From ReCom Wiki
Revising the syllabus for the subject of history has been made by the School Curriculum Development Centre in 2000. The syllabus has been approved by the Curriculum Committee at the Centre in June 2001.
History subjects are offered as core subjects for the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia examination candidates. (SPM).
Examination Board has entered designing assessment instruments are based on a standard test specification table to ensure the quality, fairness and reliability of test scores.
Examination Board, Ministry of Education has prepared the assessment format for the History of SPM from 2004. This format has been approved by the Meeting of the Curriculum Center, Ministry of Education.
ITEM DIFFICULTY LEVEL 3.0
Items submitted has three levels, namely:
- Level R - Items that have a low level of difficulty
- Level S - Items that have a moderate level of difficulty
- Level T - Items that have a high difficulty level
1. Candidates must answer
i) Paper 1 - Objective
ii) Paper 2 - Structure / Essay
2. Paper first time - 1hr
Paper 2 - 2 hours
3. Start the SPM 2004 paper contains 40 questions covering a Form 4 and Form 5 (40 marks)
4. Paper 2 consists of four structured questions (40 marks) and 5 essay questions selected 3 (60 marks) include measures of Form 4 and Form 5.
5. Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 of Form 4 and Form 5 is very important to question the objectives / structure / essay.
1. Section A (structured questions)
- 2 questions from Form 4 and Form 5 2 questions
- Questions floating a / b / c / d
- Covers the concepts, because
- Requiring short answers
- A question mark between 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
- Weak answer structure
2. Section B (essay questions)
- A question re-issued in 2005 (6c)
- Many questions CCTS
- Marks a bit - 1 content = 1 mark
- Scoring change - need facts / explanation / example
- Focus on understanding the requirements / meaning question
- There is a misleading question (6a)
- Broad scope of questions but few marks
- A question many of the breakdown
- Important to understand the keyword question - What do / explain / How / Why /
Describe / Explain
- Essential see Form 4 / Form 5, and language
- Schema changes is a theme = 1 mark
PROPOSAL TO CANDIDATES / TEACHER
- Use the textbook as a reference point
- Acquire measure of Form 4 and Form 5 with the best
- Acquire techniques / topics / sub topics, to answer questions
- Attend a briefing / speech enhancement performance
- Expand revision, exercises and group discussions
- Refer to previous questions and know SPM analysis questions
- Information and understanding of the question keywords question
- Make preparations early
- Disclosure of a collaborative question
- To have a question bank
- Understand the requirements of questions and scoring LPM
- Use the correct and appropriate sentence
- The answer must be no facts, explanations and examples.
IMPORTANT TOPICS SPM
1. Form 4 - Chapter 1 / 2 - the beginning of civilization
- Chapter 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 - All Cap Islam
- Chapter 9 - Change in Europe
2. Form 5 - Chapter 1 / 2 - Folk
- Chapter 3 / 6 / 7 - The concept of nation building - Chapter 9 - Malaysia's international cooperation.