ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate

Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

STPM--Pengajian Perniagaan or Mathematics (S)

aniemel Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 02-04-2012 Default STPM--Pengajian Perniagaan or Mathematics (S)

Should I choose Pengajian Perniagaan or Mathematics (S) for form 6 since I want to study accountancy later at U? Which is easier to score and which is more relevant to my field of study?
aniemel is offline   Reply With Quote
CelineD Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#2 Old 02-04-2012 Default Re: STPM--Pengajian Perniagaan or Mathematics (S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniemel View Post
Should I choose Pengajian Perniagaan or Mathematics (S) for form 6 since I want to study accountancy later at U? Which is easier to score and which is more relevant to my field of study?
Maths S. PP does have some maths but majority of it is business theory (Covey, Maslow, etc...) compared to calculations. Besides, the PP scheme, especially for PP1, can be quite rigid every year (answer bulat2 from textbooks will not get you full marks btw) and thus harder to score in a way. this is according to personal experience only though.

if you like stats , maths s for you...

Here's my blog/writing wonderland: Deb's Ink Trail

nice to meet you :D
Twitter
CelineD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CelineD For This Useful Post:
sandwraith Female
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 03-04-2012 Default Re: STPM--Pengajian Perniagaan or Mathematics (S)

Yeah, do Maths S. Nowadays, mathematicians are in demand
sandwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sandwraith For This Useful Post:
adele123 Female

#4 Old 03-04-2012 Default Re: STPM--Pengajian Perniagaan or Mathematics (S)

^ she wants to study accountancy. and mathematicians in demand? seriously? care to explain why?

then i look at maths S syllabus, regardless of what universities you go to to study accounting, i THINK you have to do some basic statistic related course during your first year, then maths s seems relevant. (damn, i didn't know the things i need to know they actually taught in maths s but not maths t)

PS: i tried reading PP's syllabus, but i can't understand, so can't comment (since i'm pure science student)
sandwraith Female
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 07-04-2012 Default Re: STPM--Pengajian Perniagaan or Mathematics (S)

well actually, i had wrongly assumed that aniemel wanted to pursue a math-related career. Before stumbling upon her post, i'd read many articles on math-related careers and hence, the assumption.... my bad ^^

From what i've heard, not much math is needed to study accounting. A working knowledge of arithmetic and a small amount of basic algebra will allow a student to successfully complete any introductory accounting courses.
But if you have an aptitude for math, then you might find math s easier then PP. Let's not forget about the scheme, if u get what i mean....

to be honest, i've been taking less strattera since i left the NS.<---more excuse xD
sandwraith is offline   Reply With Quote