Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

Life At Universiti Teknologi Petronas

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Life At Universiti Teknologi Petronas

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sherenesheep - ur a student in UTP? wahahahaha what is ur MIRC nick?

yeay ~ i'm graduating... hihihi 1 of most important thing is UTP is computer, either laptop or desktop... hahahaha ~ internet connection here super slow, if u just know how to use it... but it can be super fast, if u know how to exploit it... wahahha ~ UTP student mostly the seniors, do extra study regarding UTP network... haha even the engineering student...

bout the job thing, when ur in final sem, there will be interview session for PETRONAS scholar. from there, they will determine, wheter the want to hire u or not. if ur R(Reccomended) u will hv the possibility to be hired within 6 months. if ur NR(not reccomended) u are allow to seek job elsewhere. beleive me, after 4 5 years here, u'll know what will u choose... heheheh ~

btw, UTP is freaking hot... i mean, the weather (the girls? some lar).... and the security love to compound student, esp cars... wahahha this semester, my roomate hold highest record... about 2k++ wahhaha crazy ~

anything? actually i just bump this forum 5 minutes ago... hehe and feel like wanna answering ur question... hahaha feel free to log on to our mirc server.... its one of 7 wonders in UTP wahahhaha beleive me... u need MIRC here... and DC++ and Kampung5 also....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to easternC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, EasternC I am Leon, nice to meet u. Which course are u studying? After internships programme, do we still need to study and sit for the exam before we graduate? Btw, what is the MIRC channel for UTP? Must we wear long sleeve plus tie during lecture? Is it important for us to hav a laptop before studying in UTP? I am going to study in UTP this coming July. Pls reply me as soon as possbile thx!!!
    Last edited by Leon; 06-06-2008 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey easternC.. no i'm not from utp, neither am i goin there.. hehe
    but i know quite a bit about utp cuz my bez bud is there.. soooo.. hehehhe
    The grass looks greener on the other side... But wen u get to the other side, u find that it is no better than the turf u hav been standin on all along....

Yesterday is history, and tomorrow a mystery, but today, is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ur lucky i'm going home tomorrow... this semester end already last week.. whahah delaying doingmy clearance... ouh i'm taking ICT, but i got buddies from all over programme... let me tell u the basic flow here... u can ask more...

normally, after spm, u when u enter UTP u will enter the foundation age(wahahah).. after that u'll enter the undergraduate year... slight different between engineering and technology student

Foundation Year - 2 semester
    Undergraduate Year (eng) - 4 year (8 semester)
    Undergraduate Year (tech) - 3 year and a half (7 semester)

u can see here, engineering student have 1 more semester then technology student...

and

engineering student will go for internship on 6th semester
    technology student will go for internship on 5th semester

after the internship(8sweet months) there will be 2 more semester for every student(haha unless u extend).. during these semesters then u'll start your final year project(FYP)... yes, both semesters still have final exam(but not regarding your FYP)... i forgot the total credit hours for engineering student.. but for technology student, during undergraduate, u must complete 120 at least credit hours...

btw, soul server will be turn off tomorrow, but tunnel server will still be up.. i mean the mirc server... may be u can join through tunnel.utpchat.net ... i'm online, 24 hours... wahahahha ~

okey, honestly, having a laptop sure a plus when ur here... all assignments + projects + presentations, esp during foundation because foundation classes a bit packed compared to undergraduate... plus its fix.. like me, my final sem i dont hv class on thursday and friday.. so got 4 days weekeends.. whahha ~ and u can go out at anytime, anyday... just dont forget to bring ur ID card and make sure ur car@motor got sticker

just ask me.. because may be tomorrow i wont be here anymore...
    Last edited by easternC; 09-06-2008 at 10:54 AM.

Primary School Children B.T.SengYee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok then..
    bt then i tot no long sleeve shirt rite at lecture..
    jz for the orientation week..
    n then after that u can wear anything u wan
    as long as smart casual..
    oh ya..
    n then if we are not going to work with petronas
    do we nid to pay back the fees..
    i saw this form the agreement...???

Quote Originally Posted by sherenesheep View Post
    it depends.. if petronas wanna hire u after u graduate (after interview again), then u don hav to pay them bak.. if they don wanna hire u, i think they'l pass u off to other oil and gas companies such as shell, schlumberger etc...
    so though i work with shell then
    i dun have tp pay back the fees rite..??
    ________
    Candy_Hot_Baby live
    Last edited by B.T.SengYee; 13-09-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B.T.SengYee View Post

so though i work with shell then
    i dun have tp pay back the fees rite..??
    as long as u are NOT workin with petronas, then u hav to pay them bak... so work for shell, hav to pay bak.. work for schlumberger, hav to pay bak.... etc
    The grass looks greener on the other side... But wen u get to the other side, u find that it is no better than the turf u hav been standin on all along....

Yesterday is history, and tomorrow a mystery, but today, is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, are u going UTP this july 12 2008... yeah i'm a boy.... are u chinese a??? lolz...

Hey guys, i'm a going to be UTP student for the july intake foundation this year... well, july 12 come faster bit la... i so damn boring at home di... haiz... but now even i haven enter the UTP, i already start worry what if Petronas didnt find me a job... o the job didnt find me o vica-versa... haiz... so damn worry bout that...

well, since i'm a going to be student there this are my detail:
    Name: Denson
    Programme: Foundation for engineering
    Degree for electronic and electrical engineering
    Races: Chinese
    Sex: Boy...
    Height...: (seriously need to know that detail o not)... i dont suppose so.. lolz

Well, here is a list of question: (plz answer me lo really need it)

1) well, i called up UTP for days coz no 1 picking up the fon, when i ask them, what v suppose to wear at class and that fella told me that no jeans are allow... shirts with collar... is tat necessary?

2) from what i read from UTP website, i find out that the internet speed over there can reach till 15mbps... student can acess internet with their student ID no... student can also use the ID no to acess to the net at any TMnet hotspot... and i also do some research and realise that there where internet coverage over 50+ place at UTP... Is all that true???

3) is the security there safe? i might bring my laptop... i scare later i go class come bak then my laptop say bye bye di...

4)jz to comform... where is the foundation kiddo stay a? new hostel or the old 1??? plz dont say the old 1... sux.... went there b4 4 educamp and stay there...

5) the toilet (to be polite the rest room, haha) is 1 floor all share o 1 room each got own toilet???

6)how v go to class from our hostel a? coz fr my exp at educamp... must sit bus... i still remember v miss the bus and have to walk there... kesian...

7) a..... how to put it... erm... is the hostel air-conditioned??? hehe... coz fr wat i read from the post jz now... u guys say UTP very hot a???? i'll sweat like hell if it is too hot... haha

hehe, i think tat's all my question... hope u all can answer and sorry lo, if this kinnda question i ask made u felt silly... sorry... I really dont wanna call Petronas and UTP-registrar department di... once they hear my voice know who i am already... haha...

oh ya, 1 more thing i would like to ask... wat is the different between a scholarhip and a sponshorship a??? (biasiswa dan penanjaan) coz i got sponsorship o... who got scholarship de???
    Last edited by Desmond_90; 08-06-2008 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond_90 View Post
    1) well, i called up UTP for days coz no 1 picking up the fon, when i ask them, what v suppose to wear at class and that fella told me that no jeans are allow... shirts with collar... is tat necessary?

2) from what i read from UTP website, i find out that the internet speed over there can reach till 15mbps... student can acess internet with their student ID no... student can also use the ID no to acess to the net at any TMnet hotspot... and i also do some research and realise that there where internet coverage over 50+ place at UTP... Is all that true???

3) is the security there safe? i might bring my laptop... i scare later i go class come bak then my laptop say bye bye di...

4)jz to comform... where is the foundation kiddo stay a? new hostel or the old 1??? plz dont say the old 1... sux.... went there b4 4 educamp and stay there...

5) the toilet (to be polite the rest room, haha) is 1 floor all share o 1 room each got own toilet???

6)how v go to class from our hostel a? coz fr my exp at educamp... must sit bus... i still remember v miss the bus and have to walk there... kesian...

7) a..... how to put it... erm... is the hostel air-conditioned??? hehe... coz fr wat i read from the post jz now... u guys say UTP very hot a???? i'll sweat like hell if it is too hot... haha

hehe, i think tat's all my question... hope u all can answer and sorry lo, if this kinnda question i ask made u felt silly... sorry... I really dont wanna call Petronas and UTP-registrar department di... once they hear my voice know who i am already... haha...

oh ya, 1 more thing i would like to ask... wat is the different between a scholarhip and a sponshorship a??? (biasiswa dan penanjaan) coz i got sponsorship o... who got scholarship de???
    1. walao eh.. my fren over there has been wearing jeans to class everyday... haha mayb first few days knt, then after that can slack lo..

3. security shud be ok gua.. my fren has not lost anything der... but u hav to register ur laptop der.. security purposes i think..

5. each floor shares one toilet... not such luck as to each room havin their own toilets...

6. u can drive to class, if u hav car... or buy a bike... it mite be far for u to walk... good exercise tho

7. of cos no air-cond.. wer got so nice de... haha
    Last edited by sherenesheep; 08-06-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Primary School Children B.T.SengYee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond_90 View Post
    hey, are u going UTP this july 12 2008... yeah i'm a boy.... are u chinese a??? lolz...

Hey guys, i'm a going to be UTP student for the july intake foundation this year... well, july 12 come faster bit la... i so damn boring at home di... haiz... but now even i haven enter the UTP, i already start worry what if Petronas didnt find me a job... o the job didnt find me o vica-versa... haiz... so damn worry bout that...

well, since i'm a going to be student there this are my detail:
    Name: Denson
    Programme: Foundation for engineering
    Degree for electronic and electrical engineering
    Races: Chinese
    Sex: Boy...
    Height...: (seriously need to know that detail o not)... i dont suppose so.. lolz

Well, here is a list of question: (plz answer me lo really need it)

hye denson..
    erm..
    i m going to utp this july..
    ya..
    i m chinese..
    erm...
    i tot all will get panajaan..
    coz if u are not selected to work with petronas after u finish ur degree..
    then the penajaan will turn to pinjaman boleh ubah..
    jz as stated in ur agreement that has 4 copies that was sent to u b4..
    if u r working with petronas..
    the sponsorship will turn to scholarship..
    bt if u r not working with petornas..
    u have to pay all the fees baack within 14 days after petronas infrm u that they dun wan to hire u...
    if i m not mistaken..
    this is wat i understnd from the agreement
    ________
    Buy new condo in Pattaya
    Last edited by B.T.SengYee; 13-09-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya ~ i'm home ~ lols ~ whaahah so many Q.. u all worry too much wahahahhaha dont la... later u all going old faster... and where got air-cond in your rum... wahahhaha some student even buy air purifier or extra stand fan for extra cool... lol... only got ceiling fan meh... ok back to the qs...

bout the job thing, when ur in final sem, there will be interview session for PETRONAS scholar. from there, they will determine, wheter the want to hire u or not. if ur R(Reccomended) u will hv the possibility to be hired within 6 months. if ur NR(not reccomended) u are allow to seek job elsewhere. beleive me, after 4 5 years here, u'll know what will u choose... heheheh ~
    haiya didnt i tell u earlier bout the job.. wahaha u still got at least 5 years meh to worry bout job... after the job interview by petronas (and u have to wait few months for the result) there will be 2 result:

1 - Reccomended - This fella will possibly offered a job in petronas (u cant demand what job u want, u can just accept) within six month from your final semester result(+- la). If this fella wanna work somewhere else, can.. only after 6 months and PETRONAS still didnt offer u any job. If they offer within 6 months, and u say u dowan, u're considered as breach of contract (BOC). when u BOC, u hafta pay lumpsum all the money petronas gave u in 14 days.. wahahaha interesting is it? but if after 6 months no job offer from petronas, u can go elsewhere. after 6 months, if Petronas offer u a job, u can decide to accept or not to accept.. this time its not BOC.. but if u reject, u hafta pay according to your result...

2 - Not Reccomended - This one easier. you will not be offered any job position in petronas. u may seek for job elsewhere. and you only hafta pay you sponsorship according to your result. hahaha thats all.. lols...

so like u said, if u wanna work with shell, or any other company, make sure ur not reccomended in petronas... wahahha because then u need to pay back.. alot and in lump sum... and most popular + oil n gas company dont want to hire petronas student because of this contract.. hahaha poor us.. and petronas student mostlty very skillful.. they can apply at any big company and accepted.. that the good part of it.. so think wisely... rite now at this time... starting salary in petronas for fresh grad for executive position is MYR2510... hehehehe ok next qs

haha may be that fella that answer ur phone explain the attire for MAS (Minggu Aluan Siswa).. btw during class, hurm... once ur here u'll learn... but dont learn from foreigner.. hahah the pak guard dont compound them... hahaha u can say anything but thats the reality here... been there... ouh u can wear jeans, or any long pants with collared tshirt.. so dont worry bout the long sleeves... and shoes is a must for guys especially... hahaha and u must show ur ID card.. always...

hahaha that 15mbps BS.. u know what BS rite? lolS ~ ur lucky if u can get 10kbps.. wahhahahaha yes student can access to internet using few ways:
    1 - Room - every room in new village,apply for village 1, 2 3 4 5(we dont call hostel here, thats so skool hahahhaa) got 1 connection to the internet.. so bring la ur rj45 direct cable along... lol ~
    2 - Wifi - this onle scattered all over the place, the old village got this to all building... in new village, if ur room are lucky, ur'll get super fast wifi connection... if ur not lucky, wahahah none at all... but still got port for internet like option no 1.. ouh u can log in using ur id later.. u can ask the ITMS... remember this words... ITMS... hahha go bug them every day if ur internet connection slow.... bug like hell... ...remember k...
    3 - Lab and library - lab and library using different line from hostel.. lalala if you know what i meant.. hahaa i doubt u know.. lol ~ btw the way, u can use library during nites and days and lab during days... library also got wifi...

security all over the world are almost the same.. depends on what sector... here? security will not standing rite infront of ur room guarding ur room... there were several cases regarding missing items and also money.. so use ur head instead blaming the guards... hahaha ouh last few weeks 1 room got broke into.. all sales money were lost... hahaha y? because he didnt close his windows... hahaha so if ur staying on ground floor, use ur head instead ur heart .. and dont trust strangers... hahaha some time they come for window shopping.. hahaha

hurm as far as i know, GUYS, some of it will staying at village 6.. hehe the one near the lake... haha the old one... and Ladies + some other extra guys may be, will staying fiiling up the Village 1 and Village 2... these 3 villages will have to share the restroom+bathroom according to the floor... hehehe dont blame us, blame them.. lol ~ only village 3 4 5 sorted like apartment style... 1 house 6 rooms 1 kitchen with a fridge and 1 large bathroom consist of 2 shower and 2 toilet and 3 sinks... hahaha there are laundry services at village 1 and village 5... and there are also washing machine that use coin to operate... Village 6 not really suck lar... the food also good there, the ambient also great... hahaha

answer already above... lols ~

hahaha only during educamp u can use bus,.. i use bus once only, when registration 4 years back.. lol ~ all the classes are within walk distance... and car not really advisable because short of parking and guards like to compound ur cars... wahahha i did tell already rite bout my roomate MYR2k++ compound? hahaha but if got cars then it will be easier for you go get the hell out of there to the nearest town... Taman Maju may be.. hahaha or Ipoh...

answered already.. NO wahahahhahahahahahaaaaa and its freaking hot.. believe me esp during july semester... hahahahahahahahahahaha...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to easternC For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast