Thread: Bond to JPA
View Single Post
ianbyc Male
Super Junior Member

#25 Old 18-02-2009 Default Re: Bond to JPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajan View Post
well i think since u wanted the scholarship in the 1st place. U shld serve the bond. I mean if u want question tht it is not so comfortable to work in malaysia ...working condition not condusive ....pay not much ....etc. Then u Should not have applied and accepted the scholarship in the 1st place. JPA is goverment agency , they offered the scholarship coz they wanted the best minds under them. Plus , JPA scholarship is first and foremost a financial aid. It is not a reward to the best student in the country. It is part of the affirmative action for those needy and poor people to climb up the economic ranks. The point is the scholarship is a privililage and not ur right. BUT i understand if u like to serve a few years overseas ....before coming back. Tht way , u can earn much sort after working experiance. I feel tht JPA scholars shld work in workplace of their choice for the first 7 years to gain experiance. then they can intiate reforms and be more productive when they start to serve the government.
Well imho the question of SHOULD does not come into view.. it is the matter of MUST. I mean, nothing comes free on this world. You get scholarship, you serve government. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Plus I personally don't find the whining about poor working condition and low pay discouraging. From medicine point of view, those working in government hospitals might be working their a** off but they get a fair compensation for the work. H.O. (housemanship) averages around 4k already, that's right after graduation. You might argue its the highest among fresh graduates but take into factor the workload, senior abuse, rude patients, stress and such, its fair. Plus serving the public's interest should be what JPA scholars instill in themselves. Personally I find the prospect of being in the forefront of doing good and serving others exciting.

Visit my personal blog at www.ianbong.net
ianbyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05873 seconds with 13 queries