ReCom.org

ReCom.org (https://www.recom.org/forum/index.php)
-   JPA Scholars (https://www.recom.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Sharing of Experience Studying in Universities by JPA Scholars (https://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7716)

chenchow 15-11-2008 11:09 AM

Sharing of Experience Studying in Universities by JPA Scholars

This is the first thread for JPA Scholars, so this would be the area, where JPA Scholars would discuss on stuff related to the scholars.

On applying to JPA Scholarships, it would be at the main forum.

vseehua 28-11-2008 09:55 AM

Re: Sharing of Experience Studying in Universities by JPA Scholars

First things first: Weekends are boring in Germany...

Appolo 10-01-2009 10:10 PM

The first thing that students might be facing when they are studying overseas might probabaly be the decline in grades and not to mention the lack of interest in your courses. My school's academic office refers to this situation as a " Transfer Shock" whereby students are still struggling to adapt themselves to a new environment and new education system.So, getting ba grades the first semester can be quite common.Though, you need to stand up and perform better for the following semesters.

Another interesting point worth talking about is the abscene of control from authoritive figures such as your parents and the sponsor.In other words, you are free to do anything that pleases you under the condition that it doesn't harm yourself and your obligation to the government.

By the way, drinking age in the United States is 21.So for those who are just fanatic about wines, beers and vodkas, try and get sober if you can.

Mirianchoo 06-10-2010 10:03 PM

I am currently studying in IMU and what I have to say is that IMU rocks!

Where else can you get a 2-week long orientation for med students and a 6-week long IMU Cup (sports and games tournament) experience?

IMU also only has 2 hours of lecture a day! Tons of time to spend on self study and club activities instead of sleeping in lectures. :))

So, those of you JPA scholars bound to IMU, study hard (but play hard too) and safely get to IMU and join the fun!

Btw, those 3rd sem ALMers bound for IMU who are interested in scrabble can start practising. Who knows, you might be one of my teammates for scrabble in IMU Cup next year! :)

DCYL 29-04-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirianchoo (Post 344962)
I am currently studying in IMU and what I have to say is that IMU rocks!

Where else can you get a 2-week long orientation for med students and a 6-week long IMU Cup (sports and games tournament) experience?

IMU also only has 2 hours of lecture a day! Tons of time to spend on self study and club activities instead of sleeping in lectures. :))

So, those of you JPA scholars bound to IMU, study hard (but play hard too) and safely get to IMU and join the fun!

Btw, those 3rd sem ALMers bound for IMU who are interested in scrabble can start practising. Who knows, you might be one of my teammates for scrabble in IMU Cup next year! :)

hi! i'm interested in studying medicine at IMU. but i didnt know that JPA can fund studies at IMU...do you think i can apply for JPA scholarship by using my STPM results to fund my studies at IMU? coz the last time i called they said IMU is not one of the unis they fund...:cry