ReCom.org

ReCom.org (https://www.recom.org/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Today (https://www.recom.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Rosmah Butting in at Chong Wei's Wedding Reception? (https://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15766)

Nicholas92 11-11-2012 06:44 AM

Rosmah Butting in at Chong Wei's Wedding Reception?

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 348So...been seeing this go around Facebook.

Pictures show Rosmah at what appears to be Lee Chong Wei's wedding reception - she's sitting right between Chong Wei and Mew Choo, and people are criticising her for wanting the limelight so much that she'd come between the couple and take centre stage.

Thoughts? I'm obviously no big fan of Rosmah's, but even then, this strikes me as a very weird way to seek attention. I mean, she would have been just as prominent sitting right beside them, or something. So is this really her doing?

I know lots of us are really inclined to peg her as an inconsiderate attention-seeking woman (and to some degree I consider her as such) but I still have a hard time believing that this is only that. Are missing something here? Could it just have been an unfortunate logistics thing? Was she maybe just sitting there for a short while rather than through the whole thing?

Not having watched any video of it, I can't really judge for sure.

Ideas, anyone?

plawks 11-11-2012 07:32 AM

Re: Rosmah Butting in at Chong Wei's Wedding Reception?

imo the seating is arranged according to the order of precedence and has nothing to do with Rosmah seeking attention.

poor thing misunderstood lolol :nuts

Nicholas92 11-11-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plawks (Post 399728)
imo the seating is arranged according to the order of precedence and has nothing to do with Rosmah seeking attention.

poor thing misunderstood lolol :nuts

So what determines the precedence? If I'm looking at the picture correctly then it seems Chong Wei and Mew Choo are slightly ahead of Rosmah, so I guess that means they come first. But even then, is it likely that Rosmah would've been put smack in the middle, with such a big gap between the two of them?

I also think that there's a bit of a misunderstanding going on here, but I can't entirely find a very good reason as to why.

plawks 11-11-2012 08:13 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysi..._of_precedence

I was talking about the order of precedence issued by the Prime Minister's Dept. Rosmah has the highest rank in the whole event so she's in the middle.

Maybe it's because they are the newlyweds so they have cooler chairs. :P

The big gap because Rosmah needs the space. (heheh)

Nicholas92 12-11-2012 12:57 AM

Oh I see what you're getting at already. But eh isn't the wedding reception essentially a private rather than public event? I mean yeah they invited VIPs and all, but does that mean precedence really needs to be followed? I'd be quite sad if I organised like a private party, invited some bigshots and was forced to have them sit in front...lol

Either way I think Rosmah ought to get on the Internet more...I'd be a lot more self-conscious after taking brickbats over all sorts of crap like honorary doctorates and the like.

vseehua 12-11-2012 04:26 PM

Regardless of order of precedence, I find that it is extremely inappropriate to sit in between the couple during a wedding. If anything, the couple should be sitting together rather than having someone else sitting in between them.

alic3-1derland 13-11-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vseehua (Post 399737)
Regardless of order of precedence, I find that it is extremely inappropriate to sit in between the couple during a wedding. If anything, the couple should be sitting together rather than having someone else sitting in between them.

Strongly agreed. What more, I believe the photo taken should be a family + relatives photo, and very inappropriate to have Rosmah joining in, worse still, in the middle. :notrust

day_dreamer 14-11-2012 06:53 PM

Apparently some people don't understand Chinese customs and tradition but instead got blinded by chasing her inglorious glory.

But then again they are both badminton players. Maybe Rosmah is the badminton net in the middle? Symbolically? Well if you look it from the bright side? HAHA

Nicholas92 15-11-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alic3-1derland (Post 399748)
Strongly agreed. What more, I believe the photo taken should be a family + relatives photo, and very inappropriate to have Rosmah joining in, worse still, in the middle. :notrust

Is this the photo you're talking about?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...80868171_n.jpg

Somehow it looks a little bit fishy to me, almost like it's photoshopped. Everyone looks *exactly* the same.

But if it's real, then it's SUCH a thick-skinned thing to do.

wieya 15-11-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by day_dreamer (Post 399760)
Apparently some people don't understand Chinese customs and tradition but instead got blinded by chasing her inglorious glory.

But then again they are both badminton players. Maybe Rosmah is the badminton net in the middle? Symbolically? Well if you look it from the bright side? HAHA

in malay custom as well, no one should be in between the bride and groom especially in taking pictures. its like so inappropriate. the best example is when they cut the cakes, makan beradab and bersanding!