Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

After SPM to local/public university

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After SPM to local/public university

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question After SPM to local/public university

HI EVERYBODY!!!I'm a new gal in here.....I'm still blur about after SPM....

The main point on this thread is to discuss about those who wanna to apply to public university but dont noe how....me also dont noe...haha...

Actually....after my spm on tat day...one of the Pengawas recommend me to go public university tat much more faster than form 6.....he not sure about the information..so he call me to find information about this...

Then i search....then i noe little is we must have a diploma or watever so can apply the public university u wan....tat is mean we must daftar a IPTA thing 1st then apply.....

Another thing is i think about Sociology and Psychology.....in this field are we needed to study form 6??? or can we just go to public UNI after SPM

please help me and others who really needed to help also....

Secondary School Student Athersin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: After SPM to local/public university

Admission directly into Public Uni are deemed as a slower way compared to STPM.

Your have to study 3 year diploma plus another 3 years degree ,total up to 6 years . i talk about the majority courses.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you could apply for scholarship such as JPA,Khazanah,Yayasan, etc. Or if u r interested in teaching you could apply for the KPLSPM,Tesl,etc. Another best way is STPM i guess, STPM graduates tend to be more mature in all aspect of thinking ( this is what i heard though i am not a stpm student)

P.s. Maybe you could find your school's counselor and ask up.
    Stay Charm~ Gracie

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: After SPM to local/public university

i think ur rite...applying for scholarships is the best thing to do...
    guys..i hav a prob...i'm intending to take law course in the future..after d result i mean....but i'm not quite sure of any scholarship dat offers any law course for oversea prog..can sum1 help me to sort things out......any scholarships dat offer overseas prog for law course...i'm hoping for JPA...but i dun know if JPA offers any..

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many people including my family said that Form 6 is not easy and wasting time and after ur STPM not necessary u can choose ur fav field....
    By the way, my education is not tat beautiful so apply scholarship also susah...haiz....
    Go private uni..no money.....dont noe Form 6 or just go for public uni...

6 years to study public uni is as same as study F6+public uni.....

F6 = 1 and a half year..+ waiting results = almost 2 year....
    after STPM >> public uni = about 3 or 4 years = mostly now is about 4 years
    so end results....ur age 2 graduate is 24 years old....same as study 3 diploma+ 3 degree

But yet i still hav no idea F6 is the best or straight forward to public uni is the right choice...........i'm still blur...

Secondary School Student
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nik_alia View Post
    guys..i hav a prob...i'm intending to take law course in the future..after d result i mean....but i'm not quite sure of any scholarship dat offers any law course for oversea prog..can sum1 help me to sort things out......any scholarships dat offer overseas prog for law course...i'm hoping for JPA...but i dun know if JPA offers any..
    Yes, JPA sends students to overseas for law. You can refer to the statistics at http://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7789

Quote Originally Posted by mikimiaw View Post
    Many people including my family said that Form 6 is not easy and wasting time and after ur STPM not necessary u can choose ur fav field....
    By the way, my education is not tat beautiful so apply scholarship also susah...haiz....
    Go private uni..no money.....dont noe Form 6 or just go for public uni...

6 years to study public uni is as same as study F6+public uni.....

F6 = 1 and a half year..+ waiting results = almost 2 year....
    after STPM >> public uni = about 3 or 4 years = mostly now is about 4 years
    so end results....ur age 2 graduate is 24 years old....same as study 3 diploma+ 3 degree

But yet i still hav no idea F6 is the best or straight forward to public uni is the right choice...........i'm still blur...
    Basically, there are two ways to enter public universities, either matrikulasi or Form 6.
    So if you had apply for matrikulasi this year, it will be a easier way to get the course of your choice in public universities.

I am not sure about what are you trying to mean but if you are referring to the application form, you can buy it from Bank Islam. But you need to keep an eye on when will they release the forms.

Primary School Children chen622's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JPA does offer overseas scholarships for law studies. You can look up more information and resources HERE.

*edit*
    P/S : Oops i just realized evening_go_jogging mentioned it already
    Last edited by chen622; 04-12-2008 at 03:45 PM.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then wat about those who apply ipta? Wat is all about actually?

ReCom Staff Wiki Contributor ayja's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Application to IPTA straight after SPM is to get into this foundation programme (the programmes start with an 'Asasi'). You can apply for a place in this foundation programme (which is equivalent to matriculation) via the MOHE (ministry of higher education) website. The applications will begin sometime before SPM results come out, as you have various sections to fill in and you'll have to pay a fee of RM 10 + to the bank (you'll have to bank in the money - instructions will be told when you apply on-line). Ok so once you've keyed in your vital info like personal info, extra curricular activities (since you key in before your results come out you leave your results section empty). Then you can choose various fields in which you'd like to pursue a degree in. For example, you pick Asasi Sains if you wish to do medicine, etc. While you can choose Asasi Sains Pertanian to pursue a degree in agricultural science, vet science and so on (more details on the mohe website). This asasi programme is like Form 6 (where you'll have to apply for a posistion in a local u once you've completed) but the apparent advantage is that you stand a greater chance when you apply for a spot in local U compared to students who did form 6 (this is what the guy from the university told me when I called to enquire, so these are not my words =P). The various Asasi programmes also take place at diff unis so you'll have to read the mohe webiste for which unis offer which asasi programmes. ONCE your results come out then you have 3 opportunities to edit your application form (you'll have an ID to log in and all), so use it wisely. The results will then come out a month later (if I'm not mistaken) and if successful, they (the university of your choice) will send you a prospectus. Hope that helps =)

P.s. - the time for you to apply will be announced on their websites and on the newspapers so you'll have to keep an eye out for these sources.
    Last edited by ayja; 06-12-2008 at 06:01 PM.
    How many ants are needed to fill an apartment?

Ten-ants!

Primary School Children
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athersin View Post
    Admission directly into Public Uni are deemed as a slower way compared to STPM.

Your have to study 3 year diploma plus another 3 years degree ,total up to 6 years . i talk about the majority courses.
    if you have already taken the 3 yrs diploma, u only need to dothe dgree for 2 yrs as far as i know.

JPA did last year and for nex nex yr i guess, they sent to taylor to do SAM.maybe further to aussie.

there are some other scholarchips as well..

like SC(securitiy Commission). they send to UK usually.
    im not sure for other scholarship bodies like BN, PNB, UEM, khazanah, sime darby,honda bla bla bla....

but studying in ipta isnt that bad. apply for uia law prog.
    Last edited by ame.zost; 06-12-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ame.zost For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast