Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

Kolej Yayasan UEM

Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Kolej Yayasan UEM

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kolej Yayasan UEM

I'll be going to KYUEM this july but i coudln't get any info about the college tru the net.. I really need help here.. what is it like there and how's the place there... I'm really blurr!!

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kolej Yayasan UEM used to be called kolej melayu yayasan saad, that's why you probably couldn't find much. search for Kolej melayu yayasan saad (KMYS) and you should find more, i remember some stuff written by ex-students bout the place.

from what i hear, the place is top-notch. the only drawback (for ppl who like freedom) is that its secluded in Lembah Beringin.. all the peace you need to study a levels..... and from what i've read, you stay in a chalet, four SINGLE rooms with AIR-CON... and one computer shared among these four ppl in the chalet.. plus, something like lecturers stay really close.. you can expect every single sports facility too...

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

corn2head, are you going there on the JPA scholarship? Coz I will being going there too this july, so will npang. Which course will you be pursuing there?

Anyway, LePip is right. The only setback is that the place is really secluded. If you do not have a car, you virtually can't go anywhere. When I checked the college out that day, it looked nice and very well-equipped. But I have heard that only the halls in the chalets are air-conditioned, whilst the four individual rooms aren't.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

corn2head, I believe you get UK Medicine? Congrats!

Even you have a car, I don't think you are allowed to go out.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tanx chenchow... Actually i'm going to kyuem to do my a levels under petronas. taking up accountancy..

Just a ques.. how long is the a levels program at kyuem??

And is it true that an accountancy degree from france is not certified by the ACCA and MICA?? But why is petronas sending some scholars there?

12 time zones away from People's Republic of Ann Arbor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LePip
    Kolej Yayasan UEM used to be called kolej melayu yayasan saad, that's why you probably couldn't find much. search for Kolej melayu yayasan saad (KMYS) and you should find more, i remember some stuff written by ex-students bout the place.

u are partly wrong.

its kolej matrikulasi yayasan saad. There is no such thing as kolej melayu yayasan saad.

There is only one kolej melayu and that is in kuala kangsar.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops, yea sorry, my mistake, it used to be called kolej matrikulasi yayasan saad... i think they even changed it to kolej matrikulasi yayasan satu once right? but i could be wrong again..
    nvm, just important to know it's called kolej yayasan UEM now =}

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess what? I'll be going to this college in July too. Just left Singapore (ASEAN) last month. Like you, corn2head, i'm to read accountancy/economics/business in UK after my A levels in Kolej Yayasan UEM under petronas scholarship. A few of my friends who were offered JPA for medic UK are also comin' to this college. Boy, am i excited! Heard tat we'll be studying 2 years in the college.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pamlee, Congrats for getting Petronas Scholarships~!

Hope that you guys would enjoy studying there~!

Guess you should be interested in business-related stuff...Join the SIG for Business and you can share your thoughts and discuss with fellow ReComers about it~!

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I know how u guys feel

Because I used to be in ur shoes

I'm a student in KYUEM, formerly known as Kolej Matrikulasi Yayasan Satu, formerly known as Kolej Matrikulasi Yayasan Saad.. There's a whole history behind the two name changes in the college's short history, but let's save that for later..

Come this 13th July, our batch will be the seniors welcoming some 200+ new students into KYUEM.. Yup, I agree that it's kinda hard to find info abt our college, mainly because we still haven't got a fully functioning website yet That's one of the few grouses we have abt this place..

For the incoming juniors, KYUEM is basically a leading private college in Malaysia which isn't really as popular as Taylors or Sunway but nevertheless sends more than 90% of its students to top UK universities i.e. Cambridge, Oxford, LSE, Imperial College, etc.. One of our previous seniors got the highest Biology marks in the world so you should be prepared for some fierce competition in terms of academic results.. If you're used to be being the best student, etc. in your previous school, never make the assumption that you're still the best because you'll find almost every best student from around the country becoming your new classmates.. 90% of students are scholarship holders so be prepared to work your butt off

Curriculum : 2-yr Cambridge (CIE) A-Levels.. Considerably longer than some 18-mths courses in Taylors or Sunway, but most sponsors send their students for 2-yr preparation courses for entry to top UK universities.. Application to universities in US, Aus, NZ, etc. are rare @ non-existent.. I advise you do a little bit of research on what A-Levels are all abt (e.g. difference between AS and A2) and what combination of subjects will you need to meet most entry requirements for your future degree courses in UK.. You can freely choose which A-Level subjects you would want to take.. Classes in KYUEM are small.. The largest would be 20 students per teacher, the smallest would be 3 students

Accomodation : 4 students per chalet.. Each has 4 individual rooms, 2 toilets and 1 air-conditioned common room, equipped with an Internet-enabled computer.. Male and female chalet areas are separated by a football field.. Chalets are divided into houses, not unlike the system used in schools.. Inter-house competitions are aplenty..

Food : 3 meals served daily at the Dining Hall.. Not unlike SBP-style food service using multi-compartment dining trays but there are a few staff on hand to serve the food and make sure you don't take more than your share Wednesday is when Western breakfast and dinner is served There's also a cafeteria should you choose to be picky

Sports : Multipurpose Hall (MPH) has facilities for every sport imaginable; badminton, table tennis, squash, basketball, tennis, netball, volleyball, chess, etc.. There's an Olympic size swimming pool that's under maintenance and hopefully would reopen by July..

Clubs : Too many to mention.. There'll be a sports, clubs and societies registration day so knock yourselves out..

This is basically what you would need to know about living in KYUEM.. If you have any doubts, you can refer to Student Services or any seniors.. Remember to make your seniors your friends.. hehehe.. It'll make your life a whole lot easier.. There'll be a one-week induction for juniors where you'll learn a lot more abt KYUEM..

Welcome to KYUEM

11. The Following User Says Thank You to coolster1 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast