ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

View Poll Results: How is the Quality of PILN/PIDN result 2011?
Satisfying. Supportive towards the Public Service Department's stand. 6 7.14%
Satisfying. Yet a little doubtful if there are other more ideal approaches to make ends meet.. 9 10.71%
Neutral stand. I don't know anything about this. 6 7.14%
Not satisfying. There are other ways to make this scholarship parallel to colour-blind policy. 23 27.38%
Not satisfying. They MUST consider approaches to address the appeals, ignorance is not acceptable. 21 25.00%
TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! The scholars list MUST be abolished and another list should be published. 19 22.62%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

ayjiahui Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#101 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateF4 View Post
Yes i know that not all of our parent's taxes goes to tertiary education. But with the amount paid by our parents, and of course richer parents, i believe the gov has the capability to give tertiary education to MORE deserving people. Just imagine Malaysia without private colleges. I bet most of us won't even get tertiary education, correct me if i am wrong.
Budget issues will always be contentious no matter which country you're in.

There is a demand for tertiary education which is why they come about, so it is impossible to have a Malaysia without private colleges. Also, yes the government can give tertiary education to.... local universities. Seriously, tertiary education these days is easily obtainable. Very. Easily. The only difference is the recognition and reputation, that's all.

anyway, seriously, this tax thing is really really a moot issue. =__=

Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy.
~Henry Kissinger

(looking for people to parler franšais! PM me!)
ayjiahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Cactus Male

#102 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjiahui View Post
Like I said. Government and country aren't the same thing. And if one small hiccup in life like this deters your 'loyalty', even if the government were more fair and more transparent... you'd turn less loyal anyway. No?
Can I say that not getting her desired scholarship might be the trigger of her "disloyalty" (what a loaded word)?

Maybe she already saw a lot of unfairness around, but not getting the scholarship is what personally affected her, so....she the government lo.

Yes, Malaysian government and the Federation of Malaysia is different, but they are all politics. A country is a political system also right? Theoretically she could be fed up with the politics of this country and just want to leave.
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ayjiahui Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#103 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young View Post
You cannot take private institutions out of the equation. They are there for a reason: they fill a social and economical need. Demand is the main driver of the private education industry in Malaysia. If you want to pluck establishments out of countries at whim, you might as well remove the entire healthcare system and half the education system in the USA, since they're mostly private.

Also, did you know that our taxation rates are one of the lowest in the world? If I'm not mistaken, our highest income tax bracket is only 26-30% yet we're able to provide (almost) free education and healthcare for all citizens. Do you have any idea how amazing that is? Australia's highest tax bracket is 50%, and they can barely sustain their semi-welfare state. If you really want everything to be as perfect and perky as you play it out in your idealized conception of Malaysia, why not increase our taxes to 50% too? How would you like that?
Sidetracking: Cos Australia pays everyone too well. Cost of workers just too high! Working on public holidays = double pay. Of course they can't sustain their country lah. HAHAH.

Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy.
~Henry Kissinger

The Following User Says Thank You to ayjiahui For This Useful Post:
AlternateF4 Male

#104 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Like I said. Government and country aren't the same thing. And if one small hiccup in life like this deters your 'loyalty', even if the government were more fair and more transparent... you'd turn less loyal anyway. No?
I agree that the government isn't the country, but in Malaysia's context, it's quite hard to differentiate the government and the country, without reading up the subject Sejarah. BN has been in power for too long, and many are afraid that they will be in power for an even longer time. So, they are forced to be not loyal to the country, and eventually flee. This is very sad, but we, non bumis, are not the majority, so it's technically hard to vote out the existing government that uses race and religion to secure their seats in parliament.
AlternateF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
ayjiahui Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#105 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
Can I say that not getting her desired scholarship might be the trigger of her "disloyalty" (what a loaded word)?

Maybe she already saw a lot of unfairness around, but not getting the scholarship is what personally affected her, so....she the government lo.

Yes, Malaysian government and the Federation of Malaysia is different, but they are all politics. A country is a political system also right? Theoretically she could be fed up with the politics of this country and just want to leave.
Precisely why it is funny.

~Henry Kissinger

Cactus Male

#106 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Precisely why it is funny.
sorry, don't see the funniness.

???
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ayjiahui Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#107 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateF4 View Post
I agree that the government isn't the country, but in Malaysia's context, it's quite hard to differentiate the government and the country, without reading up the subject Sejarah. BN has been in power for too long, and many are afraid that they will be in power for an even longer time. So, they are forced to be not loyal to the country, and eventually flee. This is very sad, but we, non bumis, are not the majority, so it's technically hard to vote out the existing government that uses race and religion to secure their seats in parliament.
Do you follow the news? Er, no one is ever forced or coerced to 'flee'. You make it sound like our country is having civil war. =__=

Er... Firstly, follow the politics and you will realize that change is happening. More and more urban Malays and Bumis are the ones going against the Gov. Hence, BN lost stronghold on all the urban states.

As you can see, BN is currently in a state of panic which is why Najib announced what he did in the first place. I think it was dumb and a political coy just to nab Chinese support since most of us Chinese(and I say this with a huge amount of regret) can be so easily appeased with the providence of a scholarship. Whether or not the government will see a revamp in the next election or two, I doubt it. But have faith. Good always wins. Eventually.

~Henry Kissinger

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ayjiahui For This Useful Post:
AlternateF4 Male

#108 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
sorry, don't see the funniness.

???
I'm stuck of where to begin. Is that funny?
Errr, read back my reply, i said "I WOULD", not "SHE WOULD". So i would if i were her, which i am not her. So she might not, and i definitely won't. LOL
AlternateF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Nicholas92 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#109 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

^Lol yeah I think everyone missed that.
Nicholas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
ayjiahui Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#110 Old 20-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas92 View Post
^Lol yeah I think everyone missed that.
Missed what

~Henry Kissinger