ReCom.org
Social Group
This is a public group.

Coderz

Visit the forum of this group.
Group Created by luke

Coders and programmers aboard!

View All Members Showing 10 of 12 Member(s)
Activity in forum
Visit the forum of this group.
  1. luke
    02-12-2008
    luke
    The sorting algorithm is called "Bubble Sort" because smaller (or larger) elements move towards the end of the sequence, just like how bubble rises from the bottom of a lake to the surface.

let's say i have 2,4,3,5,1.
    first step, i compare 1 to 5, 1 is less than 5 so we swap: 2,4,3,1,5
    then compare 1 to 3, 1 is less than 3 so swap again: 2,4,1,3,5
    then 1 to 4, again, swap: 2,1,4,3,5
    then 1 to 2, swap: 1,2,4,3,5

see how 1 'bubbles' towards the left since it's smaller than all other elements?
    now 1 is confirmed as the smallest element in the sequence.

let's continue,
    compare 5 to 3, no swap: 1 --- 2,4,3,5
    3 to 4, swap: 1 --- 2,3,4,5
    3 to 2, no swap: 1 --- 2,3,4,5

now 2 is confirmed as smallest from what's left thus: 1,2 --- 3,4,5

continue until all elements are confirmed as ordered.

implementing it into the code, the outer loop for ($i ... ) handles the ordered vs unordered elements while the inner loop for ($j ... ) handles the actual comparison and swapping.
  2. chongkeat
    21-11-2008
    chongkeat
    Has anyone here ever used Warcraft 3's Worldeditor?

Yes, Warcraft 3 is old news, I get it, but a lot of the timeless gems (DOTA, anyone?) can be made with the powerful tools available in Worldeditor.

In fact, if you want to go beyond coding with the triggers editor, there is even a language for the game, called JASS, though I never bothered to learn that. JASS gives you even more control over the game.

I totally recommend Worldeditor for anyone who likes warcraft, from coding veterans (JASS), to complete newbies (the Trigger Editor is basically child's play).

So?

Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Xon
    19-12-2008
    Xon
    the biggest lesson i have ever learn so far is to always to use notepad for future programming.

Duh,one syntax error cause me to retype everything again? no way. XD

Okay,i am dealing with SQL now. =D
  2. luke
    24-11-2008
    luke
    Agreed with qedx. You know, it's hard to deny that the more a coder you become the weirder the way you approach everything else in life, like how you would try to explain completely non-technical things using a recursive method. Like how you would call punctuation errors in an essay as "syntax error". So things like that, that do not make sense if we are to ramble about them in the programming sub-forum for code-n00bs to crack their head trying to digest your encrypted rantings, can be discussed safely in this encapsulated sandbox. Surely one soul or two might deviate into this realm of ours, but we can safely throw exception at them like "d00d, wrong URL. Hit that backspace will ya?" ...
  3. qedx
    23-11-2008
    qedx
    Isn't this somewhat redundant though? I mean we do have the programming sub-forum already. I guess if we keep this group more social-ish rather than technical it'd make more sense.
  4. masterof_none
    19-11-2008
    masterof_none
    I think Xon might be interested. I remember he asked question on the Java.
  5. luke
    18-11-2008
    luke
    I've set up a forum for our social group at http://www.recom.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84 .. feel free to start a new discussion thread etc.

(btw, owners of any social group with 5 and more members can create such a forum themselves so this is not really me abusing the admin power )

btw2, does anyone know any other recomer to invite into this group? I prefer to have those with at least some coding experience, although it doesn't hurt to have absolute beginners too
  6. masterof_none
    18-11-2008
    masterof_none
    Actually, I think we can setup a discussion group based on:

1. language
    2. apps
    3. field of interest (AI? Compiler?)
    4. Random links

any other suggestions?
  7. chongkeat
    17-11-2008
    chongkeat
    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.write('Hello World');
    // Yeah, lame, i know.
    // Anyway, what is it that we do here (in this sg)?
    </script>
  8. luke
    15-11-2008
    luke
    window.onload = function() { alert('Hello world'); }
  9. masterof_none
    15-11-2008
    masterof_none
    hello, world