It is that time of the year again!
Looking for some interesting CV-worthy experience? Would you like to write for a growing magazine and be part of a vibrant team working together?
We are looking for 4 to 6
writers; the exact number of people we recruit will depend on the amount and quality of the applications we receive.
We are particularly interested in applicants who might want to write monthly columns on certain issues, such as education [scholarships, etc]
, restaurant/food reviews
, and maybe even student budget shopping
if you fancy! Our highest priority will be given to education columnists
, but feel free to make other proposals.
What will I be doing?
1. Your chief responsibility will be to produce one article per month.
2. You may, in addition, be expected to help out with other organisational matters in the team.
How do I apply?
Simply send an e-mail to
with the following:
1. Your ReCom username*
2. A little bit about yourself [just a brief introduction would do!]
3. Any other information that you feel is relevant to your application [what sort of articles/pieces you would prefer to write, if you are interested in writing a column, etc]
4. A sample of your writing [see below]
*This requirement only applies if you have an existing ReCom account; if you do not, this will not prejudice your application in any way.
What sort of articles/pieces should I submit?
Your pieces should ideally be kept below 1500 words. [We're not too anal about this though, so don't worry if you go a bit over the limit!]
You can either submit something you have already written OR if you are feeling adventurous, you may attempt to write something on the following topics:
1. Your predictions for the next general election.
2. Evaluate the current youth culture in Malaysia.
3. Scholarships in Malaysia. Discuss.
4. National schools vs private schools.
5. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Discuss.
6. Lady Gaga. Discuss, with specific focus on the impact she has on society.
7. Is there ANY reason why Sally would want to sell seashells on the seashore? Can you think of any? Discuss the viability of her business model and any steps Sally can take to ensure the profitability of her business.
8. Write a story involving BOTH egg cartons and bug spray as an important part of the plot.
Applications close on the 15th of December 2011
. Selected applicants will be placed on a three-month probation period.
Extensions of the deadline may be requested. Feel free to post in this topic if you have any questions. Good luck!
Chief Editor of ReMag.