ReCom.org
Malaysia Today Discussion about issues related to Malaysian politics and economy.

General Elections 2004

chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#1 Old 03-03-2004 Default General Elections 2004

With Election Fever coming, to further organize the forum. All discussions on General Elections will fall on this thread.

No abuses, cursing etc is allowed. Please respect the feelings of other ReCom members. This does not mean that you cannot put forward your opinions, but please share your opinions in a good manner.

Looking forward to read all the comments/opinions/discussions ahead!
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#2 Old 03-03-2004 Default General Elections 2004

With Election Fever coming, to further organize the forum. All discussions on General Elections will fall on this thread.

No abuses, cursing etc is allowed. Please respect the feelings of other ReCom members. This does not mean that you cannot put forward your opinions, but please share your opinions in a good manner.

Looking forward to read all the comments/opinions/discussions ahead!
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
topdog

#3 Old 03-03-2004 Default

yay, elections! are they going to release anwar and guan eng?
topdog is offline   Reply With Quote
topdog

#4 Old 03-03-2004 Default

yay, elections! are they going to release anwar and guan eng?
topdog is offline   Reply With Quote

#5 Old 03-03-2004 Default

Pak Lah will be pretty silly to release Anwar. After all, he needs a comfortable victory to maintain power in UMNO.

On some other note, I would really like to see money-politics be made more transparent. There's a lot of money invovled in the Malaysian elections, but no details as to where the money came from. While some might like money-politics be banned/made illegal, I would argue that banning individuals to give money to candidates whose ideals they support results in curbing freedom.
Because if it is my money, why shouldn't I have the right to express my views by supporting a candidate whose platform makes the most sense to me?

#6 Old 03-03-2004 Default

Pak Lah will be pretty silly to release Anwar. After all, he needs a comfortable victory to maintain power in UMNO.

On some other note, I would really like to see money-politics be made more transparent. There's a lot of money invovled in the Malaysian elections, but no details as to where the money came from. While some might like money-politics be banned/made illegal, I would argue that banning individuals to give money to candidates whose ideals they support results in curbing freedom.
Because if it is my money, why shouldn't I have the right to express my views by supporting a candidate whose platform makes the most sense to me?
__earth Male

#7 Old 03-03-2004 Default

I expect BN to gain a lot of footing this time. However, I do want to see Keadilan, not BA, breaks the barrier and make a name for itself.
We need a strong opposition and as I see it, only Keadilan, and to some extend DAP, make the best opposition front.

I would like to see PAS lose Terengganu but not by a whole lot. A 50-50 distribution would be good enough. For Kelantan its tough but I hope BN get some seats.

For all others states especially johor. no need to say la.
__earth Male

#8 Old 03-03-2004 Default

I expect BN to gain a lot of footing this time. However, I do want to see Keadilan, not BA, breaks the barrier and make a name for itself.
We need a strong opposition and as I see it, only Keadilan, and to some extend DAP, make the best opposition front.

I would like to see PAS lose Terengganu but not by a whole lot. A 50-50 distribution would be good enough. For Kelantan its tough but I hope BN get some seats.

For all others states especially johor. no need to say la.
Diesel

#9 Old 03-03-2004 Default

Since BN govt. has some kind of totalitarian policy, I would be surprised if they dont win 100%.
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Diesel

#10 Old 03-03-2004 Default

Since BN govt. has some kind of totalitarian policy, I would be surprised if they dont win 100%.
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote