Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

View Poll Results: Which course/programme in NTU that would attract you to study at NTU, Singapore?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Business & Accountancy

32 21.77%
  • Engineering

66 44.90%
  • Communication Studies

1 0.68%
  • Education Studies

3 2.04%
  • Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)

22 14.97%
  • Science (Mathematical Science)

10 6.80%
  • Linguistic Studies

1 0.68%
  • Information Technology

2 1.36%
  • Economics, Psychology

9 6.12%
  • Sport Sience & Management

1 0.68%
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSmile View Post
    I encountered the same problem and was about to send NTU an email to ask about it till I read the application procedures again.

Applicants are required to submit your application for admission before submitting your application for scholarship.

Applicants with the following qualifications:
    1. Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level
    2. Local Polytechnic Diploma
    3. NUS High School Diploma
    4. IB Diploma

The scholarship application form can be found at the link 'Application for Scholarship' at the end of your online application for admission. You are required to login with the application number assigned to you.
    Applicants are required to submit a recent passport-size photo (digital image) online after completing your application form.
    Applicants are also required to submit a referee’s appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. Your school teacher is to submit the online appraisal to us within 7 days of your scholarship application.
    If you have reserved an undergraduate degree programme in NTU, you can login here to access the scholarship application form.

Applicants with Year 12 equivalent results:

Click here to apply for the scholarship with your assigned application number.
    Applicants are required to submit a recent passport-size photo (digital image) online after completing your application form.
    We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.

It seems that only those applying using certain qualifications (as listed above) would have to submit an appraisal form. I am applying using my A-Level results and that should be under category 2 (Applicants with Year 12 equivalent results) so the only thing I have to do is to submit my photograph. I was freaking worried too and not having to submit the form is a big relief to me because I am on study break and I would be a horrible student if I trouble my lecturer at this time. Haha. What about you? Which category are you under?

I saw this right after I emailed to NTU asking about the link! LOL Silly me!! Thank you for sharing! btw, may i know what results you got for your A Levels?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by creamy520cheese View Post
    I saw this right after I emailed to NTU asking about the link! LOL Silly me!! Thank you for sharing! btw, may i know what results you got for your A Levels?
    Predicted:
    Math A*
    Accounting A*
    Economics A

AS General paper a (achieved)

Applying for Accountancy & Business as well as accountancy. I regretted so much for leaving the other 3 choices blank. What are you applying for?

Personally I don't think I stand a good chance of getting shortlisted for the scholarship due to the fact that I'm taking only 3 subjects (Almost everyone is taking at least 4 subjects these days haha) and I don't think I wrote an impressive essay. But oh well, no harm trying! Perhaps I should start praying to the sky,land,stars,moon,sun,stones etc. OH I'M SO ANIMISTIC HAHAHA=))

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Max4Life View Post
    I guess so far there's no "Entrance" examination for students to enter NTU....i nvr encounter anything like this so far in ntu...u apply using what qualifications?

I'm applying thorugh SAM, so I need to sit for their exam...any1 sat for it? is it hard?!

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Predicted:
    Math A*
    Accounting A*
    Economics A

AS General paper a (achieved)

Applying for Accountancy & Business as well as accountancy. I regretted so much for leaving the other 3 choices blank. What are you applying for?

Personally I don't think I stand a good chance of getting shortlisted for the scholarship due to the fact that I'm taking only 3 subjects (Almost everyone is taking at least 4 subjects these days haha) and I don't think I wrote an impressive essay. But oh well, no harm trying! Perhaps I should start praying to the sky,land,stars,moon,sun,stones etc. OH I'M SO ANIMISTIC HAHAHA=))

That's a good results!! If you got straight As and impressive extra curricular activities,your chances should be high. haha,don worry too much,just have to keep our fingers crossed.

I applied for almost all business courses, didnt want to leave those choices blank coz I heard business courses offered by NTU are competitive O.o btw, I took three subjects too,but got a B in Economics My head of programme told me that if you're applying to NUS and you don't have 4 subjects,then the chances of you getting admitted are low. I have friends who applied last year to NTU with their predicted results,and after they submit their June results in August, their got rejected,even when some of them got two A* and two A. :-0

Anyways,good luck to you!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good results!! If you got straight As and impressive extra curricular activities,your chances should be high. haha,don worry too much,just have to keep our fingers crossed.

I applied for almost all business courses, didnt want to leave those choices blank coz I heard business courses offered by NTU are competitive O.o btw, I took three subjects too,but got a B in Economics My head of programme told me that if you're applying to NUS and you don't have 4 subjects,then the chances of you getting admitted are low. I have friends who applied last year to NTU with their predicted results,and after they submit their June results in August, their got rejected,even when some of them got two A* and two A. :-0

Anyways,good luck to you!!
    Yeah, I was just plain stupid. Ughhhhh I was thinking that I'd leave the rest empty till I thought of what to put in. Then I FORGOT. *bangs wall* I'm considering to send NTU an email to ask if I can still add in more choices but uhm.. should be rather pointless la. It was my own mistake anyway.

I wonder if GP is considered as a subject even if it's taken only at AS level? Ohh.. where are you from? I'm a Penangite =) Did you apply to NUS? I didn't because I was informed that those applying using predicted results would have to take SAT.

All the best to you too! ^_^

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was just plain stupid. Ughhhhh I was thinking that I'd leave the rest empty till I thought of what to put in. Then I FORGOT. *bangs wall* I'm considering to send NTU an email to ask if I can still add in more choices but uhm.. should be rather pointless la. It was my own mistake anyway.

I wonder if GP is considered as a subject even if it's taken only at AS level? Ohh.. where are you from? I'm a Penangite =) Did you apply to NUS? I didn't because I was informed that those applying using predicted results would have to take SAT.

All the best to you too! ^_^
    Oh my, I feel you, that kind of feeling sucks,but what done is done,cant change that right? But I think you can try to send them an email, since the deadline for application has just passed not long ago,they might still accept. BTW, they are efficient!!! I got a reply the next day after I sent them an email ! :-0

I'm from selangor Nope, I didnt,hehe I know I wouldnt stand a chance of getting admitted,so didnt bother to apply. I'm also applying to other countries that has scholarships,so will decide when I get my offers.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone out there, anyone got selected into NTU for this upcoming semester??

Please report yourself here because we need your infos for the Malaysians Students Association and this year we are having difficulties to retrieve such informations from the school's office.

Thanks ^^

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my, I feel you, that kind of feeling sucks,but what done is done,cant change that right? But I think you can try to send them an email, since the deadline for application has just passed not long ago,they might still accept. BTW, they are efficient!!! I got a reply the next day after I sent them an email ! :-0

I'm from selangor Nope, I didnt,hehe I know I wouldnt stand a chance of getting admitted,so didnt bother to apply. I'm also applying to other countries that has scholarships,so will decide when I get my offers.
    Sorry for the late reply. I was having my trials Yes yes. They are super efficient haha.

I see.. =)) All the best to you, and I hope that you will receive favourable news from all your applications. Or that we'd meet in NTU in this coming August. Haha =))

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey I'm glad that I have been accepted by NTU my twentieth birthday gift perhaps? xD

Malaysia,Asia,Earth,Solar System,Milky Way, Universe. :D
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tongang View Post
    hey I'm glad that I have been accepted by NTU my twentieth birthday gift perhaps? xD
    Congratulations, are you a stpm leaver>?

Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast