give homework.

However, if I were to compare the good female and the good male, I would have a slight preference towards the good female as I am the type who learns through a soft approach and soft encouragements works on me. I would prefer the female teacher for a class like mathematics, physics and chemistry while the male teacher for a class like language or biology. Just my RM0.02.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast