PDA

View Full Version : Event: Malaysian Student Leaders Summit 2009

gabrielle
19-06-2009, 12:29 AM
As with previous summits, the third annual Malaysian Student Leaders Summit will be held on the second weekend of August (8th and 9th August 2009) at Nikko Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. Details of the event are as follows:

Embrace the Power of Reason

This summit will be a platform for intellectual and scholastic discourse between the prominent figures and also the Malaysian student leaders from around the world. One of the key missions of this summit is to expose the participants to Malaysians who are world class leaders, speakers and thinkers in diverse fields, encouraging an understanding of Malaysia's unique challenges.

PROPOSED Sessions and Speakers:

DAY ONE
*Officiating Address

*ECONOMIC ADDRESS:

“Sustainable Growth or Distributive Justice- Role of Monetary Policy in Building the New Economic Model for Malaysia”

Tan Sri Dr Zeti Akhtar Aziz, Governor of BNM

*NATION BUILDING SESSION:

ARTS AND LITERATURE: The best way forward in building national identity?

Patrick Teoh, theatre activist; Yasmin Ahmad, film director; Kam Raslan, writer, Dato Seri Annuar Zaini, Chairman BERNAMA

*CORPORATE MALAYSIA SESSION:

The Recession Is Here: Staying on top During the Downturn

Dato’ Seri Che Khalib, CEO TNB; Dato’ Justin Leong, Head of Investment, Genting Group; Tan Sri Azman Hashim, Chairman of AmBank Group

*EDUCATION/LANGUAGE:

The Survival of Bahasa Melayu as our National Language in the Context of Education Policy Development

Dato Johan Jaafar, columnist and author, Dato’ Wee Ka Siong, Deputy Education Minister, Emeritus Professor Nik Safiah Karim, linguist

*YOUTH DEVELOPMENT FORUM:

Youth- A greater role in the electorate, a bigger responsibility towards Malaysia
Dato’ Sheikh Muszaphar, ANGKASAWAN and youth icon, Hannah Yeoh, ADUN Subang, Dato’ Razali Ibrahim, Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports, Tai Zee Kin Deputy Chairman of UKEC

*SPECIAL ADDRESS

Malaysia Beyond 2020: Direction, Issues and Challenges

Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad, former Prime Minister of Malaysia

*POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT SESSION

Transforming Malaysian Politics: Enlarging the Middle Ground in the Age of Partisanship
YB Dr Lo’Lo’ Ghazali (PR), MP, YB Datuk Nur Jazlan Rahmat, MP (BN), YB Tian Chua (PR), MP,YB SK Devamany (BN), MP

*SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

From Technology User to Leader: Strategies to Avoid Playing Catch-Up Game with the Asian Giants

Dato’ Badlisham Ghazali, CEO of MDeC; Prof Dato Ir. Dr Zaini Ujang, Vice Chancellor, UTM; Dr Daud Mohammad, Director-General of Malaysian Nuclear Agency

*LEGAL/ UNITY

Malaysian Federal Constitution: Interpreting and Understanding Article 153 in the formation of Bangsa Malaysia

Prof Aziz Bari, Constitutional Law Expert, SenatorTan Sri Dato Dr. Koh Tsu Koon, Minister in the PM Department (Unity and Performance Management), Dato’ Ambiga Sreevanesan, former BAR Council President, Ibrahim Ali, MP

*SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT

Civil Society’s Progress in Malaysia- Giving Voice to the Voiceless or Voice for the Middle-Class conscience?

Ong Kian Ming, education activist, Malik Imtiaaz Sawar, human rights activist, Tan Sri Dato’ Dr Jemilah Mahmood, President of MERCY Malaysia

*GOVERNANCE/CLOSING ADDRESS

‘1Malaysia: People First, Performance Now’- Towards a Strong and Responsible Government for Today and Tomorrow’

Y.A.B Dato Sri Najib Tun Razak, Prime Minister of Malaysia

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! To register, please visit http://msls09.com/ and complete the form. You will receive a notification upon receipt of your registration form. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER MORE THAN ONCE as this would cause delay in confirming your place closer to the event.

For more information, please visit http://msls09.com/ or contact one of the organizing committee members below:
Project Director, Chairman of UKEC: Amir Fareed Rahim amirfareedrahim@<hidden>
Deputy Chairman: Tai Zee Kin, zeekin@<hidden>
General Secretary: Lim Boon Seong, boonseong@<hidden>

So, any Recommers attending? :)

luminodreamer89
19-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Yes. Registered this morning. haha. Was invited in facebook.

Glassylicious
19-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Will definitely make an effort to attend, if the event doesn't clash with my internship times.

winson
19-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Registered. What do I need to do next?

wnka86
19-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh well gab, I have to give it a miss this year having attended the last 2 editions. It clashes with my lecture this time. I'm in the middle of the semester. Unlike undergraduates, we do not have the luxury anymore in postgrad. I miss my days now...lol

Enjoy and make a change my fellow young friends.

SapphireDragon
19-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Hey, just wanna ask, can pre-u students like us taking STPM< A levels and matriculation attend???

luminodreamer89
19-06-2009, 02:48 PM
@<hidden>: Yeap. I am a pre-U student. ^^

seeweijie
19-06-2009, 10:11 PM
TOO bad... it clashes with my trip..
I wanted to attend... have been checking recom constantly to look for the details of MSLS2009..
now i got it but i cant go... so sad..

mehul91
19-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Well i just registered. It looks interesting

chenchow
20-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Hope to see a lot of recomers going. Lets have a huge ReComers gathering there! For the past 2 editions, more than 50 ReComers were there! So, lets spread the words around!!!

SapphireDragon
21-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Again, can pre-u students go?

Smilehoe
21-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Yes, you can.

nameloo
28-06-2009, 09:04 AM
What is CV?

Is it Curriculum Vitae?

How to do dat?

gabrielle
03-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Bump da bump

davidchak
03-07-2009, 10:36 PM
I wish I can go but I've already booked a flight to Sarawak on that week...

If only I knew this earlier, I woulda change my sarawak trip date

gabrielle
17-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Bumpity bump

angina
18-07-2009, 03:04 AM
hey, ya i participate that summit before and it was a nice one indeed..but i cant submit my cv online..thus i cant register for it....any solution for this?

WiNGLeSs_anGeL31
18-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Registration deadline is tomorrow.
Register now!

luminodreamer89
18-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Why not we make a small gathering for the recommers at the MSLS 09? haha.

gabrielle
18-07-2009, 01:58 PM
hey, ya i participate that summit before and it was a nice one indeed..but i cant submit my cv online..thus i cant register for it....any solution for this?

You can send an email to Boon Seong about it?

Why not we make a small gathering for the recommers at the MSLS 09? haha.

Practically almost everyone at MSLS will have been a Recommer at some point of their lives. Besides, most of the people there will go in splintered cliques, but you can always organize one if you want.

CCY_to_the_top
19-07-2009, 07:08 PM
BUMP!! thank guys! I've registered and going together with 5 friends who registered at the last minute..once again, recoms rocks..

WatermelonSeed
22-07-2009, 11:42 AM

Email Boon Seong (boonseong@<hidden>) and attach your CV in the email. He'll be able to update the form for you.

Registration deadline is tomorrow.
Register now!

Registration is extended to Sunday 26/7. So there's time to register still. They have started sending confirmations to the early birds though but it's never too late to register if you are still interested!

AlvinLee91
22-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Hai, i registered a weeks before!! Hope to see you soon....
I dint attached CV, is it a must to summit it?

WatermelonSeed
22-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Hai, i registered a weeks before!! Hope to see you soon....
I dint attached CV, is it a must to summit it?

From the website, I think it's optional..

louis
22-07-2009, 01:42 PM
hey everyone..i received the confirmation email already..hope to see you guys there..recom rocks =p

luminodreamer89
22-07-2009, 01:46 PM
good good. haha. Hope to see more recommers there. haha

luminodreamer89
11-08-2009, 05:58 PM
This event is successfully held in Hotel Nikko last weekend.

Maybe we accidentally brushed our shoulders or we actually spoke randomly?

Hi there, let me self-introduce first. I am Peter. lol