PDA

View Full Version : Hospice KL, Cheras

TheArtOfMedicine
30-05-2008, 09:15 PM
OK, let's make it brief. I'm an A level student who's about finish my course *Enough about myself*

Now, my plan is to volunteer at this hospice after completing my final exams, which is the only one that popped up when i searched for hospice Malaysia under google. I've read quite a bit on that place and i think it suits my character/my way of helping people.Basically, the work involves cheering up the old and sick people who come to that hospice at certain days.In other words, it's just a small hospital that hosts events for those who are sick and immobile, on a regular basis.

Enough said, please click on the following link for more details:

http://www.hospismalaysia.org/index.php?mid=262

I'll probably start my volunteering work by July and that'll last until the end of August as i have to go back to my hometown and pack up for England in October. Let's make those old folks have their best 2 months in their lives by simply spending a mere 10 hours a week in that hospice.

P/S: I have never done that sort of work before(I only did some community work at a school for the mentally retarded last year and i think old people are hundred times harder to deal with, aren't they?), so please don't count on me if you were to join. I'm about to learn, humbly.

Cheers.

evening_go_jogging
31-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Is it only in Cheras?

will there be a place for me to stay?

TheArtOfMedicine
05-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Hi. Sorry for this extremely late reply. I was preparing for my exams for the past few days.

I think there's only one and that's in Cheras. You wouldn't be having a place to stay because we'll only be volunteering for about 2 or 3 days every week, approximately 7 hours for each session. (Since that's volunteering work,we wouldn't be forced to stay back for so long if we don't feel like doing so).

Anything else that you'd to know?

evening_go_jogging
13-06-2008, 12:55 PM
if that is the case, then i won't be able to go for it.