ReCom.org

ReCom.org (https://www.recom.org/forum/index.php)
-   ReCom Sports Bar (https://www.recom.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Anybody go ice skating here? (https://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9548)

Xero 10-11-2009 12:43 PM

Anybody go ice skating here?

Hey guys, I just started ice skating at pyramid. Mostly cuz I'm practising to skate so that I can play ice hockey later. Still very new. But right now I'm in need of an ice skating partner because my friends quite hard to get them out to ice skate. And if anybody can share their knowledge with me or whoever kind enough to teach also can. Thanks! appreciate anybody who can help out :D

yanno_yamster 12-11-2009 08:09 PM

Re: Anybody go ice skating here?

I do go ice skating at pyramid occasionally. But I'm a beginner too; just skated twice. I'm getting the hang of it though I still need to work on my balance...

For balance, place your feet in v-like shape and bend your knee when you want to slow down (but I guess you know these VERY basic things already, haha).

Xero 13-11-2009 03:53 PM

My problem is braking now actually. I can skate fast now but still dunno how to brake. I think once I learn how to break, the rest would be easier to learn. When are you going to skate again?

yanno_yamster 13-11-2009 10:20 PM

Just skated today, haha. The next time will probably be next year cos I'll be going back to my hometown during the holidays.

zane 13-11-2009 10:35 PM

I just know how to slow down, but not to break instantly...Ask from pros maybe? haha...

Restl3ss 29-12-2009 12:07 PM

I think when you need to brake, you need to scrape your skating shoes onto the floor either to your right or to your left.
And if you want to skate backwards, you can open and close your skating shoes, it will go backwards naturally. :)

However, I'm not any skating pro.:P Braking is hard enough for me.

nickvl 29-12-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restl3ss (Post 291334)
I think when you need to brake, you need to scrape your skating shoes onto the floor either to your right or to your left.
And if you want to skate backwards, you can open and close your skating shoes, it will go backwards naturally. :)

However, I'm not any skating pro.:P Braking is hard enough for me.

well, you sound like a pro....

*from someone who has never gone ice-skating....sigh...

chocomaniac 29-12-2009 07:36 PM

well, personally i am not a professional skater myself. Guess we all share the same prob : breaking

I remembered the first time I tried to skate was after I watchd disney movie "Ice Princess"...Haiz...How I admired pretty girls skating gracefully in their swim suit...

Restl3ss 29-12-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickvl (Post 291344)

Haha! :laugh I've went ice skating for three times only, and I'm definitely not a pro.
For ice skating, it's not a very pleasant experience for the first timers cause you tend to feel like you're about to fall down. Some of my friends gave up just after their first round because they where scared. Thus in my opinion, if you really want to skate, you need to have the courage to try and be prepared to have bruises everywhere! Especially around the bottom part... :P

Keiko123 29-12-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickvl (Post 291344)

:hi5
yo! Next time we go together kay... :cool
Actually I also don't know how to skate... :sweat
Just remember don't "stick" to the wall, like what I saw many people did last time. :amuse