ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

View Poll Results: How is the Quality of PILN/PIDN result 2011?
Satisfying. Supportive towards the Public Service Department's stand. 6 7.14%
Satisfying. Yet a little doubtful if there are other more ideal approaches to make ends meet.. 9 10.71%
Neutral stand. I don't know anything about this. 6 7.14%
Not satisfying. There are other ways to make this scholarship parallel to colour-blind policy. 23 27.38%
Not satisfying. They MUST consider approaches to address the appeals, ignorance is not acceptable. 21 25.00%
TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! The scholars list MUST be abolished and another list should be published. 19 22.62%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
AlternateF4 Male
Member
 
AlternateF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 257
  #61 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerav View Post
I didn't day you can't appeal. If you can appeal, by all means appeal.

The thing is that what happens if you can't appeal.
We can appeal, but just look at the appeal process, and the chances of getting a successful appeal. Could we just accept what they give us? I rather give it back to them.
AlternateF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Cerav Male
Less Junior Member
 
Cerav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 117
  #62 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateF4 View Post
We can appeal, but just look at the appeal process, and the chances of getting a successful appeal. Could we just accept what they give us? I rather give it back to them.
Give the scholarship back? Its up to you actually, and luck plays a very big part in life and in appeals too but i wish you all the best for the appeal. And if it doesn't go your way there's the lemonade story(it works ^_^!!)
Cerav is offline   Reply With Quote
idunnoy Male
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 45
  #63 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateF4 View Post
There are excellent students who are chosen to get the JPA scholarship, nevertheless. But some were not as deserving as those that weren't chosen. Just read the news, will you? Especially the chinese newspaper. Those are the cases if you want to know.
Dont be silly, i read the news. The crying 10A+ girl applied for medic and as u all know, medic a very competitive course. Besides, how do u know she has extremely good koko and performed well in the interview?

U want to talk about creating awareness on the internet? Well, people created this awareness long time ago and it's u who are not aware of them.
idunnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to idunnoy For This Useful Post:
Nicholas92 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer
 
Nicholas92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 363
  #64 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateF4 View Post
You are just partially agreeing, isn't that not much difference from "indifference"? What's wrong is wrong. We should be fighting for it. We have been suppressed, it's naturally normal for us to fight for it.

Stop telling me the lemonade story in another context. I'm not fighting for JPA anymore, but just to let you know, I hope that the younger generations can get it, fairly. What we teenagers can do for now? CREATE AWARENESS ON THE INTERNET OF COURSE.
I never said there was anything wrong with fighting for fairness, in fact I'm all FOR fighting for fairness and it's the people who are willing to act like that that I believe are deserving. What I meant is that I disagree with the fact that scholarships are a given right, but I wholeheartedly agree with the fact that they are being handled very wrongly right now.

And nothing wrong with internet awareness, of course. Oh and, I'm not throwing around the 'lemonade story' at you about your JPA experience, OK? But I mention it because the issue's been brought up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
Life is randomly unfair. But now the government appears to be systematically unfair.

I admit that life is unfair in a sense. I recognise it, but not necessarily agree that it is a condition that can't be improved.
I'm not saying it can't be improved, either. Change is simple, but never always easy. We can tell what's wrong so easily. Changing it is a different matter. Years of BN rule proves that. I'm saying that not letting a few failures along the way bog you down such that you can't continue to that eventual (maybe even inevitable) change that you're working for.
Nicholas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
AlternateF4 Male
Member
 
AlternateF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 257
  #65 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerav View Post
Give the scholarship back? Its up to you actually, and luck plays a very big part in life and in appeals too but i wish you all the best for the appeal. And if it doesn't go your way there's the lemonade story(it works ^_^!!)
I didn't appeal. I didn't appeal because I am aware that many many many of my other friends who are even deserving than I am didn't get the scholarship.
I got 7A+, 2A, 1A-. My parents' income is just middle class, my mom's a government servant. I have several brothers and sisters. My co-cu? I have took part in an international competition and have been awarded co-cu awards by the school, including the "sportsman" title. AND YES, ALL THAT AND I FEEL MANY OF MY FRIENDS DESERVE IT MORE THAN I DO. That's how bad the system is. Just for you to understand my feelings better.
AlternateF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlternateF4 For This Useful Post:
Cactus Male
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 396
  #66 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas92 View Post
I never said there was anything wrong with fighting for fairness, in fact I'm all FOR fighting for fairness and it's the people who are willing to act like that that I believe are deserving. What I meant is that I disagree with the fact that scholarships are a given right, but I wholeheartedly agree with the fact that they are being handled very wrongly right now.

And nothing wrong with internet awareness, of course. Oh and, I'm not throwing around the 'lemonade story' at you about your JPA experience, OK? But I mention it because the issue's been brought up.



I'm not saying it can't be improved, either. Change is simple, but never always easy. We can tell what's wrong so easily. Changing it is a different matter. Years of BN rule proves that. I'm saying that not letting a few failures along the way bog you down such that you can't continue to that eventual (maybe even inevitable) change that you're working for.
I think I can agree to that.

(Just that I find it particularly annoying when people start saying "life's unfair. just accept it." Seems to imply some sort of inaction.)
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
AlternateF4 Male
Member
 
AlternateF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 257
  #67 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idunnoy View Post
Dont be silly, i read the news. The crying 10A+ girl applied for medic and as u all know, medic a very competitive course. Besides, how do u know she has extremely good koko and performed well in the interview?

U want to talk about creating awareness on the internet? Well, people created this awareness long time ago and it's u who are not aware of them.
I do know people who have 10A+ and have VERY GOOD co-cu results who didn't get the scholarship.
AlternateF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Cerav Male
Less Junior Member
 
Cerav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 117
  #68 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateF4 View Post
I didn't appeal. I didn't appeal because I am aware that many many many of my other friends who are even deserving than I am didn't get the scholarship.
I got 7A+, 2A, 1A-. My parents' income is just middle class, my mom's a government servant. I have several brothers and sisters. My co-cu? I have took part in an international competition and have been awarded co-cu awards by the school, including the "sportsman" title. AND YES, ALL THAT AND I FEEL MANY OF MY FRIENDS DESERVE IT MORE THAN I DO. That's how bad the system is. Just for you to understand my feelings better.
Don't beat yourself up too much, you are who you are~ The thing was opportunity came knocking at your door and its your choice to set life your life. Its very admirable of you to do like that.
Cerav is offline   Reply With Quote
AlternateF4 Male
Member
 
AlternateF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 257
  #69 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idunnoy View Post
Dont be silly, i read the news. The crying 10A+ girl applied for medic and as u all know, medic a very competitive course. Besides, how do u know she has extremely good koko and performed well in the interview?

U want to talk about creating awareness on the internet? Well, people created this awareness long time ago and it's u who are not aware of them.
There isn't enough awareness for the people(meaning the majority of the nation) to take actions.
AlternateF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Cerav Male
Less Junior Member
 
Cerav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 117
  #70 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateF4 View Post
I do know people who have 10A+ and have VERY GOOD co-cu results who didn't get the scholarship.
As in literally no scholarship or she didn't apply?
Cerav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion: JPA PILN/PIDN 2011 Results kaihui2020 ReCom Chat Forum 4561 16-03-2012 02:56 AM
Help: Piln/pidn jpa kaihui2020 Scholarships 351 22-04-2011 03:17 AM
Piln/pidn jpa kaihui2020 Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships 1 25-02-2011 09:56 AM
Survey: JPA PILN & PIDN 2010 RESULT [Original Thread] george1209 Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships 144 03-07-2010 10:06 PM
JPA PILN & PIDN 2010 RESULT [Discussion Thread] yoghurt92 Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships 78 12-06-2010 10:32 AM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.11948 seconds with 18 queries