PDA

View Full Version : Chess Tips

taufiq
22-07-2005, 02:34 AM
Got any tips?
Share it with everyone!
It might be your own tips or from anyone..
I've one coming soon..

taufiq
22-07-2005, 03:44 AM
Tips to win over a computer
Create a material imbalance
(give it 2 pawns or a piece for example)
so that it might think that it is winning
but make sure you have a winning chance even with material imbalance

Note: might not works against a strong computer opponent
(try to use it against Accoona's medium difficulty)

deRame
24-07-2005, 04:18 AM
perhaps someone can give me tips on how to solve chess puzzles easily. :wink:

taufiq
24-07-2005, 04:57 AM
usually you will have to sacrifice a material in a medium level puzzle.. look for force moves as well (a check, a mate threat, pin, skewer, fork etc etc)

zingkov
25-07-2005, 04:35 AM
on the contrary, for tough puzzle (like the 3rd puzzle), dont look for forced moves, look for weird moves instead...usually it is some sort of nice maneuver.

Mirianchoo
06-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi guys, I am now a uni student, but I used to be my A-Level Chess Club president. Back in secondary school, I used to represent my school 3 years in a row for competitions. I am a bit rusty now, but i can still give pointers in chess.

The keys to success in chess are practice and memorising positions. Great chess players like Grandmasters use mainly pattern recognition in playing chess, and little strategy analysis. Hence, it would be good to buy books with good openings, endgames, etc and memorise positions. If practice is your thing, play against softwares like Chessmaster 9000, or join a chess club and play against good players. It doesn't matter if you keep losing, because 'no pain, no gain'. One good thing about practice games is that you also improve your pattern recognition skills when you recognise the positions that occur frequently on the board, and you can learn from your mistakes or from the great moves of other players who are better than you are.

K, that's all from me. Hope this helped. Also try chess puzzles. Lots of them. :)