ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Singapore Scholarship for Academic Year 2011/2012

Gemini Female
Less Junior Member

#21 Old 19-03-2011 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship for Academic Year 2011/2012

May I know for last page (pg. 7) of d app form, can I get it endorsed by officers in PPD?because my form 6 skul's in KL whereas I m in Ipoh.I retook STPM last year in KL.Erm..so can i get it endorsed by my former form 6 skul in Ipoh?...n wat's d ministry's stamp mean?which ministry?kinda confused
Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Johnivan Male

#22 Old 20-03-2011 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship for Academic Year 2011/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya View Post
My school leaving certificate is very narrow spaced and messy, i can't find space to write translations there..

by the way i translated as follow, is it ok?

"The school would like to congratulate..."

"Honors award"

"Certificate of Appreciation" (as translated by google translate but i think certificate of acknowledgment is much better.. haha!)

and "atas pencapaian cemerlang" = "on his excellent achievement" ?
Fine with the translations, but keep in mind that your standard of English is revealed this way too. You could actually print a piece of white paper with the translations of the certificate in the exact same format. I did that for all my certs rather than writing them down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
May I know for last page (pg. 7) of d app form, can I get it endorsed by officers in PPD?because my form 6 skul's in KL whereas I m in Ipoh.I retook STPM last year in KL.Erm..so can i get it endorsed by my former form 6 skul in Ipoh?...n wat's d ministry's stamp mean?which ministry?kinda confused
If you have read my posts, I let my school principal sign all my photocopied certificates. But for the last section, I went to JPA's office in Putrajaya to get it endorsed by some officer in charge. Frankly, page 7 can be endorsed by your school principal, because I do have a friend who got the interview even though signed by the school principal, so don't really need the trouble. I'm not sure about PPD, but I think it should be fine if they are willing to sign for you.

A few links worth checking out:
My Life Story
Further Mathematics T Blog (2003-2011 Syllabus)

Last edited by Johnivan; 20-03-2011 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Johnivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Renelyn Female
Super Junior Member

#23 Old 20-03-2011 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship for Academic Year 2011/2012

For the official declaration, is it a must to be completed n endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Is there any alternative?
Renelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member

#24 Old 20-03-2011 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship for Academic Year 2011/2012

I just got it certified by my school teacher today..

and guess what, the stamp is in Malay, "Saya mengesahkan bahawa salinan ini bla bla bla..."

he said there's no stamp written in english... i wonder if it's okay? @@
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Johnivan Male

#25 Old 20-03-2011 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship for Academic Year 2011/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renelyn View Post
For the official declaration, is it a must to be completed n endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? Is there any alternative?
not mfa, but jpa. i answered that question above...

Quote:
I just got it certified by my school teacher today..

and guess what, the stamp is in Malay, "Saya mengesahkan bahawa salinan ini bla bla bla..."

he said there's no stamp written in english... i wonder if it's okay? @@
it's okay. jpa don't have english chop either...

My Life Story

Last edited by Johnivan; 20-03-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnivan For This Useful Post:
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member

#26 Old 21-03-2011 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship for Academic Year 2011/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnivan View Post
it's okay. jpa don't have english chop either...

ohh.. glad to hear that!
Renelyn Female
Super Junior Member

#27 Old 21-03-2011 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship for Academic Year 2011/2012

Thanks Johnivan, because I was quite confuse with the statement above.
Renelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member

#28 Old 22-03-2011 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship for Academic Year 2011/2012

eh. @@

i notice the teacher did not sign my IC copy although it is stamped.

which should i do?
-attach the stamped but not signed copy.
-attach the unstamped and unsigned copy.
-attach the stamped and faked sign copy? LOL.

><"

i can't go to the school and ask the teacher to sign it again cause my school is kinda far away and it is very troublesome..

i wonder if it's okay if i just send the one without signature.. @_@

p/s: i have birth cert which is translated, certified and signed though..
Johnivan Male

#29 Old 22-03-2011 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship for Academic Year 2011/2012

Quote:
eh. @@

i notice the teacher did not sign my IC copy although it is stamped.

which should i do?
-attach the stamped but not signed copy.
-attach the unstamped and unsigned copy.
-attach the stamped and faked sign copy? LOL.

><"

i can't go to the school and ask the teacher to sign it again cause my school is kinda far away and it is very troublesome..

i wonder if it's okay if i just send the one without signature.. @_@

p/s: i have birth cert which is translated, certified and signed though..
You mean all the 4 copies weren't signed? I'm not really sure about that, but I think you should get it signed, just in case. It can be signed from different schools by the way. Half of my certs were signed in my secondary school, while the other half by my high school...

My Life Story
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member

#30 Old 22-03-2011 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship for Academic Year 2011/2012

Oh.. i think what i need to do already

i'll go to my secondary form 1~5 school to certify it all again since it is nearer.. the school does not offer form 6, but they can certify stpm result right? It's only about the credibility... or not? lol..

btw, at (4) Educational Qualifications, "please indicate the course/programme you are currently studying" (GCE 'A' levels, STPM, UEC, ...),
Do i write STPM? but the word "currently" puzzled me.

and under "Course", is it Science or Science Stream?

Last edited by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya; 22-03-2011 at 07:32 PM.