ReCom.org
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

JPA: Cempaka International School

g1noah
Less Junior Member

#1 Old 31-05-2009 Default JPA: Cempaka International School

Hi all. Finally the JPA letters are out, n you guys received your letter from Poslaju delivery man feeling excited (and at the same time a little bit nervous), only to open the letter to find out that you are being sent to a college with a name you haven't heard of, that's Cempaka International School.

And that's why I am here, to sort of clarify any doubts you guys (or gals) have regarding the school (or college if u preferred). For the information, I'm currently doing my A-level at Cempaka ( actually we're in the middle of examinations now. ), bound to UK for Science, so I'm willing to help anyone with any questions regarding Cempaka.

Last edited by Miracle_seed; 23-05-2010 at 02:12 AM.
g1noah is offline   Reply With Quote
mehul91 Male

#2 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: JPA 2009 (UK) : Anyone coming to Cempaka International College???

you are so lucky, that is a gud place...guess wat, i got taylors to do canada pre u.......arghhhhhhhhhhhh
mehul91 is offline   Reply With Quote
pureint91 Male

#3 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: JPA 2009 (UK) : Anyone coming to Cempaka International College???

Gud la, i gt usa, T_T
pureint91 is offline   Reply With Quote
maestro_zouk Male
Less Junior Member

#4 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: JPA 2009 (UK) : Anyone coming to Cempaka International College???

i gt cempaka school...
anyone got/from there??
maestro_zouk is offline   Reply With Quote
sonatinalai Male
Less Junior Member

#5 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: JPA 2009 (UK) : Anyone coming to Cempaka International College???

Hey! Ya I'm going to CEMPAKA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL!! Feel so excited about it!!! Going to attend the orientation! Wohoo!

LOL....please cool down if you have similar thoughts.

BTW, i'm also one of the 2008 JPA students in Cempaka. You can identify me easily by my surname Lai. Let's see who's here... maestro_zouk... care to tell us more about you? For example country chosen, which state you are from...which subject you chose to study at Uni...Everything!!

Haha! Enjoy your holidays before you come for registration in early July!

Last edited by sonatinalai; 10-06-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
sonatinalai is offline   Reply With Quote
maestro_zouk Male
Less Junior Member

#6 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: JPA 2009 (UK) : Anyone coming to Cempaka International College???

course:science(how much subject am i going to study there??can we choose??)
n
do we have to wear uniforms???
sonatinalai Male
Less Junior Member

#7 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: JPA 2009 (UK) : Anyone coming to Cempaka International College???

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro_zouk View Post
course:science(how much subject am i going to study there??can we choose??)
n
do we have to wear uniforms???
4 Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
All 4 subjects have to be studied in 2 years, to full A-levels (AS and A2)
Basically AS is like the 1st halve of A-levels, and it is easier than A2. But it is no way as easy as your SPM!! Although the content is not very much compared to SPM (Ya, SPM!) in some subjects, but the ways questions are set are not as straightforward!

BTW, if you are mathematically inclined, you may want to try Further Maths. It will not be included in the package that JPA sponsors, so basically you have to self-study and pay the exam fees for Further Maths. But that is off topic here.

UNIFORM!! Since it is a SCHOOL, we have uniforms! We got uniforms for free, don't know about your batch... Generally you have to wear a shirt (with collar, not too informal), and a uniform pants. On wednesday you will wear full uniform which includes white shirt, uniform pants, tie and blazer. You have to wear black leather shoes too! Although some ppl choose to wear black school canvas shoes (including me)...

Hmm...there are a lot of stories to tell, but only if you are really interested. Haha! We have a few Perak friends in our batch, around 4-5 (out of 39)! So you are not alone! When you are coming for registration?
maestro_zouk Male
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: JPA 2009 (UK) : Anyone coming to Cempaka International College???

owh..
my registration is on july...
so is it similar to form 6???
sure..i'm intrested in listening to ur stories....
sonatinalai Male
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: JPA 2009 (UK) : Anyone coming to Cempaka International College???

CEMPAKA is a school comprising kindergarten all the way to A-levels. It is a private school, so students here are generally rich! Recently there have been some changes in the canteen, it used to be very bad until I chose to cook and bring to school for lunch. But it has improved now, so it's fine. You will also be doing IELTS apart from the 4 academic subjects. If you think you need to revise your materials before coming (there will be a streaming test soon after ur registration!! Scary~~) , just read your SPM reference books. They won't ask more than that... But be prepared to surprises!
maestro_zouk Male
Less Junior Member

#10 Old 01-06-2009 Default Re: JPA 2009 (UK) : Anyone coming to Cempaka International College???

owh...how about the rooms???transportation??daily life(weekday&weekend)
n do u get jpa???