ReCom.org

ReCom.org (https://www.recom.org/forum/index.php)
-   Kedahans Unite (https://www.recom.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Hanging out in Sungai Petani (https://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11125)

Fire_Spectar 16-06-2010 11:04 AM

Hanging out in Sungai Petani

For the more modern hangout spots; Central Square, Village Mall (eventhough it is technically not SP but oh well...), Tesco SP Selatan.... where else??

Touring the streets of Sg Petani will deem more appealing to travellers. Old shops like bakeries, jewellers, motels, food stalls, restaurants and sports equipment keeps their authentic looks all year around. (Not to mention cheaper price~!!!)

I could find my way around Sungai Petani like the back of my hand!!

Anyone would like to share any specific places to note in Sungai Petani?

vampiric_guy_01 28-06-2010 07:37 AM

Re: Hanging out in Sungai Petani

i stayed in SP ... i don't seem many places to hang out in SP ...except the 3 mentioned .. another places is giant lo...... some prefer to hang out at summer cafe .

Fire_Spectar 20-07-2010 09:16 PM

and there is a beach Pantai Merdeka... though I get there by renting a boat from Tanjung Dawai.
I usually hangout at the fishing village at the end of Tanjung Dawai, since it's practically quiet and they have cheap food~! Not to mention the sea breeze (ok, some may not like the occasional weird odor that comes out of no where).

Recreational rivers located at almost invisible entrances really got me fed up looking for it before... Who doesn't? You drive carefully for almost half an hour when people said it should take about half that time, and found out you missed the path because the signboard said 'LOJI' instead of 'RIVER'.....

Ok, it seems I'm the only one rambling on about the best place to be.... -_-"

qura 23-07-2010 09:09 PM

im from sp,born in sp wahaha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire_Spectar (Post 331724)
For the more modern hangout spots; Central Square, Village Mall (eventhough it is technically not SP but oh well...), Tesco SP Selatan.... where else??

Touring the streets of Sg Petani will deem more appealing to travellers. Old shops like bakeries, jewellers, motels, food stalls, restaurants and sports equipment keeps their authentic looks all year around. (Not to mention cheaper price~!!!)

I could find my way around Sungai Petani like the back of my hand!!

Anyone would like to share any specific places to note in Sungai Petani?

hehe :D i usually shopping sakan at cs aka central square,during raya normally
tis raya i want to buy that crocodile sandal,arr~ *dream of*

pantai merdeka chalet! i've been there
enjoyed swimming pool only bcz the beach was dirttyy~
omg! haha :p

qura 15-08-2010 05:58 PM

my hause,haha! :D

vampiric_guy_01 18-03-2011 11:13 AM

recently kinda run out of idea where to hang out when i come back for holidays ... in SP i mean.... any idea? new cafe?? or new cool places???

Fire_Spectar 09-06-2011 10:56 PM

Lagenda Heights area:
Hotmas Restaurant
serves western and malay food at affordable prices
opens from 4.30pm to 12 midnight Thursday to Tuesday (Wednesdays closed)

For the night bugs, there's a burger stall that opens in front of the big Fairy bakery outside Tesco Merbok.
I don't know if it has a name but the burgers they sell are insanely good and at a very reasonable price!! Oh they even sell drinks.
It even has Wifi installed, think of it as a mini cafe...
Not sure what time it opens though, only been there around 8.30pm and it's open... but one thing for sure is they officially open after 7.45pm or so...