Originally Posted by dragonking007
Hi, you accepted the offer? You got to choose the residential college or it is just randomly selected?
Hello those staying in UM. Mind telling me which residential college have the best surrounding/environment? I hope to get some places near library, swimming pool/sports facilities. By the way, i got computer science. Thus i think it should be near the cs lecture hall. Thank you!
You cannot choose residential college. You need to live in the college stated in the offer letter.
If you active in university, faculty, college or society activities during your first year, you can apply for your desired college in your second year.
From my opinion, 12th college is the best in term of facilities.
Originally Posted by yuki5050
Fristly,could you please explain about "pelajar baru dlm sistem semester dibenarkan m'daftar kersus bagi jumlah maksimum 18 kredit. Pelajar perubatan dikecualikan daripada syarat ini"
2. and according to "paying yuran pengajian dan bayaran pelbagai for 1 semester" before registration, is it means before the registration for orientation? and is it paid with the same method as we pay for haluansiswa?
3. Any good tips for medic? Books, tools, professors? is there anyone who are sellling or giving away their old books?
4. If my parents are not able to come to haluansiswa, will there be a problem, specifically on the sesi bersama ibu bapa?
1. Medical students (MBBS) and Dental students (BDS) still using term system as compared to normal system that is the semester system. I am not familiar with the term system. You may ask the seniors and the Pembantu Mahasiswa or the faculty will explain to you during orientation week.
2. Yuran haluan siswa need to be paid before registration. Yuran pengajian need to be paid after subject verification (usually after 4th weeks)
3. There is buddy system in UM. There are seniors who will take care of you through out your studies. They will give their lecture notes too! (and some books).
4. If your parents cant attend the registration day, it should be no problem.