ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

edge_seraph Male
Super Junior Member

#11 Old 03-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanyzephyr View Post
Went last year. flung my maths definitely, not to mention writing my code number WRONGLY. OMG Feel like dying. last years' chem and bio was like so damn easy summore. I applied medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and agricultural sciences XD
Haha, same here. I was clueless during Maths. Half the time was spent staring the ceiling and at other candidates. In the end, I managed to solve just 2 questions only.

Quote:
you are allowed to leave earlier. What level is your japanese? Mine is N3
Woah, so high. I have almost zero knowledge of Japanese language. Just know how to read the Japanese scripts only. >.< You self-studied Japanese? What's the proficiency level of Japanese being tested in the MEXT examination?
edge_seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
zanyzephyr Male
Less Junior Member

#12 Old 03-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_seraph View Post
Haha, same here. I was clueless during Maths. Half the time was spent staring the ceiling and at other candidates. In the end, I managed to solve just 2 questions only.

Woah, so high. I have almost zero knowledge of Japanese language. Just know how to read the Japanese scripts only. >.< You self-studied Japanese? What's the proficiency level of Japanese being tested in the MEXT examination?
Haha same man. never liked coordinate geometry!!! N3 only wut.. highest lvl is N1. I took Japanese for 3 years already, part time in ICLS. I took the international recognition JLPT N3 last year. Proficiency level, probably from simplest to hardest. No worries. It's an advantage, but no discount if you don't know.
zanyzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
edge_seraph Male
Super Junior Member

#13 Old 03-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Quote:
Haha same man. never liked coordinate geometry!!! N3 only wut.. highest lvl is N1. I took Japanese for 3 years already, part time in ICLS. I took the international recognition JLPT N3 last year. Proficiency level, probably from simplest to hardest. No worries. It's an advantage, but no discount if you don't know.
Hey, at least you know how to construct basic sentences and read Kanji. I heard ICLS is pretty expensive, no? You took the Japanese test last year as well?
edge_seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya Male
Less Junior Member

#14 Old 03-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Quote:
you are allowed to leave earlier. What level is your japanese? Mine is N3
I have no level .. didn't have formal education of Japanese language..

I only learned some from watching anime.. cannot write but can read a bit.. cause kanji is in Chinese so i may somehow guess what the sentence is about..

can speak some very basic things though... haha~
Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
zanyzephyr Male
Less Junior Member

#15 Old 04-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_seraph View Post
Hey, at least you know how to construct basic sentences and read Kanji. I heard ICLS is pretty expensive, no? You took the Japanese test last year as well?

Yeap I took last year's one also. The grammar was easy. I find the comprehension hard because of the amount of words I need to read. But I finished the paper anyway. Should be easier for me by now, I'm in intermediate level. As for ICLS. 120 per month for an extra language should be fine. Tuition these days come up to 100++ anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya View Post
I have no level .. didn't have formal education of Japanese language..

I only learned some from watching anime.. cannot write but can read a bit.. cause kanji is in Chinese so i may somehow guess what the sentence is about..

can speak some very basic things though... haha~
I have to be harsh on this. Language from anime= no help. Want to learn? Go for 1 hour drama, at least they are real. As for Kanji, they might mean the same, but their reading and writing style is definitely different. Once hiragana kicks into the sentence, you are going to face loads of problem. PS: Articles in Japanese are normally 60% Hiragana and 40% Kanji. You do the math. But its okay, you just need to ace ur subject test. You will need to go for one year language prep course when u are accepted anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to zanyzephyr For This Useful Post:
celia26 Female
Super Junior Member

#16 Old 08-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoi-Ya-Ee-Ya View Post
Nope.. have you?

Update: Just checked my mailbox.. apparently me and one of my friend got the letter.. the test is on 29th May.. I wonder how in depth are the questions? SPM level or what? It says no calculators allowed, so like Physics questions will be based on theory only?

Btw, what's mathematics B?
Hi, u can find pass year questions of the exam at the japanese govt. portal.. Maths B is something like add maths..
celia26 is offline   Reply With Quote
zanyzephyr Male
Less Junior Member

#17 Old 09-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by celia26 View Post
Hi, u can find pass year questions of the exam at the japanese govt. portal.. Maths B is something like add maths..

Maths B is more than Add Maths. It's like Maths T in SPTM.
chrono13 Male
Super Junior Member

#18 Old 19-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

I took the test last year, practically blanked maths.... if you are SPM level do some preparation for the maths test, some things good to know are the e and natural logarithms and cartesian equation of a circle. some simple calculus also involved, none harder than SPM add maths level. but the style is wildly different so yeah, do the past years before coming, http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj0308e.html#1
Super Junior Member

#19 Old 22-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

i tried the past year papers, and for a spm lvl. its very hard, especially bio, cause there are a lot of new terms that we don't learn in f4&5. :\
ruffyloohy is offline   Reply With Quote
pianoqi Female
Super Junior Member

#20 Old 28-05-2011 Default Re: Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for 2011

hi everyone~ all the best tomorrow! ^^
pianoqi is offline   Reply With Quote