ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Window to the World

Window to the World Discussions of global issues and latest news.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia's Cycling City?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
senksiang90 Male
Senior Member
 
senksiang90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,010
  #11 Old 19-06-2008 Default

Kuching is a nice place to cycle. But KL?? Nah... I don't think it is possible. KL life is always very hectic and it is all about money money money all the time. No time to lose by cycling.-why not the ministers themselves cycle first instead of sitting in their cars then I can consider cycling as well-
__________________
F.Y.I. I like to eat apples and bananas
senksiang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
alepbing
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 411
  #12 Old 19-06-2008 Default

senskiang, gahaha. they live in damansara area there, and work at putrajay. if drive, i bet all our minister will look so fit and 'hot' and atthletic gahaha
__________________
it's not porn, it's a blog.
alepbing is offline   Reply With Quote
senksiang90 Male
Senior Member
 
senksiang90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,010
  #13 Old 19-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alepbing View Post
senskiang, gahaha. they live in damansara area there, and work at putrajay. if drive, i bet all our minister will look so fit and 'hot' and atthletic gahaha
tatsz good. Look at badawi himself. Does he need to cycle or exercise more? Anyway, we better not discuss this here.. later our membership got deleted. Nowadays i feel scared to simply post around. haha!! anyway, if u KLnians think that cycling is good. go ahead and try it. no one stopping.. but i don't think the air is not fresh enuff. that's all. haha!
__________________
F.Y.I. I like to eat apples and bananas

Last edited by senksiang90; 19-06-2008 at 08:03 PM.
senksiang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
tanyijing2007 Male
Member
 
tanyijing2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 353
  #14 Old 19-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post
if u KLnians think that cycling is good. go ahead and try it. no one stopping.. but i don't think the air is fresh enuff.
You are stopped by a traffic cop for causing a teribble traffic congestion in Kuala Lumpur city centere for having your bike moving in the middle of the road at a speed of 5 km / hour.
tanyijing2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
senksiang90 Male
Senior Member
 
senksiang90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,010
  #15 Old 19-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyijing2007 View Post
You are stopped by a traffic cop for causing a teribble traffic congestion in Kuala Lumpur city centere for having your bike moving in the middle of the road at a speed of 5 km / hour.
dont even have license for riding the bicycle.
__________________
F.Y.I. I like to eat apples and bananas
senksiang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
alepbing
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 411
  #16 Old 19-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post
tatsz good. Look at badawi himself. Does he need to cycle or exercise more? Anyway, we better not discuss this here.. later our membership got deleted. Nowadays i feel scared to simply post around. haha!! anyway, if u KLnians think that cycling is good. go ahead and try it. no one stopping.. but i don't think the air is not fresh enuff. that's all. haha!
gahaha. you want KLites to ride bicycles? zomg. then you will see there will be a lot of cyclist death cases... look at malaysian drivers, nak mati if we ride bike XDXD
__________________
it's not porn, it's a blog.
alepbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Vaan Male
Member
 
Vaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 320
  #17 Old 19-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua View Post
There are enough public transportation that comes from outside of KL into it. The people don't necessarily have to drive all the way there. Just park at one of the LRT/KTM stations and take it there.

People should start to learn that cars are not a neccessity at all, but a priviledge. It's time to encourage a better and healthier Malaysia where people use more healthy ways to move themselves rather than getting more and more jammed on the streets.

That being said, i agree with trojan. There should be proactiveness among the government and also the private sector to plant more trees and build more shades for people to ride their bikes in. This will create a cooler climate which is more suitable for a cycling culture
But not every place have access to public transportation. For example, I don't see any LRT stations in Cheras, the area near Taman Connanght (something like that). Plus, not all public transportation is safe to use.

Lots of crime happened in LRT stations. Thinking of taking the bus, think twice as some of those bus company service is poor.

I think people should be encouraged to use public transport when the government actually do something to upgrade, improve and make the transport a safer means of travelling. But to think of the government doing something to improve the public transportation is a false hope and it will never be accomplished.
__________________
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Vaan is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator
 
vseehua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,883
  #18 Old 19-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post
tatsz good. Look at badawi himself. Does he need to cycle or exercise more? Anyway, we better not discuss this here.. later our membership got deleted. Nowadays i feel scared to simply post around. haha!! anyway, if u KLnians think that cycling is good. go ahead and try it. no one stopping.. but i don't think the air is not fresh enuff. that's all. haha!
Just how, by discussing this issue, will get you banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alepbing View Post
hehe. dont forget, there are people living in the middle of the city centre too.
Well, there should be ways to limit the amount of cars in the city centre as well...

the first step will be to encourage the people to actually use the public transportation system by beefing them up...
__________________
"Never argue with an idiot (or a troll)… they’ll just drag you down to their level and beat you to a pulp with their experience." -Internet 1:1

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
senksiang90 Male
Senior Member
 
senksiang90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,010
  #19 Old 20-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alepbing View Post
gahaha. you want KLites to ride bicycles? zomg. then you will see there will be a lot of cyclist death cases... look at malaysian drivers, nak mati if we ride bike XDXD
Haha.. I will be staying in Casa Subang next week and when i told my mum about getting a bike she was like saying "no!' immediately. KL.. been there a few times only.. this time i will be staying there.. I was thinking if it is advisable to get a bike to cycle from Casa Subang to Taylor college every morning instead of taking the bus. LOL.
__________________
F.Y.I. I like to eat apples and bananas
senksiang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Vaan Male
Member
 
Vaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 320
  #20 Old 20-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post
Haha.. I will be staying in Casa Subang next week and when i told my mum about getting a bike she was like saying "no!' immediately. KL.. been there a few times only.. this time i will be staying there.. I was thinking if it is advisable to get a bike to cycle from Casa Subang to Taylor college every morning instead of taking the bus. LOL.
Careful mate, lots of crime happens around parts of KL. If you are riding a bicycle, it makes robbing you even easier.
__________________
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Vaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cycling, kl, kuala lumpur, transportation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kuala Lumpur = tourist hot spot iQing Malaysia Today 14 03-01-2011 04:33 PM
Studying in Kuala Lumpur (Courses and Visas) huckool Education 2 12-09-2006 12:43 AM
How Many districts are there in W.P Kuala Lumpur? Thirdshifter Malaysia Today 7 24-07-2005 03:08 AM
Kuala Lumpur - 24-Hour City Concept chenchow Malaysia Today 19 23-06-2004 07:39 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.10306 seconds with 15 queries