ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Biasiswa Yang Di-Pertuan Agong Tahun 2008 Kelolaan Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam

khuanoz

#1 Old 08-07-2008 Red face Biasiswa Yang Di-Pertuan Agong Tahun 2008 Kelolaan Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam

Biasiswa Yang Di-Pertuan Agong Tahun 2008 Kelolaan Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam

Introduction

yeaps the prestigious scholarship exclusively for 'cream of the crop' as quoted from an interview article with the director of JPA himself..haha

Quote:
But we also have the Agong?s Scholarship for a dozen people.

This is for the cr?me de la cr?me. We get special people to do the selecting. It?s for Malaysians studying locally or abroad.

First-class is the basic requirement. They can go anywhere in the world. They get double the allowance.

One day, a deputy minister called me: ?Please help me. My daughter applied for the Agong?s Scholarship. She?s first-class.?

I said: ?YB, everybody (applying) is first-class.?

If they are successful, they get a letter from the king. They have an audience with the king. If you look at them, you know they are brilliant. Not everybody can talk to the king without stammering.

The selection process is very tough. And when they come back, they don?t have to work for the government. But they have to work for the country.
the actual link to the article (there's a 'great' picture of the guy also! =P)

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/N...cle/index_html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Links

Here's the link the the site with all the complete details..

http://www.jpa.gov.my/2008/07/826/

And the link for those who'd like to download it in .doc format

(see attached file)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
General Info

Okie since its easy to post i might as well post everything over here to make things easier eh..

Tarikh Tutup
6 Ogos 2008

Kursus
Biasiswa Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tahun 2008 Kelolaan Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam

Tajaan
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam

Rujukan
Lampiran (maklumat penuh)

Kategori
Warganegara Malaysia sahaja

Syarat-syarat Permohonan Syarat kelayakan yang ditetapkan adalah seperti berikut:

-Warganegara Malaysia;

-Berumur tidak melebihi 30 tahun pada tahun memulakan pengajian;
Memiliki Ijazah Sarjana Muda / Sarjana yang diiktiraf oleh Kerajaan dengan pencapaian CGPA minimum 3.75 atau kelas pertama atau yang setaraf dengannya;

-Aktif dalam kegiatan ko-kurikulum atau aktiviti kemasyarakatan atau menghasilkan kerja-kerja kreatif dan inovatif;

-Mahir dalam lebih daripada satu bahasa antarabangsa; dan

-Mendapat tempat pengajian di institusi pengajian tinggi awam tempatan atau di universiti terkemuka dunia (Ivy League) dan setara.

-Bagi pemohon yang terdiri daripada kakitangan perkhidmatan awam, pemohon hendaklah mengisi borang tambahan iaitu borang JPA(L)LDP 1B/96 (Pin.1/2003) dengan pengesahan markah LNPT oleh Ketua Jabatan untuk 3 tahun (2005, 2006 dan 2007).

Tempat
Universiti Terkemuka (Dalam dan Luar Negara)

Tempoh
Ph.D ( 3 tahun )

Sarjana ( 1 - 2 tahun )

Dokumen Permohonan
-Borang Biasiswa Yang di-Pertuan Agong

-JPA(L)LDP 1B/96 (Pin.1/2003) (Perlu diisi oleh Kakitangan Perkhidmatan Awam Sahaja)

Pegawai Bertanggungjawab
Cik Halila Faiza Zainal Abidin
Tel: 03-8885 3419

Faks: 03-88892171

Emel: [email address]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

that's about all from me..anyone interested do check it out..hope they have a better sense in really picking out the supposed cr?me de la cr?me =)
khuanoz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khuanoz For This Useful Post:
khuanoz

#2 Old 08-07-2008 Smile

ooops i almost forgotten about the attached file..here it is =)
Attached Files
File Type: doc Biasiswa Yang Di-Pertuan Agong.doc (33.5 KB, 24 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to khuanoz For This Useful Post:
sAmurAi-X
Slightly Senior Member

#3 Old 08-07-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khuanoz View Post
-Mahir dalam lebih daripada satu bahasa antarabangsa
Wow, a tough one! Is mandarin considered an international language?

Experiences of Insignificant City Folk
sAmurAi-X is offline   Reply With Quote
khuanoz

#4 Old 09-07-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAmurAi-X View Post
Wow, a tough one! Is mandarin considered an international language?
lol i guess so..i think they mean international like the main languages such as english, mandarin, indian, french, japanese, spanish, german and so forth..but lesser known such as local dialects and stuff cannot la..haha
tent
Less Junior Member

#5 Old 09-07-2008 Default

khunoz , do u apply for that?

this agung scholarships is for the 1st degree holder rite?

jpa is getting richer and richer in the sense of the sponsorships increase tremendously over the past few years...lol
tent is offline   Reply With Quote
abuzar

#6 Old 09-07-2008 Default

yeah, many scholarships nowadays.and its deliciously rewarding.the agung scholarship is delicious
abuzar is offline   Reply With Quote
khuanoz

#7 Old 10-07-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tent View Post
khunoz , do u apply for that?

this agung scholarships is for the 1st degree holder rite?

jpa is getting richer and richer in the sense of the sponsorships increase tremendously over the past few years...lol
nope im still in form 6 so ya you guys have a go for it if you can =)
i read from newspapers there are only a handful-around 10 scholars selected out of possible thousands..haha so ya all the best ya

and yup jpa richer but not really investing properly..if you noe wat i mean..haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuzar View Post
yeah, many scholarships nowadays.and its deliciously rewarding.the agung scholarship is delicious
'delicious'? oook..that's an interesting choice of words..i'd say its the most prestigious scholarship offered in malaysia by the government and to be selected you must be some sort of a genius in your own right =)

Last edited by khuanoz; 10-07-2008 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
khuanoz

#8 Old 14-08-2008 Default

~~Update~~

from http://esila.jpa.gov.my/portaljpa.php

ADALAH DIMAKLUMKAN BAHAWA KEPUTUSAN PANGGILAN TEMUDUGA BAGI PERMOHONAN BIASISWA YANG DI PERTUAN AGONG (YDPA) AKAN DIUMUMKAN MULAI 15 OGOS 2008 (JUMAAT).
PERMOHONAN BOLEH DISEMAK MELALUI LAMAN WEB JABATAN PERKHIDMATAN AWAM MALAYSIA MULAI TARIKH DI ATAS.

i'd like to see who actually applied and who eventually will be awarded in the end..haha
Tiffy_LCT1984
Super Junior Member

#9 Old 21-08-2008 Default

Hello. Can anyone of you briefly tell the process for the Biasiswa Agong interview? Will it be in group or individually? Thank you in advance.
Tiffy_LCT1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
madeinmsia
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 23-08-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffy_LCT1984 View Post
Hello. Can anyone of you briefly tell the process for the Biasiswa Agong interview? Will it be in group or individually? Thank you in advance.
when i went for the interview 2 years ago, there was only 1 interview to do. you go early, register yourself and hope you get a nice panel. most probably those who will be interviewing you have a background in the area you are interested to study. there were 3 people on the panel who interviewed me and the head was one of the top guys in the field.

they started off asking some social questions. then at that time, asked me about the elections, my work. it's important that you show you know what is going in Malaysia too, so just read the newspaper. at least know what the headline topics are and are able to give ur opinion. jangan jadi katak di bawah tempurung! and oh yeah, pls know who the Agong is, name and some very simple background info. it's his scholarship so know something about him!

and then they'll ask about ur studies, what ur interest, etc. didn't seem that complicated that you had to show u r smart or anything. it will come across by the way you talk and interact. be confident and be relaxed. my attitude was if i get, then good. if not, then nevermind. there'll be other opportunities.

JPA said there is no quota for different groups or anything. the brightest and best potential will get it. so all the best, yall.
madeinmsia is offline   Reply With Quote