Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

[STPM] Muet Speaking Task B Help

Thread: [STPM] Muet Speaking Task B Help

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default [STPM] Muet Speaking Task B Help

Guys, I am having MUET Speaking Test next week.

It is stated in the format that each group is given 30 minutes to discuss on the question.

Let's say, I am given the second factor (Candidate B).

So, these are my questions.

1) In the first round of the discussion, is it compulsory to restate my own stand (second factor) eventhough I am repeating the same points that was mentioned in Task A without comparing with the pros and cons of other factors?

2) Throughout the discussion, should I give reasons to ALL three factors which I disagreed to strenghthen my point/stand?

2) What is the best way or line to start with in order to oppose other candidate's opinions? eg. Excuse me Candidate A, I disagree .......

3) Could anyone suggests me any tips or strategy to excel in this task?

ReCom Staff Wiki Contributor Alexis Ma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: [STPM] Muet Speaking Task B Help

Answers, according to what I've learned from my teachers:

1. Not at all. You can start as if you have not heard or said anything in the Task A (Individual Presentation). However, it's nice to say stuff like "As candidate A said just now..." to show that you've been listening to others.

2. Not necessary at all. I usually support one point because a "build-up" is much more interesting for a discussion.

3. I hardly use "I disagree", I usually use things like, "You may have a point there, but..." or "That's true, however...". Keeps the person from returning with an attack (riposte~!), and proves you facilitate civil and orderly discussion.

4. If you have the ability to think fast and logically, try and search for a point in Task B that can "absorb" all the other's points. I usually do this so that I can use all their points and provide much of my own. I do this even if it means throwing my Task A away.

However, having done years of public speaking, I am quite comfortable with that. You may want to go with your Task A points because they are already in your head (or paper).

Remember, the aim of language is to COMMUNICATE. COMMUNICATION means that you keep a good, nice discussion (no all-out attacks!) and be pleasant, and no complex or formal English is needed.
    Last edited by Alexis Ma; 30-10-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Grammaticals
    Elementary.

Secondary School Student chongkeat's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could anyone suggests me any tips or strategy to excel in this task?
    Not really a tip, but you could treat the discussion as a normal conversation. During my Speaking practice, I really considered what the others just said, like in a normal conversation and just talked to them like I normally do. It certainly makes the test more relaxing...... (which means less grammatical errors)

Oh, and don't waste your time on thinking up bombastic words, just focus on your points to ensure that you can speak more smoothly because you are prepared.

And my teacher told me to speak out the name of the one you're addressing (Or something like that, I forgot)...... Don't know if it helps...

Secondary School Student Athersin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just be natural to what you have speak out. remember not to disgress from the topic, it shows a kind of deviation from the entirely discussion.

More importantly, have some confidence in yourself.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys!

I am trying to build my confidence right now for teh test.

Hope everything does go smooth.