ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Matriculation

Matriculation All threads about matriculation (matrikulasi) belong here.

what SPM result to get into Matriculation ?

ivycly Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 23-04-2012 Question what SPM result to get into Matriculation ?

I am very curious with the way the authorities choose the candidates.
Do you all mind to tell me what is the spm result you get to get into the matriculation. I really hope to get the matriculation and i worried they don't offer me.
ivycly is offline   Reply With Quote
jzchai Male
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 23-04-2012 Default Re: what SPM result to get into Matriculation ?

Hard to say.Because there is a kuota system which allows only certain percentage of chineses and indians to enter matrikulasi.10% I think.Or am I outdated???
jzchai is offline   Reply With Quote
plawks

#3 Old 23-04-2012 Default Re: what SPM result to get into Matriculation ?

It really depends on whether if you are a bumi or not. I myself got in with 9A+,1A- but my 10A+,1A- friend didn't get in until after appealing. Usually for non bumis you need at least 6 to 7A+ I think, at least from what I observed.

Also you need an 'A' in your co-curricular activities marks.

If you are a bumi you are definitely a shoo-in, even with so-so results.

"No matter how much cats fight, there always seems to be plenty of kittens." - Abraham Lincoln
plawks is offline   Reply With Quote
shawn95 Male
Less Junior Member

#4 Old 23-04-2012 Post Re: what SPM result to get into Matriculation ?

Jurusan Sains (M001)

• C dalam Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Inggeris, Matematik Tambahan dan Kimia
  • B dalam Matematik
  • C dalam salah satu mata pelajaran daripada Fizik atau Biologi
Jurusan Perakaunan (M003)

• C dalam Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Inggeris dan Matematik
  • E dalam Matematik Tambahan
  • C dalam dua mata pelajaran daripada Prinsip Perakaunan, Ekonomi Asas, Keusahawanan, Perdagangan, Sains Tambahan, Fizik, Kimia, Biologi atau Mata Pelajaran Teknik (Pengajian Kejuruteraan Awam / Pengajian Kejuruteraan Mekanikal/ Pengajian Kejuruteraan Elektrik dan Elektronik / Teknologi Kejuruteraan/ Lukisan Kejuruteraan)
Aliran Teknikal (M007)

• C dalam Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Inggeris, Matematik Tambahan dan Fizik
  • B dalam Matematik
  • E dalam Kimia
  • C dalam satu mata pelajaran daripada Pengajian Kejuruteraan Awam / Pengajian Kejuruteraan Mekanikal/ Pengajian Kejuruteraan Elektrik dan Elektronik atau Teknologi Kejuruteraan
All this info is available at the gov't website and various blogs. www.moe.gov.my/bmkpm/

I'm a bumiputera and I wasn't aware there was any racial quota system regarding matriculation. Matrikulasi is a safety net, a chance of redemption after SPM... if there is any redeeming needed.
shawn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Boyz_Zoo Male
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#5 Old 23-04-2012 Default Re: what SPM result to get into Matriculation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn95 View Post
Jurusan Sains (M001)

• C dalam Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Inggeris, Matematik Tambahan dan Kimia
  • B dalam Matematik
  • C dalam salah satu mata pelajaran daripada Fizik atau Biologi
Jurusan Perakaunan (M003)

• C dalam Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Inggeris dan Matematik
  • E dalam Matematik Tambahan
  • C dalam dua mata pelajaran daripada Prinsip Perakaunan, Ekonomi Asas, Keusahawanan, Perdagangan, Sains Tambahan, Fizik, Kimia, Biologi atau Mata Pelajaran Teknik (Pengajian Kejuruteraan Awam / Pengajian Kejuruteraan Mekanikal/ Pengajian Kejuruteraan Elektrik dan Elektronik / Teknologi Kejuruteraan/ Lukisan Kejuruteraan)
Aliran Teknikal (M007)

• C dalam Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Inggeris, Matematik Tambahan dan Fizik
  • B dalam Matematik
  • E dalam Kimia
  • C dalam satu mata pelajaran daripada Pengajian Kejuruteraan Awam / Pengajian Kejuruteraan Mekanikal/ Pengajian Kejuruteraan Elektrik dan Elektronik atau Teknologi Kejuruteraan
All this info is available at the gov't website and various blogs. www.moe.gov.my/bmkpm/

I'm a bumiputera and I wasn't aware there was any racial quota system regarding matriculation. Matrikulasi is a safety net, a chance of redemption after SPM... if there is any redeeming needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzchai View Post
Hard to say.Because there is a kuota system which allows only certain percentage of chineses and indians to enter matrikulasi.10% I think.Or am I outdated???
Wat shawn95 said was d minimum requirement to enter matriculation. U need to do better than tat due to d competition especially for non-bumi and like what jzchai has said, thr a quota system of 90% bumi and 10% non-bumi. However, it oso depends on ur koku n ur luck.

#6 Old 23-04-2012 Default Re: what SPM result to get into Matriculation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyz_Zoo View Post
Wat shawn95 said was d minimum requirement to enter matriculation. U need to do better than tat due to d competition especially for non-bumi and like what jzchai has said, thr a quota system of 90% bumi and 10% non-bumi. However, it oso depends on ur koku n ur luck.

Hmm. I personally know 8 non-bumi students(myself included) who got into matrics. All of them have at least one parent who is a public school teacher. I'll leave it to you to decide if that's just a coincidence or not.

EDIT : On recount, it's 8 students, not 7.

Last edited by marczeman; 24-04-2012 at 12:29 AM.
marczeman is offline   Reply With Quote
rocky2009 Male
Less Junior Member

#7 Old 23-04-2012 Default Re: what SPM result to get into Matriculation ?

i think they just select randomly. i don't believe it's anything to do with how good our results are. so just pray and hope for the best.
rocky2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
yanno_yamster Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#8 Old 23-04-2012 Default Re: what SPM result to get into Matriculation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marczeman View Post
Hmm. I personally know 7 non-bumi students(myself included) who got into matrics. All of them have at least one parent who is a public school teacher. I'll leave it to you to decide if that's just a coincidence or not.
I was offered to do matrics a few years ago. Neither of my parents are teachers.

May you be well and happy!!! :)
yanno_yamster is offline   Reply With Quote
ivycly Female
Super Junior Member

#9 Old 23-04-2012 Default Re: what SPM result to get into Matriculation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plawks View Post
It really depends on whether if you are a bumi or not. I myself got in with 9A+,1A- but my 10A+,1A- friend didn't get in until after appealing. Usually for non bumis you need at least 6 to 7A+ I think, at least from what I observed.

Also you need an 'A' in your co-curricular activities marks.

If you are a bumi you are definitely a shoo-in, even with so-so results.
i gt 9 in my co-curriculum.so i don't think it's a big problem to me. I gt 8 A+ ,i dunno is it good enough.
ivycly is offline   Reply With Quote
marczeman Male

#10 Old 24-04-2012 Default Re: what SPM result to get into Matriculation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanno_yamster View Post
I was offered to do matrics a few years ago. Neither of my parents are teachers.
Oh lol okay. I didn't mean it as an absolute requirement. Plus God knows how things were "a few years ago". Haha anyway just to clarify, what I said was a personal observation. People who on paper seem to be much more eligible (9A+, high koko marks) don't get in, but children of gov servants (teachers in particular for some reason) do. My observations are based on successful applicants from my own school btw.
Obviously this is all speculation. Don't take it too seriously. It's just that I don't agree that it comes down to "luck".