ReCom.org
Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

View Poll Results: Which course/programme in NTU that would attract you to study at NTU, Singapore?
Business & Accountancy 32 21.77%
Engineering 66 44.90%
Communication Studies 1 0.68%
Education Studies 3 2.04%
Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) 22 14.97%
Science (Mathematical Science) 10 6.80%
Linguistic Studies 1 0.68%
Information Technology 2 1.36%
Economics, Psychology 9 6.12%
Sport Sience & Management 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
creamy520cheese
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
  #441 Old 02-04-2012 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSmile View Post
I encountered the same problem and was about to send NTU an email to ask about it till I read the application procedures again.


Applicants are required to submit your application for admission before submitting your application for scholarship.

Applicants with the following qualifications:
1. Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level
2. Local Polytechnic Diploma
3. NUS High School Diploma
4. IB Diploma

The scholarship application form can be found at the link 'Application for Scholarship' at the end of your online application for admission. You are required to login with the application number assigned to you.
Applicants are required to submit a recent passport-size photo (digital image) online after completing your application form.
Applicants are also required to submit a referees appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. Your school teacher is to submit the online appraisal to us within 7 days of your scholarship application.
If you have reserved an undergraduate degree programme in NTU, you can login here to access the scholarship application form.

Applicants with Year 12 equivalent results:

Click here to apply for the scholarship with your assigned application number.
Applicants are required to submit a recent passport-size photo (digital image) online after completing your application form.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.



It seems that only those applying using certain qualifications (as listed above) would have to submit an appraisal form. I am applying using my A-Level results and that should be under category 2 (Applicants with Year 12 equivalent results) so the only thing I have to do is to submit my photograph. I was freaking worried too and not having to submit the form is a big relief to me because I am on study break and I would be a horrible student if I trouble my lecturer at this time. Haha. What about you? Which category are you under?




I saw this right after I emailed to NTU asking about the link! LOL Silly me!! Thank you for sharing! btw, may i know what results you got for your A Levels?
creamy520cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
RainbowSmile Female
Super Junior Member
 
RainbowSmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13
  #442 Old 02-04-2012 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamy520cheese View Post
I saw this right after I emailed to NTU asking about the link! LOL Silly me!! Thank you for sharing! btw, may i know what results you got for your A Levels?
Predicted:
Math A*
Accounting A*
Economics A

AS General paper a (achieved)

Applying for Accountancy & Business as well as accountancy. I regretted so much for leaving the other 3 choices blank. What are you applying for?

Personally I don't think I stand a good chance of getting shortlisted for the scholarship due to the fact that I'm taking only 3 subjects (Almost everyone is taking at least 4 subjects these days haha) and I don't think I wrote an impressive essay. But oh well, no harm trying! Perhaps I should start praying to the sky,land,stars,moon,sun,stones etc. OH I'M SO ANIMISTIC HAHAHA=))
RainbowSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
johnwzk Male
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 33
  #443 Old 03-04-2012 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max4Life View Post
I guess so far there's no "Entrance" examination for students to enter NTU....i nvr encounter anything like this so far in ntu...u apply using what qualifications?


I'm applying thorugh SAM, so I need to sit for their exam...any1 sat for it? is it hard?!
johnwzk is offline   Reply With Quote
creamy520cheese
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
  #444 Old 03-04-2012 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSmile View Post
Predicted:
Math A*
Accounting A*
Economics A

AS General paper a (achieved)

Applying for Accountancy & Business as well as accountancy. I regretted so much for leaving the other 3 choices blank. What are you applying for?

Personally I don't think I stand a good chance of getting shortlisted for the scholarship due to the fact that I'm taking only 3 subjects (Almost everyone is taking at least 4 subjects these days haha) and I don't think I wrote an impressive essay. But oh well, no harm trying! Perhaps I should start praying to the sky,land,stars,moon,sun,stones etc. OH I'M SO ANIMISTIC HAHAHA=))

That's a good results!! If you got straight As and impressive extra curricular activities,your chances should be high. haha,don worry too much,just have to keep our fingers crossed.

I applied for almost all business courses, didnt want to leave those choices blank coz I heard business courses offered by NTU are competitive O.o btw, I took three subjects too,but got a B in Economics My head of programme told me that if you're applying to NUS and you don't have 4 subjects,then the chances of you getting admitted are low. I have friends who applied last year to NTU with their predicted results,and after they submit their June results in August, their got rejected,even when some of them got two A* and two A. :-0

Anyways,good luck to you!!
creamy520cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
RainbowSmile Female
Super Junior Member
 
RainbowSmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13
  #445 Old 03-04-2012 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamy520cheese View Post
That's a good results!! If you got straight As and impressive extra curricular activities,your chances should be high. haha,don worry too much,just have to keep our fingers crossed.

I applied for almost all business courses, didnt want to leave those choices blank coz I heard business courses offered by NTU are competitive O.o btw, I took three subjects too,but got a B in Economics My head of programme told me that if you're applying to NUS and you don't have 4 subjects,then the chances of you getting admitted are low. I have friends who applied last year to NTU with their predicted results,and after they submit their June results in August, their got rejected,even when some of them got two A* and two A. :-0

Anyways,good luck to you!!
Yeah, I was just plain stupid. Ughhhhh I was thinking that I'd leave the rest empty till I thought of what to put in. Then I FORGOT. *bangs wall* I'm considering to send NTU an email to ask if I can still add in more choices but uhm.. should be rather pointless la. It was my own mistake anyway.

I wonder if GP is considered as a subject even if it's taken only at AS level? Ohh.. where are you from? I'm a Penangite =) Did you apply to NUS? I didn't because I was informed that those applying using predicted results would have to take SAT.

All the best to you too! ^_^
RainbowSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
creamy520cheese
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
  #446 Old 06-04-2012 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSmile View Post
Yeah, I was just plain stupid. Ughhhhh I was thinking that I'd leave the rest empty till I thought of what to put in. Then I FORGOT. *bangs wall* I'm considering to send NTU an email to ask if I can still add in more choices but uhm.. should be rather pointless la. It was my own mistake anyway.

I wonder if GP is considered as a subject even if it's taken only at AS level? Ohh.. where are you from? I'm a Penangite =) Did you apply to NUS? I didn't because I was informed that those applying using predicted results would have to take SAT.

All the best to you too! ^_^
Oh my, I feel you, that kind of feeling sucks,but what done is done,cant change that right? But I think you can try to send them an email, since the deadline for application has just passed not long ago,they might still accept. BTW, they are efficient!!! I got a reply the next day after I sent them an email ! :-0

I'm from selangor Nope, I didnt,hehe I know I wouldnt stand a chance of getting admitted,so didnt bother to apply. I'm also applying to other countries that has scholarships,so will decide when I get my offers.
creamy520cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Max4Life Male
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 31
  #447 Old 17-04-2012 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Hi everyone out there, anyone got selected into NTU for this upcoming semester??

Please report yourself here because we need your infos for the Malaysians Students Association and this year we are having difficulties to retrieve such informations from the school's office.

Thanks ^^
Max4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
RainbowSmile Female
Super Junior Member
 
RainbowSmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13
  #448 Old 17-04-2012 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamy520cheese View Post
Oh my, I feel you, that kind of feeling sucks,but what done is done,cant change that right? But I think you can try to send them an email, since the deadline for application has just passed not long ago,they might still accept. BTW, they are efficient!!! I got a reply the next day after I sent them an email ! :-0

I'm from selangor Nope, I didnt,hehe I know I wouldnt stand a chance of getting admitted,so didnt bother to apply. I'm also applying to other countries that has scholarships,so will decide when I get my offers.
Sorry for the late reply. I was having my trials Yes yes. They are super efficient haha.

I see.. =)) All the best to you, and I hope that you will receive favourable news from all your applications. Or that we'd meet in NTU in this coming August. Haha =))
RainbowSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
tongang Male
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9
  #449 Old 17-04-2012 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

hey I'm glad that I have been accepted by NTU my twentieth birthday gift perhaps? xD
tongang is offline   Reply With Quote
KenT13
Slightly Senior Member
 
KenT13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 559
  #450 Old 17-04-2012 Default Re: Nanyang Technological University (NTU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongang View Post
hey I'm glad that I have been accepted by NTU my twentieth birthday gift perhaps? xD
Congratulations, are you a stpm leaver>?
__________________
Join The Bananas Club ! Banana!!
KenT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Info: PhotoTour : Nanyang Technological University Open House 2009 Selau1 Education 1 24-03-2009 10:54 PM
Nanyang Technological University nicodemus Education 1 28-04-2007 02:31 AM
Sale of Nanyang Siang Pao chenchow Education 2 24-10-2006 01:29 AM
Research University vs Traditional University chenchow Education 19 05-03-2006 04:37 AM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.12606 seconds with 17 queries