View Single Post
joan2468 Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#10 Old 12-12-2012 Default Re: Advice Regarding Number of A Level Subjects

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymekimmy View Post
OHH, so GP is different from MQA. I see. So you can choose to do MQA at the semester you want, and once its done you don't have to study it anymore?

How is MCKL? The lecturers and students there? Since Edexcel is using a modular system, do you think it would be hard to adjust back to an examination system during your degree years? That is one of my concerns. But grade-wise, there is absolutely no discrimination against Execel when it comes to getting accepted into uni right? (because people say it is easier to score with Edexcel)

I think I could try out with Psychology first, and if I can't manage then I'll drop it? But then, I have to pay the fees for that subject, don't I? So if I drop it then its like a waste of money. D:
Your MQA subjects will be Malaysian Studies and Islamic/Moral studies. In MCKL the college decides which one you do in which semester...in my case I had to do Malaysian Studies and Islamic Studies in the same semester, because I think they didn't have a lecturer ready for the latter in my first semester. I'm in January intake, and usually students do Moral studies in their first sem, then Malaysian Studies in their second. July intake students do Malaysian Studies first, then Moral Studies. Unless you have to retake (which you only have to do if you don't pass), once you get your MQA exams done you don't have to worry about it anymore.

I quite like MCKL, but you'll probably get mixed responses from some people...the campus is very conducive and we have the benefits of being in close proximity to public transport (buses, MRT, LRT) so you can just go out if you're bored. The lecturers are all generally nice people, you rarely get the nasty types here. And actually I think the modular system is more similar to how it's like in university, you don't only have end-of-year tests when you're in uni...

If you ask me the Edexcel style is more for fast learners. You need to be able pick up on things fast and then study intensely for the exam that you'll be facing in that semester itself. You'll probably have more breathing room if you did Cambridge A-levels. Which one is easier really depends on the student...

Page generated in 0.05923 seconds with 13 queries