View Single Post
kinon Male
Super Junior Member

#80 Old 30-01-2011 Default Re: Studying A Foreign Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaze View Post
I'm studying Japanese, and I'd like to share about learning Japanese. When you read Japanese, do you only read romaji? I would say that it's much easier if you learn hiragana and katakana first. By doing this, you'll become more familiar with the sound system. Besides, it'll be easier to understand how particles (no, wa, ga, ni, etc) work in constructing sentences. Romaji does not represent these well, and they are not really standardized, so sometimes you'll be confused by romaji.

If you already learned hiragana and katakana, then you're on the right track. If you're interested on how to read Japanese, learning kanji along the way is pretty fun too. You don't have to know all kanji characters, just pick up the most commonly used kanji will be good enough for a starter.

After that, learn particles first. They are really important. Only when you understand how to use these particles that you'll be able to make sentences. Of course, you'd have to learn a set of vocabulary too
After that, study different sentence structure, how to say the same thing in different ways.

I'd say that learning a language requires a person to listen and speak. Try to repeat what you heard, make your own sentences and say them, and make simple conversations with others.

I hope this answered your question a bit.
Thanks kaze you help me greatly . I didn't learn the details on japanese language rather i learn the vocabulary that is use in modern day interaction. For example, school = gakko and some sentences, But nevertheless, it widens my perspective on nihongo so thank you.

Now the only problem (well for now) is how long will it take till a person can write and say those sentences from a beginner's point. 3 months? 3 weeks? 3 years? >.<

Page generated in 0.07688 seconds with 13 queries