ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Biasiswa Yayasan Sarawak

hamburger
Less Junior Member

#1 Old 17-04-2007 Default Biasiswa Yayasan Sarawak

erm...anyone here from sarawak knows that the yayasan award (RM500) is only given to the straight As student or...? TT-TT i am not straight As student la.........
can anyone help?
hamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
purpleshimmers
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 17-04-2007 Default

SPM Yayasan Award?

I'm not that sure on how it's awarded. But, my teachers said that only straight A's students will be awarded. But then again, I have a friend who got a B3 and another with a B4 who got the award. And some straight A's students didn't get it.

So, I'm not too sure of how students are being awarded.
purpleshimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Tasslehoff

#3 Old 17-04-2007 Default

then you wont get it..

your topic is wrong.. its not a "biasiswa" its just an award.

and about helping, maybe appealing for your results might help.. otherwise you wont get it. its only for straight A scorers.
Tasslehoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Tasslehoff

#4 Old 17-04-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleshimmers
SPM Yayasan Award?

I'm not that sure on how it's awarded. But, my teachers said that only straight A's students will be awarded. But then again, I have a friend who got a B3 and another with a B4 who got the award. And some straight A's students didn't get it.

So, I'm not too sure of how students are being awarded.
its done by the school. they send in a profile for you. then the awards department will determine who gets it...

about your friends who were straight a scorers, perhaps they did not opt to do form 6, and also, your school did not apply for the award for them. I did not enter form 6 but I asked my principal to apply on my behalf.
Tasslehoff is offline   Reply With Quote
rulb
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 17-04-2007 Default

hmmm...funny because most people in my school got it.I think non straight As included. Don't worry too much. The money will come to you if you're meant to get it. ;p They usually give to straight A students(almost certainly). I don't think you have to apply because we sure DIDN'T apply. Suddenly, durian runtuh one day when someone called us to attend the ceremony. They have it every year. If you're lucky, a mistake could make you get the money twice so RM1000
rulb is offline   Reply With Quote
wandkey
Super Junior Member

#6 Old 18-04-2007 Default

I think you guys mean the "reward" for getting good results in SPM right? The RM500? Well, it seems like as long as you get 9As and above in SPM, no matter whether it's A1 or A2, you're eligible for it. And there's apparently no need to apply, not that i'm aware of. I got it two years ago and don't remember having to apply, they just told us to go for the ceremony to receive it, that's all.
wandkey is offline   Reply With Quote
JetLee0510

#7 Old 18-04-2007 Default

so is it tis type of award only available for Sarawakian ? Wat bout other states? Is there any same sort of yayasan ...?
JetLee0510 is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#8 Old 18-04-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandkey
I think you guys mean the "reward" for getting good results in SPM right? The RM500? Well, it seems like as long as you get 9As and above in SPM, no matter whether it's A1 or A2, you're eligible for it. And there's apparently no need to apply, not that i'm aware of. I got it two years ago and don't remember having to apply, they just told us to go for the ceremony to receive it, that's all.
The school will do all the paper work for you guys, you will be informed if you are selected.

And someone change the title of this thread pls, it's not the yayasan sarawak scholarship, it's the reward for excellent students given out by yayasan sarawak.

And JetLee, yes, it's only available for Sarakians...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
JetLee0510

#9 Old 18-04-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandkey
The school will do all the paper work for you guys, you will be informed if you are selected.

And someone change the title of this thread pls, it's not the yayasan sarawak scholarship, it's the reward for excellent students given out by yayasan sarawak.

And JetLee, yes, it's only available for Sarakians...
oh I see ...for sarawakian noly... thn I wish u all good Luck ~
JetLee0510 is offline   Reply With Quote
DarlingAngel
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 18-04-2007 Default

Our profiles have to be sent in?What if our principal doesn't know about that?No money is it?
DarlingAngel is offline   Reply With Quote