Chatbox  [Archives]

Loading ...
Empty the chat input field
MGC Chatbox Evo v3.3.0 by MGC © 2008-2012
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

User Tag List

Olimpiad Matematik Kebangsaan

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Olimpiad Matematik Kebangsaan

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Olimpiad Matematik Kebangsaan

hei guys....i went to the olimpiad matematik kebangsaan 2009(sulong category) and the question was damn hard............does anyone has any idea how exactly those who win in this competition prepare themselves? Is it that they have some innate talent?.....wonder how anyone can win in this competition.....

Primary School Children amoebaleong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: olimpiad matematik kebangsaan

Quote Originally Posted by jagandecapri View Post
    hei guys....i went to the olimpiad matematik kebangsaan 2009(sulong category) and the question was damn hard............does anyone has any idea how exactly those who win in this competition prepare themselves? Is it that they have some innate talent?.....wonder how anyone can win in this competition.....
    Youngyew had written some tips for Maths Olimpiad before. http://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3641

I believe that most students who score well in OMK have special training in their schools. This is because OMK covers materials that are beyond school syllabus like number theory.
    NTU Malaysian Students' Association http://www.ntumsa.com/

ReCom Addict Administrator youngyew's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure how the questions are like nowadays, but back in my days most questions were do-able with the most basic geometry theorems (cosine rules etc), high school algebra and logical deductions. Admittedly if you know some of the tricks it would make things much easier, and to an extent it is dependent on the quality of the preparation you get in your school.
    [][][][flickr]

Check out our ReCom wiki!
    Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The standard increased after during the 2000-2006 era... but it has declined since 2007 onwards... This year's questions were relatively easier (nope, you don't need to know fermat's little theorem, or last theorem or anything out of the textbook which is terribly difficult)... My students were able to answered some of them =)

Secondary School Student
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear Singapore's one is MCQ, so be thankful ours at least still retains some degree of the actual competition.

Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Olimpiad Matematik Kebangsaan

i managed to answer a few questions too which are mostly based on ones understanding.....but the bahagian B which is all proving is way too hard.....first and foremost, NOONE IN SCHOOL HAS THAUGHT HOW TO WRITE EVEN BASIC PROVES!!!!!

Secondary School Student
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tsar View Post
    I hear Singapore's one is MCQ, so be thankful ours at least still retains some degree of the actual competition.
    really? i heard that in singapore, the olympiad consists of 2 rounds. in the first round, you are required to answer about 25 questions (if i am not mistaken) by just writing the answer with no need to show the proof. if you do well enough, then you can proceed to the second round which will require you to show your working and proof clearly.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jagandecapri View Post
    i managed to answer a few questions too which are mostly based on ones understanding.....but the bahagian B which is all proving is way too hard.....first and foremost, NOONE IN SCHOOL HAS THAUGHT HOW TO WRITE EVEN BASIC PROVES!!!!!
    that's why it's an olympiad... people should take the initiative to study proving methods by themselves... Nvm, you have the experience now =) Can start preparing for next year

ReCom Addict Administrator youngyew's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some books available for olimpiad type preparation.

Locally I know of a book produced by Suhaimi one of the ex-IMO contestants and the current IMO team leader. Read more here:

http://suhaimiramly.wordpress.com/20...ort-updates-6/

There are also some books / resource about past OMK questions and solutions, but I don't know much about them so you might have to dig it out by yourself.

As for foreign book, this book is my all-time favourite:
    http://www.amazon.com/Art-Craft-Prob.../dp/0471135712

Yes, expensive, but very enlightening and helpful. Even if you are not preparing for Maths Olympiad, this book is still very empowering and eye-opening.
    [][][][flickr]

Check out our ReCom wiki!
    Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMK was MCQ in the old days (in the 80's). I still have a copy of some of the questions from those times.

For those who went to OMK 2009, mind sharing what the questions are?
    知不知道饮酒和饮水有什么区别?酒越饮越暖,水越喝越寒。 你越想忘记一个人时,其实你越会记得他。人的烦恼就是记性太好,如果可以把所有事都忘掉,以后每一日都是个 新开始,你说多好

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast