ReCom.org

ReCom.org (https://www.recom.org/forum/index.php)
-   Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships (https://www.recom.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   a level's subjects for jpa scholars, hows to choose (https://www.recom.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5216)

aioxen 26-05-2007 12:45 PM

a level's subjects for jpa scholars, hows to choose

ok.....straight to the point

to further my study 4 pharmacy in uk, whats subjects do i have to choose 4 a level?i dont think jpa already choose 4 us(correct me if im wrong)

Miracle_seed 28-05-2007 11:59 AM

Re: a level's subjects for jpa scholars, hows to choose

Quote:

Originally Posted by aioxen
ok.....straight to the point

to further my study 4 pharmacy in uk, whats subjects do i have to choose 4 a level?i dont think jpa already choose 4 us(correct me if im wrong)

You don't have to choose, JPA will choose for you.

capablanca 28-05-2007 01:00 PM

Perhaps you can ask them if you want to increase the number of subjects you are taking.

minaHarker 28-05-2007 05:02 PM

if jpa doesn't choose 4 u, i think it'll be chemistry, maths n biology.. but i heard u have to take at least 4 subjects, is it true? n btw, which a-level r we taking? one told me it's edexcel but i need some more ppl 2 confirm that.. esp intec students cz i'm going there 2 study a-level..

ken89 28-05-2007 06:59 PM

What subjects do we have to take during A levels for a medic student?

capablanca 28-05-2007 07:25 PM

The university does not requires you to take four subjects, only three. But the fourth is for insurance because they most likely will pick the best three marks. For INTEC, UCSI and HELP, their board is edexcel while the rest is CIE.

syamil_1 02-06-2007 02:57 PM

maximum subjects we can take is 5 is it?

If i'm taking Chem, Physic, Math, Further Math, can I take Economics?

Is Biology essential for a Geologist?

mumeichan 02-06-2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syamil_1
maximum subjects we can take is 5 is it?

If i'm taking Chem, Physic, Math, Further Math, can I take Economics?

Is Biology essential for a Geologist?

You can take any combo that you like if it is Cambridge A-Levels. In England, there are quite a number who take 6 subject. I have not heard of more. But only a few get 6As.

Vint 02-06-2007 03:50 PM

wats the point of taking so many subjects??is it they will choose the best 3 grades from ur overall sub??

mumeichan 02-06-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vint
wats the point of taking so many subjects??is it they will choose the best 3 grades from ur overall sub??

A-Level does not use the GGPA system. The just count the As like SPM. So just like SPM now, since so many people get 10As, so many people get 3As and 4As for A-levels. So there will be those who want to do better.