ReCom.org

ReCom.org (https://www.recom.org/forum/index.php)
-   Window to the World (https://www.recom.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Drugs & Smuggling (https://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12747)

ayja 27-04-2011 09:34 AM

Drugs & Smuggling

Of late there have been a lot of news on drugs and smuggling, usually including women duped by their partners in the name of love to 'help carry a package' across international borders. On the other hand some knowingly do it for money.

In the case of people being duped:
What's most important is to forewarn others to always check what you're carrying, especially when travelling abroad and even more so when what you're carrying wasn't packed by you (which you shouldn't be carrying in the first place!).

Here are some articles of Malaysians in the news for drug smuggling.

The Star, 25 April 2011 - Iban girl is latest M?sian drug mule nabbed in China

NZ Herald, 27 April 2011 - Ten couriers in record $10m P bust

There's only one word to describe the latest incident, of the 10 Malaysians busted in Auckland Intl Airport - stupid.

Please don't be so dumb as to smuggle drugs no matter how hard pressed you are for cash. You destroy other people's lives, their families - and most importantly you did it knowing full well you are going against the law. Where's your moral conscience?

iKoMetaga 27-04-2011 11:25 AM

Re: Drugs & Smuggling

Yeah, and if people come asking you to carry their stuff in your luggage with the excuse that they are overweight, just kindly refuse. You could very well be spending your entire life in jail from that one kind action. Sounds like common cents, but it still happens. But I think my mum is a little too paranoid. She makes me tie my luggage zipper to zipper so that no one can sneak anything inside =___=

Solenoid 27-04-2011 12:12 PM

I never get it. Whats so attractive about African man? I bet I am better looking than any one of them anyways =.=

clarrie93 27-04-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solenoid (Post 359558)
I never get it. Whats so attractive about African man? I bet I am better looking than any one of them anyways =.=

I need a 'like' button now..:P
Maybe they were being sweet-talk by the foreigner..
All this just goes to show that you need to be careful and have enough knowledge to know when you are being used.

ayja 27-04-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iKoMetaga (Post 359548)
Yeah, and if people come asking you to carry their stuff in your luggage with the excuse that they are overweight, just kindly refuse. You could very well be spending your entire life in jail from that one kind action. Sounds like common cents, but it still happens. But I think my mum is a little too paranoid. She makes me tie my luggage zipper to zipper so that no one can sneak anything inside =___=

It's not being paranoid, it's being a seasoned traveller. Always be cautious, being a little paranoid is better than being taken advantage of.

Quote:

Haha I bet you are. But they can sweet talk women, and I guess when you're smitten (and desperate!) you'd do anything!

Laavania 27-04-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

I don't think making a person smuggle drug has to do with attractiveness.Besides why do you have to risk yourself by adding unknown people as friends in facebook.I am not saying we can't add but why should we add.If you are a girl especially,there will always be a fear to chat with strangers and what more to read all the sweet words he used on you.Even after government emphasize on the harms can be made by all this social networks,people are still not aware of it.

ayja 13-05-2011 08:18 PM

Look, Malaysians at it again *sighs*

Two M'sians with heroin in bikes arrested at S'pore checkpoint

Malaysian duo in Aussie drug bust

FoxyWoxy25 15-05-2011 02:41 AM

http://library.thinkquest.org/08aug/...ad-Posters.jpg

leeashroe 15-05-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iKoMetaga (Post 359548)

I do that. I'm paranoid and I take it as a precaution step as well. Hahah better do all we can to prevent bad things from happening. Besides, if my luggage is sealed (?) from zipper to zipper, no one can sneak anything out of my luggage, tho I doubt I have anything anyone would wanna steal hehehe.

As for African men being attractive, isn't there something like "Tall, dark and handsome" to describe very attractive men? In general, an African fits all three characteristics, if your definition of handsome is tall and dark.

Dominic 15-05-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeashroe (Post 371219)

As for African men being attractive, isn't there something like "Tall, dark and handsome" to describe very attractive men? In general, an African fits all three characteristics, if your definition of handsome is tall and dark.

I live in an apartment building where half the occupants are African men. Although I do not deny that they are tall and dark, very few are handsome. Most of them look intimidating, very few appear friendly in public (yes, they do, and I'm not being prejudiced here).