ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate

Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

Canadian Pre-University Programme ( CPU )

Trixie Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 30-05-2012 Default Canadian Pre-University Programme ( CPU )

Hi guys! I'm going to Taylor's Subang Jaya for CPU this July. I need more info about the course so I really hope that all CPU seniors can leave your comments. Yea I got the scholarship from Petronas to take the course and it leads to 4 years of degree in geology in Canada. To be honest I'm quite worried about the assessment-based course. ( Well I'm a lazy student who loves burning the midnight oil just before the exam ) I do enjoy presentation and extra-curricular activities but I will need to know more about how are they conducted in CPU. For your information i'll need to score 85/100 to maintain the scholarship. Generally is it hard?

Thank youuuu...!!!
Trixie is offline   Reply With Quote
frostbyte13 Male
Slightly Senior Member

#2 Old 30-05-2012 Default Re: Canadian Pre-University Programme ( CPU )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
Hi guys! I'm going to Taylor's Subang Jaya for CPU this July. I need more info about the course so I really hope that all CPU seniors can leave your comments. Yea I got the scholarship from Petronas to take the course and it leads to 4 years of degree in geology in Canada. To be honest I'm quite worried about the assessment-based course. ( Well I'm a lazy student who loves burning the midnight oil just before the exam ) I do enjoy presentation and extra-curricular activities but I will need to know more about how are they conducted in CPU. For your information i'll need to score 85/100 to maintain the scholarship. Generally is it hard?

Thank youuuu...!!!
First off congratulations on your scholarship award However, sorry. I'm neither in Taylor's nor am I a senior who took CPU program. I was briefed about the course during my attendance on their Open Day though. All I've heard of CPU is that the course is conducted in a very proactive manner. You will be utilizing outside-academics/syllabus sources of information often and involves lots of assignments where you need to get in the field rather than just plain research and paperwork. Heard from the lecturer too there will be lots of outside classroom learning? Not sure to what extent is that true though. And yeah, you will be rushing alot with coursework and exams to prepare for. The 1 year time period doesn't make it any easier for you guys either. However, it'll probably mould you into a more wholesome person overall. You'll have to effectively balance your timetable effectively if you wanna make time for a social life, an academic life and an extracurricular life. All the best to you and hopefully some helpful seniors will help you soon.

Psalms 126 : 5
"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."

Interested in finding me? Add me up facebook
frostbyte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to frostbyte13 For This Useful Post: